Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Red Head Rising [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Red Head Rising [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

Red Head Rising [Closed] Empty Red Head Rising [Closed]

Post by Serenity Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:33 am

Red Head Rising [Closed] Header5_zpsm2whzjyg

The main courtyard of the Sixth Division barracks was usually pretty full, but it wasn't today. The only reason Erina ever stepped foot in this area was because of how many people were usually around. With so many eyes watching, the bullying and humiliation that she was subject to while surrounded by small groups of her squad-mates ceased. She needed to get the information on her weekly duties, otherwise she wouldn't have chanced this. She received her paperwork and was looking through the file when it was suddenly smacked from her hand. She looked up in annoyance at one of the common offenders, Genji Rikudo. He just smiled at her and looked down to the mess on the floor. "Go on, Quincy, pick it up." Erina rolled her eyes and looked over to those accompanying him, Arisa Date and Rin Goguro. They also enjoyed messing with her, but only if they were following Genji's lead.

"Go away, Genji." Erina told him as she leaned down to pick up the file, sliding the papers neatly back inside. "That's no way to treat your peers. Oh, right. You're not really a Shinigami, are you?" Genji reached toward her and she immediately smacked his hand away. "You keep your hands off me." Erina pushed him away and hurried passed the three as they laughed at her reaction. She didn't get far as her hair was tugged and Arisa pulled her back. "Hey, that was rude. Thought Quincy were more polite than that." Erina was pulled back and thrown into Rin, who attempted to hold her still. "Let me go!" Erina yelled, turned to him, and kneed Rin in the groin before running off, "I said keep your filthy hands off me!" With the file hugged close to her body, Erina rushed away from the courtyard. "Stupid bitch." Rin buckled over in pain, trying to catch his breath after having the wind knocked out of him.

"Are you okay?" Arisa asked, chuckling at him. "The bitch kneed my balls. What do you think? After her, damn it!" Rin stood and chased after Erina. Arisa and Genji both followed, but had no problem expressing whether they had the ability to catch someone like Erina in the first place. When they made it to the first crossing, Arisa spotted Erina sitting on the floor with her back against one of the walls. She was rubbing at her ankle. "There she is. Looks like she fell." Arisa said and they all hurried over. Before Erina was aware enough to try and run, she felt her hair being tugged at again. "You think you have the right to strike the manhood and run off?! You're going to pay for that." Rin shouted and tugged harder. "You deserved it!" Erina tried pulling away. Genji joined in by grabbing the back of her shihakusho and pulling her to her feet. "No man deserves that." "I'll tell you the next time I see one."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Red Head Rising [Closed] Empty Re: Red Head Rising [Closed]

Post by Genpaku Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:42 am

Today had started out as a nice day.  Warm, calm, and quiet; exactly the perfect day for a relaxing nap out of the way of prying eyes or stern authority figures.

Who cared that Joshua was supposed to be one of those stern authority figures?

And let us pass over the fact that every day was perfect for napping.

Indeed, as these things are neither relevant nor productive in this matter they shall be left aside.  Much as Joshua's duties had been left aside for the afternoon.  Even with his mind turned to concerning thoughts and worrying feelings, he could not pass up this opportunity.  It would be a crime no?  Truly this burden was a heavy one, but Joshua was just such a man to bear it.

And so do we set the stage for how the day started off so nice, but soured quite quickly.

Joshua had chosen a place no one would think to look for him, because who would actually choose to nap on top of the Divisional Barracks in the middle of the day?  Well, the answer to that question is a Vice Captain with a penchant for not getting caught napping on the job.  He'd taken up a position against one of the walls, placed his hat over his head, and proceeded to doze the afternoon away in the quiet grace the Seireitei held when it wasn't being the center of chaos.  All was right with the world.

Then a coarse laugh broke the tranquility.  Joshua moved his hat off his face, judging he'd been out for maybe an hour or so.  He sat up, yawning and stretching as he peered over the lip of the building for the source of the noise.  Whatever he had expected, he did not find.  He saw a trio of Shinigami harassing another, not bothering to hide their words.  His eyes narrowed slightly, a look of annoyance uncharacteristically marring his features.  A few moments later the chase had begun as Erina sprinted from the courtyard, leaving one of them laying on the ground.  He thought that maybe that'd be the end of-and they were chasing her.

