Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Taken Again [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Taken Again [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Taken Again [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Taken Again [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Taken Again [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Taken Again [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Taken Again [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Taken Again [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Taken Again [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

3 posters

Taken Again [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

Taken Again [Closed] Empty Taken Again [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:50 am

Taken Again [Closed] Header5_zpssk1nglli

Secrets are no fun. Everyone has them, whether it's just an embarrassing memory or a dark thought. A person's secrets be helpful to them, or detrimental. However, what happens when you're carrying the secret of another? Will you be able to keep that secret to yourself? Can you or the person who told you the secret truly trust you not to blab accidentally? Secrets carry all kinds of worry, whether big or small. They can impact a large group of people or just a single life. So what happens when you're carrying someone's secret and you have absolutely no idea? What happens when that secret is close to being revealed and the person the secret belongs to knows, but you're unaware? If it's a big enough secret, a person may go through great lengths to keep it in the dark.

Unfortunately for a young energetic Shinigami, she was the victim in this case. Kaminari Hatakayama, one of the more well-known weaklings of the Gotei 13, was carrying a secret inside of her that a certain group did not want revealed. The Espada, a group of powerful Arrancar, had successfully placed a nest of sorts inside Kaminari's body a long time ago. It's grown and festered within her without anyone figuring it out. Her refusal to go to the doctor was not playing well with her allies since Captain Hayashi would undoubtedly have found it months ago.

As of recently, Kaminari has found herself in pain, having cold sweats, and it being hard to breathe at times. She expressed the concern to her Captain and closest friend, Genpaku, and regretted it quickly. Of course, she was now required to make an appointment to checkup with Midori. She had done so after checking up on her friend Daigoro, and her appointment was today. Unfortunately to the timing of a rather intense incident, Kaminari was not going to be making her appointment. Instead, she was huddled together in a room full of people she considered her friends, but was wary of each one of them now. Kei was off in her own corner, Hanae and Eri had their own corner and were talking, and then there was Nina. Nina was usually rather outgoing, but was instead curled in her own corner of the room and quiet.

Worried about her friend, Kaminari made her way over to Nina and smiled, trying to start up a conversation. Nina's mood wasn't the best at the moment and it was causing Kaminari to be suspicious of her. Nina was always happy. Kaminari being herself, kept trying to push to see if Nina was okay up until the point Nina smacked her hand away.
    "Fuck off, Kaminari. What the hell is your problem?" Kaminari was surprised by the outburst and just raised an eyebrow at her. "I was just trying to see if you're okay." "Well, you're annoying as hell, so why don't you just leave me alone." "Nina... What's wrong?" Hanae spoke up, "You're being a little more than mean."

"How the hell am I being mean!? I asked her to leave me alone and she didn't, so when I call her annoying, it's my fault?" Nina stood up angrily and looked down to Kaminari, "You are always such a pain in the ass. This stupid 'everyone likes me' shit that you do is fucking annoying. Guess what? Not everyone does? You're a nosy piece of shit. Why our Captain even gives you the time of day, I do not know." "NINA!" Hanae grabbed Nina's arm and pulled her away, stepping between the two, "Calm the hell down. What the hell is your problem? She was just worried about you!" "I don't care. When I tell someone to FUCK OFF," Nina yelled at Kaminari, "I expect them to do just that. Not everyone wants to fucking talk, especially to you. When the hell are you going to learn to mind your own god damn business?"

Well, Kaminari understood that she had pushed the wrong button today. Nina's words were hurtful, but weren't the kind that was going to get to her. Kaminari was the type that she'd rather do too much over too little. Here, she had done too much. She stood up from her place on the floor and walked out of the room. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back in ten minutes." she stated before walking out. Hanae went to chase after her, "You aren't supposed to leave!" Kaminari just waved back and continued on. She'd stay in the Tenth Division grounds, but she wasn't going to stay in that room.

As she was about to leave the building they were in, Kaminari stopped as she felt something tugging at the back of her neck. She jumped, immediately freaking out, but when she turned to see what it was, nothing was there. She tried to wave it off as her paranoia, but she could not shake the feeling that something was going very wrong. Before she even realized it, it had. Kaminari found herself staring directly at a wall. Her vision was tunneled and she could not move her own body. It moved on it's own, and from the back of her mind, Kaminari watched her hand place itself against the wall. Within moments, a large dark portal opened up in front of her. And no matter how hard she fought it, how much she tried to retake control of her body, Kaminari was forced to step through what she knew to be a garganta.

Kaminari walked through darkness for some time before she stepped out into a grey desert. There was nothing around that she could see and when she tried to turn her head to look around, she couldn't. The frustration of not being able to control yourself was overwhelming.
    "Oh! Kuro, love, you've brought her to me..." an overly seductive voice came from behind her. Her body kept still as a statue, but luckily someone made their appearance. A woman with long brown hair and violet colored eyes walked in front of her. The woman set her hands on Kaminari's shoulders and forced her into a hug. "Ah, I've missed you. I've been thinking about you ever since our lovely little rendezvous in Lasciel's cave. If only those stupid Shinigami minded their own business, you'd never of had to leave me."

"Shut up, Arachne." a high pitched buggy voice came from a man that Kaminari could barely see. She could make out black hair falling over a shoulder and that was it. She desperately tried to take control of her body, but nothing was working. "Let's get this done before any of them get through the damn garganta." "You can't just close it?" "Not without losing connection to everything else I have out there." "I get to keep her, right?" "Yes, yes. Kurai's orders were clear. You can have her once I'm done." "You damage her too much, I'll kill you." "I know! Will you just shut up? Let's get her away from here."

Within the Seireitei, the moment Kaminari's garganta opened, the sensors in the Twelfth Division went off. They worked quickly to pinpoint the opening and contacted their Captain immediately. In the Captains meeting, there was a sudden interruption. Yamanaka brought her hand to her ear and spoke up over whoever the hell was talking at the time. "Hehehe... I knew I wouldn't be the one regretting not letting me talk. You idiots should have let me talk earlier... As I suspected, they were using a medium to access our realm." Captain Yamanaka explained quickly, listening to the communication coming in, "I don't know why, yet, but they've taken their medium into Hueco Mundo. It is possible they knew we were tracking them. Who was it? Who did they take?" There was a moment of silence and then Reika glanced to Genpaku. "It was Kaminari Hatakeyama. Knew it was someone in your Division... We're apparently working to keep the garganta open, but if anyone wishes to rescue her, it'd be best if it's done quickly. I cannot promise that we can keep it open for long...Hahahaa... if at all."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Taken Again [Closed] Empty Re: Taken Again [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:02 am

Kei was not really in her own corner. She just sat silently, holding her Zanpakutō. She was waiting on someone to talk to her. She was waiting on someone to ask "so who was that lady you were with?" She didn't want people to ask that. She didn't want to think about Yua. The longer she spent away right now, the worse Kei's thoughts became. Her Zanpakutō warmed itself up again. When she tried to stop Kaminari from leaving, the two yelled at one another. Kei, frustrated and tired, admitted defeat.
    "Fine. Just don't go off too far from here. And be back in five minutes." She didn't want Kaminari off alone. She would have gone with her too, but... Kei was just annoyed.

As she was the closest to the Garganta when it opened, Kei immediately felt the energy. She gritted her teeth.
    "Hanae, you're in charge until I return. If I am not back soon, send a Hell Butterfly to Captain Arishima." Kei whisked out the door and began running. She was panicking on the inside... because she was sure something had happened to Kaminari. She didn't see much as she walked around the corner. The main thing she saw... was Kaminari's ponytail going through the Garganta. Kei, wide-eyed and afraid, gritted her teeth. She had gone in once before. She would go in again. This time, however, Kei was prepared. "Reduce all creation to ash... Ryuujin Jakka!"[i] Her sword erupted into flames as she dove through the black portal...

