Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Meeting The Mother [CLOSED]

Serenity
    Serenity

Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] Empty Meeting The Mother [CLOSED]

Post by Serenity Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:30 am

Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] Header12_zpseup9lnoz

This just would not do! Kazuo was late! In reality, Kaminari was three hours early, having wrote a six-thirty instead of a nine-thirty in the little black appointment book she recently acquired. Kaminari approached the Saionji Manor casually. She noticed the guards not really paying much attention. Instead, they were eating their lunch and lounging against the walls. Kaminari shook her head and took note of that before hopping over the wall with a much more accurate shunpo. Since her training with Kazuo started, she had felt much more confident in her ability, though she had a lot more to learn.

Kaminari hopped down off the wall and wandered through the halls. There wasn't anyone around? That was odd. Kaminari's morning person syndrome was being noted here. She was always up early, most of the time before dawn. As she wandered through the halls, she heard someone coughing and made her way into the room she heard it from.
    "Are you okay?" she hurried toward the side of an elderly woman and handed her a glass of room temperature water that the woman had been trying to reach. Kaminari waited patiently for the elderly woman to stop coughing and take a drink.

"Thanks, dear. You're too kind." the woman said kindly. "No problem at all." Kaminari said with a bit more energy than the woman was used to, "Glad I could help." The woman handed the glass back to Kaminari and she quickly set it down. "Are you the little lady my eldest is smitten with?" the woman asked. Kaminari was taken aback by that, a small blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Oh, no. I'm sorry. You're Captain J and K Saionji's mother, I assume?" Kaminari asked and received a nod as reply. Being Kaminari, conversation went off quickly. She sat down in a chair and asked questions about both J and Kazuo. She almost got J's name out of her, but Yukino quickly caught herself.

"Oh, haha. It's been so long since I've had such nice conversation that I almost spilled my son's secret. Don't you go getting me in trouble now." Yukino smiled sweetly at Kaminari. "I'm surprised he wants it a secret so much. How come he doesn't trust anyone?" Yukino laid her head back in her pillow and stared up at the ceiling. She sighed sadly, catching Kaminari's attention. "Well, when you'r-..."

"AAAHH!" a sudden scream penetrated the room after the quick noise of a sliding door. A metal tray hit the floor and glass shattered everywhere. The scream echoed through the halls. Kaminari looked back to a maid who was pulling out a few knives. "Enough of that!" Yukino yelled angrily, and the sudden excitement sent Yukino into a coughing fit. Kaminari handed her the water again, but it was almost gone. She hadn't even realized the two had been talking for hours now. She looked to a nearby clock and noticed that three hours had passed. Yukino quickly calmed down, but the two were no longer alone. It wasn't just the maid, but J Saionji stood in the doorway now too.

"Oh, I'm dead." That look of pure rage in J's eyes was something Kaminari had never seen before. She could feel the threat of death radiating from J's very being. Her heart raced. From the stories she had been told by Yukino, Kaminari knew how protective they were over their Mother and she had sort of just stumbled onto the room. This did not look good at all and she doubted she'd get a chance to speak. Well, not when he stared directly at her. J was able to focus his reiatsu at her, an impressive technique that only a Captain could do. That heavy feeling was immediately crushing her. Kaminari struggled to put her hand over her chest and fell to her knees trying to continue breathing.

"J! ENOUGH!" J immediately let up on Kaminari. She took in a deep and slightly pained breath. She had broken out into a heavy sweat in those few seconds. Kaminari looked up to J, eyes wide and fearful. Is that the kind of power all Captains had? He could just look at her and break her if he wanted? That was terrifying. Did Genpaku have that power? Midori? Kazuo? Tsubine? Lil-... Lilith did. It was amazing, and absolutely horrifying at the same time. "Look what you've done! You've shaken the poor girl to her core." Yukino was actually about to get up to try and help Kaminari, but her caretaker, the maid woman, hurried over and kept her in bed. "No, milady. You must rest." J stepped up to Kaminari, who was still frozen in fear and spoke at her. "Who are you and what are you doing in my home?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Meeting The Mother [CLOSED] Empty Re: Meeting The Mother [CLOSED]

Post by Tsubine Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:52 am

Kazuo hadn't been gone two days and he already needed to return. He had explained to his brother he needed some time to process the changes in his life, and just being thrust back into it wasn't the right way he needed to go about it. He neglected to mention the part about wanting to punch J. Kazuo grumbled as he walked through the main gates. It was still early to the time that he was going to train Kaminari at. Thus, he had time to be a little sneakier than usual. He motioned to the guards to stay at ease as he attempted to slip in through the side entrance to his office. How he could have forgotten his bokken he had no idea. He could have borrowed some, sure, but he trusted the quality of his own.

Kazuo continued to grumble until he heard the scream. He knew the voice immediately—it was his mother's maid. Kazuo's eyes went wide as he raced down the hall, seeing J step into the room with purpose. Oh no. Oh no. Kazuo spun into the room, looking at J's back. "J, what's goi—" That's when he noticed the little ball of energy sitting fearful on the ground. He raised an eyebrow. "Kaminari, what the hell are you doing here?" Kazuo stepped up to his brother and lay a hand on his shoulder. She still hadn't answered, and Kazuo saw the fear. "J, calm down. She's someone I'm teaching. She's no threat to anyone here." Kazuo then looked a bit more sternly at Kaminari. "But you still need to tell us what you're doing in here." Meanwhile, a pair of blue eyes and matching hair peeked around the corner. Maaya, afraid of what she might see in there, was curious as to what the commotion was...

