Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Blood and Sweat [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Blood and Sweat [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Blood and Sweat [Closed] Empty Blood and Sweat [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:09 am

Sweat trickled across Tsubine's wicked smile as he stared his opponent down. The dust had settled from the last pass, and yet neither of them seemed to be hurt yet again. Each had small cuts on their arms and legs, but neither of them had a cut on their torso or head. It was a masterful dance of steel and flesh, of wood and blood, and of two very strong wills. Neither of them had the ability to fight off the other completely. Tsubine had restricted himself to using only Zanjutsu, something that actually limited him.

In the nearly five hours that the spar between him and J Saionji had been going on, the crowd around them had grown from a single pigeon to a smattering of Captains, Lieutenants, and the nameless masses of division members. From the 2nd Division's Captain Kazuo Saionji to the Sixth Division's Maaya Ishino to the Eleventh Division's Setsuna Isshiki—there was a crowd of very diverse people. Although he could have easily seen her, Tsubine didn't even know his new wife was in the crowd. He could hear her voice, but he only listened to himself and J. That was how in-tune Tsubine was with this battle. He had not had this much of a challenge—let alone fun—in years.

Tsubine lept forward in another attempt to strike J's chest or head. J responded in kind, and the two Zanpakutō nearly reached their target when a bell rang. It wasn't a large bell like a clocktower, but more like an alarm clock. The blades, mere inches away from their target, lowered. Tsubine smiled and extended a hand towards J. "Five hours and neither of us could land a strike on the other's chest... In all of my years, no one has been able to keep me on my toes as much as you have. I am truly impressed and honored to have sparred with such a fine swordsman."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Blood and Sweat [Closed] Empty Re: Blood and Sweat [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:41 am

Blood and Sweat [Closed] Header%201_zpsjtjopxmy

Being asked to spar with a former Captain Commander was not something J would have ever turned down. It did not matter what he was doing at the time, J stopped and went on with Tsubine von Zarkonheinz on this day. Five quick hours of steel clashing against steel went by. Dirt and sweat covered their bodies. Small bits of blood trickled from tiny cuts each had been able to lay on the other. J was determined to give this his all and he had. He was exhausted at this point. The mere concentration was enough to wipe him out. Tsubine was highly skilled and J could not let down his guard for the slightest moment or he'd risk failure. In that concentration and that intense focus, the two shared a final attempt and neither could land the needed blow to call themselves the victor.

The bell rung and their battle ended. J lowered his sword and sheathed it as Tsubine did. It was over, but damn was that sparing session exhilarating. As he let go of the hilt, J felt many beads of swear falling down his face. His hair was soaked from the workout. Worth. He stepped to Tsubine and took his hand. "It was an honor to spar with you as well. I may have kept up, but it took a lot of focus to do so. I've learned a lot from this, thank you for this opportunity." J shook Tsubine's hand, catching his breath, and then let go of Tsubine's hand as a he heard the claps begin. He looked around with an eyebrow raised and then looked to Tsubine. "I did not realize we had an audience." J said. He noticed Maaya had been watching and felt a prouder at his success. He'd not want to lose in front of her.

"I would like to treat you to a drink or something that could help both of us recover from such a spar. I do not know what you would prefer, but before we do go, I wish to greet Maaya." J motioned over to Kaminari after that, "You might want to say hello to your wife as well. She and quite a few of your friends, even former Captain Antonovich are here. So please excuse me." J bowed respectfully to Tsubine and then walked off toward Maaya, Kazuo, Kaii, Erina, and Joshua. Erina must have brought him along, likely against his will. He nodded to most, but looked to Maaya and Kazuo to actually converse with. "That was more of a work out than I expected. Did you enjoy watching the spar?" J asked Maaya and then looked to Kazuo, "What are you doing here? Aren't you busy today?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:24 am

Tsubine was glad to have had a fight like that. "If I had been your instructor, I would have said that there was nothing more I could teach you." Tsubine also soon realized just how big of an audience they had. Tsubine was glad to have had a fight like that. "I thought I heard a few more birds than usual." Tsubine was proud to see how many people had turned out to watch the fight. It was an amazing scene, and many people would have learned something from it. "I would be honored to accept that." Tsubine waved to Kaminari once she was pointed out. "I'll meet you at the entrance to the training grounds then."

