Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Third Time's The Charm [Closed]

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Third Time's The Charm [Closed]

Post by Genpaku Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:49 am

Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 GenpakuPostingHeaderBB

The way Genpaku saw it, either bringing all the Captains together to work on this was either the best plan or the worst. Mostly, it depended on whether any of the captains were already being controlled by this theoretical enemy. Granted, this theoretical enemy was beco.ming less so by the moment. What exactly they could do about it was a whole other question that would have be dealt with later. He gave her a small smile when she complimented him.
    “Thanks.”

Midori waved the conversation off, changing the subject. She brought the conversation back to Kaminari. She brought up how the others had people watching over them before getting a mischievous grin. Even Genpaku couldn't miss a queue like that, and there might have been some color in his cheeks from the implication. He gave her a glare that was undermined by the fact that Midori had obvious found a way to unbalance him slightly.
    “Yes, I think it would be best she stay here actually,” he said, which was likely not the response Midori was expecting given her jest. He took a breath, shaking his head.
    “Besides, I think you'd have a better chance of getting Lilith to come to the Fourth Division of her own free will rather than get Kaminari to leave here tonight,” he commented, walking over to the small kitchen.

“You want anything to drink?” he asked over his shoulder.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Third Time's The Charm [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 Header15_zps3wvmlskn

Midori loved that blush of his! It was so cute! Midori just giggled and her smiled widened when she was glared at too. "Hehehe. Knew it." she said before he began speaking, just another way to pick on him. He did throw her off though. She wasn't expecting him to agree so quickly. Her smile dropped and she tilted her head in surprise. "Yeah, you're right." Midori said and then turned toward the bathroom, "especially since SHE'S HIDING IN THE BATHROOM!" "SHUT UP! I'M NOT HIDING!" Kaminari's voice echoed out from the bathroom. "Yeah, right." Midori shook her head and chuckled, looking back toward Genpaku. "No, I should get back home. Came here expecting... worse, so I'm gonna go calm down. Thanks for the offer, and for calling me, and for protecting her. Keep up the good job and she'll be your girlfriend sooner than you think." Midori winked playfully and made her way out, "Goodnight."

Within moments of her stepping out of Genpaku's apartment, Kaminari came stomping out of the bathroom. "If I wanted to hide, you wouldn't know where I am!" Kaminari said before realizing Midori wasn't even there. She looked around to confirm it and then walked toward the kitchen to see Genpaku there. "When did she leave? Didn't even say bye..." Kaminari sighed with a mixture of relief and disappointment. She loved having Midori around, but that woman was such a pain sometimes! "I'm... gonna get started on dinner." Kaminari waist bumped him toward the living room, her signal for him to get out of the kitchen, and then began searching through the fridge. "Any preferences on it?"

Last edited by Serenity on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:12 am

Genpaku's blush certainly did return with Midori's parting comment, but she was gone before he could retort as she stepped out into the night air. He watched after her a moment, before shaking his head and turning back just in time for Kaminari to re-enter the room and shout at no one. He took the few moments to get himself back under control, mentally grumbling.
    “About a second and a half before you walked into the room,” he said over his shoulder as he dug into refrigerator, hunting for something to drink. He was shoved out however as Kaminari decided to take ownership of the kitchen. He didn't argue; for tonight, he decided he wasn't going to argue with much she said or wanted.

Not that he was going to say that to her of course. That was a recipe for trouble.

He walked over to the living room, but didn't much feel like sitting down.

“Not really; surprise me,” he said in a distracted way as he walked into the hall that led into the back few rooms. Among them was a guest room that Genpaku rarely put to use. If we're being entirely honest, it was usually just used as storage. He stopped at the hall closet and pulled out a few spare blankets and a pillow. He placed them on the bed before heading back into the living room. Without much else to do, he took a seat on the couch and let Kaminari go about her business. If she needed to ramble, then he listened and nodded along. If she needed silence, well he could give her that too.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:52 pm

Third Time's The Charm [Closed] - Page 2 Header2_zpsgjfd5m6w

Kaminari's head raised from the fridge and she looked back to see him walk off. Something was on his mind and it made her curious, so she walked over to the hallway and watched him. Kaminari couldn't step up in that instant. Her mind went elsewhere for a few moments. He vanished into the guest room and she walked after him a second later. When he stepped back out into the hallway, Kaminari was standing right there. "Um." She was still, like she had something to say, but was gathering the right words. She opened her mouth to speak, but nothing came out and she looked away frustrated. "Mm." Kaminari stepped forward and quickly threw her arms around Genpaku, "I owe you my life... three times over. Thank you for saving my life again and always showing up when I need you."

