Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
An Inescapable Battle [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

An Inescapable Battle [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

An Inescapable Battle [Closed] Empty An Inescapable Battle [Closed]

Post by Serenity Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:36 pm

An Inescapable Battle [Closed] Header1_zpsntd6j5jv

Early in the morning, Sakura received a message through hell butterfly. She had a new mission and was supposed to take care of a elusive hollow, but something felt off. She accepted the mission without hesitation, excited to try herself out in battle to see if her training was going anywhere. She started the morning trying to be confident and happy, but as the hours passed her by, she felt that confidence fading. Her mind began to wander to the negative. What if she wasn't good enough? What if she was going to fail? What if it was too powerful? What if she died? She tried to keep these thoughts at bay, but it was difficult and the fact that it was almost time for her to leave made things worse.

Sakura was ready to go with her Zanpakutō at her side. She had cooked a decent breakfast this morning and was now ready to go! However, Sakura was obviously bothered. As she turned to leave, she stopped and looked to Ryuunosuke, but not at his face. Sakura had a habit of hugging, but he would not accept her hugs, so she had learned to give him rather energetic handshakes instead. "I'll return as soon as I can. I'll be relieved for another two weeks once this hollow is taken care of." she said and reached for his hand. She took it with both of her hands and grasped a little more firmly than both. "I'm scared this time. I don't know why." she said, looking to the floor, "Something just feels off."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

An Inescapable Battle [Closed] Empty Re: An Inescapable Battle [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:53 pm

Ryuunosuke was not one to be a drill seargent and wake people up at the crack of dawn. That was simply too inconvenient. Although the temperature might be better, Ryuunosuke knew more than anyone the value of sleeping well. If his students needed a bit more sleep because he had worn them out, well, he would not get mad. Mainly because the same applied to him. Ryuunosuke loved the feeling of a good sleep after an intense training session. It was perhaps one of the few times a glint of joy was on his face. It was quickly washed away in a sink every morning.

After having received his Zanpakutō from his former subordinate, Ryuunosuke had begun carrying it around. Soon, Sakura's training would involve them sparring. And if she continued at the rate they were going, it would be about two months before she was ready to have him use his Zanpakutō. This rate of increase wasn't from a gift of natural talent. It was from elbow grease, sweat, tears, and blood. It made Ryuunosuke giddy on the inside to see someone who would work hard. It was why he accepted the handshakes (emphasis on the shake part) she gave. "Either through luck or your own determination, I have faith that you will succeed." Ryuunosuke, for once, had lied. "What feels off about it? Did the order not seem proper? I have heard of some gangs in the Rukongai that have access to Hell Butterflies... but that information is old and they have probably been destroyed by now." Ryuunosuke shook his head. "You'll do fine though, Sakura."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:28 pm

"No. The orders were fine..." Sakura sighed and shook her head, "Have you ever felt like something was going to go wrong? I mean... I feel like today is just..." She sighed again and let go of his hand. She did not shake this time, only held. "If you think I can do it, then I know I can." she nodded, pushing up a fake confident smile. Sakura said her goodbye and hurried off to the senkaimon. Within the hour, she was in the world of the living, stationed in New Zealand of all places. Her first impression was nice. She enjoyed the greenery and the small homes of the town she was in. There was a forest on the outskirts of the town and Sakura could sense the hollow from here. That raised a red flag for her.

"Finding it this fast is strange." she mumbled and sighed. It was her job, so she had no choice. She stared out to the area she could sense the hollow from for a while. It never moved and an eerie feeling sent a shiver up her spine. "What the hell..." she rubbed her arm, trying to lower the goosebumps she just got. It still wasn't moving, so Sakura got ready. She dropped her kimono, the rather revealing piece of her Zanpakutō being under it. She took hold of her zanpakutos handle and unsheathed it. When she did this, it was shown that there was no blade and the handle was white. Her reiryoku began to collect and a light shined around her. When it vanished, she was in her black Ten Tekio.

The moment her transformation ended, Sakura realized something. The hollow finally moved. It had rushed toward her with an intent to kill. She barely got her sword up in time to block it's first attack, but was knocked back thirty feet, her body creating a line in the gorund. "Ow, ow, ow..." she muttered. She heard the hollows howl and covered her ears. It took it's chance and went on the attack again. She rolled along the ground, luckily able to hold onto her sword as it attacked. She jumped to her feet and with a very quick motion, was able to shunpo one hundred feet behind him and slide to a stop. "Keep your cool, Sakura." she told herself, eyeing the hollow closely. And so it turned to her again...