Maaya smiled and pulled out a towel from a small baggie she carried with her. She dabbed the sweat off of his face before handing the towel over to him. "Of course I did. It was quite impressive. No one else could have kept up with a former Captain-Commander like you did, J." Maaya spoke without the reservation she once held. It was more casual, but there was still the underlying respect and humility which Maaya held close. "Pretty much everything was cancelled once people started talking about your spar. If it were me and Kaminari sparring, you'd cancel everything and watch." Kazuo patted his brother's back in a congratulatory manner. "Maaya was right though. That was damn impressive."

Tsubine immediately walked over to Kaminari. He leaned over her belly and kissed her. "Well, I can't say I'm surprised to see you here. You know, your husband getting all drenched in sweat and having fun?" Tsubine winked, then tossled her hair slightly. He turned and nodded to Lilith and Midori as a way of greeting them. "Lilith. Midori. Apologies for the displays of affection I give my wife." Tsubine always said 'wife' in reference to Kaminari with a high amount of pride in his voice. He was very proud to have this woman as his woman.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:43 am

J closed his eyes as Maaya pat the sweat from his face. When she handed him the towel, he opened them, leaned in, and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "Thank you, Maaya." There was a certain cheer in J's voice. It wasn't obvious, but people who knew him well could tell he was happy. When Kazuo hit his back, Kazuo's hand was met with a lot of sweat. J just raised an eyebrow, waiting for Kazuo's reaction. Apparently Kazuo thought it okay to wipe his hand on the towel Maaya had given him. Oh well. J was in one hell of a good mood right now and there was very little that could change that. "Thank you, Kazuo. I would have, you're right. I am merely surprised the same sentiment was done here and curious about how the word got out..." J shrugged casually, speaking a lot lighter than he normally did and looked to Maaya, "The Former Captain-Commander and I will be heading out for an after battle drink. I might be a little late, I do not know. Don't wait up for me, okay?" He gave her a kiss on the forehead and nodded to his brother before walking off to wait by the gate for Tsubine.

"Nyah!" Kaminari held her arms out to him as he kissed her and pulled him in like an excited child. She immediately regretted it when she realized how sweaty he was. "Ew, ew, ew... That was smart of me. Don't care!" She leaned into him again and held on while he spoke to the other two. Before they got the chance to reply, she gasped and looked up to him. She flicked his nose. "Don't you apologize for that!" "Yeah, don't." "There is nothing wrong with it. The baby will be coming soon and all of the affection will be turned away from me to this little one..." Kaminari pat her belly and smiled up at him, "I need to get as much as I can now before that happens." "Anyways!" Lilith spoke up, "Nice job out there. You guys both held back and went at full strength; it was an impressive display." "It was quite enjoyable to watch. Very exciting. I'm surprised half the Gotei didn't show up." "They kind of did..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:15 am

Maaya almost retracted away from the kiss. He might be her partner—she'd never use the term 'boyfriend' to describe J—but he was a little too sweaty. On the other hand, it was J. For him to show public affection like that showed their bond like nothing else so far. So she leaned in, but quickly pulled away once he was done. Kazuo shrugged in reply to J's remark about the word. Even he didn't know that. "I won't, but do wake me when you return. I would like to know you made it home safely."

Tsubine wrinkled his nose at the flick. It wasn't his fault. He knew of people that didn't like it. And with those two being single, it probably made it a lot worse. "I'm not surprised that once the word got out, people decided to show. The amount though was a little surprising. I didn't even notice most of the people here until it was over. Anyways, I'm going to have a night out with my opponent. I'll be home sometime later, but I haven't a clue when. Don't wait up on me and you two," Tsubine nodded towards Midori and Lilith, "make sure she gets home without incident." Tsubine gave Kaminari another kiss on her lips before walking over to the gate. "So, is there anywhere you have in mind for a location? I don't get out much, and the places I do know are a little too romantic for us two to go to. We should probably set a meeting time as well... I'm sure neither of us want to continue wearing these sweat-drenched clothes for much longer."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:48 am

J did not understand the pull away. She held it back, but he could tell her reluctance at first. It took him a second to realize the sweat wasn't attractive to her. Noted. He went over to wait for Tsubine and once the man came over, Tsubine pointed out something that J should have realized. He hadn't really cared, but it was probably best for them to go clean up first. J nodded, "There is a bar and grill near the Eastern Gate called Jackal's Pub. I haven't been there before, but I've heard many of the men in my Division talking about it. Apparently it's very popular. How about we meet there an hour from now?"

