Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
A New Day [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
A New Day [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
A New Day [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
A New Day [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
A New Day [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
A New Day [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
A New Day [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
A New Day [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
A New Day [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

A New Day [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

A New Day [Closed] Empty A New Day [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:49 am

The way everything ended the night before had most Shinigami on edge. Kaminari had been taken by the Arrancar again, and she was once again rescued by Kei and Genpaku. Multiple Captains suddenly rushed into Hueco Mundo without any real plan, the motives of each Captain confusing the hell out of the victim in this. The possible devastation could have been immense, but luckily it was reported a calm night in the Seireitei. Nothing out of the ordinary had been reported and when the party that dove into Hueco Mundo returned, everything went back to normal.

Kaminari woke only once and it was during the procedure within minutes of her being brought to the Fourth. She had shot up from her bed, screaming in pain before Midori calmed her down enough to keep her from tearing her wound more. Whatever Kuro had done had not only broken multiple ribs and torn through muscle, but had also left a hole in her lung. The hole allowed quite a bit of blood to enter the organ and made it difficult for Kaminari to breathe, which is why she had been coughing up blood. Midori did her job in taking care of Kaminari and soon she was healed up to recover.

The passing hours were mostly quiet and uneventful. Kaminari had an issue while unconscious where her heartbeat raised way above normal and had to be calmed through medicine. Besides that one incident, which Midori explained as an anxiety attack, nothing else occurred. When night finally came and the Seireitei fell into silence and the torches were raised while Shinigami were put on increased guard, Kaminari stirred in her sleep. The beeping machine attached to her sped up. Her breathing became slightly heavier and her face contorted until finally she popped up from her sleep.

The cliche moment of yelling as you come out of your sleep didn't happen this time. Kaminari just sat up suddenly and stared at the wall across from her. She took a moment to just breathe, taking a few deep breaths to recover from the nightmare she had woken up from. Sensing another presence, a rage-filled gaze shot over to the side, resting on a familiar face that seemed to have stationed himself here. The rage faded instantly, the instinct to fight going with it. Kaminari went to speak, but the words clogged up her throat and she looked to the blankets that covered her.

"How many times is that now? Four or five? I can't remember." she muttered, her voice hoarse and throat dry. She cleared her throat before speaking again, turning back to look him in the eyes. "Why do you keep rescuing me? If you haven't noticed, I've only caused you trouble. If you ever get hurt because of me... I-... I don't know. Just stop it." 
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

A New Day [Closed] Empty Re: A New Day [Closed]

Post by Genpaku Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:38 am

A New Day [Closed] GenpakuPostingHeaderBB

You would have to look long and hard to find a Shinigami in the Gotei that had managed to get a good night's sleep.  For most, it was the alarms in the middle of the night and the walls coming down that broke their sound sleep.  For many others, it was the sudden state of emergency that was called as the Gotei moved into an open state of war.

For some few, the reasons were more personal.

The Captain of the Tenth Division certainly fell into that last one.  Genpaku Arishima certainly had not found his way to sleep, nor was he likely to any time soon despite the weariness that had crept up on him.  There were no shortage of beds around him, considering he had hardly left the Fourth Division headquarters since returning from Hueco Mundo.  He'd left only a few times, for a quarter of an hour at most as he went back to his office and collected the reports he'd requested and pulled up.  He'd brought that stack of paperwork back with him; it was the best distraction he was likely to get at this point.  The reason he needed a distraction lay, mostly quiet in a recovery bed.  A friend once again injured, having been pulled from a certifiable nightmare.  And of course he felt partly responsible for it.

From a certain point of view, it was understandable.

Prior to her abduction, Genpaku had been circling the idea that Kaminari was more deeply connected to the events that had been steadily taking place within the Seireitei.  Too many threads had been hanging with the only commonality between them being the fact that they'd all started happening concurrently; all at the same time as Kaminari was brought back from Hueco Mundo.  He'd gone against his instincts, vague though they were, and not called it out since he hadn't wanted to put his friend through something potentially greatly stressing when he had only a hunch to work on.  Normally he was good about listening when his instincts told him something, but in this case he'd let his emotions dictate his actions.  He'd been doing that a lot lately, with admittedly mixed results.

Even now though, he wasn't sure that calling attention to his hunch would have changed the course of things.  By the time he'd truly keyed into the events taking place around the Seiretei they had progressed greatly.  If anything, it may have made the situation worse.  He was cognizant of that, but it didn't change the fact that someone he cared about was now laying unconscious on the bed next to him.