The bastard finally gave Sakura a good look at it. It was a scorpion hollow that stood about ten feet tall while excluding its three tails. With the tails, the longest middle tail was about twenty feet long. Its pincers were about as large as she was. Beyond that, it's reiryoku was quite a bit larger than her own. Sakura immediately began to wonder why she was the one sent on this mission. She didn't doubt that a Lieutenant would have a decent battle with this thing. She gripped her sword tighter as it began walking to her. It didn't run this time, it only walked. It stopped thirty feet from her and began to laugh. Sakura just stared until it stopped. "I'm eating well tonight." "If you think you're going to defeat me, you're wrong." "You think you defeat me? Laughable." "I can and I will. Just watch me!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:50 pm

Ryuunosuke did know the feeling. He was unsure of the reliability of her sense of danger. It was the only sense that Ryuunosuke would prefer an older person's opinion on. Wisdom and experience shaped the sense of danger unlike the other senses. That was why it was bothering him that he, too, felt the 'off-ness' of this assignment. Ryuunosuke waved her off, giving her more reassurance. Then he used Kidō to mask his presence and followed her. It felt right.

Ryuunosuke stared ahead at her transformation. Although he had been living with her for a while, he hadn't seen her body in such a revealing state. He tilted his head, nodding and drawing his lips into a line. It was the men's version of non-verbally saying "not bad." She was an attractive young woman. Out of the blue, the Hollow attacked her. It was large, but it seemed... That was when Ryuunosuke realized what it was. The Hollow was a rare form of Menos. It had power comparable to an Adjuchas, but it did not eat other Hollows to advance. It was eating other Souls to engorge itself. That was why this felt off. Ryuunosuke knew how tricky they were—and how an experienced Shinigami could easily kill themselves on it."Sakura... keep your cool. You can fight it, so long as you can keep calm and bait out its attacks. Exploit the weakness in a scorpion's shape. I know you can do it." Ryuunosuke put his hand on his Zanpakutō. Just in case.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:12 pm

The impatience the hollow had wore thin very quickly. Sakura stayed focused as it charged. It's first attack came from the large pincer. Sakura moved out of the way only to have the second pincer attack. She was able to duck under it, trying not to have to parry or counter. She knew this hollows strength likely tripled her own, so being hit by it was not an option. For quite some time Sakura's entire strategy was getting out of the way. She ducked, jumped, rolled, flipped, and side stepped everything she could. She was getting a feel for the hollows movements and observing its pattern of attack. Unfortunately, though she was getting this information, she was wearing herself out as well.

Sakura was breathing heavily, her chest moving up and down as she tried to keep her breathing steady. She held her sword firmly in both hands, her eyes never leaving the hollow. Even when she blinked it seemed calculated. The hollow shot its middle tail down toward her. Sakura side-stepped to the right of it, but was caught off guard by the incoming pincer that was about to trap her between it and the tail that now acted like a wall implanted in the earth. She brought her sword between the pincer and herself, but she had been right about her previous deduction. This hollow was very strong and the moment the pincer made contact, her body slammed against the tail and was crushing her.

Sakura pushed back and was beginning to panic, but realized that her Zanpakutō was acting like a barrier between her and the pincer. She had just enough room to duck under and shunpo out, so she quickly maneuvered herself and reappeared to the hollows side.  After a well-timed shunpo, she swung her sword down through one of its legs. The hollow howled in pain, the shriek almost deafening her. She felt her mind go fuzzy for that moment and stepped back. The hollow took advantage of this and swung its tail around. It slammed into her side, hitting the unprepared Sakura with enough force to crack a rib. She screamed and was sent flying about one hundred feet before hitting a tree.

Before Sakura even had a chance to react. The scorpion was in her face, swinging it's pincers down at her. She rolled around multiple times, parried once or twice only to be knocked around like a ragdoll, and was stomped on once. When she saw what she thought was an opening, she rushed away from the hollow and was about to shunpo when she felt its tail strike her in the back. She went flying again, but not that far. Instead, the longest tail suddenly slammed it's stinger through her back and partly out of her stomach. When this happened, it was a mere five feet away from her audience and she was facing him. Not knowing he was there, Sakura let a look of defeat show. It wasn't just defeat in her eyes though. With a single tear falling down her cheek, she looked apologetic and closed her eyes.