Once J got his confirmation, he bowed and then shunpo'd away. He hurried home and made sure to clean himself up. He washed the hell out of his hair and returned to his normal uniform, throwing off the Captain's cloak though. He left the manor at the forty minute mark and hurried on to the location the two agreed on. J's hair was still a little wet, but dried by the time he arrived. When he did, he realized he was alone and early, which is what he planned. He sat outside, arms crossed, and leaned against a wall. He ignored the onlookers that were able to recognize him and waited for Tsubine there.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:24 am

Tsubine thought for a moment. "Can't say I have heard of it." He nodded and smirked. "It sounds fine. One hour from now." And so Tsubine took one of the longest showers of his life. He enjoyed the water washing away the sweat. He would have stayed in longer, but this meeting was more important to him. Tsubine left around the same time as J did. He arrived at the one-hour mark. Theoretically, he should have arrived sooner than J. But no, J would soon learn that Tsubine had a horrendous sense of direction.

Tsubine was wearing something what most people would call 'western.' It was a long ash-colored coat. A crimson-backdropped floral pattern adorned its sides, giving it an elegant look. It would look gaudy on most, but Tsubine pulled it off. He waved to J as he approached. "Surprised you weren't inside already. Let's go in." Tsubine pushed aside the curtain that marked the entrance to the bar. "Well, it's a little more packed than I would have liked..." Tsubine noted as he saw how many people were in here. More importantly, he noticed that all eyes were on them. "...quite a bit more packed," he corrected.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:39 am

J sensed Tsubine approaching and turned to greet him. He nodded back to Tsubine's wave and stood straight. "I thought waiting would be more polite." J said and followed Tsubine in. There were immediately a lot of eyes on them. The moment they entered, the majority of people were starstruck. "I knew it would be popular, but I did not think there would be this many. The women here..." J took a second look around and realized a lot of the women were half naked as they served what was mostly men. "This establishment is odd." J stated bluntly. He felt a shiver and quickly became uneasy.

"Former Captain Commander Tsubine von Zarkonheinz... I believe this place is popular for all the w-..." J was cut off by a feminine voice. His body completely tensed and his eyes widened when he realized there was a strange woman clinging to his arm. "Well hey there, cutie pie... Haven't seen you here before." Within a moment of this, he felt two hands on his back and saw another woman behind him. Around the same time, Tsubine would also get the same treatment, but with a rather different greeting. "I take it you're wanting a break from the lady back home? We'll treat you right here, darlin'"

"We have places like this in the Seireitei!?" J looked to Tsubine in complete shock, an emotion that many would pay to see him express. The girls began getting closer, causing J to try and get away, but they had the grips of women hired for this job. In other words, these were rich and handsome men who they did not want to let get away. J's first failed attempts to pry himself away from them caused him to mentally freak out. He couldn't be caught here. What would his Division say? What would the Head Captain say? What would Kazuo say? And most importantly, what would his beloved Maaya think of him if she ever found out he came here!? He couldn't have it! "What do we do!?" he said, panicked.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:36 am

It didn't take too long for Tsubine to get an idea of what kind of place this was after 'the lady back home' was mentioned. Strike one. His smile immediately vanished. Any hints of enjoyment he previously had from earlier were gone. As he turned to leave, he was immediately turned back around. Strike two. His eye twitched as J began to freak out. If word got back to Kaminari, he could explain this to her with three simple words: I got lost.

J, on the other hand, didn't have Tsubine's excuse. He could blame Tsubine, but Tsubine felt he probably wouldn't. "Just calm down." Tsubine didn't get the thrill of seeing J so worked up like other people would. He didn't care about seeing J out of his element. That wasn't as entertaining to Tsubine as seeing him in his element. "Let's just leave and find somewhere more appropriate." Tsubine tried to leave again, but was quite forcibly turned around. With another eye twitch, they struck strike three.