So he sat, and worked on the small mountain of paperwork he'd moved into the small private room.  Most of what he was dealing with were old reports from patrols.  They held potential new information however; things had been strange in the world of the living for a while now, and that was information Genpaku had been aware of.  He'd been tracking a change in tactics in the Hollows preying on the World of the Living, and an increase in aggression towards Shinigami.  They'd lost more than a few in the last year.  It was this information that had first tipped Genpaku off to something strange going on behind the scenes, and it was part of why he'd been focusing his Division's practices on teamwork beyond even what he normally did.  Now he was looking for patterns, and figuring out what he could do help his Division deal with the oncoming war that his Division was going to be on the front lines of.

As the first night after war was officially declared settled over the Seireitei there was finally a change in the sleeping form of the small Shinigami.  The machine she was hooked up to began to beep faster, then she suddenly sat up.  It wasn't surprising that she'd be having bad dreams after the night she'd just had.  She suddenly turned on him, rage and an aggression that was very much at odds with the attitude she put out normally plain on her face and in his body.  He simply looked back at her a moment, pencil held over a page for a crystalline second before he turned back to his work.  All of that aggression faded almost instantly.  She looked back at the covers, and for a few more moments the room was quiet.

"How many times is that now? Four or five? I can't remember." she muttered, her voice hoarse and throat dry. She cleared her throat before speaking again, turning back to look him in the eyes.  "Why do you keep rescuing me? If you haven't noticed, I've only caused you trouble. If you ever get hurt because of me... I-... I don't know. Just stop it."  He didn't bother answering her first question; instead, he reached over and picked up a glass, handing it over to her.
    “Drink,” he said; his tone was gentle and kind, but it wasn't really a request.  It was a friend telling another to do something for their own good.  He waited for her to finish drinking some before he answered her third question.

“I would think the answer is rather clear by now.  Kaminari, you are someone precious to me.  I'm not like you; I don't make good friends that easily.  So I couldn't stand losing someone close to me.”  He said it without looking away, without an ounce of embarrassment.  His eyes were steady, and he held her gaze for a few moments after that before he turned back to his paperwork.
    “So hell no I'm not going to stop and leave you in the dark,” he said simply as he flipped a page and checked the next report.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:19 pm

Kaminari's gaze slowly drifted along the blankets and toward him as he grabbed the glass. She stared warily at it for a moment, the concern coming more from her ability to grab it. Her hands had been holding firmly onto each other, something she hadn't noticed until she went to grab it. When she did, there was a violent tremble she didn't like seeing or showing to Genpaku of all people, especially since it was conjured from her own fears. She pulled away for a moment and hid them again, but decided to use both hands to grab the drink. With a sort-of firm grasp, she brought it to her lips and took a long drink, almost emptying the glass before she handed it back to him with one shaky hand.

"Stupid..." she muttered quietly and angrily to herself, using both hands to rub her face before lying back down. Kaminari brought her gaze back to Genpaku when he began answering her questions, one used word of which caused her eyes to widen slightly. 'Precious' was something used to describe diamonds and other rare gems, something valuable. She looked away and lost the fight to roll her eyes. The situation she found herself in did not make her feel 'precious'. She held eye contact with him for a while, finding herself unable to break it while he looked at her. When he looked away, Kaminari curled up under the blankets and stared at a random spot on the edge of her bed sheets.

"Precious..." she unconsciously mimicked his words in a whisper before chuckling and turning back to him. She reached out and placed her hand over his paperwork so he'd look at her. "Thank you..." she said with a soft sincerity before rolling onto her back, "...for the one thousandth time. I'm glad someone thinks that way about me." Kaminari surely didn't. She always ended up down on herself when situations like this came about. Even if she appreciated it and it showed how many people cared, she did not like being rescued. She hated more the fact that she needed it. "Well, I can't wait to see the glares and scoffs I get from your Mother this time. At least only one of you went. If Kei had, I'd be dead."
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:47 am

Genpaku didn't comment on the show of weakness, but then again he wouldn't. He set the glass back down and turned his eyes back to the work as he spoke. She interrupted him and thanked him, and he gave her a soft smile in response as she turned back to look up at the ceiling. She mentioned the fact that if Kei had been there, Lilith would have killed her. She'd mentioned it looking for a joke, looking to lighten the mood. Instead, what she found was a sudden and deep silence. Genpaku didn't say anything, he didn't even really look at her as he continued to scratch away at the paperwork. Like if he didn't respond to it she'd have never voiced the concern.