"I'm gonna die..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Ryuunosuke watched as Sakura was beaten up. It was hard to watch. He saw some good moves from Sakura. She was good with her sword, and it actually brought him pride to see her fight so well. The shriek even sent Ryuunosuke aback. It was hard to hear anything else. It must be an ability of the hollow. He saw her be kicked around, and Ryuunosuke knew what he had to do. With a wave of his hand, the Kidō dispersed. Ryuunosuke held the hand up. "Bakudō sixty-two, Hyapporankan."

A hundred bars shot out from behind Ryuunosuke. They pinned the Hollow back, and he turned to his companion. With a soft smile, he knelt, one hand still held out to keep the Kidō focused. With his other hand, he began to heal Sakura. "You will live." It was not a full heal, but it was enough to get her back on her feet. "And you will win." Ryuunosuke stepped aside, letting Sakura face the Hollow.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Sakura's body hit the ground and she was expected to be devoured. She was not expecting Ryuunosuke to appear out of nowhere. Barely able to move, Sakura shifted her eyes up toward him and saw it. He smiled. He was smiling at her. Her eyes widened and her gaze fixated on that smile. The look on his face was something she had been wanting to see and it gave her a bit of a boost. She felt her body healing as he helped her. He told her she would live and would win. With him here, she knew that she would live, but could she really win? All she had to do was remember that he smiled and her confidence returned. She smiled, nodded, and pushed herself to her feet, glaring at the hollow with a new found confidence. And then time seemed to freeze, the world shining with a bright yellow.

"It's been a while since you showed an ounce of determination. This man has an effect on you, doesn't he?" "He's my friend; what did you expect?" "Yes, your friend. I guess I can give you the boost you've been needing. If you fuck it up and lose to this hollow, I will take all of the power I've granted you away and you will start all over. Do you understand that, Sakura?" Sakura nodded and in what seemed like a small meeting to her, was a mere moment to Ryuunosuke. Sakura was at her feet and suddenly her body was surrounded by a bright yellow light that swirled around her. It moved in toward her and became a new outfit, a new form of her shikai. Her weapon became to, separating into two fans with a gun attached. The best part is she could already sense how to use their basic techniques.

Sakura was still hurt, but she felt like she could continue on. Her breathing was calmer and she felt a bit of a rush. "Alright... I've got this." she said and readied herself. Once the hollow was let go, she charged with more speed than she normally was able to move, even in her black Ten Tekio. In what felt like a flash to her, she was able to slice through three of the scorpions legs before it could even attack, causing it to collapse toward it's right. The hollow howled again, causing Sakura to feel like she had before. It turned in an attempt to attack, but Sakura was able to move out of the way, even under it's howl's effects. The battle continued and Sakura was able to out maneuver him now. She ended up slicing through one of its tails, causing that tail to hang from it's body, barely attached.

The hollow was nearing defeat and it new it, so it decided to try something foolish. It turned to Ryuunosuke. "Fine, I will take you in as my meal if I cannot have the girl!" the hollow spoke confidently. Sakura scoffed and then laughed, catching the hollow off guard. "What are you laughing at?!" "Hahaha..." she wiped a tear and rubbed the back of her head, "If you've given up on killing me, then fighting him is suicide, sorry." "You apologize to your enemy? You're a strange Shinigami." "Well, I didn't mean it as an actual apology... It's just hilarious to think you'd stand a chance against him. I have no doubt he could kill you with his eyes shut and an arm behind his back. However, he is not your opponent, I am. Be glad he hasn't stepped in. You'd be dead." "Ha.. I doubt that." the hollow scoffed.

Sakura shunpo'd and appeared in front of the hollow, pointing both of her guns at the hollows head. "I wouldn't lie about him, ever. The fact is, you're through. Even if I were to die against you, I trust in my Master to defeat you afterwards. You will not terrorize the people of this village anymore." Sakura smiled and giggled a bit, "Goodbye!" The barrels of her guns began to glow. The hollow tried to turn, but the moment he moved, Sakura released two condensed bullets of reiryoku and fired them through the hollows head. It was dead and began to disintegrate in front of her. Sakura watched as it fell apart and then smiled before hopping up and down like a energetic bunny rabbit. "I did it, I did it, I did it!" she said and then ran to Ryuunosuke with her arms out, quite obviously going for a hug.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Ryuunosuke smiled in approval. It wasn't a small smile either. He crossed his arms as Sakura fought better than before. She was not only stronger, but she had a renewed vigor. He did not interject in her conversation with the Hollow. This was her battle, both physically and verbally. Ryuunosuke felt deep pride at Sakura's progression. This Hollow would have given any other Shinigami of Sakura's level a problem. Sakura, however, was now kicking the Hollow's ass.

As Sakura finished the fight, Ryuunosuke nodded in approval. He did not shake the hug away. He did not return it either. One arm fell to his side, and he patted the top of her head. "You did well, Sakura." Once the hug was broken, Ryuunosuke nodded towards the Hollow's remains, as it disintegrated slowly. "That was the type of Hollow that would give a good fight to an average Lieutenant. It was a Menos with the power of an Adjuchas, but it had not eaten other Hollows so it could not advance. You made me proud, Sakura. Was... that part of your Shikai?"
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Sakura squeezed tighter when Ryuunosuke did not push her away. She was finally able to hug him and the pat on her head made her feel amazing! When she let  him go, she hopped up and down, spinning at the same time as her hair flew everywhere. Finally, she stopped her little energry spree and looked back to him, putting her hands behind her back and smiling widely. She blushed when he said he was proud. "I'm glad! It felt so amazing to do that! You saw me, right?!" Sakura asked and pointed toward where the hollow was, "I was all like woosh! And it was like ahh! And I was like goodbye!" Sakura's movements matched her speech as she spoke so excitedly. She blinked and looked down to her new weapons and then her outfit. She nodded, spun the fans, and then pointed them to the trees.

Sakura let off two more shots, both hitting their mark and shattering the trees they hit. "Oh. This form is so fun!" she shuffled her feet and giggled a bit. She realized then that she had been ignoring his question. "Oh! Right. Yes, this is part of my shikai. It's one of the forms. I don't know how many I'm gonna have, but this is the second one. The first is the black one you saw when we met." Sakura explained. She took in a deep breath and her outfit began to glow. It faded away and revealed the base of her shikai. She forgot in that moment how she was going to be dressed, but that didn't really matter. The moment the outfit faded, Sakura dropped to her knees and fell to the ground. "It hurts..." she said through a clenched jaw. The stab wound in her back reopened, causing her to bleed.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:25 pm

Ryuunosuke nodded along. He had seen her fight. The power from this form of her Shikai seemed to be more based on quick movements and her accuracy. That would be what Ryuunosuke would work on next with her. She'd have to fight while moving against moving targets. He was already planning his training session for her. Sakura had entered the personalized phase of training. He was glad to see Sakura progressing like this. As Sakura fell, Ryuunosuke leaned in and caught her. "You did well."

With some minor healing, Ryuunosuke had closed the wound back up. He knelt down, laying her head on his lap. "Sakura, you fought and defeated something that strong. Really, I am proud of you. There have only been one or two other students of mine that have done that. One of them became Captain-Commander." Ryuunosuke called for a Hell Butterfly, and he quickly relayed a request for aid. "A doctor will be here shortly."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:47 pm

The entire time Ryuunosuke was healing her, Sakura was tense and breathing heavily. When he was finally done, she was able to relax, but the pain wasn't entirely gone. She was surprised to have her head placed in his lap and a blush crept over her cheeks. "The Captain Commander. Is that Captain Hatakeyama?" she asked curiously, her voice slightly strained. He called out for a doctor and she nodded when he told her. She took a deep breath and sighed. "I thought I was going to die. That feeling I had about this mission was right. I'm just glad you came to help me." Sakura looked up to him with a soft, but weak smile, "I did something right... I was able to kill it and make you proud. It's been a long time since anyone has been proud of me... Thank you." Sakura fought a few tears and kept a smile.

"Proud of what?" a familiar voice, one that they could both hear, showed up. Sakura twisted around and looked to a man of all white that stood right above them. He was scowling at Sakura. "Ten... What are yo-..." "Shut up. What do you have to be proud about, Sakura? Once again, you needed help. I gave you the piece of your shikai because you would have died otherwise. It's not like he was going to lift his sword to help you." "I thought you gave it to me becau-..." "Because you were ready? No. Do not kid yourself. Your life was in danger and you were too weak, as usual, to handle the situation on your own. The next time you access that form, I will not be so lenient. You will no longer understand how to use its abilities. Learn that on your own. You will be handed nothing more. Understood?"