The meeting was nearly over when Reika spoke up. Solomon was not pleased with being interrupted, but the information spoken was enough to abate those concerns. Tsubine began leaking Reiatsu as this went on. Another one. Taken by an Arrancar. His fist grew white-knuckled. Kazuo was aghast at the name spoken. Tsubine's eyes narrowed. If anyone tried to leave at that moment, the Captain-Commander bellowed an echoing order of
    "Stop." Tsubine grabbed his Zanpakutō from the display it was on. "Captain Saionji the Elder, Captain Montgomery, and Captain Yamanaka. You three are to stay here. Captain Yamanaka, focus your efforts on stabilizing or otherwise creating a new way into and out of Hueco Mundo. Captain Saionji the Elder, you are in charge until I return. Lower the walls. We are at war." Tsubine then released the Kidō holding the room silent. "Meeting adjourned."

As the remaining Captains raced out of the meeting room, Tsubine caught up to Lilith.
    "Lilith, when you go in there, you're in charge until I get there. I have a stop I need to make first." Tsubine, his Reiatsu leaking in a way that showed he was not happy. "I will not allow another to be taken by an Arrancar." Tsubine veered off in an odd show of directional awareness. He was heading for the Ninth Division...

Kazuo was ahead of most people. He handed J his haori as he left, saying he didn't want to risk leaving it in Hueco Mundo. Kazuo did slow down on the way there to allow Kaii to catch up. He informed his Third Seat of the situation. Begrudgingly, he said to let Kurisu work with the 12th on this case, but she had to be under direct supervision of Reika or Nobuharu. Kazuo also spoke that after that, Kaii was to use Kazuo's office in the Saionji manor as a hub for the Second's information. He wanted his mother and Lady Maaya protected doubly. As he neared the entrance, he steeled himself for going in.
    "Let's hope you've still got some of that energy, Kaminari."

As Captains, Lieutenants, and others all veered towards the Garganta, the sound of wood being struck echoed across the Seireitei. Shinigami were roused from their sleep. Some were annoyed, some worried. A few in the Eleventh were itching for a fight. War had been declared. This was not just a state of emergency.
    "The Captain-Commander has declared a state of war. Shinigami are to report to meeting grounds and await further orders. I repeat. The Captain-Commander has declared a state of war." Large white chunks of wall slammed down around the Seireitei, forming the imposing sight of the Seireitei's secondary purpose—a fortress. A lone figure, clad in fancy kimono, smiled at the sight. "Ah, and now the curtain draws..." His dark hair shifted in an unseen breeze as he stepped through another black portal...

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:00 am

G E N P A K U . A R I S H I M A

He knew something wasn't right the moment Reika took the message.  Something in his gut twisted, an unnerving tension lodged between his shoulders.  Maybe it was because so much trauma had landed on his own in the past few weeks, or maybe he sensed the barest traces of power coming from his home grounds.  Or maybe it was something simpler, the sheer instinct that things were about to get worse.

And worse they certain got when the Captain of the Twelfth turned to the Captain of the Tenth.

"It was Kaminari Hatakeyama. Knew it was someone in your Division... she said, and for Genpaku Arishima the world grew strangely still.  He blinked once at her as he mind filtered the events of the meeting and Captain Yamanaka's words filtered through his brain.  As he sorted them.  He'd drew in a startled breath, and his fist clenched so tight his knuckles popped and began to turn white.
    We're apparently working to keep the garganta open, but if anyone wishes to rescue her, it'd be best if it's done quickly. I cannot pro-" was all the youngest person in the room, the youngest Captain heard; the rest had been drowned out by a strange roaring sound that had come whistling up in his ears, muting everything.  Indeed, in his mind there was only one clear idea.

Not this time.

He consciously hadn't realized when he started moving.  Something, someone, grabbed hold of his Haori; while he may not have consciously recognized when his motion started, someone else had certainly figured it out.  Lilith had grabbed hold of his Haori; there were words that were called out.  He knew these words, knew what they meant, but he didn't really hear them.  Couldn't hear them.  He couldn't hear anything over the sound in his ears, and over the single idea that rang in his head.

Not this time.

He was free of the grasp as he reflexively used Utsusemi to slip free, the practice motion of hundreds of hours of training taking over.

Not this time.
    Not.  This.  Time.

And then Genpaku Arishima was back in the driver's seat.  He appeared at the door, and he didn't slow down as he crashed his way through the thick planks and the Kidō that had kept sound and sight at bay.  Around him his power roared, called to life by the rage that had ignited at the news the Twelfth Division Captain had felt so inclined to share in such a callous way.  She likely found it amusing.  For the young Shinigami however, they had woken something.

Generally, he was  cautious of his power.  He trained relentlessly to control and harness it.  To bring it in line and keep it from lashing out and harming those around him.  Now though he was not cautious, and he did not care.  He had unconsciously tapped the second set of Shinigami powers that resided in him, that was the source of much that made him strange even by Shinigami standards.  Normally he fought to keep the energy from lashing out and raging, but in this crystalline moment he simply didn't care.  It roared around him in a great torrent, a storm following in his wake, and the only silver lining to be found was that he was moving at such speed that the energy didn't have long to weigh down on anyone; it was too busy trying to keep up.

The garganta was indeed still open, and maybe some few Division members had begun to respond to the strange energy given that the Division was on high alert.  Those closest to the Garganta were rewarded with a sight that had not been seen before, and an idea of exactly what their captain was capable of as his reiatsu, unrestrained for the first time within the Division ground, came crashing in with his appearance.  He appeared on the wall opposite the Garganta, in a strange crouch as he used the solid wall to break some of his momentum as he re-oriented on the portal.  His eyes burned with emerald light, a manifestation of the sheer amount of energy howling through his body.  His eyes burned with light, then they were gone along with him as he took another step and vanished through the portal.

In total, it had taken him six steps.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:29 am

Taken Again [Closed] Death%20Header_zps0oqd4xzu

To what probably would have been his brother's surprise, J was one ready to fight. However, he was not one to rush it. Once Tsubine ordered everyone to stop, J did as he was asked. Lilith tried to stop Genpaku, but even she wasn't fast enough to really grab him. He vanished with his Captain haori in her hand. She didn't care. Let him go. Tsubine knew Lilith was a rebellious one. She gave him a single glance before turning away and releasing her own reiatsu. She followed right after Genpaku, doing her best to keep up with him, but that was a little difficult. J was asked to stay, so he did. He took his brother's haori. "With honor." J said the phrase their grandfather had taught them years ago.

With everyone off to rescue Kaminari, Midori felt it was only right to do her job as a Captain. She trusted everyone else to bring Kaminari back, but at what cost? Midori had to make sure that when they returned they would be taken care of. With those gone, she took a hell butterfly and sent it off to Seiji. Her orders were to wake up ten highly skilled Kaidō users and bring them to a certain location in order to set up a medical camp. When people returned, they would be taken care of immediately. With that, she was off, leaving Reika listening in on her communication device and barking a few orders about getting the machine up and running.
    "We're going to need it." she said and vanished.

When Tsubine caught up to Lilith, she looked to him and nodded. She was going to be in charge? She didn't know if that was the best idea, but thinking about who else was likely going to be there, who knows? Lilith noted the tone in his voice at his last statement. She hesitated for a moment, so she wasn't able to do it, but she had reached out pat his back. She sighed, refocused, and hurried on.