"J." Tsubine's voice was oddly level. His eyes looked distant as he made sure not to look any of the patrons or workers in the eyes. "Do you happen to know what the record for the most people one person has killed in the Rukongai is? Because if these... women," Tsubine spat out the word as if he were disgusted to call the workers here women, "don't let us go, I may just end up breaking it." One of the women layed her hand upon Tsubine's jacket. "Oh, you don't mean that." The look he gave her was enough. Her hand left his jacket like it had suddenly blazed to a thousand degrees. A few of the patrons began to look uncomfortable, and J could tell Tsubine was releasing his reiatsu in intimidation. "I mean it. And you don't want to test it."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:26 am

Tsubine was the opposite of J in this situation. J felt awkward because of the women's behavior. He did not entirely understand their motives or what this place was. He just knew it wasn't some place he wanted to be and that the men in his Division liked it for reasons that were less than appropriate. He was also on edge about being around Tsubine as well, so that did not help his ability to keep calm. Tsubine on the other hand got angry and threatened the girls. J wasn't one to get angry that easily either. These women had not hurt him, nor had they dishonored him in some way. However, their words to Tsubine made J understand why he reacted as harshly as he did. In fact, realizing this helped him calm down and regain his composure. When Tsubine spoke directly to J, his demeanor went back to normal. "I do not have that information memorized. Why do you ask?" J questioned curiously.

J was surprised at Tsubine's willingness to threaten these girls. Most people would worry about the consequences of doing that, but his wife was the Captain Commander, so the likelihood of Tsubine being punished was low. Seeing the women take him seriously allowed J to feel comfortable with copying Tsubine's methods. "These women are a little too insistent and their implications have been offensive and very inappropriate." J looked to the women holding onto him, "It would be ashamed if a work related injury kept them from continuing their oh so successful careers." All of the women seemed to take the hint. Once they left, J took a deep breath and then turned to Tsubine. "I followed your lead. That was an uncomfortable situation. Let's try and find another place. I need a drink."

J stepped out of the pub and sort of shuddered. He felt like he needed a shower again. "I'm not sure of any other place we could find. I don't ever go out either. I know there are places around here, but nothing specific. Would you like to walk around and see if we can find something with a better reputation than this house of waste?" J waited for Tsubine's answer and would go along with his choice. However, wherever they walked, J would be silent for a while, obviously thinking about something. If Tsubine asked, he'd speak up. If Tsubine did not, J would speak up after about five minutes of silent walking anyway. "Seeing that you and the Captain Commander have gotten to where you are... Do you mind if I ask you about something? I'd talk to my brother about it, but he's less experienced than I am in the matters of women." When and if he's given permission to ask, "How can you tell when a woman loves you... that way? And how can you tell whether you feel the same way about them?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Tsubine was not entirely surprised to see J 'man up' as Tsubine would put it. J was a grown man, and he was a Captain. It was expected of him. What surprised Tsubine was that J, too, threatened the women. Although it wasn't as direct as Tsubine's own threat, it was enough to cause all of the women to back away. Tsubine forcefully removed one of the women's hands from him, then wiped his own hand with the curtain leading out. Tsubine made a disgusted sound as he glanced back at the den of teases. "That sounds like a smart idea. I probably need to cool off anyways."

Tsubine let J lead the way. He was conscious of his bad sense of direction, but he didn't know of any way to fix it. He was too concentrated on not getting lost to ask J about why he was silent. That and Tsubine was not opposed to silence at this moment. "Hmm? Sure, go ahead." Tsubine thought it might be a question about what a woman likes or something. He had seen and heard about J and Maaya from Kaminari and from eavesdropping. What he didn't expect was J's questions. "I honestly didn't expect that kind of question." Tsubine chuckled slightly before turning more serious.

"Usually, the women will let you know when they feel that about you. She might drop subtle hints about a ring, may want you to meet her parents more often, might look into moving in with you... Although, I think the last two don't really apply to you. But she'll let you know one way or another. And if you don't know and can't figure it out, ask her. Just don't make it seem like you're revolted by the idea. It'll save your cheek from stinging." Tsubine nodded to himself, then continued. "Well, at least that's what I've read anyways. Can't say Kaminari and I are exactly the ideal couple, especially on how we ended up like this..." Tsubine gave J a very serious look. "Word of advice, if you don't know you're going to marry someone, wear a condom when you have sex. Not saying that I regret marrying Kaminari, but we both would have liked to experience the dating scene a little more."

