Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]

Snopy
    Snopy

Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] Empty Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]

Post by Snopy Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:22 pm

The sun beams beat down on the Seireitei as Shinigami went about their daily business.  Each squad had it's own rituals and routines, and each had at least a little time off.  Others though, they wouldn't be so lucky.  "Just relax, unless something else comes up and we need you you're free for the rest of the day."  With a wave the blonde Shinigami walked out of the 4th division.  Snopy wasn't a member of the division, but his reason for being there was obvious by the bandage on his right arm.  It was only a small cut, but this is "Combat vs hollow" standards of small.  It was only the afternoon, but Snopy had already had to deal with a mission.  The hollow itself was not particularly dangerous, except most physical attacks just bounced right off it.  So the 5th division got called in to send backup.  It wasn't too hard, since they sent a small squad, but it didn't go down before it went ballistic and injured several of the Shinigami tasked with it's defeat.  Snopy was pretty sure they were fucked if something wasn't done.  So he lured it point blank before blasting straight through it's skull with magic.  Still, it left a nice little parting gift.  He was the lucky one though.  The other Shinigami had varying degrees of injuries.

Many people were talking about the "Unseated Shinigami" who blasted that thing to the next dimension.  Those who were there would know better, but there were...other rumors floating about.  That this so called hero (a label which Snopy admittedly wanted some of the gossips to stop stamping onto him) only managed to defeat the hollow because it was heavily weakened thanks to his comrades and yet "Boasted his strength".  Others even went so far as to say he waited for it to maul his compatriots before acting to make himself look better.  Despite the official reports and the eyewitness reports, the rumors spread faster than their superiors could stifle them.  For the most part it would pass.  Most would eventually know the truth or get bored and move on after a few days or weeks, but some.  Some liked to cling to anything that made them look better than someone else...or gave them a target.  "Look at the poor hero, he has a little boo boo."  Snopy's face flinched for a second.  Not because he was startled, but because this guy's voice was gonna get really grating really fast.  He turned, it was a small group.  They seemed mostly intent on slandering him more than trying to fight him, but who knows.  "Pardon?"  Snopy hadn't had much time to know about the rumors that had spread so quickly, he didn't even realize people knew about it.  

"You have a lot of nerve.  Letting all those Shinigami take a beating before jumping in to save the day.  You're real grade A scum, got it?"  Snopy blinked.  He had some slight clue although where he got that information he would never know.  "You'd do well to worry about yourself and not make up stories."  "Cocky little brat.  Making up what?  That you waited til they did all the heavy lifting then you did easy clean up?  Oh no, I'm not making anything up."  "If by easy you mean a strategy that if I had failed would have resulted in me cut horizontally in half, then sure, easy."  Snopy had better things to do, he'd probably have to go to one of his superiors and talk to them about this nasty rumor.  However as he turned he got grabbed on the shoulder and forced back to facing the group, the leader of which was now about an inch from his face.  "I'm not gonna let people like you run around hurting my allies.  Got it punk?"  Snopy blinked and momentarily winced, it was very stealthy, but the leader had just punched him in the gut.  Still he was not falling for it.  "I'm not going to punch you if that's what you're waiting for."

Serenity
    Serenity

Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] Empty Re: Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]

Post by Serenity Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:20 pm

Hating the doctor no longer kept Kaminari from making frequent visits. After everything that occurred with the hollows and quite literally having her body invaded by an Arrancar, there was no way she could chance that again. The number of visits often sent Midori up the wall. Though Midori did not say it out loud too often, Kaminari knew that this was getting tiresome for the Captain of the Fourth Division. Her paranoia was getting the better of her.

Kaminari left the examination room completely dissatisfied. Midori couldn't see her today, so she was forced to allow another lower member to examine her. They barely got the basics completed when Kaminari decided this was over. She walked out into the waiting area and made her way out of the building as quickly as possible. During the time waiting for the doctor to call her in, Kaminari had heard about some "hero" coming back from a mission. A few rumors scattered through the gossip channels and they quickly caught Kaminari's attention. This hero was going to be popular and so Kaminari required his friendship! Now... if only she could figure out who the hell he was.