Of course, the silence gave it away and after a few moments the machine in the room began to beep louder and faster.

“There were a few bruises, and Kei probably wanted a shower after dealing with all that sand and web. But no one but you got hurt,” he said when it obvious she'd figured it out. He mentioned these things to calm her down; while Lilith might be aggravated about both him and Kei diving into Hueco Mundo she wasn't going to be moved to violence since no one was hurt. Probably. Hopefully.

He didn't voice those concerns. Those were bridges to be burnt later.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 am

The silence was deafening. The feeling it brought to Kaminari was nothing more than dread. It was like gravity increased all around her. Sound was blocked out, nothing more than the muffled beat of the heart monitor hitting her ear. The silence spoke it all. Kei had been there. Kaminari's heart raced and the machine let it be known. The beeping sped up every second that passed them by. She tried to calm herself down, but she could remember the way Lilith had been toward her last time. She swallowed nervously, the sound finally getting to her, so she suddenly ripped the wires from her chest and threw them to the side. The machine went silent once it disconnected, an orange light flashing on the screen. Kaminari put both her hands over her face. "Why, why, why..." she groaned in frustration, her words muffled.

"Is she okay?" she asked concerned for her friend, though also for herself. The answer to that was a relief. The mention of web brought a look of worry to Kaminari's eyes for a brief moment. "That's good..." she said, her voice trailing off into a whisper. Before she got a chance to speak up again, a nurse came rushing into the room. "Out." Kaminari snapped uncharacteristically at the woman, not giving the nurse a moment to argue. When the woman left, Kaminari just sighed. "She's gonna kill me. Lilith wasn't exactly happy with me last time... I can't imagine how mad she is this time."
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:31 am

Genpaku gave the nurse a sympathetic look as she slipped back out before looking back at Kaminari.
    “No, Lilith isn't going to kill you,” he commented as he set down the clipboard and papers as he reached up and rubbed at his eyes to try and push off some of the exhaustion.
    “She'll be annoyed, loud, and generally herself but she isn't going to kill you.” He said this with undisguised conviction; he believed that Lilith wouldn't, if only because doing so would cause him enough grief to bring down a mountain of guilt on his mother. He looked back to her.
    “Which isn't to say that you should go up and try to make nice with her right now. She's all kinds of stressed. Lot of people are,” he said simply, careful to make sure his tone didn't throw any blame at her.

Far as he was concerned, there was little to throw her way.

“For now, you should probably focus on getting better and healed up.”
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:00 am

His reassurance was something she appreciated, but she was not that confident in it right now. He had rescued her from a lot, but Lilith? The only thing that might keep Lilith from her is the guilt Kei and Genpaku could rain down on her if she did anything bad. Kaminari recalled the last time they came to rescue her and the more recent time Genpaku did on his own. Even if Lilith wasn't particularly mad after that last one, the annoyance was written all over her face. "Don't worry. I'll keep clear of her for a few months at least." she said half-jokingly with a small chuckle.

Kaminari being told to rest for the sake of healing wasn't often met with acceptance. She turned to him with the intent of arguing like normal, but was shocked to see something she normally didn't notice easily. "Gen... You're exhausted." she said with concern, her expression as worried as her tone, "When was the last time you ate or slept? How long have I been out? Have you been here the whole time?" The questions came quick as the concern for him set in.

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:30 am

He had expected her to argue with him about staying down a resting; such conversations had an almost ritualistic quality to them of normality. However, there was an uncharacteristic moment of quiet before she spoke. He looked over at her as she started speaking. He didn't respond to her initial comment, which was fitting since it hadn't really been a question or anything. She continued, however, with questions. He seemed to consider the questions for a few moments.
    “I've managed to slip some food in here and there since we got back,” he commented, not really specifying where or what food it was exactly. Snack food was only food to so much of a degree.