"So what happens when they come through?" Arachne asked, her body leaning carelessly over the still figure of Kaminari. The overly seductive Arrancar was pressed against her. Kaminari's mind was screaming, desperately trying to regain control over her body. She tried moving a finger and nothing happened. She tried moving a toe, her shoulder, a wrist, her nose, and nothing worked. The Arrancar looked into her eyes, brushing her hair back over her ears, and kissed her cheek. This was driving Kaminari up the wall. It was disgusting to her, and it was also extremely confusing. She mentally begged the woman to stop. Kuro stepped around into her vision and raised an eyebrow at Kaminari.

"Well, Arachne... That's why we have her here." Kuro motioned over to a young and quiet girl that sat to the side of the portal, "Which... Yuu. Get up. One is coming." The pink haired Arrancar looked up from the drawing in the sand and readied herself. She could feel someone just outside the portal. Two invisible arms waited a moment and then swung as the unaware Shinigami barely popped her head threw. It happened so quickly that none of the other Arrancar could even tell whether it was a male or female that came through. Kuro knew, only because he recognized the reiatsu that leaked in for that brief moment. However, Kuro didn't realize it until she had been kicked back out of Hueco Mundo.

"Well, ain't she a gutsy o-. Let's go." Kuro and Arachne both turned away from the garganta and rushed out of there. Kaminari's body followed right behind them without any hesitation in it's movements. "You felt that, didn't you?" Arachne asked Kuro, a knowing smile on her face. "Obviously you did as well, you annoying wench. Hurry up. Our camp is over that hill." With a flash, the two vanished and ended up at a camp they had set up. The moment Kaminari caught up, her body slower than theirs, Kuro grabbed her by the hair and threw her down on a stone table. "HEY! I said don't damage her." Arachne shouted, patting down her new toy. "She's fine! Stop with your whining. I have to cut it out."

Kuro began working quickly. Taking out a knife, he cut into Kaminari's side carefully and began removing his festering nest of insects. "So, I have a question, Kuro-dear." Arachne said and he looked up at her annoyed, "This removing your little bugs thing... The point of it was to prevent them from finding out we were infiltrating them, right?" Kuro nodded. "Then... why the hell did Kurai tell you to open up the garganta. You said that once you lose connection to your little friends, they just die out." Kuro stopped his work and looked curiously at Arachne, so she continued. "Well, even if you didn't have a nest in this one, you had multiple bugs throughout the entire Seireitei. Why not just use them?"

Back at the portal, within a few seconds of Kuro and Arachne leaving, there was another energy fast approaching. Yuu could sense it and knew her orders from here. "Flee." she muttered before vanishing and running the opposite way of Kuro and Arachne. On the other side of the garganta, Genpaku was rushing toward the entrance to Hueco Mundo. Upon arrival, he likely saw Kei recovering from her hit and Hanae and Nina hurrying to the scene. As he passed by them in a flash of green and white, Hanae's eyes widened in amazing at the short image of her Captain that barely registered in her head. Nina was not able to see it, but both felt a rush of dizziness wash over them and took time to recover.

"L-Lieutenant!" Hanae called as she tried to catch her breath, "Are you okay?" Hanae helped Kei up, or at least tried to. "Don't follow us. Report back to the Tenth. Hanae, you're in charge." And so the Lieutenant vanished into the portal. Nina and Hanae looked to each other and then back to the portal. They both were ready to disobey orders and were about to run into the portal when both were snatched up by the collars. "Mama bear!" Hanae called out playfully, like a child that had gotten caught doing something bad. Lilith blushed and looked around quickly, glad nobody heard it. Of course, she didn't realize the silent flash was right behind her. "Don't call me that, damn it! Back to your Division."

Lilith sort of tossed the two back toward the Tenth and was about to step in the portal when it shut right in front of her. Like a blink in a TV show, it sort of just popped, vanishing from sight. Lilith reached forward and touched the wall. She knew Gen had gotten through and so had Kei. Was this world trying to give her a fucking heart attack!? "No, no, no, no, no...." she ran her hands along the wall until she accepted the fact that the garganta was no longer there. She clenched her fists and angrily slammed it against the wall. "DAMN IT!" she shouted. "I'm glad we don't need that wall to reopen it." Reika's voice rang out over the group that had not made it through. She chuckled at them.

"To the Twelfth. Now. I can get you in." Reika vanished from the roof that she had landed on and made her way to the Twelfth. Lilith followed hastily, running after the stupid science woman in hopes that this wasn't a trick. As they made their way toward the Twelfth, they passed by Tsubine, who had his shoulder grabbed and was dragged toward the Twelfth as well. "Portal closed. Genpaku, Kei, and Kaminari were the only ones that made it through." she explained quickly. Soon, the left over group arrived at the Twelfth Division. Reika was greeted by a large group of Shinigami, all holding files. Though she was weird, Reika was actually loved by her own men and no one fucking knew why.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Kazuo had, thankfully, been behind Lilith when Reika spoke up. She had just been called an embarrassing nickname. He would have pointed it out had this been a less serious situation. Hearing where he needed to go, Kazuo disappeared again and headed to the 12th.

Kei took a second to recover from the punch to her face. Her nose hurt like a bitch. Not like the bitch who punched her would though. Snarling, she had to control her anger to not snap at Hanae. It was hard, but Kei wasn't an idiot. She was able to do it and she inhaled deeply as she once again darted in. This time, she immediately ducked as she exited, hoping Gen had taken care of the attacker. She saw her Captain standing ahead of her. Kei ran over to him, flames turning the sand into glass.
    "Captain. Which way do we go?" Kei spoke with a resolve Genpaku had probably never heard before.

Tsubine had left the Ninth Division relatively quietly. A few people knew his Reiatsu. Some of the lower ranked members near the apartment he visited began to gasp for air as he stayed almost too long. He hesitated on a rooftop for a moment, thinking on if he should go and see someone else. He decided against it. Just in time too, as Lilith caught him and told him the new plan. Tsubine nodded along and joined them. He went on the rooftops as well, not giving a damn about his own law. As they arrived where Reika led them, Tsubine looked around, not noticing anything particularly new.
    "Captain Yamanaka, I take it you have something that can get us in Hueco Mundo?"
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:24 am

Genpaku stepped through the darkness of the Garganta, eyes focused ahead as he raced to the other opening.  He stepped out into an endless night under a strange sky; understandably, this was the first time the young Shinigami had ever set eyes on the White Desert.  He immediately cast his gaze around; whoever had taken Kaminari had already fled the area.  There wasn't much in the way of detectable energies float about, which mostly made him a beacon.  A few moments after he'd arrived, Kei came running in after him.  She'd already released her Zanpakutō, and she looked ready to go to war.

Which was good, because that was quickly becoming the plan.

A moment later, the Garganta collapsed.  He looked back at Kei, then at the space where the portal had been.  He took a breath, closed his eyes a moment; a voice laid out things in cold logic for him, the voice of a mentor who had no concern for the rage that roiled through the young Shinigami.  He and his Vice-Captain were now stranded in the home world of soul eating monsters.  They were the only things putting out any significant amount of reiatsu as far as could be detected.  There was no guarantee when help would arrive, or an exit would be created.  They needed to move with caution.

Pity that he didn't care all that much.  Someone was going to pay for this.

He looked down then, at the ground around them.  A set of tracks led off in one direction.  Three other headed opposite.  He'd caught sight of a figure fleeing in the direction of the single set of tracks; it wasn't carrying anything, and it didn't have the right frame to be Kaminari.

“We follow the trail,” he said, pointing to the set of tracks of three individuals.  Genpaku wasn't much of a tracker by nature, but in this endless desert of sand the disturbed earth stood out well enough for him to see.
    “Be on guard; we're in enemy territory, and I doubt the one that ran in the opposite direction will wait long to rejoin her comrades and attempt to kill us.  Be ready for the sucker punch.  Let's move.”

He wanted to shunpo then; to simply cover as much ground as he could.  However, he wouldn't leave Kei that far behind; leaving her alone would all but be inviting attack.  He'd wait until he had sight on the enemy, and move from there.  So instead he took off running under his own power; to be fair, his running speed was equivalent to many others using Shunpo so he was going to cover distance well enough.  This way, Kei could keep up.  They'd be more of a threat together than split up anyway.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:26 am

"So how is the extraction coming?" It was a quick process. Kuro had done this hundreds of times. He sliced through her flesh, tore through muscle, and snapped two of her ribs all to get through to a ball of solidified reiryoku. The ball housed thousands of his insects and acted like a nest. It had grown quite large. "I've got it. It's bigger than any of the ones I've made before." Kuro explained as he ripped the ball out from Kaminari's body. It had attached to the side of her lung and was being held there by energy alone. Luckily, pulling it out did not tear Kaminari's lung apart. Normally, he would have done that, but Kurai has orders to give this girl over to Arachne for some god forsaken reason. "Why are you so obsessed with her anyway?" Kuro asked, receiving an uncaring shrug in reply.

"He's in." she said in reference to the recently appearing reiryoku. It was someone extremely powerful from what Arachne could tell. She had an itch to fight right then, but she knew who had claimed the upcoming battle. Kuro set the ball at the side of Kaminari's head and stared down at her. "Any time now. You feeling it yet?" he asked the frozen girl that lay before him. Kaminari began regaining control of her body and her expression showed it. Her jaw began to clench as the pain slowly set in. "That thing Arachne put inside of you. Do you have any idea how much trouble it's caused for your friends?" Kuro chuckled at her and held it up in front of her face, "It's a nest for my friends. Let me take control of people, including the guy who tried to kill you. Did you know that?"

Kaminari's face continued to distort until finally every ounce of pain set in. She was going to scream, but Kuro put his hand over her mouth. "The best part was realizing when you hated going to the doctor. Your brown haired friend with the huge tits? Yeah, she would have found it so quick. Instead, I got to have my fun. I raped Kei, almost killed Hanae, got that singing Captain killed by making him rape some other girl too. Sakura Hayashida? You know her yet? You should... It's your fault that everything happened. Hidan is going to jail. Ryuusei Saionji is in jail. And so many others. Those are just the names you might recognize! Hahahaha. So amazing. Thanks Kaminari. You were a perfect medium." Kuro leaned in and kissed Kaminari's cheek before kicking her off the side of the table.

Upon hitting the ground, Kaminari let out a pained shriek that filled the stale air of the White Desert.
    "What did I say about damaging her?!" Arachne ran around to the opposite side of the table and laid Kaminari down, who didn't attempt to fight. Instead, she stared blankly at the woman that was aiding her. "You put it inside of me." she stated dully, her spirit broken. "You remember yet? It was last year when you were here. Killed the bastard guarding you cause the fucktard wouldn't back down from Lasciel's orders... and shoved it down your throat." Kaminari just shook her head, her lifeless eyes still staring at Arachne. "Don't worry, cutie." Arachne said and kissed her cheek before running her fingers through Kaminari's hair, "You'll be coming home with me very, very soon."

Back in the Seireitei, Reika Yamanaka led the other Captains to the Twelfth. Upon arrival, she was greeted by her people who explained that everything was ready and everyone was in place. "Yes, I do Commander." Reika replied and motioned for people to follow before running down a large hallway, "I knew we would need it sooner or later. It takes quite a bit of power to run, so the faster this is done the better. Now..." Reika slid to a stop after hurrying through two massive doors. The room was filled with multiple seated Shinigami standing in two lines along the walls. They were each near a strange mechanism that had a thin slot open on the top and had multiple lines running from them to a large gate-like opening. "Alright, is everyone ready?" "YES, CAPTAIN YAMANAKA!"

"Captain Antonovich, you're the only one here with a strong connection to the two that went in, so I need you to stand right here. There's some seriously cliche shit about to happen here." Lilith stood in front of the gate where Reika pointed and waited. "Together now! Key one!" The first set of Shinigami unsheathed their zanpakutos and slid them into the slots at the same time. "Key two." The process was repeated up to key four and then Reika pulled out her own Zanpakutō and slid it into one larger machine. The gate lit up and a heavy amount of reiatsu filled the area, enough to make the room vibrate. Reika went over to Lilith and smiled. "Now here is the cliche shit." Reika pointed at the gate, "You want your kids, go get your kids. Concentrate on them, you enter first and the others follow."

Lilith raised an eyebrow at Reika, wondering if she was actually serious. "Look! It works through connection, okay? Where you want to go, is where it should take you. Otherwise, you end up in some random area in Hueco Munodo thousands of miles in the opposite direction!" Reika explained, flailing her arms in irritation, "I know you've marked those two with whatever your fucking Zanpakutō does, so that makes the connection even stronger. NOW GO!" Lilith blinked and rushed through the gate. She disappeared into what looked like the wall behind the contraption with large ripples going outward toward the rim. "Wait!" Reika told the rest. Once the ripples stopped, the gate lit up to see Lilith running through the White Desert. "Now go." Reika smirked cockily as they went. "I'm so awesome."
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:40 am

"You'll be coming home with me very, very soon." said the spider to the fly.
    “No,” said the storm.

In that moment, in the silence after Arachne's statement, the situation changed.  Following that statement, like thunder after lighting, came a foot flashing out in a vicious kick.  It wasn't a kick meant to break bones though; it was a sweeping kick meant to shove someone and Genpaku connected with Arachne's skull as he pivoted, balanced on his left arm.  The strike peeled Arachne away from Kaminari's prone form; that was when the Shinigami's reiatsu crashed down on the area.  He continued the motion his leg had started and rolled his hips, transitioning to his other arm as he lashed out with a back kick aimed at Kuro's center of mass.  While both strikes were meant to create space rather than break bone, to say they lacked force would be greivously incorrect.  With a motion Genpaku disappeared; he moved all of six inches as his feet came to rest on the desert floor next to Kaminari.  He reached down with a hand, a green energy surrounding it as he held it over the open wound.  How familiar a scene this was.

It had been the scream that had spurred Genpaku to violent action.  He hadn't wanted to leave Kei behind, and in truth she shouldn't have been far behind.  But when that scream broke the silence of this damned place, his restraint broke with it.  He had flown forward, taking another step and closing the distance at such speed that his reiatsu had not registered in the area until after he'd acted.  Now he knelt near Kaminari, eyes going between the two Arrancar.  In those eyes, something dwelt.

To call it hate was to lose the true sense of it; it would be like looking upon the Earth from space and calling it simply pretty.  To those eyes, the eyes of this young and seemingly happy captain, the two Arrancar weren't people.  They didn't have emotions or lives or history.  They weren't even animals, because animals at least possessed some modicum of dignity, or purpose, and redeeming factors.  They were things to be destroyed.  While many Shinigami possessed hate or dislike for Hollow's and their kind it was rare to find something like this, something so raw and feral in its strength.

“I'd tell you to run and that I'd let you go, but that would be a lie.  So if you tell me which one of you controlled her I'll at least know who to give the swifter death.”

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:07 am

Kei hadn't intended to be left in the dust either. But Genpaku was Genpaku. Even she didn't know how fast he was—except that he was faster than she. Kei sped up too as she heard the scream. It split her ears and made the pain of her nose disappear. It was Kaminari's voice, after all. Kei could see part of Kaminari as she appeared on the table Gen was now behind. Kei stared hard at the two Arrancar. Glass formed at her feet as flames encircled her. She snarled at the one farthest away, waving her sword in a wide downward arc.
    "Taimatsu!" Kei yelled out, fire surging forth from her blade.

A wave of flames rushed forth toward Arachne. It looked more like a suspended river than an actual wave. It snaked up and down as it barreled towards the Arrancar. It was a wide attack, one that could (and would) be easily dodged. And as predicted, it was dodged. The wave of fire passed by Arachne easily. As a fist exited the fire, the true motive of the attack changed.

Kei, her Shihakkusho's fringes smoldering, emerged from the fire, aiming to punch Arachne in the face. She had followed the fire, using it as a cover. No one expects someone to be inside of fire. Kei, extremely emotional at this point, gave no fucks about any damage the fire did to her. She was going to burn anything in her way to ash. Kei continued the barrage of hand-to-hand attacks with a flurry of kicks and elbow strikes mostly to Arachne's body.

Tsubine and Kazuo were entirely unimpressed by the show Reika put on. Reika's Lieutenant, however, was enthralled. He had been working on something else while Reika's team handled this. Nobuharu, for all of his genius, was effectively looking for a vaccine. He had snuck Kurisu into this lab as he felt it open up. Kurisu would like that sort of thing, right? She was smart and pretty! What a catch. Tsubine was the first to attempt to follow Lilith. He was nearly there when Reika yelled to stop. He glanced back, annoyed. Once she was satisfied, he darted back through. Kazuo nodded his thanks to Reika and darted into the portal. Tsubine was right behind Lilith soon after exiting. Kazuo had already discarded his red Shihakkusho top.
    "Lilith, any sign of where they a—" Tsubine dullfaced at the horizon. "I'm going to assume it's the direction of that fire."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:09 am

It came as quick as the wind and as hard as a charging bull. Arachne's head barely twitched to turn toward the incoming kick before her skull had been bashed into. She had no ability to brace herself and was sent flying. Her body rolled along the sands until it slammed into a large piece of fallen ruin to stop her. About thirty feet away from her original position, Arachne wiped a bit of blood from a scrape on her cheek and glared at the newcomer. Her guard now up, Arachne felt the wave of heat come at her and was able to move out of the way on time. However, a fist seeped its way through in an attempt to catch her off guard. Arachne's hand quickly came up as she moved her body to the side. Grabbing onto Kei's wrist, Arachne used the momentum the woman already had to throw her away.

Kuro felt a tiny bit of wind when the silver haired one arrived. He was able to keep up, just barely, with this man's movements as he suddenly disappeared. Being a coward, Kuro took a step away from Genpaku at the perfect time to lessen the blow. The guys foot hit his chest, sending him back about forty feet with the help of his own momentum. Kuro stared for only a moment at the anger in that Shinigami's eyes. He took note of the intent to heal the girl over attack both he and Arachne and decided this was a good time to fucking book it! Kuro turned on his heel in about a second since Genpaku began his healing and darted off in the direction of his leader. That was going to be the only safe place now. (Un)fortunately, in his panic, he left behind a piece of evidence he needed destroyed.

Arachne put her hands on her hips and leaned left and right, her back popping. She did the same to her neck as the fire starter recovered and then sighed.
    "So, you're the boyfriend, hm?" Arachne smiled toward Genpaku and kept eyeing Kei. She knew this was going to be a fight, one that, with the arrival of Genpaku, she probably could not win. Noticing Kuro had abandoned her, she raised an eyebrow. "What a fucking bitch!" Arachne shouted out loud enough that Kuro could barely hear her as he fled the scene. She thought to run too, but she had orders she had to follow and was not going to allow her prize to be taken away. Arachne pulled her Zanpakutō from its sheath and called on it in unison, "Bite. Kumo no kōgō." Her body twisted and turned, contorting and becoming larger by the second.

Within a second, Arachne had completely transformed into the large, unfortunately shirtless, web-slinging half-spider that she was. "Sorry, kid." Arachne skittered toward Genpaku quickly, her speed having increased greatly from before, "But I like that one and you're not taking her back from me!" Arachne went to swing a heavily armored claw downward at Genpaku's back, having come up behind the young man. At the same time, she made sure to shoot out a string of web toward Kei in an attempt to trap the woman. Fighting two people was not what she ever wanted to do, but she didn't have a choice. Luckily, she was fast enough that she knew she could at least avoid one of them. The guy, she really was not sure of now and the woman's fire was going to be something to keep an eye out for.

Kaminari had not even sensed Genpaku coming. It wasn't that she couldn't feel his energy. She was distracted, so until he showed up she had no idea he was there. She watched Arachne get kicked back away and could barely keep up with Genpaku himself. He landed next to her and immediately began healing her. She stared up at him as he stared out at the two that had taken her. "Four times is way too many." she said playfully, but her dull eyes spoke a very differnet language. Kaminari struggled to bring her hand up to Genpaku's and laid it over his hand.
    "If I make it out of here... I am going to cook you the biggest meal I can think of, okay? No letting me forget." Kaminari's defeated tone became obvious. She closed her eyes and the smile faded as she fell unconscious, her hand sliding off of his.

Elsewhere...

"He has silver hair, not black." a tiny Arrancar spoke up about a mile off the scene. Yuu was seemingly floating in the air, the invisible arms that were her power holding her, Malachi, and a certain red headed demon up off the sand to get a good view. "I see that." Kurai clenched her fists angrily, her left eye twitching as very small flames ignited around the two of them for brief moments, "Just wait. He'll show up." Moments into the fight, as the two onlookers observed the scene below them, Kurai felt a few more powerful energies entering Hueco Mundo. Kurai smirked and turned that direction. "Perfect." she muttered before flicking her wrist as a signal to her two followers to get moving. Kurai moved quicker than both of them. Her energy flaring up in the very instant that she appeared.

When Lilith arrived she immediately began running toward Kei's energy signature. Genpaku's kind of felt like it was everywhere, so it was harder to pinpoint. Thank god for her little girl. Tsubine and Kazuo soon joined him after that and the two kept their paces up. Unfortunately, the sudden release of energy did not give Lilith time to react to the incoming attack at all. A flash of red suddenly appeared in front of her and slammed into her chest with a force that she had not remembered feeling before. Lilith felt her stomach sink in on itself and her breath escaped her throat as her body was sent flying back into the man behind her. Tsubine and Lilith were both sent flying about one hundred yards before Lilith was able to straighten out and she still rolled for some time before pushing herself to her feet.

"Okay." she said through quite a bit of pain as the air was knocked out of her, "That... was awesome." Lilith hurried back to her feet and rushed back to where she had been, glancing momentarily back at Tsubine to check on him. She figured he was fine, but who knows? Once the two arrived back near Kazuo, there were three Arrancar standing in front of them. "You're the so-called commander, right?" she smirked and crossed her arms confidently along her chest. Yuu spread out the invisible arms she had coming from her back to surround her comrades. Just in case someone tried something before Kurai decided it was okay, she was there to defend them. The arms spread over them like a wave breaking onto a shore, ready to go at any moment. "How have you enjoyed my game?"
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:40 am

Genpaku didn't seem to much register the words of the Arrancar, as Kaminari's words were worth infinitely more than talking garbage. In some ways, he didn't even seem to really register Arachne's transformation until she came scuttling forward. He gave Kaminari a small smile, as best he could at the time, before she faded into unconsciousness.

Once more a solid voice spoke up, laying out several points of cold logic for the angry young man to take into consideration.
    First; he, Kaminari, and Kei were now stranded in the heart of the monster's home, a realm that they had no easy way out of from here.
    Second; barring a miracle they were not going to have any kind of backup, either anytime soon or potentially ever.
    Third; given the barren landscape they were the most noteworthy thing anywhere around, which meant they were attracting a lot of attention. Behind enemy lines, that was a bad thing.
    Fourth; One of the immediate threats had fled, but it could double back or draw an enemy force back to them.
    Fifth; the remaining enemy was now attempting to kill him.

Genpaku reached down, bundling up Kaminari in his arms as Arachne aimed to split his spine. She found empty air as Genpaku moved both himself and Kaminari a dozen feet away from the attacker. Genpaku could have covered much more distance, but he had to start moving carefully; it was unclear how long they were going to remain in conflict now. That said, he was decently sure Kei could take this Arrancar. Which wasn't to say he couldn't help; he held up his hand towards Arachne, a yellow light suddenly swelling.

“Bakudō #30; Shitotsu Sansen.” He drew a quick triangle before the spikes flew out in an attempt to bind Arachne in place so that Kei could finish her.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:37 pm

Kei recovered from the throw with a flip. She hadn't expected the throw, but it was something she was trained against. Arachne fled back towards Genpaku and Kaminari. Kei snarled. She darted forth, attempting to cut Arachne off. It didn't work. Arachne ended up in front of Kei and between her and Kaminari. Genpaku, Kei wasn't too worried about. He could dodge or even endure her fire. Kaminari couldn't.
    "Captain, behind you!" Kei yelled out at Gen as the now-transformed Arachne tried to slash at him. Kei narrowly avoided the web that was shot at her.

Genpaku fired off a Kidō at Arachne, which was dodged too. She was a fast one. Kei knew she couldn't keep up with. Not normally at least. She would have to fightly double as Genpaku was burdened with carrying Kaminari.
    "Captain, face Kaminari away from me! Now!" Once Genpaku complied, Kei stood still for only a moment. "Bankai." The flames that danced around Kei faded away. "Zanka no Tachi." When Kei stepped, the ground became brittle, melted glass. The glass had formed then had been melted then cooled in a hot moment. The moisture within a mile of Kei simply began to vanish. She was making this more desert-like than it already was.

Smoke escaped from Kei's mouth as she opened it to breathe. Her eyes were no longer brown or even white. They were replaced with a flickering of gold and red.
    "You will not have her." Kei, slightly faster due to the release of Bankai, appeared beside Arachne. Kei swung, attempting to remove half of Arachne's legs in a single fell swoop. Even if Arachne dodged, she would still feel the heat shockwave of the blade. It was like standing too close to a campfire. Painful, but not damaging.

Kazuo glanced to the side of him when he saw the flash of red. He expected it to be Lilith. No one, not even the Captain-Commander was there. He turned around to see the drag marks in the sand from where the Captain-Commander and Lilith had been thrown. His eyes went wide in surprise. Tsubine tumbled behind Lilith. He inadvertantly got a sniff of her shampoo in the moment they were practically on top of one another. Was that—and a mouthful of sand. Tsubine spat out sand and groggily stood. He shook his head like a dog coming out of the rain to get the remaining sand out. Tsubine saw the figure standing where they had once been. His eye twitched. Tsubine arrived slightly before Lilith. He was standing in front of the other two Captains now, listening to the Arrancar.

The two's Reiatsu battled. In some areas, red and gold sparks clashed as the Reiatsu of the Arrancar matched the Captain-Commander's own.
    "Yes." Tsubine, his hand moving down to his sword, responded with pure vitrol. A game? "If you call something like this a game, you have no idea what entertainment truly is. You may be strong, but you are nothing more than yet another Arrancar." Tsubine drew his blade, golden energy dancing down its length. "I have killed many of your kind before. Now will be no new exception if you do not let us pass. We will get her back, with or without your blood staining the sands here." Tsubine was either going to kill this Arrancar now or later. She just had the fortunate choice of when it was going to happen.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 pm

Arachne was not happy about the seemingly effortless dodge that this silver haired Shinigami pulled off.  Her claw met nothing but air and she saw him reappear at the corner of her eye. He began calling out some numbered spell; she was aware of some of the minor spells Shinigami had. Well, at least that they always numbered them. She'd never be able to identify one. All Arachne saw was the incoming triangles and decided they were probably too dangerous to allow to hit her. She quickly hopped backwards, her eight legs carrying her quickly and moving in tangent with each other. She stopped about thirty feet back away from him, widening the gap between her and the male opponent. However, the gap between Arachne and the second woman had not been increased by much.

The wave of heat and power that filled the area reminded Arachne of someone. "Interesting." she thought as she felt the woman's power increase. Arachne readied herself, the woman's power-up giving her enough time to prepare for the incoming attack. The black haired Shinigami attempted to slice through her legs, but the broad swing was obvious and a leap was all Arachne needed. She jumped upwards and out of the way of the initial sweep of the woman's sword. The leap carried her about ten feet above Kei, giving Arachne a nice position for a counter attack. Arachne quickly spewed a massive amount of sticky spider web from one of her claws in order to contain the woman. The other shot a string of web back toward a collapsed ruin. Once it connected, Arachne pulled herself toward it.

She landed about fifty feet away from both of them and eyed them angrily. There was a fierce determination in her eyes as her gaze fell upon the small woman in Genpaku's arms. However, there was also a sort of worry as well.
    "I... I can't let you take her! She is MINE." Arachne yelled, her possessive nature showing as she shouted at Genpaku with desperation in her voice, "I've already lost her once; I will not lose her again!" Arachne watched both of them carefully, preparing herself.

For that brief moment of contact while Lilith and Tsubine were busy recovering, Kurai eyed Kazuo as if she were daring him to try something against her. She wasn't throwing her reiatsu around, yet, and she was itching for a fight. However, that did not happen and Tsubine came forward with Lilith right behind him.
    "You're right. I don't know what entertainment truly is. You see, we Arrancar have to make it up on our own and it is in our nature to be a little... violent." Kurai then let her reiatsu leak out to show her power and the battle between energies began, gold and red colliding like electricity in the air. Kurai glanced to the blade Tsubine pulled out and then tilted her head. "Her? Oh! You mean the little brown haired girl? Nah. She'll be staying. I doubt she'll want to go home."

"And what is that supposed to mean?" Lilith spoke up, dusting off her stomach and actually admiring the light bruise that was forming on her stomach. She even tapped Tsubine's shoulder and pointed at it. "I haven't had one of these in forever!" she giggled excitedly. Kurai smirked at that. Another woman who enjoyed battle maybe? Cool. If only they were the same damn race. "My little spider minion wants her. For a while it was annoying as hell, but she's seriously obsessed with that girl. She has been ever since Lasciel went rogue and snatched her up a year ago. Oh, and from what I've had another minion of mine figure out, I don't think your friend will want to leave here once she realizes what is going on. And since you're all racist, I don't think you'll trust her anyway."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:34 am

Genpaku's eyes, two points of emerald light, followed the Arrancar's movements as the battle continued. But his eyes didn't follow only her; as much as his hate had burned and brought him to this place, he was rapidly restoring logic to the situation they found themselves in. He had to control his temper and anger here, or else all he'd likely end up doing was getting all three of them killed as he tried to destroy every last thing within a hundred miles. It was with that logic being set back in place that Genpaku first truly took in the scene before them.

It looked like an outdoor operating room.

The wound Kaminari had sustained was not something done with claws or barbaric sword swings; it was a precise incision. The tools of it were still on the table. And something else was there too; some object covered in blood. Given the state of everyone involved when he'd shown up, he felt safe in assuming that it was something that had originally been in Kaminari. That...was mildly disturbing. And exactly the kind of thing that would prove invaluable, provided the lot of them could get out of this situation. He took another step as Arachne moved, moving past the table as he moved to a new position.

As he passed, his swiped up the object in passing and wrought a barrier around it. Genpaku wasn't that practiced at barrier Kidō when you came right down to it, but a simple container like what he'd just made wasn't the hardest of things to create either. The containing barrier holding the object was swiped and slipped into a pocket Genpaku had sewn into his uniform long ago, so quick maybe no one noticed. He certainly wasn't giving Arachne time to notice as he reappeared opposite his original position to Kei, finger raised and pointed in her direction.

“Bakudō #4, Hainawa,” he called as the yellow rope of energy rushed outwards towards the spider-like Arrancar.
    “I've nearly lost her four times to your kind, so you best take the hint. Your. Kind. Will. Never. Have. Her.” he said; her desperation was matched in his tone by his conviction. As for who was more determined to see their will wrought, well that was what this battle was about in the end was it not?

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Kei ducked the web's shot, annoyed her attack had missed. This woman was dodging like crazy. Well, if you could call this Arrancar a woman. She eyed Arachne, her sword lowering to be able to strike. Kei was with Genpaku on this one. Arachne wouldn't have Kaminari. She reacted not to Genpaku's Kidō, but Arachne's response. Kei appeared behind Arachne, only a few inches away from being able to stand on the Arrancar's large back half. She did not scream or let out a howl to alert Arachne. Only the heat would give her away as the sword plunged down towards spiderbitch's new appendage. 

Kazuo gave Tsubine a quick look. He had the opportunity to go on ahead. Tsubine gave a quick nod. The hatted Arrancar sighed as he looked behind him to see Kazuo darting towards the battlefield. He gave Kurai a slight glance that showed that he didn't really want to go out there, but he knew he had no choice.
    "Don't worry, I've got 'im." The hatted Arrancar disappeared in a flourish. Kazuo and the man exchanged a few words before an interesting battle began. Tsubine couldn't help but notice Kazuo grab onto the man's hat and it didn't come off. Odd.

Tsubine was not impressed with the bruise like Lilith was. No, it brought back memories. Bad memories. It brought back a fight he shouldn't have won. It brought back someone stronger than he was. His grip tightened. The sand beneath him began to quake.
    "I think you're wrong." Tsubine shook his head. "Nah, I know you are. Some of us are a little more hardheaded than others—some more literally," Tsubine's voice was directed to Lilith for a moment. "We're quite varied, honestly. Not all of the Shinigami have the same hatred as I do. And if there's one thing that little girl you decided to take has... it's friends. People that would try to fight me for her. Unfortunately, you just happen to have two of those people here." Genpaku and Lilith's nose should have itched at that moment. "I'm giving you another chance. Stand aside... or I'll unleash the hell of an angry mother on you two." Tsubine then gestured with his thumb back towards Lilith

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:04 am

It seemed everyone in this battle were quick on their feet, no matter how many they had. Arachne’s determination was met with an equal amount, doubled if she chose to count the other woman in the area, but that one hadn’t spoken. As the yellow rope shot out at Arachne, her instinct was to whack it away from her, thinking it no more than a whip of sorts. To her dismay, the rope coiled around her arm and tightened down like a constrictor around its dinner. Before she had a chance to break free, the other vanished from her sight. Arachne guessed where the woman would go and looked back to see her swing her sword down to plunge it in her back appendage. Luckily for Arachne, the sword didn’t even dent it. This woman had no ability to break her armor, as Arachne expected.

Taking no change, Arachne shot a large mass of web from her backside before Kei would have the correct time to process what happened and react correctly. The web shot out at her, aiming for her center mass to make the strike easier and to allow the sticky substance to contain her more. "The longer this takes, the worse it will get for both of you." As if on cue, the army she had expected to arrive much earlier showed up. A menos grande popped up out of the sand about three hundred feet away from the group and began making its way there. Next to it, coming out of the hole it created, were about five small gillian hollow and one adjuchas level. Arachne made sure to keep pulling against the rope around her arm in order to prevent herself from being put off balance, but kept mind of Kei.

"I don't want this to go on any longer than it has to, damn it. Unless she gets help, she's going to keep bleeding internally anyway with what that fuck-head likely did to her." Arachne glanced for a brief moment over to the incoming hollow, "I suggest you make up your mind soon. Leave her here, or all of you are going to die. One life or three? Pretty sure your Mom isn't going to be happy if you guys die over her." Arachne suddenly began whining and stomped her spidery feet. She glanced back to Kei and chose then to rip the Kidō off of her arm. Once it was removed, she walked over to Kei, reached out, and pulled the web off of her. "If you're going to go, go now! Hit me or something so it at least looks like I was fighting... Just don't let her die, got it?" Arachne stood and waited for an attack.

Lilith wasn’t exactly impressed. It was like something tickled her funny bone. It was rare someone actually hurt her. In reality, she was pissed off, so when Tsubine gestured back to her, Lilith took that moment to released her reiatsu over the area. Though Kurai and Tsubine would be unaffected by it, Yuu felt its effects pretty clearly. She put her hand over her chest and took a few moments to regain her composure. “Don’t think I get distracted easily for very long. You caught me off guard, that’s it. It won’t happen again.” Lilith readied herself to battle alongside Tsubine. In that moment, something changed in Kurai’s eyes. She looked back and forth between them, sensed Malachi’s distance, and could even sense the incoming Kuro. He had obviously abandoned Arachne to fight those other two alone.

"This did not go as planned. I figured after getting your friend killed last year, you wouldn't dare allow any of your comrades to take such a risk. It's funny actually, isn't this similar to then?" Kurai's eyes widened for a second when she realized that, "You and another Captain fighting side by side against someone as powerful as Ana was. The last one died and apparently you're willing to risk that again. Of course, I remember what happened to Ana. I will kill you for that, but today will not be that day. If you wish to save your little minion, go on." Kurai grabbed Yuu and pulled her to the side as she moved to the side to let the two pass, "Leave my people alone while you're going too. You attack them... and I will join in. You'll lose more than I will, understand that."
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 pm

It seemed their opponent had a rather tough hide as Kei closed in on the opening Genpaku had afforded her.  Her strike landed, but couldn't find the purchase it needed to cause injury.  Arachne used the opening to trap Kei, and threw out a comment at him about how time was not on their side.  Genpaku was well aware of this fact, and at last some of the Arrancar's reinforcements began to appear.  The young captain's eyes swept over the assembling forces, the enemy before him, and h is ally now trapped.  The body of his friend sat heavy in his arm.

Arachne kept pressure on the Kidō, but she didn't need to.  In all honesty, she was able to break the Kidō any time she wanted since Genpaku had released his hold on the rope.  His free hand moved down and wrapped firmly around the hilt of one of his Zanpaku-tous.  With no fanfare he pulled the blade free of its sheath, and as it came it changed.  The shape of his twisted, entirely losing the shape of a katana and becoming something strange.  Raiden sat calmly in his hand, but he had no intention of using it in the traditional sense.  As the other Hollows began to move, he held the blade out to his side.  If he used Raiden's Bankai, he could handle most of the incoming Hollows long before they became a valid threat.

There was just one problem with that plan.

Kaminari was already battered, and even if she hadn't been standing at ground zero of a Captain's Bankai was likely more than she could take.  Let alone something like Genpaku was putting out at the moment; he was having to work to keep the energies of his Reiatsu from bearing down on the whole area as it was.  His control was coming along at an exceptional pace, but he wasn't at the point where he was going to be able to keep this up much longer.  He was either going to need to seal off his power once more or start making use of it.  Ideally he could send Kei with Kaminari out of the area and handle it from there, but given that Kei was currently locked in place as well that wasn't much of an option.  Really, he just had the threat of releasing his Zanpakutō; it was a hollow one at that.

Then the situation changed.  Arachne ripped the Kidō off and turned to Kei.  Genpaku watched her intently; given everything he'd seen of the arrancar it didn't seem like she was going for an attack as she turned.  If she was, she was presenting her back to him and given the speed he'd shown thus far she knew she'd likely be on the receiving end of a painful gift.  Sure enough his hunch turned out correct as Arachne pulled the web off and told them to flee; that Kaminari needed medical attention.  Genpaku's face became a mask; he knew that, but he couldn't fathom why the enemy would care.  Frankly, it wasn't something the young Captain was psychologically equipped to work out or handle at the moment.