Kaminari only held that hug for a couple of seconds before quickly backing away from him. "Now... I'm gonna go... get dinner ready." she said before half turning away, "Thanks again." And so the energy magically seeped its way back into Kaminari's body as she returned to the kitchen. Kaminari began preparing what she knew to be one of Genpaku's most liked, maybe even favorite meals, and she cooked a lot of it. Once finished, she prepared his plate and then put a dessert she was trying in the oven before preparing her plate. "H-Hey... You're okay with me crashing on your couch tonight, right?" she asked as she sat across from him, speaking shyly, "I don't really want to be anywhere else, so..."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:30 am

Genpaku tilted his head slightly when he walked out and found Kaminari waiting there. She seemed to wrestle with what she wanted to say before she wrapped her arms around him. For the space of a heartbeat, Genpaku returned that hug.
    “Any time,” he said softly, giving small smile. She backed away, and he made no attempt to hold onto her. She commented about heading off to make dinner and he gave a nod.

He sat in the living room while she cooked, rolling around the events of the day and what information he had. Things were certainly more dire than he'd realized, but it wasn't all that surprising to him. He'd felt like things were quietly going to hell for a while now. Having confirmation at least removed the mystery of it; now he just had to figure out how it was going down and how to stop it. It was simple, right? Yeah, right. Still, they had a start and a lot of threads. If he could figure out where they converged, then they could trace it back to its source. Something was missing, and he had this horrible feeling he'd stumbled onto it without realizing it. Yet he couldn't place it, and so he had to keep stumbling around in the dark like everyone else.

Kaminari set down dinner, and he couldn't help by smile.

“Couch nothing; why did you think I pulled bed stuff down for the guest room?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. “You need to make a trip back to your place for anything? A little fresh air could be good for everyone,” he commented, making it sound off-handed as he let her know that she wasn't going to have to go alone if she wanted to. Truth be told, he wasn't planning on leaving her alone anyway; that had been the case even before Midori had suggested it. He took a bite of food to stuff down that thought, and looked back up at Kaminari.
    “Delicious, as usual,” he complimented.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:42 am

The silence of cooking dinner while your host was deep in thought made things more dull than normal. Kaminari needed ways to keep her mind occupied while she was cooking, so she kept glancing back to him and looking away if she was caught. She was doing in on purpose and made that obvious by sticking her tongue out every now and then. This was an obvious sign of Kaminari's stress. Anyone who knew her well knew she acted like a child when she couldn't handle what was going on in her hand. She was always full of energy and often playful, but a five year old she was not.

With dinner ready and on the table, Kaminari asked her question. Genpaku was always kind, so she assumed the answer would be yes, but it was still polite to ask. She was not expecting his actual implications though. She figured a night would be accepted and she'd move to the next house she crashed at, which would likely be Lilith's or Kei's. Genpaku instead implied she'd be staying here for a while. That was fine with her. Her own place was small, dull, and empty of any real entertainment most of the time. "I get the guest room?" Kaminari blinked and glanced back down the hall. It took a second, but she realized. "Ohhhh... I get it now." She blushed a little, putting her hands shyly in her lap, "Well, um... I-I guess so. Clothes? How long am I staying? I could bring some of the food too..."

"Thanks. Glad you like i-... Wait, you're gonna come with me? I don't even remember the last time you came over to my place!" Kaminari flailed her arms and put her hands on her cheeks, "It's probably a mess. I can't remember. My last seven showers were here, at Midori's house, or the training grounds. You can't come over!" Kaminari pouted and looked away. She was imagining her place as a pigsty with coats of dust everywhere. "I can go on my own! I'll just make a trip after dinner and be back quickly."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 am

“How long do you want to stay?” he asked as his only real answer to her initial series of questions.  He took a few more bites as Kaminari proceeded to have a small fit about him coming over to her place, which really seemed a might hypocritical when she couch surfed her way around the Soul Society don't you think?  Not that he was gonna say that, and he smiled at her pout and comment about going on her own.
    “Mess or not doesn't matter.  Though the fact that you spend so little time at home as to not be able to remember what state you left it in might make some worry,” he said, poking a small bit of fun at her.

