Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
A Necessary Break [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

A Necessary Break [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

A Necessary Break [Closed] Empty A Necessary Break [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:41 am

A Necessary Break [Closed] Header1_zpsntd6j5jv

All Sakura did these days was push. She pushed herself passed every limit she had. Her determination shined brighter than any other aspect of her personality, excluding her obvious kindness and desire to please Ryuunosuke by training. Unfortunately, the body could only take so much and Kaidō can't heal everything. This morning Sakura woke feeling odd. She couldn't put her finger on it, but she was a little dizzy and felt slightly week. Because she didn't feel bad, just strange, she went on with her day like normal. Her day included making breakfast, training, training, and more training. This is what her life now was, even when it shouldn't be and today was one of those days that it really shouldn't be.

There were hours of strenuous training as normal, but Sakura was slower than normal. She was clumsier and made more mistakes. Any time that she was asked what her problem was, she'd wave it off with a smile. "I'm sorry. I'm just being an idiot again." Sakura sighed and continued on pushing herself. Her vision became blurry and her legs were getting weaker. The strikes she was making were almost always off their target. She moved again to swing her sword, but mid swing everything gave in. Sakura slowed down and began weaving back and forth. She leaned too far back and stepped a few times to catch herself. She succeeded, but only to fall again and pass out in the dirt, breathing heavy.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

A Necessary Break [Closed] Empty Re: A Necessary Break [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:06 am

Ryuunosuke watched Sakura closely. She was improving. Slowly, but surely. Mostly slowly. Although he told her to push herself more and criticized her more than a certain television chef, not once did he give up on her. Sakura was a blank slate of torn canvas. The first step to a masterpiece was repairing the damage. Once that was done, the work would be much easier. However, sewing a canvas back together was far from an easy task. Sakura was learning this the hard way.

Ryuunosuke watched her today with a raised eyebrow. It was as if she had gone back ten steps. All of the progress she had made was lost and then some. It wasn't normal, and Ryuunosuke asked if she was okay multiple times. But she didn't seem to get the fact that something was wrong. Ryuunosuke was thinking of calling it early, but her persistance was somewhat inspiring—if not stupid. And then she dropped almost-dead. Ryuunosuke waited a moment to see if she'd get up. She didn't. Appearing by her side in a blur, Ryuunosuke turned her over. She was breathing heavily with more sweat than normal. "Sakura? Can you hear me?" He lightly shook her to see if she'd wake up.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:18 am

Sakura had collapsed under the weight of her own determination. Sickness and rigorous training was not a good combination. She stirred slightly as her body was turned over, but still did not wake. She heard him call to her and tried to force her eyes open. Her eyes fluttered a bit as she strained to open them. Finally, the opened just enough to look at him. "Ryuunosuke... What happened?" she took in a deep breath, sounds of cracking easily heard, and then she began coughing. "Sorry. I-I'll get up. We still have a few mor-..." Sakura realized very quickly that she wasn't gonna be able to train. Not only did her vision instantly blur,  but Ryuunosuke began  guiding her away from the training grounds. "But what about... I have to continu-..." And that is when it hit her and hit her hard. She stopped walking and grabbed onto her forehead, "Ow, ow, ow... Okay, maybe not. I don't feel well at all... I'm sorry."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:38 am

She wasn't dead. That was the important part. "You collapsed." Ryuunosuke helped Sakura up, but wrapped her arm around his shoulder. She was done for the day. "You're not going to continue today." He began walking her away when she stopped. "Come on, let's get you to the bench over there. You'll rest, then I'll take you home." He helped her over, not saying a word until she sat down. He handed her a sports bottle with water inside and sat down next to her.

"You are sick, aren't you?" After getting confirmation, he stared off in contemplation. "Do not feel sorry about being sick. Feel sorry for not telling me." Ryuunosuke looked at her with annoyance in his deep eyes. "A fish with one broken fin can still swim, but it will only swim in circles." He had some odd inspirational phrases. "If you are ill, you will only end up injuring yourself or others if you train. And it will only set you further back."