Joshua rose, and it was as though the laughter had all been pressed out of him.  His mouth formed a thin line, his eyes watched the figures grow distant.  Then he was in motion, a mere shimmer as shunpo carried him along the rooftops of the Seireitei as he followed this line of action.  He ran through some memories in his head; he'd heard rumors of some strife with a Shinigami within the Sixth Division because of a difference in fighting style, a difference in weapon, a difference in skill or attitude.  Meaningless drivel.  He'd written off, hoping no one could really be that stupid.  Pity how often the stupidity of others manages to exceed one's expectations.  He arrived ahead of the other three as Erina was rubbing at her ankle, unseen on the rooftop across from our stage.  In short order the other three appeared and things began to devolve again.  It was obvious they were only about to get worse.

But Joshua had seen enough.

“Sai,” Joshua said in a crisp voice and the Bakudō took hold, pulling the arms of the three behind their backs.  Another Shunpo brought Josh squarely into sight of the four, and it was perhaps the first time any of them had seen anything other than a lazy look of indifference on his face.

If anything, Joshua Jehanna looked like his Captain at that moment.  He didn't say anything; he let the silence press down onto the three like gravity and let them dig their own graves.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:09 am

Erina may have been out numbered, but she wasn't weak. She preferred to avoid needless violence and didn't like any sort of confrontation within her Division. However, she was not going to sit back and take it like a bitch. She fought back and tossed a few insults when she felt the need to. The two males seemed to be a little peeved at the man comment and moved in a little closer. "You implying we ain't men!?" Erina went to step back, but the wall prevented any movement coming from her. She felt like things were about to get a lot worse when the three were all forced into submissive positions, looking like they had been arrested. Erina took a step off to the side, but the pressure she put on her ankle caused her to fall. She sat there as what happened registered. "Sai?" she mumbled out loud and then her mind came into more focus. She could sense him behind her and looked back.

"Lieutenant Jehanna...?" she raised an eyebrow. Did he seriously just make an appearance to rescue her from these cretons? Erina saw that Captain-like look in his eyes, but there was something she had to do. She crawled over to Genji, who was grunting in anger as he attempted to fight against a Kidō he would never be able to break. "Yeah! You see that? There is one. Right there, Genji." Erina yelled in his face, pointing at Lieutenant Jehanna, "That is what a real man acts like, you jerk!" Erina moved away again and leaned her back against a wall, going back to massaging her now swollen ankle. "That's just great..." she muttered and then looked back to her Lieutenant. The look on his face was startling. She tried to keep some sort of eye contact, but it was a little difficult. "I'm sorry Lieutenant Jehanna... I didn't mean to cause a ruckus of any sort." Erina looked away from him and glared at Genji.

"L-Lieutenant! Wh-What are you doing? Do you mind letting us go? This is terribly uncomfortable." Arisa said kindly, her tone filled with an innocence it did not deserve. Erina heard that tripe and looked disgusted. "Hey, Lieutenant. Sorry about that! We were just messin' with her, honest!" "I wasn't! She kneed me in the groin for no reason, Lieutenant! She started this shit. It's her fault any of this happened!" Erina glared at them and turned her head away. "Whatever." She then looked hopefully up to Joshua, praying he didn't believe their claims. It was three against one, so it was possible he would.

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:38 am

Joshua held the look for a few moments after the three on the ground pleaded their case, before sighing and letting the look of intense seriousness drop from his features.  He rubbed at his forehead, fingers snaking under his hat as he obviously considered what to do about this whole situation.  The Kidō, however, did not slacken in the slightest despite the protests or struggle.

He'd heard the rumors and dismissed them, but it was obvious that there was much more to them than he'd believed.  In his own Division too.  This was a delicate situation, one that had much potential to make things worse for Erina to in fact face more persecution if handled incorrectly.  By him interfering already, it was possible that he'd made it worse.  Which wasn't to say he regretted his course of action, merely that he had to handle what came next carefully.

“And I have having such a nice nap,” he grumbled, opening his eyes and looking over all four of them.  “And now the lot of you have made the worst kind of work for me.  I'm gonna have to go talk to the Captain now...” he grumbled, removing his hand from his face and let it fall to his side as he let the words sink in.

After a few more moments, he waved his hand as the Kidō broke and the three were released.  However, before they could rise Joshua stuck them with a glare again.

“Actually no, she did not start it.  And I do not appreciate being lied to, Tenth Seat Rikudo Genji.  If you've got the time to go harassing other seated members, maybe the duties you currently enjoy aren't quite up to task for you.  Perhaps I'll talk to the Captain about transferring you to a Division that would pose a better challenge for you skills and environment for your attitude.  I hear the Eleventh Division likes new recruits,” he said with a strangely sharp smile.  “In the meantime, the training grounds seemed a little dirty.  Lot of papers flying around there; go clean it up before the Captain sees it, yeah?  After that, you're taking over the guard shift tonight.  And for the next two weeks.”

Before the other two could feel safe, Joshua turned on them.  “As for you two.  Two weeks of patrols for both of you.  In separate locations.  I'll make the arrangements, you'll leave tonight.”  He turned at last to Erina.  “Meanwhile, you are I are going to have a talk with the Captain.”
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:23 am

Eight eyes widened in fear in that moment. The idea of being reprimanded by the Captain was horrible to most of the Sixth Division. With how the Captain was, Erina didn't know whether she would be in trouble too. She stayed silent as the Lieutenant went on punishing the rest. The punishments were perfect and Erina couldn't help but smirk. "No, not the Eleventh Division! Come on, Lieutenant! Those guys are just addicted to fighting. I wouldn't survive in that place with those brutes!" Genji practically begged, revealing his true cowardly personality, "I'll clean it up, but the guard too!? Messing with Erina isn't that big of a deal! That's not fair!" Genji hurried off as the other two received their punishments as well. Erina was shocked at the gull Genji had to talk back to the Lieutenant like that. After Joshua replied, Genji would run off to complete all of his duties as he had been instructed.

The other two received their punishments without complaint in fear of making things worse for themselves. Once they were able to, they ran off as well, having no problem shooting a glare toward Erina before they left. Erina narrowed her eyes at them and then sighed, hoping it was over. She was standing up when the Lieutenant turned to her and said they were going to talk to the Captain. Erina's eyes widened and she hissed in pain as she accidentally put too much pressure down on her likely sprained ankle. "Shit, shit, shit..." She clenched her jaw and then looked pleadingly back to Joshua, "Do we have to, Lieutenant? I swear I won't knee him again, but he was the one who grabbed onto me! Why am I in trouble?! And why am I getting the worst punishment when you know I didn't start it?"

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:18 am

Joshua shot Genji a glare when he complained, but then the coward tried to leave.  That wouldn't do.
    “I did not dismiss you yet, Rikudo,” Joshua snapped with a surprising crack of authority in his voice.  It was not often one saw Joshua truly take control of a situation.  This effectively silenced the other two and kept them from running as well as Joshua met out their punishments.

Then Erina complained, and in truth he couldn't blame her.  However, he didn't let on about that.  He simply fixed her with the same glare he'd given Genji a few moments before.

“Did I stutter, Third Seat Oimikado?” he asked with a measured pace, his words heavy and unyielding.  It was a good act.  He looked over at the other three.
    “I thought I gave you lot your orders.  Dismissed!” he called, then turned and started off, motioning for Erina to follow.  It would become apparent quite shortly, however, that Joshua was not leading her to the Captain's office.

He was leading her to the last place anyone would look for him; his own office.

He opened the door and left it open for Erina to follow.  He flopped down in his seat, motioning for her to shut the door behind her as he sat in his chair completely the wrong way.  His legs were draped over the arm of the chair, one arm over the top.  He huffed out a breath, shaking his head.

“Sorry bout yelling at you back there.  Had to make it convincing though,” he said with a conspiratorial grin as he reached back and touched the wall.  Though hard to detect, a small barrier popped up around his office; nothing to keep anyone in or out as much as to keep sound from leaking out.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:35 am

Erina would have preferred the others not be there to see her get punished as well. It was embarrassing. Erina jumped when he glared at her. She shut up and nodded. "Yes, Lieutenant. I apologize." Erina lowered her head and stayed silent. Erina kept her head lowered as the other three were dismissed. They all shot their glares, though Genji couldn't help but smirk, knowing that Erina got the shitty end of the deal here. Once the three were gone, Erina followed her Lieutenant. Her stomach was in knots with how nervous she was. When she looked up and realized where they were, she was confused. She ended up following Joshua to his office and the confusion was plastered over her face. She closed the door like he asked and then stood silent. When he apologized, Erina slowly and slightly tilted her head to the side, staring at him with a 'what the fuck is going on' expression until she got it.