Sometimes mundane arguments were the best way to distract from a crisis.

“If its so bad I just won't come in, okay?” he said as he took another bite.  He thought about asking if she really wanted to make the walk alone after what had happened just a short while ago, but felt it better if he didn't bring it up if he didn't need to.  Kaminari was a strange one, and the simple truth was he was still figuring out how she dealt with things.  She got upset, if not outright hysterical, from seemingly simple actions.  Letting her dictate what subjects to approach and a general feel of how to deal with them felt like the safer option in this case.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:22 am

"That question is not easily answered. I don't like being alone, so I stay everywhere else. You offering me a permanent room? Because I'd happily take you up on that. As I said, I don't really want to be anywhere else." Kaminari shrugged casually before having her fit about him coming over. She didn't remember the condition of her own home, so who could blame her? "It might, I guess, but people who know me understand. I hate that place, so it's better for me to completely avoid it at all costs." Kaminari nodded, a silly smile across her face. His offer not to come in made her smile.

"Appreciated. You're neater than I am. I have a habit of tossing stuff everywhere; the only time I keep things clean is in someone else's house. I don't really know why..." Kaminari trailed off in thought until she was reminded about something. She suddenly darted up from the couch and rushed over to the oven. For a brief moment, she tried taking the desert out with only her hands, but quickly realized she kinda needed help with that. Using oven mitts, she successfully saved his desert. It was the first time Kaminari had ever made them, so she hoped they were at least decent.

"If they're horrible, I'm sorry and will keep practicing until they're not." After taking the time to prepare them, she brought a plate of Anko Dango over to Genpaku. Needless to say, she was pretty nervous about it. She watched curiously as he took his first bite. "So, do they suck or are they okay?"

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:13 am

Genpaku gave a shrug at Kaminari's first question.  “Its not like I'm using the room otherwise.”

She seemed to appreciate his offer to not go into her home, and quick as anything was up and running back towards the kitchen.  He raised an eyebrow, but decided to leave her to whatever desert she had cooked up this time.  He turned his thoughts back to some of the disparate facts running around in his head as he tried to piece the lot of this together.  But a piece of the picture didn't tell him enough, and after a few minutes he gave up.  He put it on the back burner; if he gave things some distance and time maybe he could work out something.  Hopefully once more of the information was consolidated it would make things easier, and not more dangerous.  There was a worry there; if someone was going around controlling people in the Gotei, there was no telling who was a danger.  Even...

Kaminari spoke up, apologizing and walking over with a plate of something.  He looked up at her as she set it down and blinked a few times.  They might have looked a little mangled, but he'd recognize his favorite desert anywhere.  He gave a small smile despite himself, reached down, and picked up one of the skewers.  He took a bite as Kaminari questioned how they were.

“I don't know...” he said, stretching out the phrase as though considering it.  “They look a little like they walked through a shakkaho,” he said as though critiquing them before he suddenly gave a mischievous smile.
    “I'm just messing with you; they taste great.  Your record remains safe,” he said, sticking his tongue out at her.

“Seriously though, they're great.  Thank you.”
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:25 pm

"Hm." Kaminari set her elbow on the table and her chin in her hand. She had a bit to think about. Well, no. Not really. She shrugged. "Okay then. I'll bring some of my stuff here later tonight." First though, dessert. Kaminari's skill set and knowledge of different cuisine had always been a little off. Her meals were mostly Western, not what Genpaku was likely used to. She also was not used to cooking such meals, even if cooking was a recent discovery for her. His smile made her feel a bit better about the state of the Dango, but taste was the more important part. She hadn't messed up yet, so here's hoping! She put her hand behind her back and crossed her fingers as he took his first bite.

Kaminari uncrossed her fingers and crossed her arms instead at his comment. "Well, sorry. My knowledge of balls isn't great enough to perfectly form them." she brought her hands in front of her and made a motion similar to forming a rice ball, "And those are really small, so having less to handle wasn't making things easier either." Yep, enjoy that, because Kaminari had no idea what she said. An inner Midori and Lilith are dying of laughter somewhere else though. Kaminari visibly relaxed when she saw that bratty grin. And when he said he was joking, she sighed and put her hand over her heart. "Oh, good. Don't do that! I tried really hard with that!" she crumpled up a clean napkin and tossed it at his head, but she was able to smile and that made her feel better, "You're welcome."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:37 pm