His stern eyes met Sakura's. "This was a waste of time for you and me. If you are ill, too injured to train, or anything that hinders you this much, let me know. I will not punish you if something like that is your reason. So you have no reason to waste our time like that. Do you understand?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:45 am

She listened while taking a long slow drink of the cool water. When she finished, Sakura nodded in agreement. "I'm sorry for not telling you then. I just didn't want to disappoint you." she stared at the floor for a moment and then looked to her hand, "I thought maybe... if I kept training while sick, it'd teach me to push myself even more. It'd help me work through the pain and discomfort... I didn't think I'd faint." Sakura's face was showing a lot of discomfort at the moment. She looked like she could fall over at any minute. She worked herself too hard for someone that was sick. She also had a  high fever and it was rising. "I think I should go home and rest." Sakura smiled weakly toward him and stood up. She felt like she was walking normal, but her balance was quite off. She kept weaving back and forth. She stopped near a wall, took a deep breath, and then continued trying to get back to her room.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:55 am

"A noble, but foolish thought. Discomfort is one thing. Work out in high or low temperatures, wear heavier clothing, etc. That would help with discomfort. With pain, we'll do some sparring before training then. But never train when you are sick. It simply will not work. Another student of mine did the same thing. He has built up a strong immune system so that he doesn't get sick. Or well, he had in the past. I don't know about now."

Ryuunosuke agreed with Sakura's assessment about herself. He helped her back to her room, and sat her on the bed. "You should rest. If you get orders, I'll explain that you are sick and are unable to undertake them. I have a feeling they'll believe me." He brought her a glass of water and a dining chair for him to sit on. "Are you allergic to anything? I'd rather not give you medicine you're allergic to."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:00 am

The feeling of her skin hitting the cool sheets was a wonderful one. Sakura sighed and relaxed into her pillows. When he returned with the dining chair, she was a little surprised. She didn't expect him to want to sit there next to her, but it was very sweet. Sakura sat up a bit to take a drink. As she went to swallow, she felt herself need to cough. She held the cough back to the best of her ability and then swallowed. When the water wasn't going to be spat everywhere, she turned away from him and coughed a bit. When her coughing calmed down, she laid back and turned to him while shaking her head. "Not that I know of, especially medicine wise... Though, I think I'm allergic to pollen at times. Spring is evil." Sakura giggled, trying to make a little bit of a joke, but it was hard to keep laughing.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Ryuunosuke saw the signs of her ready to cough. He was about to spring up to get a towel, but she held it back. Impressive. As she did cough, he patted her back to help ease it out. Ryuunosuke let out a one-breath-chuckle at her poor attempt at a joke before shaking his head. This girl had a terrible sense of humor. "That's good that you aren't allergic to any medicines." The former Captain-Commander looked apprehensive not long after the silence started. "Sakura," Ryuunosuke spoke hesitantly. He was trying to word this carefully. "Tell me, what do you think of the Captain-Commander? Kaminari Hakateyama, I think that's her name."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:56 am

The silence allowed Sakura to rest for a bit, but it was awkward with him sitting right there. She tried to think of something to talk about, but came up with nothing. Luckily, he had a question of his own. She opened her eyes and looked toward him as he asked. "Um... I don't know her on a personal level, but as a leader she seems okay. I know she recently messed up some how. I think she got drunk with a friend, causing her to be kidnapped and was quite brutally tortured over it. What makes it worse is that I heard she wasn't even their target, her friend was. Daigoro Ito, I believe was his name..."

Sakura stopped for a moment, holding back a few more coughs, "I also heard some recent dealings with an Arrancar went weirdly. I don't know any of the details about that though, just the rumors floating about. She always seems like a nice person and wants to be everyone's friend, so I'm not sure if she's the best leader... But she makes everyone here feel more like family, which is nice. Even if she's not as strict as previous Captain Commanders, her ability to bring people together through friendship is pretty out of this world." Sakura smiled at that. She had noticed that even the Captains seem more friendly to each other since Kaminari took office. "I heard they even had a game night and things got really fun... The Captains I mean. It's really sweet, but that isn't what you asked, is it?"