Sakura nodded weakly. It was embarrassing to be scolded and humiliated by her own Zanpakutō in front of Ryuunosuke. She closed her eyes, unable to look at either of them right now. "Tsst..." the man of all white stared at Ryuunosuke, looking him up and down. He scowled again and then waved his hand. The wings he had on his back came in to wrap around him and he soon vanished in a rain of glitter and light. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Ryuunosuke." Sakura forced herself onto her side. Her body was in a lot of pain and it made her wonder what the damage was internally. Her wound had been mostly closed, but there was still a small amount of blood coming through her back. Ignoring her pain, she kept trying to get up on her own, but she was off balance and the pain kept making her fall again.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:16 pm

"No. I had no part in her training. I was talking about her predecessor." Ryuunosuke was still miffed about Tsubine leaving. "The fact that you had the same feeling as I did about this mission was enough for me to come along. It is a good instinct to have." Ryuunosuke nodded. He was glad that she felt that way about herself. Then, he showed up. The figure in white annoyed Ryuunosuke from the start. "I would advise you to be quiet." Ryuunosuke cut the figure off midway through a rant about Sakura. It was insulting.

"You must be her Zanpakutō spirit." Ryuunosuke crossed his arms, staring at the figure with hard eyes. "You are perhaps an embodiment of her self-loathing. And if you are, then you should both understand something. Sakura has earned that form which you claim you only gave it to her so you could both survive. You know more than I do about how hard she's trained. About how she pushed herself when she was sick just to be stronger. And while she can be foolish and naïve, she is far from weak." Ryuunosuke leveled a finger at the spirit. "You need to understand that about your owner. You need to work with her more. I am not saying you give her the shortcuts, but you seem to be far too strict on when you give out your powers. No, not even strict. Selfish is the best way to word it. You are too self-absorbed in your hatred of Sakura that you don't know when to be more mature and let her have what she's rightfully earned."

Ryuunosuke then looked to Sakura the same way. "And you need to learn better control over your Zanpakutō spirit. It should not have as much control over you as you let it. If you do that, then the roles are effectively reversed. Be forthright and stand firm. Do not let it bully you." Ryuunosuke turned back to the spirit. "You did save her life by giving her that form. And if you want her to learn how to use the forms, then so be it. She will learn them by sparring with me. But I will not let her do so without knowing the basis of the power. This is a high-speed, hit-and-run form. Let her feel how to use the ability once or twice, and she will remember. And she will learn and prove you wrong."

After the Zanpakutō spirit disappeared, Sakura tried to stand. He tried to stop her with a hand, but she ignored it. She fell. She tried again. She fell. Ryuunosuke, already annoyed, didn't want to deal with her stubborn ass right now. He was int front of her in a flash, his right index finger in her face. "Bakudō Thirteen—Shibireyubi." A bright ball of light shone like a camera flash, and Sakura was paralyzed. She could still speak, but her body would not move. "I apologize for doing that, but I told you that a doctor would be on their way. I am not going to risk you hurting yourself further."Ryuunosuke cleaned up her wound again, using only minimal Kaidō. "While we wait, I have a few questions for you. Have you and your Zanpakutō spirit always had this... animosity? Your Zanpakutō spirit, quite frankly, seems to hate you. And I do not think that is healthy for your development."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:49 pm

In her failed attempts to get up, she never expected Ryuunosuke to use Kidō on her. She fell back to the ground, lying on her side. She couldn't move her arms or legs. She looked up to him, her eyes narrowed in anger at him. She hadn't been angry with him before, but this was uncalled for. The expression stayed until he apologized and then it faded completely. She sighed and stared off into the distance. Ryuunosuke healed her again and then sat her upright against a tree. "This tree is not comfortable, you know?" Sakura pouted a bit, playfully glaring at Ryuunosuke as he sat down in front of her. "What kind of questions?" she looked worriedly at him. His questions were understandable, but also hurtful. He wasn't hurting her; she just knew why her Zanpakutō is the way he is.