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:36 am

The fact that J entered the room in nothing but the robe he slept in went ignored by Kaminari. Normally, she would have commented on how attractive he was, just to give him a bit of an ego boost. Funnily enough, that had also been her plan the day she met Kazuo, but that little compliment of hers on that day sort of just slipped out. Her normal plans weren't going to work now. Kaminari was pretty much on all fours, her eyes fixated on a single point on the ground. It was a small speck of lint. It was all she could do to keep her mind from snapping. She barely heard J's question, it coming in more muffled than anything else. It was like she just had a gun go off an inch away from her ear and she was temporarily deaf. However, her mind came back in and focused a bit when she heard a familiar voice.

"C-Captain Saionji..." she said in referrence to Kazuo as she slowly raised her head. Her body was shaking, her eyes trembling, and she was having a hard time catching her breath with each word. "Don't worry, dear. It'll pass. Just take a few deep breaths." Yukino spoke sweetly to her. Kaminari felt a hand tap lightly on her shoulder. She glanced back to their Mother, the smallest feeling of safety washing over her. She went to stand up, stumbled, but caught herself. When she finally stood, she took a deep breath and used her sleeve to wipe away the sweat. "I, um..." she spoke nervously and looked to Kazuo, trying to ignore the feeling of J's eyes drilling into her being, "I was coming to see you. You were late, so I came to hurry you up and maybe meet the Miss Maaya you were talking about."

Kaminari had not noticed the woman in the door way. She didn't acknowledge the maid either. The only three people that were here to her was Kazuo, J, and Yukino. "I was walking by the room and heard her coughing." Kaminari explained even more nervously, her voice almost cracking, "I kn-know I probably shouldn't have, but I peeked in and got her the water. She was reaching for it and couldn't get to it... After that, I... Um... I..." Kaminari made the mistake of glancing toward J. His gaze was not comforting. "She and I have been talking quite a bit. In fact, she's been here for a few hours. She's quite the sweetheart." Yukino spoke up and giggled a bit, making Kaminari and J feel better in the process, "I thought she might have been the little lady that's stolen my eldest son's heart, but alas..."

Yukino shot a playful glare towards J, who immediately know what it meant. "The only reason I have not brought Maaya to meet you is your illness has been worse the last few weeks. Before that, you were barely moving. I thought time to recover would be better." J explained calmly, his eyes closed in annoyance. "And if I had died during that time? You think I wanna pass never meeting the woman that caught your stubborn ass?" Yukino said in slight annoyance. Kaminari couldn't help but giggle at it, but the glare she got from J sent her, quite literally, hiding behind Yukino on the other side of the bed. "No, no. You can't be mean to me now! If you do, I'ma tell your Mom on you." Kaminari said with a bright, mischievous smile. "Oh, you tell me every mean thing he does and he'll hear about it."

"But first... Bring me Maaya. I want to meet her, now. Oh, and Kaminari..." Yukino took Kaminari's hands in her own and smiled widely at her, "Please visit me any time you can. Maybe having a third beauty around the house will allow you to catch the heart of my youngest." Kaminari's face went terribly red. She glanced to Kazuo and then raised an eyebrow. Kaminari knew about him and Midori, but apparently their Mother didn't? Kaminari just smiled. "That sounds like fun. He's already helping me with my training, so more time around him will give me more chances to flirt." Yukino laughed happily at that, "You're such a bold and honest girl. I love it. Now... Where is Maaya?" Yukino's head snapped around to glare at J, "Go, go. Ge-..." It was then that the little shy one just peeking into the room was noticed.

"Maaya. Darling, I pray that's you. You have the beautiful blue eyes that J speaks of. Come here, Darling." J was so preoccupied with Kaminari's intrusion that he had not noticed Maaya's presence. When his Mother did, J looked back and felt guilty pretty quick. He wanted Maaya to meet his Mother, but not like this. Being ripped from your sleep by a scream was not the greatest way to set up a meeting, especially with how much had been going on in their lives. Either way, she was here now and this may not have been a horrid time. J held a hand out to Maaya, hoping she'd take it, and then gently guided her up to Yukino. "Maaya, this is my Mother, Yukino Saionji."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Kazuo had a hard time keeping a straight face during J and his mother's bickering. She always picked on J in a way Kazuo never would. She would call him out on his stubborn side as well as his quiet side. He felt a smile creep up on his face as the family scene actually formed again. Hanae would... Kazuo's mood fell as he thought how Hanae would be responded to. On the one hand, she was a young girl and Yukino would probably like that. On the other hand, she was the product of Genjiro's infidelity. There was enough concern that he would not bring it up yet. He himself didn't feel entirely comfortable around Hanae or J right now too. But his mother's presence eased that so much that he nearly forgot about it.

Then, Kazuo turned red. He had barely spoken to J about him and Midori. If his mother hadn't been so ill, he would have told her about him and Midori. Kaminari seemed to agree that this exact moment wasn't good for that conversation. She had his back, and he just chuckled with only now a tinge of red on his cheeks.

Maaya had been hiding behind the doorway, listening in and peeking. She could barely see anything but J and Kazuo's backs. They had broad backs perfect for carrying small people. Like children. Or her. When Yukino called out to Maaya, she ducked behind the door like a scared kitten. As Yukino continued, Maaya slinked out from hiding. She was afraid she'd be scolded by J for snooping like she was. She was blushing thanks to the compliment J had passed on to Yukino. She timidly took J's hand and walked up to Yukino. Maaya bowed deeply to show her respect. "I'm sorry for snooping just now. I was worried about the scream I heard... but I saw J—" Maaya caught herself mid-letter and hesitated. Was it right to call him J? She decided to risk it. "J and Master Kazuo here and knew any trouble was settled. It is a pleasure to meet my beloved's mother. He has spoke wonderous things about you, and I am sure they are all understatements."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 pm

J's thoughts were not on Kazuo at the moment, though he could still feel that tension. In his mind, Kazuo was overreacting to something that he should have easily understood. This is why J ignored him. J did not look his brother's way a single time and made an effort to avoid his gaze even when they should have looked at each other. Instead, he brought Maaya forward and enjoyed the interaction the woman had with his Mother. When Maaya called him her beloved, he could not help but straighten  his back in a sense of pride. He loved that woman and each time she expressed the same, his heart skipped a beat. This was all new to him, but he enjoyed every moment of it.