“Its been around twenty-four hours since the mess started and you were taken. There's been a lot going on since then too; the Gotei has officially entered a state of war. Seems we're playing catch-up on that front too, since the Arrancar appear to have been waging their end of the war for the last year or so. There are a lot of concerns about how we're proceeding from here on out. Guard shifts have been doubled in almost every section of the Seireitei and I've heard that regular patrols have been dispatched out into the Rukongai to watch for any potential Hollows slipping in there. Those of ours out in the World have either been recalled or reinforced, and I'm working out how much of that is going to be panning out for the foreseeable future. Can't be sending people out in groups of two or solo anymore with all of this going down.”
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Kaminari didn't know whether he was avoiding full answers or accidentally answered them while trying to avoid the questions. They were simple questions, what was the point of avoiding them? She took note of the one he completely ignored and couldn't fight the look of annoyance she gave him. She sighed and shook her head, sitting up. "If you're going to avoid my questions, I won't talk... I don't exactly feel up to it anyway..." It was then that she felt an odd pressure on her side. She pulled her gown away to look down the collar at her side.

Remembering what occurred the night before caused her to close her eyes and tense. "That was unbearable." she said as she put her hand on her side, sort of hugging herself, "I couldn't do anything. He had full control over my body. I couldn't even scream when he cut me open. It's not a fun feeling, and I'm not talking about the pain either. I'm talking about lying there and having someone dig around inside of you without any chance to fight back or say no." Kaminari's gaze drifted off as she recounted a few memories. As they replayed in her mind, she closed her eyes and fell silent. 

"Gen..." Kaminari spoke up after a deafening silence, "I'm going to ask you something. When I do, I don't want any lies. I don't want you to beat around the bush or pull any of that leader stuff on me. I need you to tell me the complete truth." Kaminari slowly turned her gaze to him, staring seriously at Genpaku. Her eyes were hard, but fragile. It was like an old foundation trying to keep holding up what had been there for years. She gave it a moment, letting her demands set in before she asked. Finally, with a brief hesitation and weakness in her words, "What happened to Kei?"
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:31 am

Genpaku looked back at her when she responded.  He gave a small sigh.
    “Even if I'd wanted to, I wasn't going to get much sleep right now anyway,” he commented, and left the conversation at that.  Kaminari winced, checking on the wound she'd taken.  She started speaking, eyes wandering the room.  Genpaku turned back to his paperwork, letting his eyes lose focus as he listened to her words.  When she finished he said, very quietly, “I know what you mean,” and let the silence settle into the room.

They sat there like that for a subjective eternity, Genpaku finally going back to his paperwork.  When she spoke up again he turned and looked at her.  Kaminari generally had no problems speaking her mind, but it was rare she laid out demands like she did now.  There was something painful in her eyes, something hidden but vital.  She asked her question.  Her initial answer was silence but for an indrawn breath as Genpaku considered things.  It was obvious she wasn't asking about what happened on the rescue operation.

“I can't tell you that,” he said at length.  “Not for any of the reasons you laid out.  I'm not trying to beat around the bush, I'm not trying to protect you.  It isn't my place to answer that question, and I gave my word that I wouldn't.  That's something she'd have to answer,” he said, his words carefully chosen.

A New Day [Closed] GenpakuPostTemplateFooter
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:54 am

That response did not get an answer from Kaminari. There was part of her that wondered what he meant and the other that was frustrated with his implication. However, her mind went elsewhere and she needed something answered. When she asked for it, she did not want the response she got. Kaminari wasn't stupid. The moment Genpaku replied the way he did Kaminari knew what Kuro had said was true. And if that was true, then everything else...

Kaminari cracked then, her eyes showing the strength she had left being drained with each second. Her eyes widened, her body froze and then it visibly shook. Her breathing became heavy, her chest heaving up and down as she turned from him with her jaw clenched tightly shut, teeth showing like she was wincing in pain. As if she were getting sick, she put her arms over her stomach and leaned over. With that, Kaminari had no strength left. And then she shattered.

It was silent at first. Besides her breathing, she hadn't made a noise. It started with a violent grunt and then she began crying. Tears held back for the last century came forward, streaming down to the bed sheets. She was still trying to hold it back, but was failing miserably. For a moment, the cries were stuck in her throat and when they sounded, you would have thought someone just told her she had killed her friend. She wept uncontrollably and she wept violently.

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:11 am

In the decades Genpaku had known Kaminari, he had never seen her cry. He'd seen tears, he'd seen frustration, he'd seen sadness. However, he'd never seen Kaminari break down into tears. Even in the depths of fear, convinced she was going to die at the hands of a madman she had shed a single tear before she'd locked her emotions back under control. Yet here she broke, a damn of emotion that had been built up shattering and flowing out. It broke his heart. He couldn't guess yet what had triggered it, how she had known something horrible had happened to Kei. Really, it didn't matter either.