"The only thing I can say about the Head Captain is that I'd really, really like to train with her, she's kinder than most Head Captains, and takes a few more risks than she should. I think she's very sweet and might think and act a little too much with her heart, but that's not too bad of a thing. She's a wonderful person, but a little dumb and extremely insecure, which sounds strange coming from me, I know... Her insecurities cause her to mess up from what I can tell. I don't know much else..." Sakura turned to him again and tilted her head a bit, "How come you wanted to know that?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:56 am

Ryuunosuke listened long and hard to Sakura's explanation of Kaminari. It was almost as he expected. As a woman, she was leading by emotion. Tsubine had led with command most likely. What surprised Ryuunosuke was that it seemed to be working. That was the biggest worry Ryuunosuke had about Kaminari. That since she'd probably be leading with the heart, she might falter. And she hadn't. His expression turned thoughtful midway through. He'd probably have to give her a second look.

"My successor retired far earlier than I had wanted him to. He left her in charge. I was trying to see if I had made a mistake in ever leaving. You say she acts a little too much on her heart. That was what I expected, and feared frankly. But you've countered my fears. It, somehow, seems that her plan is working. It is a good thing, and something I will have to give her credit for." Ryuunosuke nodded to himself. "Thank you for answering that." Ryuunosuke thought for a moment, then spoke up again. "Enough about others though. I think we should get to know one another better. It will only end up helping your training. So..." Ryuunosuke thought hard, then decided on a question. "So... what kind of foods do you like?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:09 am

Sakura listened with obvious curiosity as he explained. When he finished, she could only smile softly and nod with him. "Of course. Any time." she replied to his thank you. Ryuunosuke changed the subject with a pleasant surprise. He wanted to get to know her? Sakura's eyes shined, even through the weak expression she had. Someone actually wanted to know about her? His question was basic, but to Sakura it was quite personal. It wasn't personal as in private, but personal as in she gets to answer about herself. She wasn't used to that at all. "Well, I've always had a fast metabolism, so I can usually eat anything I want. In the morning, I don't care if the meal is a bit more fattening. The more calories it has, the more I have to burn through training. Because of that, pancakes, french toast, waffles, and anything covered in syrup. It's kind of funny too, because I don't really like high sugary stuff..."

"During lunch, I keep it to vegetables and sometimes a smoothie. I prefer to have some sort of Mexican food though, which sounds odd, but it's true. You can't find much, if any of that in the Seireitei, which is kind of disappointing. It's why I like being stationed in America... They switched up on me last time and put me in Greece..." Sakura glanced toward him with a sweet smile, "Lucky me." She looked back up to the ceiling and thought a bit more. "Dinner... Italian. Well, when I say that I mean spaghetti and lasagna, but only because I didn't want to say Mexican twice." Sakura felt a coughing fit coming on, so she quickly grabbed the water and took a drink. The coughing seemed to back down, so she cleared her throat. "When you were in the world of the living... Did you enjoy anything like that? Eat new foods, go extraordinary places, or just enjoy the different cultures they have?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:35 am

Well, this did help Ryuunosuke understand Sakura some. It definitely explained how she could keep going like she did. "It's good that you enjoy foods that have higher calories and carbohydrates." Ryuunosuke nodded to himself again. "I guess 'fattening you up' is now just going to let me train you harder." He had a poor attempt at a joke, but not as bad as hers. At least in his mind. Once again, Ryuunosuke patted her back to help her with her coughing.