Yukino's face just lit up when Maaya was presented to her. "My goodness, darling. Do not bow to me. Come, come." Yukino sat up with the help of Kaminari and held her arms out to Maaya. If Maaya hesitated, Yukino would pull her in for a hug, even if she had very little strength. She held here tightly and shook Maaya back and forth very lightly. "You are more beautiful than J described, and since he doesn't shut up about your beauty, that's saying a lot." Yukino glanced passed Maaya to J, who glanced away. A normal person would have blushed at that, but J Saionji refused! However, he did smirk a bit, but it was hidden by the fact that he eturned away from everyone.

"And don't you apologize for snooping. You can't really snoop in your own home. Well, you can, but not in a situation like this." Yukino took Maaya's hand and just held onto it, "I also noticed that little hesitation with my son's name. Haha. You call him what you wish, but something tells me that he likes the beloved nickname. You should come up with something really cute to embarrass him. I'm sure the world would love to see J go red for once." Kaminari decided to speak up in that moment. "I can second that. I'ma snap a picture in that moment just to put it up on each Division's bulletin board." Kaminari then pointed to Maaya, "You know how many women are jealous of you?"

"Oh? They're jealous of Maaya." Yukino asked curiously, though it was a fake surprise behind her tone. Kaminari nodded excitedly. "It's absolutely hilarious to hear all the fan girls start moping about they're dear Captain Big Saionji finding a woman." Kaminari went drama queen and mimicked the jealous women by putting on a sad face, "They do the same about Kazuo as well when rumors of him finding a woman go around. Did you know there is an entire fan club police force that is meant to snuff out the rumors? Apparently no one can get close to Maaya to ask, so they've assumed it's true, which is good. I can see why he likes ya too. You're pretty and I like your voice."

There was a momentary glance down toward Maaya's chest. Kaminari kept up a smile, but the jealousy in her eyes was apparent. The last few hours talking with Yukino hadn't just been about J and Kazuo. Kaminari was convinced to talk about herself, and Yukino knew about the insecurity complex Kaminari had with her height and chest size. J and Yukino both noticed that glance down and the jealousy in her eyes. J took it as a minor form of hostility and readied to defend Maaya. Yukino just giggled at it and pat Kaminari's head. Even laying in bed, Yukino was taller than Kaminari was. "This one gets jealous of other women's boob sizes very easily, don't you Kaminari?"

"Yukino!!!" Kaminari wrapped her arms around her chest, her face extremely red from embarrassment, "Why'd you have to go and say that?" Kaminari whined childishly and looked away from everyone. J actually could not hold that chuckle in. It came out more like a snort through his nose, but it was there. When that was noticed, he cleared his throat and kept his cool. "I told you about J's stutter when he was very young. My goodness were your grandfather and I glad you grew out of that." Yukino chuckled. J looked at her like she had gone nuts. "I also told you about Kazuo's rebellious diaper phase and how the maids had to chase his naked self around the house for hours. I think it's only fair they know about that." Kaminari couldn't argue that point and just nodded. "Fiiine..."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:19 am

Maaya would have still bowed to her, even if Yukino had spoken up beforehand. She was not only her elder, but she was hopefully going to be her mother-in-law. Such a title deserved respect, and Maaya only knew how to truly show that with a bow. As Maaya was pulled into the hug gently, she was a little afraid to hug the woman back. But she lightly put her arms on Yukino's back so as not to hurt the elderly woman. She turned more red as another compliment slipped out. "Thank you. I would not fault him though. Sometimes it is hard to find the correct words for some things in life—things that someone feels are so extraordinary that we can only show and not tell." Maaya glanced back over to J, a small smile on her face. "He may feel that way about me."

Maaya soon went back to J's side, as she did not want to crowd Yukino's bed. She let herself still be held by Yukino's hand, but she was more keen to return to J's side completely. Right now, she was mostly in-between them. "Envious," Maaya politely corrected. "I'm... no, maybe it is jealousy. I guess I am taking away their chance to be with J. ...Not that many people actually had a chance." Maaya giggled. Knowing what J's standards were effectively knew that most of the women that dreamt of being with him would have never worked. They would have been lucky to see him glance at them if they were on fire and screaming for help.

Maaya blushed a bit at Kaminari's compliment, but she smiled and returned it. "You are pretty as well. Your... enthusiasm is admirable." She didn't have to hesitate to find something else to compliment Kaminari on. It was obvious what it should be. It was simply the wording. Energy wasn't right—too plain. So she had to use that word. It was close enough to her meaning. Maaya did detect jealousy, but she felt it to be towards her relationship with J—not her bust size. She gave J a minor hand motion to stand down after she felt his hostility. She was getting better at that. And then the reason came out. Maaya blinked in surprise, but then smiled. "You are still young, miss. You could still grow to be taller and have a a larger bosom than mine. Don't fret because yours hasn't come in yet. Truth be told, mine did not truly start growing until a few years before I met J." Maaya tried to give Kaminari some encouragement.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:59 am

Snap! Kaminari was impressed and J was shocked. That snap at other women was not something either of them thought to hear from Maaya, ever. Yukino thought it was adorable and giggled along with Maaya, finding the woman to be an odd form of precious. Kaminari soon joined in on the giggle and J couldn't help but wrap an arm around Maaya's waist and pulling her in.