He had no idea what to do, so he did the only thing he could do. He stood up and quietly, slowly, sat down next to Kaminari. He put an arm around her, pulling her against him, and sat there. He offered no comforting sounds, no words of encouragement. How could he? Whatever had struck her was something bone-deep, something that rattled Kaminari to her very core and broke her like a diamond hit at just the right angle. Whatever pain had just lanced its way into the young woman was beyond the mending power of words. So he sat, a comforting presence at her side as long as she needed it. He shared silence with her.

Sometimes, silence is all you can give to the grieving.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:30 am

There were no words. In that moment, there didn't need to be. Kaminari was not able to stop crying for some time. What felt like hours was only a mere twenty minutes, and it was filled with the devastating cries this young woman released. For twenty long agonizing minutes, Kaminari was lost in her grief. The crying began to slow down and she weakly tried to push herself up from her collapsed position, but needed the help. Luckily for her, she had someone there to help her out and was moved to sit up. She was still having a hard time, but mostly needed to catch her breath.

"I-I-It's m-my fault." she stuttered and tried desperately not to end up like she had just been, "It's my fault. Kei, Hanae, Sakura, Ryuusei, and Hidan. Everything that happened to them is because of me. They had that thing inside of me. They put it there and used it to do all of that. All I had to do was listen to Midori. All I had to do was go to the doctor, but I didn't. I was stupid and because of me, because of that stupid choice, Kei... Hanae..." Kaminari curled her knees to her chest and grabbed harshly at her hair. And as quick as a slip of the tongue, "Not again..."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:44 am

It took a while for Kaminari to get back to the point of being able to use words once more. Even then though it was obvious that she hadn't worked through whatever it was that was truly troubling her. How she knew most of what she brought up he could only guess at, but the how really didn't much matter in this case. That she did was the important piece, and it was playing merry havoc with the mind of his friend. For his part, Genpaku had only a vague idea of what exactly to do here. He didn't like it much, but he at least had that vague idea.

“Again?” he asked quietly, gently prodding. He wasn't going to push much, because whatever was ripping at Kaminari was something deep seeded. It was something that burned deep in her, and having that heat rekindled was hurting her. He wasn't going to force her to touch that heat if she didn't want to, if it was too painful to handle in the here and now. But getting her to talk was one of the few ways he'd learned to help her, and he had to hope his gut was on the right track in this case.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:19 am

It stayed quiet for a while after he asked. Kaminari stared off, collecting her thoughts before turning to him almost casually, like she had told the story a thousand times. In reality, it was something she had never mentioned before. It wasn't easy for her to say. The memories that plagued her mind were gruesome and anyone could see why they haunted her. When she finished, she was calmer than she had been in a long time. It was like lifting hundreds of pounds off of her chest. Finally, someone knew. "At least now you can understand why I had the doctor... Please don't hate me." she pleaded with him in a whisper, the fear shaking her voice, "I don't want anyone to, especially not you."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 am

“Hate you for what?” came the comment after a baffled moment of silence that came from her story.  He looked at her and behind his eyes his heart had broken some at the story, yet his expression was mostly a mix of bafflement and concern.
    “Hate you for being human?  For making a decision based on emotion?” he asked, his voice quiet but laced with the same bafflement his expression showed.  He shook his head after a moment.

“Kaminari, people are not wholly good or evil.  I've heard it said we are all made of light as much as darkness.  We don't always make the best decisions, or do things the right way.  We all fuck up,” he said, and he smiled sadly at her.
    “I'm not going to hate you because you made a choice.  Having power is making choices, and living with the consequences thereafter.  Sometimes people need killed, and sometimes they need forgiveness.”
    The smile faded, and he regarded her with serious eyes.  “If you cannot learn from the mistakes of the past though, you are doomed to repeat them.  Making choices is hard, and they don't always have the outcomes you expect.  I don't believe for a second if you had an inkling of what was to happen you would have waited and done nothing.  The gift and curse of hindsight is its perfection in absoluteness of the given situation.”

He shook his head once more, and gave her another small and sad smile.
    “I don't hate you Kaminari, but you can't hate yourself either.”

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:12 am

The tension that Kaminari was made up of slowly faded. He didn't hate her; that is what mattered. "Thank you." she whispered cheerfully and nodded as she wiped a few tears of joy away. Words could not express exactly how scared she was of people hating her. Kaminari quickly turned and pulled Genpaku into a full and firm hug, holding on tightly. "I've never told anyone about that. I've been worried people would look down on me more than they already do." The final bit of that was more of a joke toward her height, something she didn't ever do and probably wouldn't do again. With a newfound relief, Kaminari turned her head and placed a small kiss on his cheek before letting him go.