"I practically traveled the world. But not to try foods or see sights. I watched and trained alongside many different schools of martial arts and self-defense. I climbed Mount Everest as well. It's a little easier when you don't have to breathe as much." Ryuunosuke stretched slightly. "When I was in the World of the Living, it wasn't for pleasure. I needed to better myself. The best food I had during my stays was in the Siberian wilderness. The native Yukaghir people have some of the best food. Although, it is more protein-heavy than most meals. Did you find anything you liked to do in the World of the Living? A hobby of some sort? Besides training, that is."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:49 am

Sakura actually pouted at him for a moment. "Note to self: Buy more food." she added to his joke and then giggled, but only caused herself to cough again. She took a deep breath and listened to him as he answered her question. She understood his answer, but she didn't like it. "Hobbies..." she heard his question, but her mind was on what he had previously said. She pushed those thoughts back and thought about what he wanted to know. "I cook, but I don't really do it because it's fun or anything. I'm just decent at it. Besides training, there's nothing else I really do unless I'm on a mission. I've never felt good at anything else, so I wouldn't even know where to begin with a hobby. In the world of the living, I liked watching all the different types of dances. My favorite is the ballroom dancing... The waltz, tango, foxtrot, quick step... They're all wonderful. I'd like to learn something like that, but I'm really clumsy and doubt I can move like they can, so I don't think I could, even if I tried."

"Ryuunosuke..." When Sakura spoke up this time, she sounded more concerned than curious, "Do you ever just... have fun? I don't mean to sound offensive, so please don't take it that way. I'm just... worried. Not only for you, but for me. I want to train, I want to get stronger, but I want to also live my life in a way that I could also be happy. I'll be happy when I'm stronger," That was the first time she ever said 'when' about herself over the word 'if', "but am sometimes curious about whether it's worth it if I only train my life away. I can't remember the last time I went to a party, had a friend to just hang out with, seen a beach without fighting a hollow, or being able to laugh and smile with other people. It's depressing... I feel like if you are able to do fun things that don't require training, then I have a chance to do that too... I don't want to train my life away, but I'm scared I will... I can't even find a decent hobby for myself and don't have enough to even be good at something... It sucks."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:06 am

Sakura's worry was almost annoying. She didn't fully understand him. "That's not something you need to worry about for me. Training is, in its own way, 'fun.'" "...Are you sure about that? So when was the last time you smiled?" Ryuunosuke looked at Sakura with a scolding glare. "I wasn't done, Sakura. I said in its own way. To answer your question, it was skiing down Mount Everest. Gigais are surprisingly durable at high speeds." There was a hint of a smirk on his lips.

"I should have spoke more about my travels. I did not just train my body. Have you seen the sunrise on a frozen wasteland? Have you walked through the jungles, finding new species of birds? Have you seen buffalo roaming across plains? How about finding a long-lost Buddhist temple? I have. And each of those were wondrous things. They were fun, but to me, bettering myself brings me more joy." Ryuunosuke crossed his arms. "If you like dancing, that is something I can teach you as well. I worked with Antonio Todaro, one of the most prolific tango choreographers ever."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:29 am

Sakura interrupted him. How stupid! His glare caused her to look down to her knees. "Sorry." she said with a tone full of guilt.  She knew better than that. She glanced back over to him as he spoke of skiing and saw the smallest hint of a smirk. "He's probably only doing that because I asked... Unless he really did have fun..." she thought and then listened to all of his adventures. Every question he asked put another image in her head, one she wanted to experience, but probably never would. "Of course I haven't experienced any of that..." she said as he crossed his arms, "I've never really experienced any fun like that before. I don't even have the courage to learn to dance, journeying through a jungle is impossible for me, at least until I get to the point I need to be. Until then, I feel kinda trapped."

Sakura's eyes widened when he offered to teach her to dance. She looked to him, blinking rapidly in surprise. "I, uh..." Sakura's head quickly whipped around to face the other way as a pretty strong coughing attack hit. It went on for quite some time and sounded like she had something stuck in her throat or lungs. She had a pretty bad cold. When she finally stopped coughing, she scooted away from him and put the blanket over the top half of her face. "If you stay too close to me, you'll get sick too. I'd rather that not happen." Sakura looked back to the ceiling, "Still, I don't want you to go. I like having you with me. It's a lot less lonely with you around, and you're my favorite person to talk to."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:49 pm

The Everest story was going to have to be one that Ryuunosuke told her about. Which would be an honor in and of itself. Ryuunosuke didn't talk about specifics in his travels often. But this would be an exception, as well as a story for another day. "I may take you with me on one of those treks. It would be something that would garner you just as many lessons as a week's worth of training." Ryuunosuke was penciling in plans to take Sakura on a sort-of vacation now, thinking that she might like going to the isles of the south Pacific.