"She's right." was all that J said. That was the second time Kaminari had been complimented today. Both times were on her appearance too, so she was a little thrown by it. The first time was by an elderly woman that reminded her of a kind grandmother. The second was by someone Kaminari wished she looked like, even just a fraction of Maaya's beauty being given to her would have been a blessing. To be told by both of these women that she was pretty was confusing. She was noticeably rattled about it and fell silent as her thoughts went wild in order to comprehend it all. Realizing she hadn't replied, Kaminari physically shook her head to bring herself from her thoughts.

"Thank you!" Kaminari replied with a light blush over her cheeks. And then it began. Kaminari's shoulders drooped with every attempt to help that Maaya shot at her. It felt like she had taken four or five arrows to the back. The weight of inferiority was slowly crushing her. Maaya didn't understand though. Normally, Kaminari would freak out and flail about, but not with the Saionji Brothers standing right there. Among some people, Kaminari felt the need to act at least a little normal. "W-Well, let's hope so." Kaminari pushed up a smile and rubbed the back of her head. She was horribly embarrassed and the blush on her cheeks showed that, but oh well.

Yukino was happy to have finally met Maaya. She trusted her son to choose correctly for himself, but Yukino still wanted to meet the woman who'd soon marry her eldest son. She had also not participated in any decent conversation in a long time, so Kaminari helped with that. She felt both tired and refreshed, so she let out a heavy relieved sigh. "Well, this has been a fantastic morning, but I feel the need to take a nap. Please, come visit every now and then. It does get lonely here." Yukino looked to Maaya first and then to Kaminari. "I'll try!" Kaminari gave her a light hug, "Get some rest and get well soon." Kaminari walked out of Yukino's room quickly and waited.

Once Kazuo stepped out, Kaminari tugged on his shirt and asked him to wait. J waited for everyone to say their goodbyes and then gave his Mother a kiss on the forehead and tucked her in before stepping out. of her room. Kaminari was still waiting there and had stopped Kazuo. "Okay, so I have a problem with her." Kaminari pointed passed Maaya to the maid that was just walking away. "What is wrong with my Mother's caretaker?" J asked with an eyebrow raised. "Besides the fact that I was there for three hours before that stupid woman came in and checked on her? Or how about the fact that the water your mother had was room temperature? Or that the fan was too far for your Mother to reach so when I arrived it was stuffy? That chick either needs to be fired or taught a lesson because I do not call that doing her job. If I was someone who wanted to hurt Yukino, none of you could have done anything about it... Oh, and let's not mention the half-sleeping guards I passed to even get in here."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 am

Maaya enjoyed meeting Yukino as much as the reverse was true. She would enjoy having Yukino as the mother figure she never had. As she left, Maaya turned around and gave a light bow to Yukino. "Rest well, please. When you have recovered more, I would love to speak with you at length." Maaya had a lot of things to ask her about J. There were things only a mother would know—and a son would never tell. She wanted to be a perfect bride for J. She needed more information. Maaya was the second-to-last to leave, with only J behind her. Kazuo had asked his mother to send for him once she was done with her nap if she felt up to talking. He'd have to tell her about Midori sooner rather than later.

Maaya held onto J's hand as they closed the door. Kazuo turned to Kaminari when she asked him to wait. He looked confused, but went with it. After getting everyone together, Kaminari spoke about something important. As she finished, Kazuo sighed. "This would be her second warning." He gave J a look. "We might need a new maid for her," the look said. Things hadn't been entirely... great since Kingoro Goroshima had retired. He had become old himself, so it came to no surprise that he did decide to leave. But Kingoro had been the best caretaker for their mother they had ever had. "As for the guards... that's something we should take care of fast." He then shot Kaminari a playful look. "Though to be fair... compared to how much energy you have, everyone is half-sleeping, Kaminari." Maaya's eyes lit up for a moment. "Ah! So that is your name. I did not catch it earlier, and I felt it impolite to ask... I am glad to know it now."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:29 am

Kaminari was very upset with how Yukino was being taken care of, so to find out that this was that woman's second warning angered her more. It showed in her eyes as she looked at J. "I know I'm not family and I have no business even bringing this up," J interrupted her with an, "That's correct." Kaminari's expression dulled, "but I'm sure you feel your Mother deserves top quality treatment. Speaking to her for a couple hours showed me she's a delight and deserves better than that trash that went walking down the hallway." Kaminari crossed her arms angrily, standing her ground more firmly than she had the first time J stared her down, similarly to how he was now, "I can come take care of her in the mornings until you have found someone you can trust to do their job. I can't do it al-..."

"No." J said sternly, receiving a raised eyebrow from Kaminari. She wasn't going to charge him? She just liked Yukino and it would allow her to hang out with Maaya. "The offer is appreciated. I prefer someone with medical training to watch over her. I will be visiting the Fourth today since none of the nurses from the Medical Team are working." The Medical Team is a group of regular doctors that are trained to deal with regular illnesses. Most Shinigami get their medical care from the Medical Team. In fact, only the high ranking officers, fifth seat and higher, are the ones that get their medical needs from anyone within the Fourth Division. Anything that requires healing Kidō is obviously an exception to this general rule.

"Oh. Okay then." Kaminari agreed and accepted the comment with a nod. J then looked to Kazuo as he mentioned the guards. "Agreed. I'll be taking care of that first." J said sternly, still not making eye contact with his brother, but motioning toward Kaminari, "The fact that this one got in so easily and went unnoticed for hours is not acceptable." Kaminari raised an eyebrow at that. "I feel like that was a direct shot at my abilities..." she confronted J quickly on that, not scared to call it out. "That would be because it was."  J explained with an eyebrow raised as well, mimicking Kaminari's in a condescending manner. J was not in a good mood and it showed clearly to both Maaya and Kazuo. "If someone so weak can get in, changes need to be made."