"Anyways, your other question, I actually can put my own personal experience into this. There comes a morning when you wake up beside her and realize that's what you want for the rest of your life. You want to feel those little, subtle shifts in her movements as she stirs awake to smile at you and tell you 'good morning.' Or you're going to wake up alone in the middle of the night, wanting someone to be there. You're going to reach over and realize that the person you love isn't there. And it will annoy you. Or you're going to realize that however much they make you mad, you just can't stay mad. That they can annoy you, but you want to work through whatever problems they cause. Or you're going to be like me and have all three happen to you."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:00 pm

"So that is how it was for you and the Captain Commander... I cannot say I am surprised. There were some instances of my own Division thinking you moved quickly, but I don't think the entire Seireitei knows about the pregnancy. It's honorable, marrying for the sake of your child. Anyone who looks at either of you can tell that you love each other. The first time I noticed that difference in Kami-... Excuse me, the Captain Commander, I was surprised. Even I could see it? I am a novice in the aspect of social encounters and worse at reading people in matters of the heart. I often have to ask Kazuo, but not that time. I could just tell." J explained his thoughts with a tone of admiration, "I do wonder if Maaya and I will have something like that one day. I care deeply for her and I think I love her, but I do not know how to tell. I've never experienced a relationship before now, so I'm still learning."

"And wear a condom..." J actually chuckled a bit at this, "I do not mean to pry, but that implies you did not with Kaminari and raises another question for the sake of my own romantic ignorance... When do you choose to go about that action? Does it just happen or do you have a set plan? Also... I do apologize if these questions are too personal. I can stop. I will not as my brother about them. That is something I'd rather know some of the answers to when he decides to go that route."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:39 pm

"I would never leave her alone, unless she told me specifically she didn't want me to be part of her or our child's life. Then, I probably would have become a mountain hermit. Surprisingly, the mountains to the north is about the only place I don't get lost in." Tsubine made bi-monthly visits to his adoptive father, who was still serving a sentence for a crime he committed long ago. This was something only Kaminari and Midori knew about. Midori may not even remember it, as it was then that she had saved his life. "If you want my two cents, you've found the woman you're going to marry. The way she looks at you is eerily similar to how Kaminari looks at me."

"No, as a matter of fact I didn't. Our first date... went far faster than either of us anticipated. We got through the appetizer at the restaurant before asking for the check." Tsubine thought on a J's question a bit more. "The best answer I can give you... is when it feels right. It's one of those things that does just happen. You can try to plan it out, but I doubt it'll work. You and Maaya could be having a nice dinner when it hits you that you want to make her yours. Or maybe the other way around, honestly."

"J, if you don't mind me calling you that, you're going to have to understand this though. And this is something no one else will tell you. She won't make the first move on you. Ever. Unttil you show her that you feel the same way, she'll continue to go on as if nothing changes within her heart. She may want to continue, to make you hers, but she won't because of who you are. She's probably been waiting on you to make the first move. If you go home tonight and decide to do this, I can almost guarantee that while she'll be surprised, she'll be ready and willing. Oh, and another thing... Don't expect your experience to be like mine and Kaminari's. Kaminari is very different from most women. I don't have relationship experience outside of Kaminari, but from what I know... most aren't as clingy as Kaminari is. Granted, that could also just be the hormones."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

"She looks at me like that? How can you even tell? That's the kind of stuff I don't notice easily." The rest of this conversation had J stone faced. He wasn't exactly shy or embarrassed, but just a bit uncomfortable. It wasn't Tsubine's fault, but the fact that he couldn't figure out his own position. It angered him. Then Tsubine had to mention Maaya wanting to "make him hers" in that manner. J clenched his jaw and he glanced off. A few fun and inappropriate images popped into his mind. He quickly shook them off and turned to Tsubine, listening to the advice this man had for him. "Of course. You're among those I am okay with calling me by my first name. Your wife, however, is not." J said that bluntly, but there was something else behind it. "Anyways, continue on." J signalled politely.

When Tsubine finished, J found himself staring at the ground and thinking deeply about what was just said. Maaya could already want that? Really? Why wouldn't she say that? Or hint at it... J was so bad at this. "I wonder if I should just as-..." J was suddenly stopped by a light post. He hadn't been paying attention so bang. When he stepped back from it, his face a little red, he contemplated cutting it down with his Zanpakutō right then and there. Instead, he turned to Tsubine with a serious expression that couldn't be taken to serious because of the fat red mark across his face. "You saw nothing." he said and then sighed, "This is turning out to be an interesting day. I thank you for your wisdom, Former Captain Commander. It is appreciated and will be taken into account. However, I do not know when."