Erina's moment of realization appeared on her face quickly and she put her hand over her stomach as she took a deep breath. "Oh." she said quietly, almost forced. She let out her held breath a few moments later and sat down in the free chair. "Okay, Lieutenant. You scared me. That was mean. Oh my that was mean." She relaxed in the chair and closed her eyes, "But thank you. I really thought you were going to turn me into the Captain. I would have taken back my man comment."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:56 am

He couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction and reponse; he could certainly put on a good act when he needed to.  He gave a seated mock-bow and a healthy grin as she spoke.  He couldn't blame her for her reaction either; who wouldn't be worried about being turned into J?

He was worried about having to go talk to him later.

“If I'd let you off easy in front of them, it would have just made things worse.  This way, they'll all be none the wiser; it'll be our little secret,” he said, giving a small wink to her as he sat.  He looked around at his desk a moment; he really had meant to get one of those miniature refrigerator things put in here, as a cold drink sounded nice about now.  But it seemed he had forgotten to get to that.  Mores the pity.

“How long has that been going on?” he asked, and though there was still some levity to his voice a piece of the seriousness had also returned.  He was most certainly not happy about this happening in his Division.  He was not so dumb as to think it didn't happen elsewhere; people were cruel and death didn't really change that.  But under his command idiocy like this he would not tolerate, laying down or otherwise.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 am

Wait, what? Did that really just happen? Did her Lieutenant just wink at her? Was her Lieutenant a fucking flirt?! She blinked rapidly in disbelief, but after relaxed from his explanation. She glanced him up and down, checking him out quickly before leaning back in her chair to think on his explanation. "I guess it would have." she said and smiled lightly, "Well, thank you again and I'll make sure to keep it between us. I'd rather it not get out if it'll just make things worse." Erina had it bad enough. Genji and his lackeys were among the worst offenders, but they weren't the only ones.

"How long? Well... Since my application for the Third Seat promotion..." Erina pushed herself back in the chair and brought her knees up to her chest, setting her chin on them, "Ever since people found out about my Zanpakutō's shikai, they've decided it's their job to humiliate me on a daily basis. I can't count the amount of times I've been called a 'wannabe Quincy'. I can defend myself against one and possibly two of them, but most of the time they have four or five. I was just lucky it was Genji and those morons this time. Honestly, our tenth seat isn't too much of a problem. It's being outnumbered."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:00 am

Joshua raised an eyebrow at her comment.
    “If you're having trouble dealing with multiple assailants, maybe you should go sit in on one of Captain Arishima's exercises in the Tenth Division. He runs an exercise where a bunch of his division members have to try and catch him; suppose to make them ready to fight a stronger opponent as a group. Might be worth watching to see how he deals with it.”

Joshua seemed to consider Erina, and the explanation she gave. This simply would not do. But as for how to fix it he wasn't sure yet. That was something the red-headed vice captain would have to think on for some time before he could start doing something about it. He didn't bother to ask her why she'd never brought it to anyone; the answer was rather obvious. It also explained why he saw her around the Divisional Barracks so infrequently. Her explanation also made it clear that it was not just these three idiots that were going about this.
    “Face of the Gotei my ass...” he grumbled, mostly to himself. He looked up at the ceiling, huffing out another breath.

“For what its worth, sorry this has gone on so long. I'd heard some of the rumors, but assumed people weren't going to be that idiotic around here. Hopefully, they'll see the truth of things before too much longer,” he commented as he looked back over to her.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:20 am

Erina shook her head. "I don't feel comfortable going to another Division for training. I can't even trust the members within my own to not be cruel. The idea of possibly letting others know about what I am is horrifying... Besides that, I don't have trouble with them because they're that many; it's because I try not to hurt them in the process. If I fully fought back, Captain Saionji would probably scold me and I'm not up for having a reputation of hurting my own Division members." Erina wasn't a very violent person, so harming others wasn't at the top of her list. Also, who would chance being scolded by J Saionji? That isn't something anyone within the Sixth enjoyed experiencing.

Erina tilted her head at Joshua. "What do you mean?" she asked and then realized, "Oh... Right. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if they feel like me being in the Division is an insult to what the Squad is supposed to stand for. I doubt the meaning of that is just being a nice person, otherwise I don't think Captain Saionji would be our Cap-..." Erina caught herself before she fully spoke that and looked to Joshua with wide eyes, "That was a stupid slip. Please say nothing about it... I was just trying to explain that just being a nice person doesn't seem like the "Face of the Gotei" mission... It's probably about emulating the ideal Shinigami and the Quincy-likeness I have does not." The Lieutenants apology didn't feel needed, but she nodded in acceptance anyway. "It's okay... It's not like it's your fault. I doubt any of them will straighten up. I don't know how to make them. I tried the nice approach and the mean approach... After a while, I just started avoiding the members of our Division. I thought of transferring too, but I doubt any other Division would take me any differently than here."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:04 am