Kaminari's expression saddened. She glanced toward Yukino's door, wanting to tell on J immediately, but even she wasn't that stupid. She wouldn't wake Yukino up when they just let her rest. "That's... kind of insulting." Kaminari rubbed the back of her head and looked away from him, "I've only started learning the cool stuff; You don't learn it over night, you know? Being a Captain, you should..." Kaminari looked to Kazuo and poked lightly at his arm before sort of hiding behind him. She lowered her eyes to the ground, insulted, embarrassed, and her insecurities coming to the surface all in that moment. J just raised an eyebrow at the behavior, not really sure why what he said was bad.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:14 am

Kazuo didn't argue against J. Kaminari was not the right person for Yukino's caretaking. "Although, I don't see the harm in letting you come and visit now and then. Just check with one of us before you do." Kazuo did like the light in his mother's eyes that he saw when Kaminari and her were talking. And then J was J. Kazuo knew immediately things were going to go bad. "J." Kazuo called out his brother's name in a somewhat-scolding manner. Or so he thought he did. The thing was... it wasn't his voice. Maaya, normally quiet, was looking at him with a slightly stern expression on his face. "Calm down. I think I understand where you're coming from, but think about it." Maaya walked over and placed a hand on Kaminari's shoulder. "She is perhaps my age, but I imagine she's younger than I am. You haven't been in the Gotei long either have you?" Kaminari agreed. "So at the very least, she has a lot of training to undergo. And as she said, she was here to look for Master Kazuo to train. She is, at the very, very least, trying to better herself." Maaya placed a hand on her heart. "Insulting her for not being a prodigy and immediately gaining power upon the start of training is improper at best and rude at worst."

"Although I am sure it is not true, but it could also be taken as a shot towards the teacher. I am sure that Master Kazuo is a skilled teacher. Out of curiosity, Master Kazuo, what is it that you are training her in?" Kazuo, taken aback by Maaya's speaking, hesitated to answer. "Uh, Hohō and Hakuda mainly." "And so she is the student of the man known as the 'Silent Flash' in what gave him such a name. Perhaps she merely sped past the guards before they could see her?" Maaya held up a hand to stop J from protesting. "You are right that changes must be done and that security must be tightened. But do not go about pointing out that by insulting someone by calling them weak. It is hard for you to know what it is like being weaker than most people, and I understand that you may have a hard time understanding where people like me and Kaminari come from. Being called weak and blaming things on the weakness when we are trying to improve could cause discouragment from bettering ourselves."

Maaya gave J a pleading look. "J, I don't know if Kaminari or myself will ever be at Master Kazuo's level, let alone yours. We are weak to you. But don't go and point that out. You are such an important person to our society that your words carry weight that you don't know about. When I spoke earlier about how most women would not have a chance, it is true. It is not just because of your standards, but because most women would not know how to understand you and your... blunt honesty while still being able to love you like I do." Maaya blushed and cleared her throat as she realized what she had said.

"But back to the point, we understand that we are weaker than you. But when someone you look up to says 'You're weak,'" Maaya deepened her voice momentarily to sound more masculine, "it causes you to wonder if it's even worth bettering yourself. Most people don't have the same sort of determination you and Master Kazuo have. And even then, those that do have it are mostly men. Women are, as you will learn, fragile. Words mean a lot to us both in a good way and a bad way." Then Maaya's eyes went a little more hard. "And also... if you are insulting her, you are also insulting me. I may not be as skilled as you are in detection and analysis of Reiatsu, but she is stronger than I am. And you know how much hard work I have put into my training. Just because she may not be a threat to you does not mean she isn't a threat to a normal guard."

Maaya then walked over and put her hand on J's arm. "But I know you don't mean it to be insulting. I know you, J, and she hasn't done anything to deserve an actual insult. If anything, we should be partly thankful for her. We are very lucky that she is a nice person and did not attempt to hurt your mother. She has pointed out the flaws in our security. Without her, your mother's life would still be in danger and she would have a caretaker that did not truly take care of her."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:46 am

Needless to say, J and Kaminari were both extremely impressed. Kaminari was impressed because this really pretty girl that she had just met was sticking up for her. It wasn't just sticking up for her though; Maaya was scolding Captain Big Saionji for belittling her. She did it in the way a noble woman would. It was like watching a Queen tell her King that his decision was wrong. Even if Kaminari was technically stronger, there was no way Kaminari felt she could compare to Maaya, especially with the amount of courage that was just shown. Kaminari watched Maaya speak with her jaw dropped in awe, listening to each word spoken like she was being taught a lesson by a respected professor. It was even more enlightening when Maaya moved to explain that J didn't mean in like an insult. Kaminari did not know J at all and Maaya did. She scolded him for her sake, likely to try and help him use his words better, but also flipped it to show she understood his true meaning. Kaminari was awestruck with the cutest little energetic blush and smile on her face.

J's reaction was obviously a little different. He was caught off guard by Maaya speaking out to him so confidently. He had been noticing quite a bit more bravery from her lately. She had been opening up, speaking more freely, and showing the members of his house that she had authority around here. It made him proud and he loved her more for it. J needed someone to tell him when he was being an idiot, or even when he was wrong about something. This was one of those idiots of ignorance moments. J's social skills were never the best and speaking to women in particular was hard for him since he was not the most sensitive guy. Maaya had taken the time to learn that and proved it with her words. She spoke respectively, protectively, and powerfully. His pride in her only increased as each word came gracefully from that beautiful mouth of hers. He even felt a small smirk twitching onto his lips, but he fought it. He wasn't going to show that kind of reaction in front of some young girl he did not know. However, that pride changed to confusion and guilt.