Barely gathering her thoughts, Kaminari heard a bit of a ruckus coming from down the way. She could practically smell the scent of bully from her current location and took a single step to vanish from sight. She reappeared behind some blonde guy as he was punched in the stomach and jumped a bit. "That had to hurt." she thought and stepped forward, "What exactly is going on here?" Kaminari may not have been a Captain or a Lieutenant, but Seated Officers were all celebrities within the Seireitei. She just wasn't the President; more like a supporting actor in a popular film.

"Is there a reason that a group of people are surrounding this guy?" Kaminari's tiny stature moved forward more confidently than she probably deserved and stepped between them. She eyed only the attacker, her eyebrow raised at him. "I can join in? Maybe even the odds..." she said and smiled cockily, "...if needed."  

Snopy
    Snopy

Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private] Empty Re: Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]

Post by Snopy Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:02 am

Snopy knew the game. He was supposed to fight back. If he threw a punch, then these guys won. They were banking on it. If he doesn't react the way they need him to, they are just bullies to the surrounding public. The stealthy punch was a clear sign their plan needed him to react, provocation. He shouldn't have masked the pain down to a small wince, but he needed them to slip up...ooooor just straight up get the attention of a seated officer. From behind he heard a familiar voice and the punks stepped back in almost shock. In front of him stepped a girl who was...well tiny. Still while he didn't pay too much attention to anyone below Vice Captain outside of his division, if only because of poor memory of faces if he didn't personally converse with the person, he was pretty sure it was Kaminari. He blinked at her question of people surrounding him. One of the thugs straight up prostrated themselves and "gave in to all of (Kaminari's) demands" but while still taken aback, the others were less than amused. "This punk let his allies get injured just so he could take all the glory, so we're showing him we won't put up with it, got it?"

"That won't be necessary. They're not worth the time." Electing to completely ignore everything that came out of the "Vigilante's" mouth he only acknowledged Kaminari. He clearly won. He kept his composure and their obvious blatant bullying garnered the attention of a seated officer. "They're just trying to provoke me. Make me throw the first obvious punch, then paint me as some kind of biblical Satan by using the rumors floating around. They either want an excuse to beat someone down or a way to make themselves look good." He still completely ignored them, but one thing was clear. Either he hit the nail on the head, or their paranoia that a Seated Officer would believe him was palpable. They seemed a bit shaken. Well except the leader, who was clearly pissed. "And now he's trying to spread lies about us. Come on, you can't possibly believe him can you?" To that his comrades all shouted a unified "Yeah!". Well the two that weren't still prostrating themselves anyway.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:02 pm

"Enough." Kaminari waved a hand at the leader of this little group, no longer caring for the humor she first tried, "If you were truly attempting to do the Seireitei some sort of justice, you'd look for evidence, not corner a fellow Shinigami. You should be ashamed of yourself and you're lucky I don't have you written up and put on sewer duty for the next year." Kaminari pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head in irritation. A year may have seemed like a long time, but the lifespans of Shinigami made certain punishments last a bit longer than they would on a humans lifespan. "I don't want to hear anymore of this, or see anything like I just witnessed again." Kaminari stated seriously, her arms crossed along her chest, "If he's guilty of what you've accused, then he will be dealt with by those who have the authority to do so. Until then, accept the situation as it is and stay away from him. Understood?"

Any sort of arguing would be met with a flare of her reiryoku and a glare that would make Captain Antonovich proud. She'd say nothing more and stare until the group left. Once they left, she turned to the blonde and raise an eyebrow. She stared him up and down, examining him quite closely. "Do I know you?" she asked quite seriously.  