"Anyways..." she brushed a strand of her hair back behind her ear. The motion was something you'd see a shy girl do. She hadn't realized her action in that moment until she let him go. She kept a straight face and quickly turned the conversation other directions. "I'm never going to be able to face Kei again... or Hanae." she said sadly, shaking her head in shame, "I'm not sure it's going to be safe for me to walk around the Seireitei either. Not with Mama Bear around." Kaminari glanced momentarily toward Genpaku, like she was blaming him, but in a playful way. "Gen... What happened to the Arrancar? The woman, not the other one. The one that wanted to keep me..."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 pm

He let himself be pulled into the hug, and returned it in as comforting a way as he could.  She turned and planted a kiss on his cheek, and he blinked a few times as she pulled away.  Then she shifted the conversation.  He raised an eyebrow at her first assertion.
    “I think you may not have the entire say on either of those situations,” he commented.  However, he comment about not being able to walk around freely because of Lilith was a different story.  He hadn't really come up with an answer before Kaminari asked her last question.

Some of the joy seemed to bleed out of him, and his eyes almost seemed to harden slightly.

“She was left behind in Hueco Mundo.  We broke from the fight with her, partly at her urging, and retreated until we ran into the Captain Commander and company.”  Genpaku had not been satisfied with that; he'd gotten Kaminari home safe and mostly sound.  But the enemies that had taken her in the first place, the monsters that had hurt his friend were still alive and plotting out there in the dark.  If they were smart they'd stay under whatever rock they called home.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Kaminari would deal with the Kei, Lilith, and Hanae situations when she had to. Right now, she was safe. Hanae wouldn't visit her and Kei shouldn't realize it's her fault, yet. However, Lilith might be a different story. As long as Genpaku was right here, she didn't have to worry about the impending death just yet.

Kaminari didn't seem to react to his answer much. "At first, I didn't know what I wanted to do about it." she said with a sigh, "She's my Mom. Her face, her voice, but an Arrancar. Out of everyone that could have turned into an Arrancar, she did not deserve it. If you see her again, kill her. I don't think I can and you're the only one I trust to do it without torturing her. I know your hatred for hollows, but you also don't play around with them like Lilith would, so... yeah."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:45 am

It is a strange to call for someone's death as a form of mercy, but Genpaku understood it. He, maybe better than anyone else, understood it. He was saddened though by the information. Or more accurately, he was saddened that Kaminari knew about it. That she knew the fate of her mother, and that her mother was now their enemy, was bad enough even before any of the events that had happened in the past.
    “I'll do what I can,” he said, and he meant it.

He seemed to think for a time.

“I know telling you to not do something generally has the opposite result. However, I think you should tread carefully and prehaps avoid the world of the living for a time. They may still be hunting you; moving around unsupervised is dangerous.” He looked back to her and gave her a small smile. “So if you decide to make a trip out to the World of the Living, how about you let me know? We'll make a trip of it,” he suggested.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:13 am

Kaminari took a deep breath, nodded, and smiled, "Thank you." Kaminari did not feel relief when he said that, nor did she feel guilt. She could not tell exactly what it was. She had just asked for her Mother's death by the hands of her closest friend and he accepted it. Arachne needed to die, but the woman she once was would never be known and something about that upset her. As he thought to himself for a bit, Kaminari quietly watched him until he spoke up.

She chuckled and smiled at his first comment, nodding 'yeah' because she couldn't deny that at all. She looked downwards with disappointment when he told her to be wary of leaving the Soul Society. Kaminari didn't leave often, but she felt like she needed a bit of a break from this place. "I know they are. She wants me to go with her. I hadn't remembered it until recently, but she said so over a year ago. She's the one who put that thing inside of me... I remember hearing her kill the guard and then she came into the cell and shoved something in my mouth. After that, a flash of light and then woke up back here." Kaminari raised an eyebrow at his request.

"Make a trip of it?" she questioned and then smiled, a small tint of pink brightening her cheeks, "Okay then. One day, I would like to. I haven't been in a while, so it could be fun, especially if I don't have to be on duty the entire time. I'm gonna ask the Twelfth to realign my gigai too. When was the last time you used yours?" Kaminari was talking like she had already planned a trip in her head, and she pretty much had, so Genpaku had his work cut out for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 pm