Joshua waved a hand as Erina misinterpreted his meaning about checking out the Tenth Division's exercises.
    “Didn't mean to go jump in on the exercise. I mean...how do I put it...” he grumbled, looking for the right words.
    “The Tenth Division's captain runs an exercise with the members of his Division wherein the goal is to contain his movements, with the goal being to get the division to work together against an opponent stronger than any individual member present. While that's all good and well, and is a valuable exercise, I mean you should go watch Captain Arishima. See how he moves about and deals with multiple opponents coming at him. May give you an idea on how to deal with others; besides, learning how to fight multiple opponents is an important lesson. Hollow's don't always attack alone.”

As Erina continued to speak, Joshua chuckled at her slip of the tongue. He gave a motion that conveyed he'd not say a thing to the Captain, and let her keep speaking.
    “While you're likely right that they won't shape up any, that's exactly what I meant by my grumble. A group that is supposed to be acting as the 'Face of the Gotei' should not be as closed minded. Every single Shinigami is different; they hail from different places, have different capabilities, and approach problems in different manners. If you want to say the Sixth is supposed to be the example of what a Shinigami is supposed to be, then they should be accepting these different capabilities for what they are and save the fighting for the monsters we're actually supposed to be dealing with. Then again, that's all together too much to suspect.”

He shifted slightly in his chair, getting himself comfortable once more.
    “Not all divisions are equal,” he said. “Who is to say how any other division would act in response to you. All the same, I get it. They'll come around eventually. Or they won't. Some skulls are too thick for common sense to penetrate. I don't think Genji Rikudo has yet figured out that I've cheated him out of every hand of cards he's sat down to a table with me at.” he said with a brazen smile.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:37 am

"Maybe that's not a bad idea then. I might do that." Erina thought about what it would be like to watch a Captain fight. She hadn't been able to in all of her years in the Gotei 13. She actually didn't remember seeing a Lieutenant really fight either, so when the thought crossed her mind, she looked curiously at Joshua and then decided to ask him another time. His explanation on the "Face of the Gotei" was spot on. She understood where he was coming from better and nodded along in agreement. "I guess that's where we learn from our superiors." Erina replied kindly, "I don't see anyone growing as a person on their own, especially not any of the three of them. They'll need some sort of guidance... I wonder if defeating them in battle would help me win their respect... Even if it's just a little."

Joshua continued on and mentioned Genji again. Erina's jaw dropped. She put a hand over her mouth as she laughed at what Joshua said. "Well, make sure I never play a hand of cards with you. I'd rather not be cheated out of my money." Erina winked playfully at him and her smile faded, "Oh, right... I was going to ask you something. Actually, I want to ask you a few things. When was the last time you fought or been on a hard mission? Do you ever train your subordinates? And why the living hell is it so hard to find you? I've searched for you before, but you're never anywhere until you're there randomly."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:05 am

Erina presented him with a few questions of her own, and he thought about it for a few moments, letting the office settle into a comfortable silence.
    “Last hard mission I was one was probably the mission to rescue a fellow Shinigami who had been abducted. I say difficult, but the enemy I ran into wasn't all the tough a fight. Probably would have been if he'd not been blackjacked over the head, but still. Last time I was in a fight though? Well, that depends on what kind of fight you're talking about. I got in a fight this morning with a woman who sells bread. I got into a drunken argument a few weeks back with a fellow Shinigami. I had a duel with a pretty girl not too long ago,” he said, ticking off the 'fights' as he listed them.

“Flirt,” came a quiet voice, more serious than it needed to be. Though Joshua was the only one to hear it. Just before Erina could complain about his list though, he spoke up again.

“Several weeks before the last mission, I was on patrol when I ran into a strange event. A pair of Hollows were hunting down a woman, and I managed to intercept them. They were strange, they worked together, and they were above your average breed.” Joshua's demeanor had hardened slightly again, and the silence was not quite so comfortable this time. But before it could get too heavy, that smile broke across his face.
    “Occasionally I train with the division members, though its rare anyone asks me for such a thing. I imagine it has something to do with the fact that I am so hard to find, or with my reputation for being lazier than a hibernating bear. Could also have something to do with the rumors that I don't really have the strength for my position, and so people assume there is no value in training with me.