J then pointed behind Tsubine. "It seems we have passed a possible destination." J pointed to a bar that was immediately noticed to have a much better reputation. J started over and went inside. He looked around. "No women." was the first thing he noted to Tsubine and then walked over to a high table with two stools, "Do they come to us or do we go to the counter?" In that moment, a man came up to them and asked for their order. "I'll have what he's having. I don't usually drink, so I'll follow your lead."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:02 pm

"Without love, there is no way in hueco mundo that our women would have kissed us back then." Tsubine gave J a small smirk, showing he saw that. He couldn't help but snicker when he heard the distinct thwong of something hitting a metal lamppost. "Oh I saw it. I'll just make sure no one else knows about it." Tsubine nodded in approval to J taking his advice. "Please, call me Tsubine. After our match earlier, you've earned it."

"Hmm, it seems nicer than our previous stop..." Tsubine scratched at his chin then followed J in. It was a quiet place with only a few patrons. "I think this is just fine." Tsubine followed J to the high table, sitting down across from him. Tsubine ordered a simple kind of sake from the waiter and asked for it warmed. He wanted to make sure J liked the stuff first, and having it warm just enhanced the flavor while making it easier to go down. "Back to our previous subject though... I assume the two of you got closer since the incident with the Ishino, right? Tell me how she acts different from before that."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:30 pm

"Appreciated." J replied to both the ability to call him by his first name and the secret of him walking into a pole being kept that way. J took a deep breath and suddenly put a hand over his face. "Agh. Damn it. That hurts." he said. If this were a cartoon, that read mark across his face would be glowing in and out to show it's painful pulse. After a moment of recovery, the two made it into a nice bar that they could agree to sit in and talk. They ordered their drinks and Tsubine asked about Maaya. He seemed to think on the question for a few moments. "In the incident, she lost a brother who cared for her... Maaya, unfortunately, did not have a good relationship with her family. They treated her horribly and the only reason that incident happened is because her Mother is a selfish fool who thought I should have chosen her oldest daughter... At least that is my theory... As for Maaya..." J sighed.

"During the incident, she allowed her emotions over her lost brother to cloud her mind. She experienced a very violent outburst and killed her sister. She thought I would be angry with her and chose to keep this information from me. I was not angry, of course. I understood that rage, but I did not appreciate being lied to. For Captain Hayashi to know something that occurred on my property before me or my brother... That is what angered me. I still do not fully understand Maaya's reasoning for keeping this secret... Since then, she's been sweeter and kinder than usual. I believe she thinks she has to butter me up, which is wrong. She's earned enough points that even if some were lost, she'd still have won the game. I can't stay mad at her. The anger was gone within half an hour."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:57 pm

Tsubine listened intently to J describe Maaya before, during, and after the incident. He seemed very confused about the emotional part of it. J's lack of emotional and social knowledge was something Tsubine was quickly learning. As J finished, Tsubine smiled and let out a long sigh. "As the song goes, 'That's amore.'" Tsubine gave a somewhat apologetic look to J. "It's quite obvious that you love her. And... based on what you told me, I'd say she loves you just as much. Perhaps more. As for how she reacted..."

"J, to the average member of the Gotei thirteen, you are among the three scariest Captains currently. The other two are Kaminari and the 11th Division's Captain." Tsubine held up three fingers. "And there are three factors that make someone scary. The first is appearance. You don't look scary until you focus on someone. The 11th Division Captain looks scarier than both you and Kaminari. Then there's power. Kaminari has more raw power than you or the 11th Division Captain. And then there's what you win at, personality. Unless someone gets to know you and see you mess up, you're going to be seemingly perfect. And you, to the average Shinigami, look down at people like you're judging them constantly. I can only imagine what it's like to be at the brunt of your ire. So I can not blame her for putting off that experience until she felt she could handle it."

"But the fact you couldn't stay mad at her and she seems kinder after that just shows that only brought you two closer. Or at least that's how I'd view it." Not long after, the sake showed up in a small porcelain jug. It was shaped like a vase with two small saucer-like cups atop it. Tsubine poured for J, then for himself. He held the sake up for a toast to J. "To a fine opponent and a surprising conversationalist."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm