Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Cliff Side Encounter [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] Empty Cliff Side Encounter [Closed]

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:16 am

Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] Header1_zpsntd6j5jv

The night had come and a wonderful breeze moved through a small valley just outside of The Village of Oia in Greece. Oia was a beautiful cliff side city. The buildings were brightly colored pastels and the atmosphere was wonderful. Sakura often enjoyed being here, so she took up posts here when she could. During the nights, she left her watch over the city and walked over to the cliffs. This was the most beautiful place in the world to her. She sat on the edge of the cliff for a while, thinking to herself and enjoying the quiet. The only disturbance was the relaxing sound of waves crashing along the rocks many feet below her. She could not relax for too long though since her soul phone gave a rang.

Sakura sighed as she looked to see that a weak hollow had made it's appearance near her. Luckily, it wasn't in the city, so she didn't have to go back there. It was heading in the direction of Oia though. Sakura stood on the cliff, dropped her custom kimono by pulling the brown sash, and placed a rock on it so it would not fly away. With a blade-less hilt in hand, Sakura summoned the first and only outfit that her shikai had. A black dressed with ten long sashes to make up the skirt appeared from no where. She hurried on and used her below average shunpo to try and meet the hollow before it made it to the city. She was almost too late, but was able to get there on time to block it.

"Your journey ends here, hollow." she said and charged the ugly beast. The fight did not go on for long because the hollow was 'fresh' and weakened from the lack of souls eaten. Sakura defeated the hollow, but not without running out of breath. She knew she needed to get better at this. She was too weak if something that pathetic could cause her problems. She looked toward the city to see if anyone saw and most of the people that were out at this time didn't seem aware of the invisible spirits. There was one that caught her eye though, a man with black hair about fifty feet away. She thought he might have been watching her, but shook the feeling off and began making her way back to the cliff.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] Empty Re: Cliff Side Encounter [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:05 am

Cliff Side Encounter [Closed] Header1

It had been a week since Ryuunosuke had heard the words "The Captain-Commander was kidnapped and tortured earlier this year." Thinking this to be a mistake, he had tried to ignore the conversation from a passing Shinigami. He didn't want to draw attention to himself. It wasn't until he heard "It's a good thing the rescue party came back safe though. I wouldn't want to see a full-on war with Hueco Mundo and the Soul Society" that he acted. Ryuunosuke tried to find who had said that, but was unsuccessful. The Shinigami had fled, and he was left high and dry with a bit of worry in his mind. If someone had defeated Tsubine bad enough to be able to kidnap him? The world needed Ryuunosuke.

Oia was not somewhere he enjoyed. He was only still here because that was where the Shinigami was. He thought if he stayed, he might just hear him speak again. Then, he felt the presence of a Hollow. At first, no one responded to it. Ryuunosuke was not in his Gigai, thankfully. However, he did not wear a Shihakkushou either. Instead, he looked like a normal person. Ryuunosuke went to check out the Hollow, but another Shinigami arrived. And she barely took it down. Ryuunosuke sighed and shook his head.

With a shunpo obviously that of a Captain's level, Ryuunosuke appeared beside her."Your form in Zanjutsu is weak. You do not have a good center of balance, your hands are too far apart when holding your Zanpakutō, and you do not have good footing." Ryuunosuke's voice was cold and calculating. It had the dryness of the Sahara. Ryuunosuke then took his walking stick and gripped it like a Zanpakutō. "Your hands and body are like this." Ryuunosuke mimicked her position from before, then adjusted one foot forward and moved his hands closer together. "That is how it is to be done. Now you try."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:28 am

Sakura was not expecting someone to suddenly show up next to her. She barely felt the shift in energy when he appeared. Startled by him, she stepped off to the side and ended up tripping over her own two feet with the addition of a very small rock that made sure she ended up on her ass. Sakura looked up to him and blinked as she was criticized about everything she wasn't good at. "I know." she said with a sigh as she stood up, dusting her backside off. Sakura was confused when he began showing her. When he was copying her, she raised an eyebrow. She knew that was not how it was done, but she realized what he was doing she felt stupid. He shifted his position and his stance was much better than her own.

Sakura stared blankly at him, blinking a couple of times after he said it was her turn. He was serious, wasn't he? Okay. She nodded. "Alright then." Sakura held up her blade and brought her hands closer together, but the footing was still off. She looked down to her feet and tried to mimic how he had done it. She moved her foot forward, but not far enough. It felt a little off to her. Were her legs to short? She groaned at herself in annoyance and jumped up and down a couple times to loosen up before trying again. She was closer that time, but not perfect. It was embarrassing and the red tint that could barely be seen due to the lack of sun was making that obvious. "I-I'm sorry..." she said to change the subject and then held a hand out to him with a weak smile on her face, "My name is Sakura."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:40 am

Ryuunosuke nodded in approval. Her hands had moved closer together, forming a very good grip on the blade. He watched as she tried to move her leg around, but she couldn't get it right. Ryuunosuke was about to correct her, when she began to jump up and down. Was she giving up? Hopefully not. If so, then his time would be wasted. Instead, she tried again. 'Good,' he thought. If she wanted to keep trying, then he'd show her how.

Ryuunosuke took her hand and gently shook it. It was without much feeling behind it other than politeness for politeness's sake. "I am Ryuunosuke." He set his stick to the side. "Get back to the position you were just in." Once she did, Ryuunosuke knelt down and shifted her leg back slightly. He then shifted it inward too. He grabbed her at her inner shin and outer thigh of her front leg to do this. "You tried to mimic my own stance too hard. You have shorter legs and wider hips. Your stance should be more like this." Ryuunosuke pushed on her back, and she did not fall. "And now you have a good posture for this stance."

Ryuunosuke then turned to pick up his stick. "You do not seem to be very skilled in Zanjutsu, is that correct?" He was very matter-of-fact when he spoke like this. "Are your skills in the other three parts of the Zankensoki as unskilled as your Zanjutsu? If so, I can show you ways to have better flow for your Kidō, posture for your Hakuda, and control for your Hohō. But only if you have a desire to learn and get better."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:01 am

His handshake bothered her, but she accepted. "You've got a nice name. Only heard of one other person with it. Never met him though." she explained as she got back into the position she was in before. It felt strange having someone she didn't know touch her, but he was actually being helpful. She could feel the changes that he was implementing aid her balance quite a bit. Once he was done, she felt better, more stable and less likely to drop her Zanpakutō in a swing. "Huh..." she said surprised. She felt him push against her back and barely budged. He could see her eyes brighten.

"Wow... Thank you." she said and stepped back from him, "Wait, did you jus-... No, I get it. Nevermind." She giggled a bit and hopped around cheerfully. Before she forgot the lesson, she brought herself back into her stance and repeated in correctly ten times before finally stopping. "Actually, I'm not really good at anything... Believe it or not, Zanjutsu is probably my best skill... I'm pathetic, I know. I won't always be though. It'll change." Sakura began walking again as he started offering to teach her. She looked at him confused and shocked. "Do... Do you mind walking with me?"

"I just have something I need to get." She hoped he would because she had a rather expensive kimono sitting under a rock that she had to retrieve. If he came with here, they'd talk on the way there, but if he did not, she'd hurry and quickly return to his side. "I highly appreciate the help, but I'm not sure you want to deal with someone like me for long. I mess up a lot and it gets irritating even for me." Sakura took a moment and just stared at him. He was handsome, but there was something else. "I don't mean to be rude, but who are you? I-If you don't mind me asking, I mean... For you to be able to see me and know what stance I was trying... I just don't recognize you. What Division are you with?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Ryuunosuke frowned hard. Not good at anything? Preposterous. Her determination was what she was good at. He did follow her, but only after grabbing his walking stick. He stayed silent for most of the trip. He was judging her, gauging her reaction time and gait. Once they reached the point where he kimono was, he finally did speak up. She had asked a very important question. Who was he? Should he lie? Was the truth harmful? Did it even matter at this point? He shook his head mentally.

"You," Ryuunosuke said while looking out at the coastline, "are not pathetic. Do not think that you are. You have a determination that many of the more skilled members of the Gotei Thirteen lack. Skill does not always win a battle. The person with skill may win the early battles, but it is the person with determination that will win in the long run. You simply need more practice, and I imagine a far more strict tutor than what you had at the Academy." If he were in charge, the Shino Academy would be getting a serious rework aimed at helping people like Sakura.