I have tutored a few people on swordsmanship from time to time though. Best I can anyway; the style of sword fighting that gets used around here is a bit different from what I'm best with, but I make do,”
    he said.
    “As to your last question. It would be hard to find me because I have had decades of practice learning where best to nap so as not to be found by people far more skilled than I.” He smile never wavering, he held out a hand to Erina.
    “Quid Pro Quo, how 'bout you. Do you go around training by yourself, or have you managed to convince a few open minded folk that you're not what a bundle of rumors make you out to be? When was the last time you were in a real fight, a fight for your life or the lives of others? And...hmm...” Joshua trailed off, thinking on a final question. She'd offered him three, so it was only right to return as many.
    “Would you go out to get a drink with me some night?”
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:32 am

Joshua's answers were pretty much how she expected them. She stayed silent and took note of them as he went on. She had little to nothing to say about most of his answer until he came to a certain point. Erina raised an eyebrow. "Those rumors about your power are stupid and likely made by jealous individuals who know better..." Erina shrugged and crossed her arms, "I highly doubt the our Captain Commander and Captain Saionji would have allowed you into a position that you're not suited for. To doubt your skill is to doubt the decisions of our superiors... So I have no doubt in your ability at all."

Her attention came back to Joshua when he continued with her questions. Something he said brought on a certain thought process, but she suppressed it as he continued on with the final question. His answer was beyond entertaining. Erina blinked a couple times, her face frozen in an open mouthed half-smile as he explained. "Napping?" she repeated for confirmation and then giggled like crazy, "You're serious? You avoid everyone to nap? I almost can't believe that. I thought you'd be off training, partying, or just avoiding Captain Saionji, but you're just napping? That's... odd. Funny, but odd."

So it was her turn to be asked questions. "It's difficult to find someone to train me. I can find someone to spar with because they think they can destroy the Quincy, but my shikai makes it extremely difficult otherwise. When I asked for archery sets and a place to practice, the amount of shocked and disgusted looks I got was startling." Erina looked away and rolled her eyes, "Everything I've done to get better has been on my own." Erina was proud of her accomplishment, but obviously frustrated as well. Her journey has been difficult and there isn't really anyone she could ask to make it easier on herself.

"A real fight..." she repeated as she thought back, "It's been almost too long. I could use a bit more experience in that area. Lately, I've only dealt with minor hollow. I did run into a single Menos Grande, but..." Erina pointed to her Zanpakutō, "The range gives me quite the advantage." His final question came by surprise. When he originally asked it, her mind ran over it and went to answer the others. When she finally came to it, she tilted her head and stared at him. "Did you just ask me out?" What a flirt... She thought for a moment and just nodded. She needed someone to talk to for once.

"Um... Yeah. You know what? Why not. It could be fun and I'd like a bit more... social activity."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:34 am

Joshua chuckled at her response to his napping.
    “Oh, I do those things too,” he commented, waving off the list as a whole. He could understand and appreciate the tone of pride she had in her comment about everything she had being attained on her own do to the prejudices floating around the Division. This was a larger issue than he had guessed, and right under his nose too. He'd work on it later.

Her comment on only fighting minor Hollows lately also sparked a thought in Joshua's head, a dark thought and concern that he put back on the shelf it'd be knocked down from. He gave a nod to her comment about the advantage against the Menos; made sense. That was how most people preferred to deal with them on the rare occasion they showed up, from what he'd heard. Joshua had never actually seen one of those appear.

He smiled when she responded to his last question. To her question, he gave a shrug. It wasn't entirely a gesture of shrugging off her question, as much as one that asked “So what if I did?” She agreed, and he gave a nod.

“By the way if its training dummies and the like you're looking for to practice with, I'm sure something could get whipped up. Alternatively, if you're looking for more actual combat experience I know a trick or two that could help with that. Granted, actual combat experience comes with danger but that's half the fun isn't it? Getting a chance to find out how good you are, and whose side luck falls on in the day,” he said by way of explanation as he shifted again, actually sitting in the chair almost like a normal person. He was still leaning slightly, but he'd actually sat up as he fished into his desk for something.

After a moment he retracted his hand; whatever he'd been looking for her seemed to have found but hadn't seemed to deem it necessary to draw it out of the desk.