"I insulted her?" he asked himself as she explained. J continued to listen to his Queen's speech, but found himself glancing around, as if trying to understand what she meant. There was an air of confusion around him, along with narrowed eyes. It wasn't a glare, but sort of a 'what are you talking about' expression. It wasn't until Maaya mentioned her own training that J understood. He had a lot to learn and even remember. There was a time he was weak and learning, but that was centuries ago. He couldn't remember any of it now. He didn't remember the struggle and kind of blocked most of it out in order to forget about any flaws he may have had. He was taught to be perfect after all, but Maaya was showing him that he definitely was not. And so when he felt her hand on his arm and she also explained his side of everything, J allowed a smile to crawl onto his lips. It was a small one, but a genuine smile nonetheless.
    "I understand." he said and looked to Kaminari, "I did not mean to insult you. I do a-..." He cleared his throat hesitantly, "...apologize for that."

"I'll forgive you on one condition." Kaminari squrimed around to stand in front of Kazuo. J raised an eyebrow at her. Was this girl giving him some sort of ultimatum? "And what is that?" J's voice became stern again. Kaminari didn't waver though. "I get to come visit Maaya whenever I want and Yukino at least once a week." Kaminari put a finger up to represent the once a week, "I will not do so at unreasonable times and will leave if either of them are ill, too busy, or don't want to hang out with me." Kaminari changed her finger to a full hand and held it out to him for a handshake. J wasn't too fond of the deal, but he glanced momentarily to Maaya, then Kazuo, then his Mother's room. He couldn't say no when his Mother had already requested Kaminari to return. J sighed and took Kaminari's hand, giving a firm shake. Once he let go, Kaminari smiled and then turned away from J to shake the pain away. "Ow, ow..." she whispered.

"Someone has a very tight grip." Kaminari quickly turned back and rubbed the back of her head. She then turned to Maaya and went to hug her. It was a quick motion, one that had J up in arms, but he doubted this small thing would do anything when he and Kazuo were standing right there. Kaminari hugged Maaya tightly, but when she didn't immediately get a hug back, she looked up to Maaya with an eyebrow raised. "It's a hug. You're supposed to return it." she said and then received an awkward hug in return. That was fine. Some people didn't now how to react to Kaminari that quickly. Maaya would learn. Once she let Maaya go, she put her hands behind her back and smiled widely. "I can come visit you whenever I want now, but you tell me if you want me to go away, okay?" Kaminari said cheerfully, "I visit a lot of people, so I won't ever overwhelm you. I am gonna get to say Maaya Saionji is one of my closest friends! Everyone will be jealous of me!"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:11 am

Kazuo was also impressed by Maaya. He had noticed that something had changed with her since their last big event. She was actually acting with authority now. Nothing major ever came out of her mouth, of course. But if a maid missed a spot, if a gardener over-trimmed a hedge, or a cook forgot a part of the meal, Maaya would be the first to correct them. She was never insulting about it. Stern, yes—especially with the cooks—but never would she be a bitch about it. Maaya understood that people made mistakes. She herself had made many. She also knew how arduous cleaning and cooking was. Maaya knew, and that's why getting scolded by her instead of the Saionji Brothers was becoming more and more of wish for the staff.

But Kazuo wasn't only impressed by Maaya. Kaminari standing up to J at the end with the ultimatum was surprising. She had gumption, but he didn't think it was that much. Kazuo gave J a "It wouldn't hurt" look as his brother's eyes met his own. Yukino wanted the company and Kazuo had wanted Kaminari and Maaya to meet. Kazuo knew that if Maaya or Yukino didn't want to see her, Kaminari wouldn't break her word. She'd go on about her merry way. He snickered slightly as she recovered from J's handshake. "That's J's handshake for you."

Maaya was not expecting the tackle hug. She stood there, arms away from Kaminari like someone had just flung ice cream onto her. She looked at J, mouthing "What do I do?" He shrugged. Kaminari explained it, thankfully. Kazuo was holding back laughter. She really was perfect for J. They both had social situations they had no idea what to do in. Maaya slowly and somewhat awkwardly put her hands on Kaminari's back to return the hug. Maaya Saionji caused Maaya to turn red again. She giggled lightly and nodded. "That sounds splendid. Although I do like Lady Yurina, I would much rather have friends that are closer to my age." Maaya then held up a single finger. "But I must correct you on something. Alas, my name is not Maaya Saionji yet. I am still burdened by the Ishino name. As I do not have the honor of calling myself a Saionji, I do not think it proper for me to be called as such by others. I'm sure you can understand, Miss Kaminari."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:25 am

Kaminari needed to be corrected! Wait, what? Kaminari tilted her head curiously as Maaya explained. "Oh. Well hurry up." she blinked casually and glanced to J, the comment directed toward him. If he was making Maaya wait for no reason, Kaminari would have to play match maker he as well. J would not like Kaminari's version of match making, not with him at least. She'd end up popping into his office with a "Didja do it yet?" only to repeatedly get the answer no from him. Well, until he actually did do it. Luckily, Kaminari wasn't that crazy. "Well, it was lovely to meet you both, even though one of you could kill with a glare." Kaminari smiled widely up at J, her comment was more of a compliment actually. She was impressed by that skill of his. Kaminari turned on her heel and faced Kazuo. "We have to get to training. We are super super late!" Kaminari grabbed onto Kazuo's sleeve and attempted to drag him off, "If we wait too much longer, you're going to get really busy and  not be able to train me today. I have to get better so Captain Your Brother can't call me weak anymore!"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:51 am

Maaya blushed more, but her smile widened. Kaminari spoke her own wishes, and that was a good thing. Maaya would never rush J, as she knew he had his own timeframe for everything. Even if it was a little slow for her tastes. Kazuo on the other hand, let out a small coughing chuckle. He was so taken aback by it. She was right, but even he didn't have the balls to point that out. She had spunk. There was even a part of him that thought maybe she should meet Ryuusei. Kaminari was gentle and kind enough for him, but... She'd kill him. Kaminari had too much energy for him to be able to handle. They wouldn't work out.