"The only people that irritate me are the ones who give up. Will you give up?" Ryuunosuke's question was very direct, and he met her eyes when he asked. If she lied, he'd know. Once he had his reply, Ryuunosuke nodded in approval. "Good. My offer to teach you is still standing." Ryuunosuke raised a finger as he remembered something. "You asked who I was. I am Ryuunosuke Asakawa, former Captain-Commander of the Gotei Thirteen and former Captain of the First Division. I currently am not part of the Gotei Thirteen, nor am I part of the Red Division. I simply am wandering, trying to get stronger myself."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:08 am

Sakura didn't know what to say. He was pretty nice by saying she wasn't pathetic. She had determination? No. That wasn't it. Or maybe it was, but a different kind of determination. Sakura wasn't a doer like many others, at least not in the normal way. "Yeah, you're right." she agreed and nodded, "I could use the help, but no one has offered... I know I should ask, but as I said before, I don't think many people want to deal with me. I mess up a lot and learn slower than most people. Of course, I learned pretty well when you taught me the stance..." Sakura looked to her Zanpakutō and repeated the stance. It was off at first, but she quickly readjusted and it was back to perfect. She smiled, feeling a bit accomplished. She then looked to him when he asked a certain question.

"It's not that simple. I don't want to say that I will or won't give up. I get frustrated with myself a lot... I've kept to my training, but not because it's something I want to do. It's something I feel I have to do, like it's some sort of obligation... Sometimes I feel like I have no choice." Sakura sighed and looked out over the ocean, "I've felt hopeless for a long time now. Even if you say I'm not pathetic, I still feel that way and I was told the way I feel matters most... The Gotei is all I have now. It's the last chance I've got to make a decent life for myself or to feel like I'm worth something to someone... to anyone. So... At this point, I'm either going to do things right and make people see that I'm not worthless or I'm going to die trying. Does that qualify as an answer?" She was nervous up until he nodded.

Sakura was happy his offer still stood. She was about to answer when he put up a finger and introduced himself. Sakura wasn't part of the Gotei long enough to have known this man personally, but she had absentmindedly mentioned him early. "Well, I-I-I must apologize then. I-I lied earlier. I only know one man with y-your name and I have met him... today. Cause he's you." Sakura pointed at him, her mouth slightly agape in shock. She blinked and thoughts of training rushed through her head. This could be awesome. There was a bit of a spark in her eyes, like a fire that had died long ago was reignited in that moment. "I must say though, I'm surprised you approached me knowing what I was. You're obviously in hiding or avoiding the Gotei since you disappeared years ago... Why?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:26 am

Ryuunosuke was not surprised that she had heard of him. He was who he was. "I'm not entirely in hiding or avoiding them. I simply realized that I was unable to be a good Captain-Commander, as I was defeated by my subordinate, the current Captain-Commander. It was also nearing the end of my two-hundred-year tenure as a Captain, so I decided that it would be a good thing to retire early. As I said, I have been in the World of the Living, training. That way, if the Gotei needs my services, like I heard it does now, I will be of more use to them than I was as their Captain-Commander."

Ryuunosuke adjusted his clothing. "And on that note, I must ask. I have heard that the Captain-Commander was kidnapped. Is this true? And how is he doing? My successor was stronger than I was, so I expect his captor is much stronger than he. That is why I approached you. I need entry into the Soul Society, and you can grant me that with your Zanpakutō opening up the Senkaimon."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:34 am

Sakura was pretty damn surprised at this. He was unaware of the changes that had come about in the Seireitei. "Um... Well then. You keep saying 'he', so I'm assuming you're talking about the Former Captain Commander, Tsubine von Zarkonheinz... The new Captain Commander is Kaminari Hatakeyama. You've probably at least heard her name since apparently everyone knows her. And to answer your questions... Yes, Commander Kaminari was kidnapped. An Arrancar took advantage of a time she was relaxing with friends and took her while she was drunk. They proceeded to torture and poison her in order to get to a friend of hers. A rescue team went into Hueco Mundo to bring her back, but not before she was badly injured. The Captain of the Fourth Division was the only one who could save her, but in doing so, she fell into a coma because she too had gone into Hueco Mundo and been injured saving someone else. I do not know anymore of the details on that... However, I do know that the Captain Commander is doing better... If you wish to go, I have no problem taking you."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 am

Ryuunosuke's eyes narrowed. Tsubine was the former Captain-Commander? That should not be. The man wouldn't be dead, he was too damn stubborn for that. So he must have stepped down or something. And that was infuriating. "No, the name does not ring a bell. I do not know who she is." That was even more worrying. Not even one of the Captains from his time? Not even one of the Lieutenants? That was ridiculous. Tsubine was going to have to have a good, stern talking to. "If you are willing to take me, then let us be off at once."

After stepping through the Senkaimon on the other side, the two guards held out their pikes against Ryuunosuke's figure as he entered the Seireitei. This time, he was in a Shihakkushou—and a Captain's Haori. "Hey, stop. You're not a Captain." Ryuunosuke turned to the man, and stared him in the eyes. "I am not a Captain. But I was. I am Ryuunosuke Asakawa, former Captain of the First Division. You will let me pass." The guard's eyes widened, and both pikes were removed from his path. "Do keep my entrance quiet. I do not want a ruckus to be started because of my return."

After stepping off of the Senkaimon's platform, Ryuunosuke began to talk to Sakura again. "It is late, and if the Captain-Commander is unwell, I do not expect to see her tonight. You have been a tremendous help in getting me to the Seireitei. What Division are you in, so I may recommend you for a commendation, as well as to find you for when your training starts? It should start within the week, but not tomorrow. I will have business with the Captain-Commander and her predecessor tomorrow."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:06 am

Sakura did as she was instructed quickly. When they walked through the other end of the senkaimon, she waved her hands and shook her head to the guards to show them they needed to back off. They recognized his name quickly and thankfully nothing else occurred. Sakura stepped off the platform behind Ryuunosuke and looked back up to him when he spoke to her again. She smiled and blushed when he said she had been a tremendous help. That was a big compliment coming from him. "I'm the Fourth Seat of the Nineth Division, but um..." Sakura walked around him a bit and put her hands behind her back, "You don't have a place to stay here, right? If you want, you can use my room. It's no way near as nice as the Captain's chambers, but it's better than sleeping on the floor or roof... I could take the couch, or ask... a friend or someone if I could stay with them." She was obviously not being honest. Sakura had no friends, especially not one that was close enough to take her in.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:36 am

Ryuunosuke thought about her offer for a moment. It was... tempting, yes. But it was also very, very improper. So he shook his head. "No, I can not burden you in such a way. I will not put someone out of their own bed while I am not sure how long I'm going to be here. If I thought it would only be for a week or two, I would consider your offer. But right now? I could be returning for good, if that is what the Gotei would want from me in this upcoming conflict." Ryuunosuke looked to Sakura. "I will find a place to stay. A rooftop is not as uncomfortable as you might think, although you probably have not had to sleep on one before. It also helps that it is not the middle of summer nor winter. The weather might have caused me to change my mind."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:42 am

"I understand what you're saying, but wouldn't it be better to have a place to eat or clean up? I have a decent bathroom, so you could shower... Besides, what other way will I be able to repay you for offering to train me? Even if you're doing it out of the kindness of your heart and expect nothing from me, I personally feel that I should do something to help you out. The only thing I can offer is a warm place to be at night and a few basic amenities that you won't have otherwise. The same way you said not to think of myself as pathetic, do not think of yourself as a burden. I don't ever have friends over... or really any friends, a-and I know you probably don't consider us friends. That's fine. I get that completely. We did just meet. However, you are still someone important to the Gotei Thirteen and by association important to me. I won't let someone of your status, whether former or otherwise, lay outside on a roof, even if it is comfortable, when I can easily shift myself to a couch."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:11 am

"You do not seem to be the type to accept 'no' for an answer. That could be very detrimental if you ask someone to marry you." Ryuunosuke raised an eyebrow in concern. "I do not need your charity, but I do appreciate the offer. I also do not need repayment. Your skills improving is payment enough. I learn as my students learn, and you have a lot to learn." Ryuunosuke nodded somberly. "But since I would rather not have to injure your pride, I suggest a compromise. I will not take your bed. That is simply improper. I'll use your couch. Is that acceptable?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:21 am

"I can tell you meant that one hundred percent, but if anyone else had said it, I'd be asking if that was supposed to be a joke." Sakura crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. She heard his compromise and nodded. "Okay then. You're lucky I don't have one of those small couches. You'd be way too tall. It's long and fat, so it should be comfortable enough for you. Your compromise is acceptable." Sakura smiled and began leading him toward her home. It would take a while and quite a few very shoddy shunpo on her side, but they'd get there. She unlocked her apartment and stepped inside. Sakura's place was done up quite obviously like a home. She had good tastes and decorated well. Her apartment was meant to seem welcoming and comfortable for all who entered. "Well this is where I live. The bed is behind the wall dividers, so you'll have your privacy. The bathroom is right over there and you can eat anything you want in the kitchen. I just stocked up, so I should have something you'll enjoy."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:52 am

Ryuunosuke nodded in approval as he stepped within her quarters. It was fitting an officer of the Gotei 13. "You have decent taste that does not stand out. I approve." Ryuunosuke removed his haori and placed it on a coat rack. "I will be leaving early in the morning, so if I am not here when you wake do not be alarmed. I will come back in the evening most likely, so you may expect me then. Thank you for your hospitality."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am