“I could also set up Genji like a scarecrow and let you take pot-shots at him. It won't help your standing in the division much, but it would be a laugh and they say laughter's good for the soul.”
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:51 pm

That was surprising. All she received in return was a nod? It wasn't every day you got asked out by your Lieutenant, but maybe it wasn't a big deal for him? With the way he was so far, he was probably just being nice, or got caught up in his flirting. Erina brushed it off and the conversation continued on. "I see combat a bit differently than you, I think..." she spoke softly, "Honestly, I don't know what I'm looking for. I feel like experience is important, but I'd rather avoid fighting all together. I don't like violence, or conflict at all. I don't know if I'm weaker or stronger for thinking that way, but it's how I feel. If you don't have to fight, don't go looking for it. If you happen across it, fine. If you see a hollow or an Arrancar, do what you need to do, but don't search for the danger. Don't search for a fight... Of course, I have a feeling I'm talking about combat out on the job, while you're talking a sparring match. I don't know... I guess the truth is that I am afraid of fighting, so my rambling was just an excuse."

"I consider my standing in the Division as just being Third Seat. I don't need anything more or less. If we can put the bastard up there for me to have a little target practice, I'll happily tell him I didn't mean to hit the leg... or the arm." Erina chuckled a bit, "No, I wouldn't do that. He'll avoid me for a while now that you know about everything. The rest will as well. I have no doubt the news is being spread through the squad as we speak. I just hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble. I doubt it, since you're the hide and seek master in our Division, but it's possible." Erina raised an eyebrow at him, "So about our date... When and where exactly? You don't ask a girl out and then change the subject like that... Unless of course you didn't mean it." Erina's face dulled and she stared at him.
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:45 am

Joshua gave a small chuckle at the idea of Genji causing him any real trouble. Then again, even the weakest of men could kill kings if the dice landed just so. That said, he also doubted there'd be any trouble because there was no reason for their to be. Far as Genji was concerned, everyone present had gotten the shit end of the stick.
    “Fear of conflict is a good thing, a healthy thing. Not all of us are healthy where that's concerned though; just one of the differences that makes the world interesting.”

Joshua chuckled again when she turned to the idea of having Genji as a target. It was all in jest...mostly. He appreciated that she wasn't interested in actually coming to blows with her division members if she could help it. Just as quickly though she turned the conversation back to his proposed date. He gave her a sigh, though there was laughter in it.
    “Come now; these conversations have a flow to them, a rhythm. I changed the subject because I was interested in how you wanted to do some of your training. Let's say, for example, you wanted to trying one of the training methods I mentioned that was actually doable; we could arrange to go and get the drinks after the training.”

“Let's say instead we just let the conversation wander on its course; perhaps as the time wound on I decided I was thirsty now, and offered to take you out here and now as a spur of the moment thing. Or maybe I invite you to see the world as I do, from hidden places and quiet spaces with a bite to eat and pleasant conversation. I had not forgotten that you'd accepted, merely set the time and place aside as I waited to see how our conversation unfolded,”
    he said, though his tone was so light that it seemed he wasn't chastising her at all. Because he wasn't; not really, anyway.

“But, alas. Let us see...no, not today I don't think. Though perhaps tonight...hmm.” He trailed off, and an actual look of concentration passed his face. When was he next getting set out on patrol? He looked down at his desk, pulling open another drawer and rifling through the papers inside.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:32 pm

"A flow to them?" Erina raised an eyebrow. What was he getting at? While he explained, she kept a half-smile on her face. He was an interesting man, to say the least. "Hidden places and quiet spaces..." Erina mentally repeated, "Someone has a way with his words." One thing Erina could tell about her Lieutenant is that he was pretty smooth. He was a good looking guy that knew his way around a conversation and was easily able to keep her interested. He began looking through his desk and she kept staring at him. After a moment of silence, she sat up and leaned over his desk, placing her chin in her hand. "For someone who spends most of his time hidden from everyone, you know you way around a conversation." she said with a kind smile, "So do you ask all the girls out or am I some how special? I don't think you do, but it feels a little egotistical of me to think I got that privilege after a single conversation, you know? I mean... I am glad to be asked, especially by you. It's flattering, but... why?"

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Joshua gave her a smile when she complimented him. Then she transitioned to a question of her own. He listened, and seemed to think about it for a few moments.
    “Maybe it hasn't gotten around much, but I am a helpless flirt. I ask out pretty girls all the time; its just rare that someone actually takes me up on it,” he said, looking at her. Before she could get dejected he continued.
    “Which is not to say you are not special. You seem like a kind person who has had unfortunate circumstances land in her lap. You seem like you could use a chance to be out and interact with people. On top of that, in light of what I've seen today I realized something. Almost all of what I know of you comes from heresay; secondhand knowledge. And given the unkind picture I have gotten of that thus far, I thought it better to get to know you first hand.”