Sakura sighed and looked away. "Yes, he hates me. It's my fault, I guess." she said sadly, "When he first came about, I was in a worse way than I am now, if that is even possible..." Sakura once again talked herself down. This was something that Ryuunosuke was likely used to. "I hate myself and beca-... Hated. I hated myself and because of that, he hated me as well. It hasn't changed at all since I first spoke with him. I don't know how to change it without changing how I feel about myself. I thought I had gotten better, but he's still harsh and strict to me...." Sakura lowered her head and sighed, "You will likely hate me for saying this, but I've never liked myself and still don't. The only reason I am where I am is because of this stupid hope that someone else will like me. I don't know how to change that. It's not like I haven't tried, because I have. I'd like to like myself, even just a little. I just don't."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Ryuunosuke simply shrugged. "Neither is being forced to stand. That's why it's a temporary measure. You'll be in a nice bed soon enough." Ryuunosuke was hoping the 4th Division would get there soon. Her story was abnormal. Ryuunosuke's mouth drew into a line. He was disappointed in her. Only, it wasn't because of her actions. It was her inaction that had sparked that reaction in him. If only she had acted more forthright and had stood up for herself, she would not be in this predicament. It was entirely possible she could have attained bankai had she not been limited by her own stubborn naïvety.

"There are three things wrong with what you said. One, it was not your fault that you felt that way when you learned your Zanpakutō's name. You have not had an easy life. Keeping yourself always in a good mood is hard. Two, I do not hate you for what you said. You are not at a point that you feel you should be. Once you get to that point, you will like yourself. Or at least, you will like yourself more than you do now. Three, you assume that people do not like you." Ryuunosuke patted her head again. "You are my second-favorite student. And if you make good choices, you can even surpass the former Captain-Commander."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:20 pm

Sakura just smiled at him, but that smile faded. There was an echo in the back of her head, one that he could probably guess about. She closed her eyes and mouthed a few unreadable words. When she opened her eyes again, she looked to Ryuunosuke. "Do I have to like myself? I mean... Why is that required... People say that you're supposed to like yourself and that people will only like you if  you like you... And then they say that everyone is different and that everyone has their own way..." Sakura sighed tried shaking her head, only to realize that she still couldn't, "I've thought about it for years now... What if my way is for other people? What if for me to like myself, I need to be liked by others? I don't know... It sounds stupid because of what others have taught me and what they two have been taught, but the only time I feel decent about who I am and what I've done... is when someone else tells me I've done well. So what if I am suited to living for others... Is that really so wrong?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:39 pm

"Sakura, you do not have to like yourself. But that seems to be something you want. It seems to be something that is so much of a core to you, your Zanpakutō spirit has part of that in him. I'm afraid it's not something that you can skim over. Your way is different, but it's not wrong. If you only feel like for yourself with others say they like you, then that is fine. It is, in a way, the harder endeavour. If you want to live for other people and their happiness, then do so. I can not and will not stop you. It's a noble gesture, and I have no intent of passing judgement upon someone for something so simple and clean."

"If you're suited for living for others, then that simply is how you are. But do not only try to get satisfaction and happiness out of others liking you. Get it also out of liking others and having a mutual like for one another. If you want to be a protector, someone who helps like no other... I will make a suggestion for you. Transfer to the Thirteenth Division. Not right now, but after you learn more about the Zankensoki as well as your Zanpakutō. And once you join the Thirteenth, become a teacher at the academy. You will help others and with your personality, your students will like you."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Sakura was astounded at his advice. "Become a teacher..." she repeated and then thought about it. She nodded, liking the idea. "I never thought of that, Ryuunosuke. Thank you." Sakura tried to move, but couldn't. "So... Can I move now?" "Are you going to try to get up?" "I'm going to try to move!" "Are you going to try to walk away." "I wanna shake your damn hand! Or get a hug if I'm allowed." Sakura watched him with a playful suspicion as he came over. He sat in front of her and released the Kidō, "No hug this time." Sakura just smiled and carefully leaned forward, taking his hand. She didn't really shake it, but more hold it. "Thank you for being there for me, Ryuunosuke...  I don't remember a time anyone really has. Even I haven't been there for myself, so thank you very much."

Of course it was at that momenet that someone cleared their throat. Sakura immediately let go of Ryuunosuke's hand and looked up to CAPTAIN HAYASHI!? "Um... Captain Hayashi? How come they sent you...? No disrespect of course, but..." "A former Head Captain calls for relief and you really think they'll send anyone else?" Midori asked with a raised eyebrow and then she winked, "Now let's get you straightened up." Midori asked where the worse of it was and Sakura pointed to hero back. Midori helped Sakura lay on her stomach so she could better see the back wound. "Mm... You'll be fine. Do you care if it scars?" Midori asked. Sakura was silent for a moment, but then smiled. "I'd like it to, yeah." Sakura closed her eyes. "Alright then." Midori smiled and looked knowingly at Ryuunosuke.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 am