Maaya bade farewell to Kazuo and Kaminari as the short one dragged the tall one away.
    "She is... quite energetic," Maaya pointed out to J. "But very kind and sweet. I imagine she could work well as a doctor, had she wanted to be one." Maaya held onto J's hand as they watched the two leave. His grip was strong, but gentle. That was one thing Maaya loved about J that no one really appreciated—his control. J could very easily break every bone in her hand. But he didn't. He was controlling himself so as to not. Most people don't think about that, but it is something Maaya enjoyed dearly about her future husband.

Kazuo stopped Kaminari as the left the gates.
    "Kaminari, we are about... ten minutes late. Considering the... circumstances, I'm going to let it slide. But we are not 'super late' as you put it." He raised an eyebrow at her. "But we'll go back to the 2nd Division's grounds now. Shunpo your way there, but not on the rooftops. That will be the first step of today's training." Kazuo disappeared in a stutter of light and re-appeared down a path. He crossed his arms as he flickered again. Kazuo was serious about this. Upon reaching the 2nd Division's training grounds, Kazuo sat down on a bench and waited for Kaminari. He timed her using a small pocketwatch he carried with him.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:29 am

Kazuo was right in wanting to introduce Kaminari and Maaya. Though Kaminari was a little hyper for his tastes, he did think she and Maaya could be good friends. "I can't help but contemplate the idea of Kazuo dating that young woman." J brought up, his hand shifting around Maaya's to actually lace his fingers within hers. He didn't even realize he did it, but that happened. "However, I think he and Midori are a more compatible couple." he observed and looked back to Maaya, "Shall we go for breakfast?" he asked her, gently tugging her in his direction before walking toward the kitchen.

Outside of the Saionji Manor, Kazuo stopped Kaminari and she raised an eyebrow at him. "Only ten minutes? Weren't we supposed to meet at six?" she asked, only to be corrected. She pulled out the note that had the time on it and blinked. She saw a si-... Kaminari turned the paper upside down and rubbed the back of her head embarrassed. "Ohh..." was all she said before he continued. "Ye- Wait, what?" Before she got an answer, the speed demon left. Kaminari blinked, flailed her arms angrily, and whined. "Dang it. Ugh!" she took a deep breath and began her shunpos, making her way to the Second's training grounds. It took some time, since she hit a few dead ends.

When she finally made it there, Kaminari was sweating pretty decently. She plopped down on the floor about two feet away from the bench. She looked up to the bench for a moment, reached out as if she wanted to get to it, and then just gave up. She fell back onto her back and laid there trying to catch her breath.
    "Do you know how many dead ends there still are in the Second?" she said through labored breathing, but was soon calming down, "I am gonna inform the Captain Commander. You know he gets lost in those and it makes him punch things... Anyways... Why I really rushed you out. What's up with you and your brother? I may not be the smartest, but a two year old could sense that tension."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:09 am

Six? Kazuo raised an almost offended eyebrow. He didn't wake up until seven. "No. It was meant to be at eight." But she had been waiting since six? Oh, she was going to get a workout to make up. He had a small smile creep on his face as he told her the goal and the methods. And then, Kazuo disappeared. He waited at the Second for Kaminari. It took her about as long as he expected it would. She was exhausted. Good. Kazuo smiled and sat on the bench. "I actually have special permission for them. There's a reason he doesn't go through the Second Division anymore." They were meant to stop escaped prisoners and to act as training for the Executive Militia.

And then, she brought that up. He rolled his eyes and sighed. This wasn't her business. "J kept something very important from me. He was finally forced to tell me after something came to light." Kazuo sighed and told her a bit more than he should have. "We have a little sister, and... I shouldn't say any more. It's family business, nothing for you to worry about." Kazuo stood and looked at Kaminari. "Let's have you do some exercises. Two sets of twenty lunges. Let's go, let's go."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:28 am

"I'm surprised he knows when he's going through the Second." Kaminari raised an eyebrow, Tsubine probably sneezing wherever he was at the moment, "Man gets lost very easy. It's hilarious." Kaminari asked her question as politely as she could, but kept it casual. She was truly curious as to why Kazuo and J were all bleh at each other right now. The news was surprising, but not so much for Kaminari as it had been Kazuo. She didn't see anything wrong with it, though she kind of understood his frustration. She wanted to talk to him about it, but he was going to try and avoid it. Kaminari pouted at him a bit and stood up. "Two sets of twenty. Why not just forty? You're as funny as Tsubine getting lost."

Kaminari tightened her ponytail and put her hands on her hips. With a big step forward, she began her lunges, but this wasn't going to stop her from talking. "So are you mad at having a sister or at J for not telling you a long time ago?" Once she got her answer, she raised an eyebrow. "You sure it was even his choice?" she looked curiously at him, continuing her exercises, "six, seven, eight, nine..."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 am

"Alright, you're right. Two sets of forty." Kazuo gave her an evil grin. You don't question your teacher. He had his reasons for not going to this already. She had already done her main exercise with the shunpo to here. He was just letting her muscles loosen up. If she was going to make fun of his methods, he was going to ramp up the difficulty. And then, she brought it up. And again, she brought it up. Kazuo let out a quite annoyed sigh. "Kaminari. I said this wasn't your business. Don't worry about me, it's something I'm getting over in my own way. I am not mad about having a sister though. That's just going to be something I'm going to have to get used to." Kazuo sighed and continued to watch Kaminari exercise.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Kaminari's cheerful smile quickly faded and was replaced with annoyance. She sighed and just went into her exercising, not daring to question him again. She was only poking a little fun. He was her teacher, but she still thought of him as a friend first. Anyways, she also wasn't going to complain because she had things to figure out. She asked her curious questions and was saddened to hear his reply. She continued her exercises in silence, counting in her head until she finished. Once done, she crossed her arms. "I know it's not my business, Captain. If it's wrong to want to get to know you, then tell me now. I'll stop trying." she stared dully at him, though the disappointment was obvious, "You're dating one of my closest friends. In fact, she's like a big sister. You also want me to befriend someone who is going to likely marry your brother and you're training me. I prefer to know the people I talk to, especially when I'm trusting them to teach me something that will save my life."