As Sakura coughed, Ryuunosuke patted her back once again. It was something he was going to do every time she did this and he was nearby. She better get used to it. He let her scoot away once it stopped, but pulled the blanket off of her face so she could breathe. Ryuunosuke leaned over and patted the top of her head. It was reminiscent of what a father would do for his sick daughter, but it showed that his heart wasn't as stoic as he let it seem. "I would like to continue talking to you too, Sakura. And I glad that you feel that way. Hopefully, I'll help you bring in more friends so it will make that honor more distinct. But right now, I think it'd be better for you to get some rest. You're coughing more and more. So lie down and rest. If you need anything, I'll be on the couch." He stood, nodding once to Sakura. Grabbing the dining chair, he made his way back to the living room so that she could get some much-needed rest.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:35 pm

Two days of rest was enough to get Sakura back on her feet. She wanted to jump right into training again, but was told no. Ryuunosuke felt she needed a day to fully recover. Her cough had gotten horrible and she ended up with a fever above one hundred the night before. Luckily, it all went away pretty quickly and she was ready to get back into training. With Ryuunosuke disagreeing completely, Sakura was forced to keep to her bedroom. It was silent most of the day. She cooked dinner, having insisted on it and she wasn't taking no for an answer. He had taken care of her for the past two nights, so this was her thank you. When it was time to sleep, Sakura found herself tossing and turning in bed. She felt restless and the feeling was a bit too much for her at the moment.

Sakura gave in and got out of bed. She hadn't left the house since she was sick and needed some fresh air. She grabbed her Zanpakutō out of habit and glanced back to the sleeping Ryuunosuke with a soft smile before leaving. She'll be back before he woke up. The air was cool and the Seireitei was quiet. She traveled outside of the barracks and began making her way to her destination. The route she was taking made it seem like she was heading to the training grounds, but she really wasn't.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:43 pm

Little did Sakura know, sneaking past Ryuunosuke was a bad idea. She hadn't noticed it apparently, but there was one board that creaked near the door. Ryuunosuke peered out with one eye. He didn't say anything, as it was Sakura that was at the door. She was probably going out for a walk. He was about to forget it and go back to sleep when he saw her Zanpakutō on her hip. His eye narrowed and a bad feeling grew in his stomach. He had forbade training until the day after tomorrow. She better not be disobeying.

Ryuunosuke gave her a few seconds' head start before getting up and grabbing his own sword. He threw his haori over the nightrobe and began following Sakura. He was much better and stealthing than she was. When she took that last turn out of the barracks and towards the training ground, Ryuunosuke knew it was time to act. With a shunpo in front of her, Ryuunosuke glared down at the young woman. "And where exactly are you going? I forbad you from training."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:05 pm

The walk toward her little destination was almost as relaxing as when she would get there. The silence was nice and the clear air was a wonderful feeling. She dazed out while she was walking. She had no idea she was being followed and even less of an idea when he suddenly appeared in front of her. Sakura walked right into what felt like a clothed wall. With a small 'boop', she stopped and looked up to Ryuunosuke. "Oh, hi." she said softly. She tensed when she saw the glare and took a step back when he spoke. "Oh..." Sakura just smiled and giggled, shaking her head, "No, no... Come with me." Sakura stepped passed Ryuunosuke as she took hold of his hand and began guiding him along to the garden.

The two came to a small enclosed area, but inside was a pretty and well-taken care of garden. "This is where I was coming." she walked over to the bird bath and stepped on a small button. Small lights lit up just enough to softly illuminate the area. The fountains turned on, creating a nice ambiance. Sakura went over and sat on a bench and stared into the fountain. It had a few lily pads in side floating around. She pat the seat next to her so he'd sit down and then she relaxed. "I don't know who does it, but someone takes care of this place... I help every now and then by pulling a few weeds and trimming the plants, but not much. It's my favorite place, especially at night. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:30 pm

The glare worked. She backed off. But apparently, Ryuunosuke's gut was wrong. She wasn't going to go and train. At least that's what she said. Sakura hadn't given him reason to distrust her though. So he believed her. He did not care for the hand-holding, but didn't say anything about it. It was dark, after all. Ryuunosuke was silent the whole trip, and he probably could have slipped away had he had a fake hand. But something told him not to try that gag. And it wasn't the lack of a fake hand.