Snopy
    Snopy

Post by Snopy Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Snopy really raised his eyebrow.  How was this going to go?  Was she gonna believe them or not.  If she had any sense of proper justice he'd be fine but he didn't know her.  Finally though she dropped the lighter demeanor and tossed out some serious threats.  The leader almost didn't back down but his minions talked him down.  "Hmpf, you watch yourself "hero"."  Snopy rubbed his temple.  He needed something to drink.  "Oh for fuck's sake, stop calling me that."  He let out a sigh as they walked off.  He began to wonder when they'd be back.  There was no way he'd just completely given up.  That guy was gonna prove his moral superiority.  And by prove he meant fake it.  He looked to this female before him.  Now she was examining him.  Great, now his integrity was about to be questioned.  Before he could just automatically tell her to talk to his Captain or literally anyone who was injured in the fight, she asked if she knew him.  He blinked as he lowered his raised finger.  Oh, or not.  He sighed yet again.  "No more than they did."

He scratched the back of his head.  "Miss, forgive me if I'm mistaken, Hatakeyama I presume?  I'm pretty bad at remembering names if I don't talk to someone personally so forgive me."  Perhaps it would be smart to give her his name.  "Snopy Saika, 5th division.  You might have heard of me, the guy who was least injured against the Armored Walrus."  He looked off towards where the goons had wandered off to.  Under his breath he muttered.  "Am I not trying hard enough?"  He shook it off though, now was not the time for that.  He turned back to her."Look, um...Miss Hatakeyama...sorry, I'm bad at formalities."  He was clearly stumbling over himself, his body language was uneven and a little tense. He didn't know where to even go from here.  What did she know?  What did she think?  He was trying so hard to put his past behind him, he didn't want some stupid rumors to ruin everything he was working for.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:18 pm

"No issue, but yeah. I'm Kaminari Hatakeyama, Fifth Seat of the Tenth Division. Best Division, deal with it!" Kaminari excitedly through her index finder in the air to represent #1 and then crossed her arms. As he introduced himself, she had something click in her mind. The other one called him 'hero.' So this was who people were talking about? She was pulled from her own thoughts by something he said that she couldn't pick up on. Her mind was able to multi-task, so thinking and listening was easy until he muttered. "Come again?" she asked, expecting him to repeat it.

"Then don't deal with them? You have to with the 'up-tights,' but I am not a Saionji or the Golden Eyed Mongoose, so everything's fine here. Just act like yourself." Kaminari waved the conversation away quickly to change it, "So you're the hero people have been talking about? What the hell did you do! I wanna know. We shall be friends." 

Snopy
    Snopy

Post by Snopy Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Well then, she was pretty direct wasn't she?  She immediately called hers the best division.  Delusions?  Probably.  Granted he didn't feel too much zeal for the Gotei in general so he wouldn't argue...yet.  When she asked him to repeat he stuttered a bit in shock, face a tad red.  "W-wha?  Oh, no it's nothing.  Don't worry about it."  Not a smooth recovery but if she pressed it too hard he'd have regained his composure by then.  Hopefully.  After he admitted his lack of affinity for formalities, she actually told him to just be himself.  In his head he thought "But that isn't proper protocol".  However, he didn't care.  "Okay then, Kaminari."  Well, he just called someone of higher rank by their first name, if this was gonna backfire it had better do so soon or not at all he thought.  Still, she brought back that damned hero label again.  He let out a little airy scoff, though once clearly not directed at Kaminari but more of a half laughing half upset "Oh that".  "Oh, you've heard it too huh."  He sighed.

Then he threw up his arms with a shrug.  "I mean I can give you the long version if you want, but the short version is this.  Heard of the Armored Walrus?  Large bulky hollow.  Deceptively fast.  While not particularly strong, it's thick skin made it fairly immune to physical force.  So me and a group of other 5th division Shinigami went to deal with it, since Kidō still worked.  It thrashed us pretty badly, almost killed a few.  It was too hard to hit.  I figured it'd kill me anyway if I did nothing so I provoked it into attacking me, and managed to kill it point blank with no room for it to dodge and only got a small scratch by some sort of luck."  Snopy was curious though.  She said they shall be friends.  "You said friends?"  She's been pretty "playfully cocky" so maybe...well if this killed him oh well.  He put a mischievous grin on his own face.  "Is that an order?"  He was clearly joking and didn't mean he'd only be friends with her on orders, since that was just cold.  Still, he hoped she had a good sense of humor or this would be bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:23 pm