He found what he was looking for with his free hand, drawing a paper out.
    “On top of that you're pretty and charming and kind; you seem like someone who'd be fun to know,” he commented as his eyes scanned the sheet.
    “I'm supposed to go out on patrol for a week or so in two weeks. So sometime before then, assuming you are still interested?” he said, turning to look at her and making it a question.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:04 am

Hmph. Well wasn't that a blow to the ego, as if Erina had one in the first place. She had given him the benefit of the doubt and he proved her wrong. She shrugged it off. "I don't exactly listen to the rumors and since you vanish so often, I usually assume that most of them are fake. Going around and asking out girls that often just to be turned down..." Erina raised her eyebrow in disbelief, "That just doesn't sound right when it comes to a Lieutenant... Not only are you pretty good looking, but you're skilled, and powerful... Either you're worse at flirting normally than you have been here, or the girls you ask out have a few problems." Erina raised a playfully suspicious eyebrow at him and then chuckled.

"Thank you. I'd enjoy getting to know you as well; I want someone in my own Division to like me." Erina sighed and then straightened up. She nodded to his final question and smiled, "Yes, I'm interested. I feel I must ask whether this is going to be the romantic type date or the friendship type though? In other words, should I take the time to get myself all dressed up or is a more casual thing preferred? I'd rather not do the normal girly thing and freak out over something that's not intended."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:19 pm

“You are making the assumption that everyone knows who I am. Since I make it a habit of being out and about usually, I am not the most recognized Vice Captain. And I don't go out of my way to remind girl's I'm flirting with that I am; I've no interest in using my position to influence people to go get a drink with me. Feels...distasteful,” he commented to her first response.

She pressed on and Joshua looked her over for a few moments, seeming to consider. For those few moments his attention was entirely on her, not scattered as it usually was. Then he broke out into a grin.

“For now, let's call it something leaning towards the casual side. Though, since you're looking to put more of a precise time and place on it I suppose calling it halfway between would be more appropriate. Instead of a random place, I'll think up one of the better places to go to.” He thought for another few moments, gaze tilting to the ceiling as he juggled the schedules in his head.
    “How about sometime in the next week?”
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:11 pm

"So you're a nice guy. Okay then. I did kind of expect that." Erina nodded and casually shrugged it off, "I meant no offense by it and I didn't mean to imply you'd do such a thing. However, I'm sure many people recognize you, even if it's just by being the Lieutenant with the red hair." Erina's smile widened when he put it halfway in between. "I'm curious on what you'll think up." Erina giggled when he offered a time. "You're not very precise at all, are you? I'm free almost every day, so yes. Some time next week will be good." Erina twisted back and forth in her chair with an eager smile.

"It's kind of exciting for me. I haven't had plans with anyone for so long, let alone a man. I am probably going to end up overthinking everything and making a fool out of myself. Just talking about it makes me nervous. Mmmm..." Erina whined and placed both hands on her blushing cheeks. Her mind was going a mile a minute. "I already feel like a fool, blushing like this." Erina covered her whole face with her hands, speaking through them. "Hehehe. I can't wait!" Erina stood up and put her hands behind her back, ready to leave him be. "Thank you, Lieutenant. Did you need me for anything else?"

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 pm

Joshua's smile remained in place at Erina's giddiness.  She blushed, rambled a little bit, then stood and asked if there was anything else he needed.  He seemed to consider her question and her for a few moments.
    “I think we're all good.  I will double check a few things on my schedule and get back to you on a proper day.” he said, standing and walking her to the door.  He opened it for her and bid her farewell as she made her way out.  Joshua closed his office door behind her, chuckling lightly to himself.  He'd stepped in to break up idiocy and gotten himself a date instead.  Well worth the effort and an interrupted nap.

He turned his mind back to the subject that started all of this.  He was still unhappy about this going on in his Division, because make no mistake; no matter how lazy Joshua appeared to be, he took running his Division at least as serious as he took anything.  He walked his way back to his desk, thinking seriously.  What exactly was the best course of action here?  He needed to take this to his Captain at one point for sure, but going to him with no course of action to suggestion did not feel right.  The problem was that directly calling out a problem like this generally just made things worse.  What needed to happen was the Division needed to be given a reason why they should embrace this difference rather than shun it.

Joshua took a seat, placing his sword on his desk as he thought.  Today had certainly turned out more interesting than he'd been planning.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:13 am