The small inlet park was pretty, yes. Not his style, but pretty. He did sit down beside her, his face still stoic. "It is well-taken-care-of and arranged nicely. I'd have to say it's pretty, although not my style. I am not one for flowers or fountains." He stayed silent for a moment, then spoke up again. "It definitely seems like a good place to meditate and collect one's thoughts. Is this where you discovered your Zanpakutō's name, bychance? And have you brought anyone else here? Perhaps, someone special to you?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 pm

"To be honest, it's not usually my style either. I prefer waterfalls, not fountains. I like cliffs and tall trees, not small bushes and flowers... However, I mostly enjoy the sound the water makes." Sakura closed her eyes and just listened to the sound of the fountain for a few moments. When he spoke up again, Sakura looked up to him with her head slightly tilted. "You're the only one that comes under the phrase 'special to me', so nuh'uh." Sakura shook her head and looked back to the fountain, "Yeah, it was here." Sakura's expression immediately fell into disappointment. Sadness shined brightly in her eyes as the thought back to that moment and then she suddenly looked angry. She stared at the ground as she clenched her fists and tried to calm down. When she did, she looked back to the water and relaxed again. "Truth be told, I've never had that kind of special someone; doubt I ever will. Weak and useless isn't exactly a good man's type. How about you? You have anyone like that? Ever?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:50 pm

"Then this must be a special place to you." Ryuunosuke patted her shoulder, then watched the water in the fountain. "Even if you do not like your Zanpakutō, or you think it is weak, or you think that you're not worthy or ready for it... The moment you learn its name is something special. It also makes the place you learn it special as well, especially when you're younger. When you get to be around my age, the place's specialness no longer exists."

Sakura's question caused Ryuunosuke's hand to drop from her shoulder. He sat them in his lap. His cold eyes stared into the sky, watching the stars. He wondered how the Soul Society had stars. But that question was for the 12th Divsion. Not this washed-up old man. "I did once. Many, many, many, many years ago. She was... special to me. But that's all I want to say on the subject." Ryuunosuke stood up, looking back to Sakura. "I think I'm going to head back. Are you coming too?"
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Sakura wanted to explain what this place meant, but she thought she'd only disappoint him. Was making him think one thing a lie when she knew about it? Should she correct him? She didn't know. The subject change actually changed him. She watched him closely, closer than she probably would have. There was something new there and she wasn't sure whether she liked it or not. She wanted to press, but wouldn't, not after he stated clearly that he didn't want to talk about it. "Okay." she nodded. Her eyes went back to the fountain. When he stood up, she stared at him for a moment. She ignored his question. "I don't hate my Zanpakutō. He saved me. About three years ago and I ended up here."

"Her name was Anika. She pretended to be my friend and to care about me; her Zanpakutō helped. She tricked me into hurting some young Academy student just because she was jealous of her. She manipulated me into stealing money, equipment, clothing, and other things... When I finally got caught, she abandoned me by saying she had tried to convince me to stop, but I wouldn't listen. When the twelfth proved I was telling the truth and she was lying, I was ordered to bring her in. She fought and I won my first real battle. I came here after that..." Sakura looked around the garden, "I was still punished, but not as much. They thought being forced to kill someone you care about over something so petty was enough punishment..." Sakura stepped up to Ryuunosuke, "So that's my 'big secret'. When you're ready, I'd like to know yours. Maybe then I can finally see you smile? At least, I do hope so..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:31 pm

Ryuunosuke just listened. It was a long story and an important one too. Once she finished, Ryuunosuke nodded once slightly. He was deep in contemplation. "I was married once." His eyes looked distant, and he was not looking her in the eye. He couldn't even look at Sakura. "Her name was Misaya. She had long brown hair that curled near the end. She had eyes like an eagle—golden and fierce. But what made me fall for her was her hands. Her grip was strong, but her hands were soft. Your hands remind me of hers, actually. Although I may carry myself in a dignified way, I was born far from any form of dignity. District Eighty of the South Rukongai, also known as Sokan. That is where I am from. Most people know of Zaraki. Sokan is Zaraki's biggest rival, and there would be turf wars if the two bordered one another."