Which wasn't to say he wasn't going to take advantage of the opening.

“Kei,” he warned as he swung his arm forward, not in a strike but a gesture.  The dry air around him seemed to draw in.
    “Tenran,” he called out as a cyclone of wind rushed out from his outstretched hand.  That cyclone whipped up the sand of the desert and sent it forth, straight through Arachne and on towards the oncoming Hollows.  Hopefully that gave them enough time to break from them.  He turned and started off the fight, moving toward the location of the reiatsu signatures that had cropped up in the distance.  Strangely, it was also in the direction the last Arrancar had ran as well.  Genpaku moved quickly, but didn't move to leave Kei behind.  If Arachne or any of the other Hollows attempted to intercept them the would get a rather nasty surprise.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:28 am

Kei, although she didn't puncture the beast's hide, did scorch it. Before she had a chance to rev up her flames, Kei was thrown to a building with web across her torso. She waited, seeing the Arrancar dart to another wall. Kei would have burnt away her clothing, destroying the web in the process. It would be a showy, but surprising move. And then... Arachne didn't want Kaminari to die? Kei raised an eyebrow as the Arrancar begged for them to save her. Genpaku ordered Kei to his side after Arachne pulled the web off. Kei looked at the Arrancar as she passed over to Gen's side. She removed a glove. And then, she punched Arachne in the jaw. Arachne's face now would have a burn mark from the punch. It'd heal, but it would look convincing for now. As soon as she did so, Kei gloved herself again. She was only holding back because Kaminari's safety was priority one. Kei followed Gen with an angry look on her face, silent as a mountain.

Sparks rang from the back of Tsubine's head. His hair stood up like an angry tiger. The grip on his sword went white. Tsubine was about to kill this bitch. He wasn't going to risk Lilith like this. His teeth were bared, his Reiatsu pulsing. Tsubine hesitated for a moment. He couldn't risk Lilith. Or Kazuo. Or Genpaku. Or Kei. Or Kaminari. He couldn't. Not again. He mouthed a swear to himself, then motioned for Lilith to follow him.
    "Lilith. On me. Don't fight." He would give her a direct order if it came to it. He stopped beside Kurai, not looking at her smug face. "Next time we meet, I won't have a reason to hold back. I'll kill you then and there." 

Tsubine ignored any further provocation and sped towards Kazuo.
    "Kazuo. Stop playing with him." Malachi looked back to Kurai, who looked fine and smug. He shrugged, tipped his hat, and disappeared. Tsubine did not answer any of Kazuo's questions. He found Genpaku and Kei. His eyes were dark and angry. "Captain Arishima, come with us now. We're leaving." Tsubine turned around and started walking towards the portal again. He was quite angry right now.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:49 pm

The idea of an Arrancar protecting a Shinigami wasn't something easily accepted by either side. The total one-eighty that the Arachne pulled would have been confusing to anyone, but her intentions were always to keep Kaminari alive. She had not harmed the girl and hate stated that she wanted her. In Arachne's eyes, Kaminari belonged to her. She did not want her new little toy being destroyed in a full on battle here and seeing as the hollow and Kuro were returning, she needed a different plan. As Kei punched Arachne in the face, she was forced back by a step. She adjusted her jaw, a bruise already forming, and glared down at the girl. "I guess that can work..." Arachne had meant something a little more powerful tha-... Yes, like that. Before the whirl wind hit, Arachne winked at Genpaku. There was no hostility in it, just a strange playfulness with a hint of sadness and disappointment behind it.

Arachne took the full force of the powered whirl wind. Her body slammed into some ruins, the wind tearing through her flesh and scraping at her armor. When it finally stopped and her body lay sprawled out over the rocks and sand, she was injured enough that it would pass as getting her ass kicked. She watched as Genpaku and Kei carried her prize away. It didn't matter. "She'll be mine soon anyway." were her final spoken words before she laid herself back and rested until Kuro would arrive.

If there was one thing Kurai showed she understood in all of this, it was the emotional ties the Shinigami all had to each other. She was not bound by something as simple as that. Their need to protect each other was their weakness. Kurai only wanted to stay alive in the battle she would have with Tsubine. It would just have to wait another day. She had nothing to say to Tsubine anymore. His anger proved she had won this battle. Yuu hid mostly behind Kurai as the Shinigami all passed them by. Lilith followed Tsubine as she was ordered, eager to find Kei and Genpaku. However, she did not hold back a intimidating glare as she passed the leader of this Arrancar gang. The two had a momentary stare off before Lilith just smirked and continued on behind the other Captains.

The entire group was soon reunited. Lilith darted toward Kei and examined her and quickly did the second to Genpaku before Tsubine had the chance to give them orders. "Are you two insane?" she whisper-yelled at them as they began making their way back to the portal. Before she decided to go on a lecture about their lack of thought, orders they were given, leaving the Captains meeting, disobeying the Captain Commander, and blah blah blah... Lilith sighed and looked to Kaminari, motioning toward the recently closed wound. "Is she alright? What'd they do to her?" As if some outside force flicked some switch, Kaminari began coughing up blood and her breathing was becoming very wheezy.

"Time to hurry up. Go, go..." Lilith said, rushing the group on toward the portal. Though Kaminari's cough was the driving force, as they were coming back, Lilith noticed the disappearance of the other Arrancars energy. "You guys noticed their reiatsu vanishing too, right? Leaving the portal unguarded while the strongest forces in the Gotei 13 are in this shit-hole was not the smartest idea. Now move."
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:14 am

Soon Genpaku detected familiar energy signatures, and adjusted their route to meet up with them.  He slowed as the other Shinigami approached, and of course Lilith was the first in line.  He didn't really respond to her first question, and started to explain the situation when Kaminari began to cough blood again.  His eyes darkened slightly, and his hands began to glow with a soft green glow once more as they group started back.

He didn't miss the anger coming off the Captain Commander, he just didn't worry much about it.

He kept alert as they moved, worried about an ambush that never followed up.  It didn't stop him from being worried about it though; why go through all the trouble of abducting Kaminari just to let her go so easily?  Sure, one of the Arrancar had seemed keen on keeping her, but it seemed a secondary objective.  Maybe it had something to do with the object Genpaku now carried in the barrier-container.  The group reached the Garganta and stepped through, back into the Seireitei and the Twelfth Division.

Genpaku's next actions probably shouldn't have surprised a single person present.

He turned and gave a word of thanks to the Twelfth Division Captain, then simply vanished.  He wasn't running away from anything though; anyone who couldn't piece together that he was heading to the Fourth Division hadn't been paying attention.  Once he arrived Genpaku passed Kaminari into the Fourth Division's care; only then did he release Kyoumei.

Under normal circumstances Genpaku was able to hold the first stage of Kyoumei indefinitely with no real issue; however, he'd been holding it while doing his best to keep the pressure from crashing down on his location.  Mostly, he'd done this by drawing all of that energy into his body to keep it from circulating out and potentially harming those around him.  Even with all his effort he'd only been partially successful; his options had been limited however.  Now, he was feeling the effects of trying to contain that much energy.  His muscles were sore and stiff, as much from that energy as from tension and stress.  However, he took the first chance he could to pass to Midori the strange object he'd contained with the barrier, explaining to her the circumstances of its discovery and his thought that it may be connected to the whole situation.

And then the waiting began.  The wait for Kaminari's condition to stablize.  The wait for people to start yelling at him for his rash action.  The wait for the next thing to go to hell.

The waiting was always the worst.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 pm