If he ever tried to interrupt her, she's put up a hand and continue talking. "I know it's a sensitive subject, okay? I know you probably talk to Midori about it. I also know that you don't trust me. You're a noble man with major authority and a family to look after. Something has happened that has bothered you, a lot. I'm not trying to be nosy; I'm trying to be helpful. If you can vent at me, then do it. I may not be powerful, but that doesn't mean my advice or opinion on every day matters of family and the heart won't help. Who knows... maybe I have a view point over it that would help... lighten the situation. I don't know. You know what... whatever." Kaminari sighed, shrugged and rolled her eyes, "I've got problems of my own. Let's just get this done. What am I doing next?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Kazuo sighed. Why did no one listen to him? Midori was the only person that did. She may not agree with him completely (and he understood that, it was hard to understand the trust he and J had for one another), but she at least would stop if he said to stop. Kaminari? Nope. She didn't. He rolled his eyes and stopped her. "Fine. You want to know? My father screwed around on my mother, got his mistress pregnant, and I guess my grandfather found out about it and had my father executed over that. I had no idea why my father died. I was never aware of why, and no one would tell me why. And then I learn J knew about it from the beginning. He, my mother, and grandmother elected to keep it from me because of the 'burden.' Back then, I get it. He just elected not to tell me any time since I became an adult, let alone a Captain. So yeah, that's what's going on between me and my brother."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Kaminari liked to know things. She liked to be that person people could confide in. She hated secrets being kept when it was obvious things were bothering those she cared about. She had given in, albeit frustrated because of it, but Kazuo had an outburst of his own about it. "Let me allow that to sink in." she said and thought on all of it, "I have instant reactions to that, but you're a unique case, so I want to let it all swirl around in my head before I reply. And I'm going to, so don't argue." Kaminari closed her eyes and considered Kazuo, considered what she kind of knew about J, considered Yukino, and considered the situation and it's reveal. It actually took her a couple of minutes to collect her thoughts. "You're a noble, a younger sibling, a Captain, and the trust you and your brother have been you has been altered, at least for now. I get why you're mad. Who could blame you? It's a lot to take in."

Kaminari went and sat on the bench about a foot away from him. She put her feet up on the bench and had her knees pressed against her practically non-existent bust, staring thoughtfully at the clouds above. "Sorry. I know I'm stubborn about these things. I just wanted to help." she explained calmly, "You're lucky though. You're this super awesome guy, have this really cool brother, and get to be a Captain. People trust you and adore you. However, no matter how many women think he's hot, they don't trust and adore J. He's strict, stoic, scary. He's one of the more law abiding Captains in the Seireitei. Anyways... rambling over. You and your brother aren't idiots. Have you asked him why he chose to keep it from you? And no, I don't mean the reason that your Mother and Grandfather gave him. That 'burden' shit is something a parent would do, not a brother. What was his reason for it?"
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:29 am

Kazuo's eyes went somewhat wide as Kaminari... agreed with him. That, he had not expected. He had expected her to react like J or Midori did at first. Midori was kind enough to not press the issue. For once, he was glad Kaminari did press. She had a bit of a point, but J had something that sealed what his reasoning was, at least in Kazuo's mind. He knew how close J and Old J were. "He said it was our grandfather's wish to keep it from me. And J and him were very close, so I imagine it's the only reason. I haven't had a chance to ask him directly. I've actually been staying at Midori's because I needed to take a break from being around J. When he broke the news to me, I was close to punching him." Kazuo sighed. "The one thing I know for certain about all of this is that I needed a break from J at that time. He is calm and stoic all the time, and he doesn't quite get social norms. That's why I'm glad he has someone like Lady Maaya. She will teach him what he needs to be taught in the way he needs to be taught. I'm just surprised about how brave she's getting. When she first arrived, she was like a scared kitten. She was unsure of what to do and never bothered any of the staff. A few even had to tell her to stop doing their jobs because she didn't want to bother anyone... J gave her confidence, and in turn she's giving him lessons on how to be social. It's a win-win, I'd say. What about you, Kaminari? Do you have someone special like that?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:32 am

Kazuo's mood shifted and he softened up about it. He didn't seem so defensive anymore, which was good. It was like he thought she was going to be judging him or something. What the hell? That's not what she was there for. She was an outside look in on a big problem. Kaminari was happy to see him open up about it too. She enjoyed listening to him in that moment. She just did not expect him to turn it back to her. For one, there were only a few people that ever really asked her about herself. And for two, none of those who did ever went in that direction. Did she have someone like that?

"Um..." Kaminari went silent, staring at the ground for a bit. She was thinking pretty hard on it, but her expressions was more sad than anything else. She didn't get blushy or shy. She got disappointed. "Not really, no. I have friends that I'm pretty close to, but... a significant other?" Kaminari chuckled sheepishly and shrugged it off, "Like that'll ever happen. Even if I did like someone, it's not like they'd like me back, ya know? I'm the girl that's 'one of the guys.' I-I-I don't get the guy. Nope."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:38 am

Kazuo reached over and... tussled Kaminari's hair. What she said was sad to a point. She had a confidence issue. Maaya would be perfect as a friend for her. "Kaminari, you're not a 'one of the guys' friend. If anything, that'd be Captain Antonovich. You're just really friendly, and so you have a lot of friends. Some of them will see you only as a friend, but there are others that might even be intimidated to approach you. I mean, who wants to be on the girl who is friends with nearly everyone's bad side, huh?" Kazuo gave her a smile. "Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. If someone can meet J's standards and if I can find someone I really like, it shouldn't be too hard for you to find someone. They just have to get the courage to ask you out."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 pm