"A gang I was with captured Misaya. I was young, ignorant, and naïve. They did horrible things to her, but she fought back. And won. Her reiatsu was enough to nearly collapse the building when she released it. I was standing, frozen like a statue. No one else was conscious. She smiled at me, and then ran. But as she did, she grabbed my arm. We fled to Bensei, District 44 of West Rukongai. We married after some time, but then..." Ryuunosuke's expression soured. "I learned her name was not Misaya Tsukabe, as she had told me. Instead... She was the heir to the Shitsumu family. You probably don't know the name, but they were once one of the Great Noble Houses."

"She had lied to me, and I couldn't take it. The men that revealed this truth to me took Misaya away. And I did not fight back. I couldn't believe that she would do that. I was given some gold, and I lived the next three years wondering if I had done the right thing. When I finally heard something on the Shitsumu, it... The entire line had perished in one night. There was a fire in their manor, and it claimed all of the Shitsumu's heirs. Misaya included. The Ishino family succeeded them. I tried to do some investigation into them once I became a Shinigami, but I was found out and ordered to stop. But that's beside the point. I enrolled in the Shino Academy to prevent that mistake from happening again. I should have fought back, but I didn't." Ryuunosuke finally turned back to Sakura. His expression was calm, but still dangerous. It was a dark pool of water that you couldn't tell the depth of. "Sakura, I don't smile not because I'm sad or in mourning. I don't smile because you haven't had a need to. Show me a reason to smile, and you might just get it." Ryuunosuke patted her head again before turning and walking back to her quaint home...
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:47 am

Sakura didn't think he'd be ready to tell his story now, but was glad he was. She had thoughts on it, but did not feel like she had the right to speak them. Misaya should not have lied to him, but Sakura wondered if it was a real love between the two, and not just an admiration or infatuation because of how they met. When you love someone, a lie doesn't destroy your trust in them, especially one like that. There was no betrayal, like cheating. Nor was it a big lie, like being a criminal. It was just where her family was from and she may have been ashamed of them or worse. Sakura didn't know. She did know that Ryuunosuke was hurt by it and she wanted to help. She also knew that she'd never lie to him. If lying was something that could make him leave her, she was not going to do it. In fact...

As her head was pat, Sakura closed her eyes and smiled like a child being praised. "You shouldn't smile because you need to, silly, but because you want to. There is a difference, in my mind at least... Anyways, I need you to promise me something. I'm not always going to be ready to tell you everything. I might tell you a partial story, or not answer fully. I don't want you to think of this stuff as a lie. Especially if it's personal or something that makes me nervous or worried, I might need some time to get up the courage to explain things..." Sakura sighed and glanced off with a slightly worried expression, "There are just some things that hurt too much to think about or to say. I don't want to lie to you and for as long as I can control it, I promise I won't ever lie. I just want you to understand that."

"Like... Those crimes Anika made me commit really hurt people. The Academy student can no longer be a Shinigami. I crippled her and scarred her face." Sakura actually began shaking when she spoke of that, "I see her around sometimes when I go to th Rukon... and the stuff I stole was from noble houses charity funds... You know, the stuff that goes to the Rukongai? It's why I avoid nobles at all costs. I know the Head Captain helped cover it up by making sure people knew about Misaya's charm Zanpakutō, but..." Sakura looked at her own hands, "It was me who did it. I wanted so desperately to have a friend, someone to care about me... I let her lead me on like she was that person and I hurt so many because of it. Even if she charmed me, it was these hands that hurt everyone..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am