Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Overcoming the Odds [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Overcoming the Odds [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Empty Overcoming the Odds [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:06 pm

Ryuusei didn't understand why his body was moving the way it was. The best way to describe it was being in a cockpit while it was on autopilot. He tried to flip the switches, press the buttons, and even fiddled with a pedal or two. The most he got was a wobble. Oh, and Ryuusei could wiggle his toes. Oh, that was so useful. He mentally paced back and forth. There wasn't a reason he could think of that would cause this. He didn't have an antenna sticking out of his head. Did he? No, he didn't. Ryuusei's body lurched forward. It was obvious that whatever was controlling him was not used to a body that could be sickly. Ryuusei was lucky he had a minor flare-up this morning. He was still mostly exhausted from that. The noon sky was covered with dark clouds—it'd probably rain soon. Ryuusei was in a ward of the Sixth Division. It was hard to know exactly where—all these damn alleyways looked the same. Ryuusei could see his target—the Seventh Seat of his division. Hiro Kirishima looked nervous as always. The poor, pudgy man was nice, but damn was he paranoid. Too bad he didn't see the awkwardly-held blade lunging for his back...
    Serenity
    Serenity

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Empty Re: Overcoming the Odds [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Header6_zpse1era8xf

Hanae Jukodo had a secret in her past and this secret often led her to the grounds of the Second and Sixth Divisions. Today, she was at the Sixth Division, hoping to catch a glimpse of someone important to her. Her eldest brother, J Saionji, sometimes wandered through his Division's area and she was able to check on him in a way. There wasn't much else she could do since she didn't feel worthy of telling them who she was. It had been an hour since she entered the area and she hadn't found him. She talked to a few of the members, but no one had seen him. He must have been busy with his family today. Hanae was on her way out of the Sixth when something strange caught her eye.

Hanae reacted as quickly as she could. Some recent training with her own Captain allowed her to shunpo a bit more accurately and so she vanished from sight. She reappeared about a foot away from Ryuusei and Hiro. She continued her charge and pushed Ryuusei away from Hiro as hard as she could, the momentum sending her own body to the ground. She rolled and quickly moved back to her feet. "What are you doing!" she shouted concerned, "Attacking your own squad-mate?" It was then that she saw Hiro had actually been cut. Hanae's eyes widened. "Are you okay?" "Y-Yea." "You need to get out of here. Go!" Hiro nodded at her and rushed off, holding his side. "Don't try and follow! You're fighting me now!" Hanae unsheathed her Zanpakutō and entered her stance, "I won't let you hurt him."
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Anger roiled within Ryuusei's body. He himself was more in shock than anything. But his body was expressing anger. He twitched against the wall as his hand tightened around his Zanpakutō. Ryuusei could feel the anger from someone outside of his body. That was his first clue that someone was controlling him. It wasn't a thing. That was good. If it was someone, they could fight. Ryuusei mentally sat and began to meditate. He tried to exert his self onto his body. Of course, that wasn't working just yet. Ryuusei's body lifted itself up strange. By strange, his legs just sort of slung his body upward. It was quite weird to look at. Ryuusei's head turned to the side as he stared hard at Hanae. He was snarling as he lurched forward. His head rapidly tilted to the other side as he sped up on his approach. His first swing missed. The katana broke ground, causing a gash in the tiled floor. There was an annoyed grunt as Ryuusei's body flung itself at Hanae, swinging its sword violently. "WHY. DO. YOU. DAMN. SHINIGAMI. KEEP. INTERFERING?!" With each word, it beat down on Hanae's Zanpakutō, forcing her backwards with the strength behind each blow.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:58 pm

This man wasn't even hearing her. He was moving so weirdly. Hanae took a step back, her eyes wide in fear and disgust at what this man's movements were. He was freaking her out. His first charge was one that Hanae could step back from, but then a flurry of blows came her way. She had a hard time keeping up with it. Left, right, up, down. It didn't matter which way this man was swinging his blade, Hanae was barely able to block. With each strike, she was forced back step by step.

"Wh- Sto-!" A strike came through. Hanae's side was cut open. Another strike came through and her cheek was cut. Hanae finally lost her balance and tripped over her own two feet. Her body went tumbling backwards and the man stepped over her, his sword once again connecting with hers over and over again until her Zanpakutō was hit from her hand. Hanae watched her blade slide across the ground in horror, looking back up to her attacker with wide eyes. He was going to kill her, wasn't he?

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Ryuusei stared blankly at the woman. Blood was leaking from her wounds. She had fallen. It was the end. His head twitched back upright. Ryuusei, in his mind, was screaming mentally. He couldn't stop this. He couldn't do anything. He wiggled those toes to his fullest extent. Ryuusei's body didn't react. It took a few steps forward, the sword spinning around in his hand. With a growl, the sword plunged into Hanae's chest. But... it didn't hit as predicted. Beneath her lung, between her ribs, the blade landed in a "sweet spot." Sure, there'd be a lot of bleeding. But that's it. He didn't hit the bone, the lung, or any organ.

Ryuusei's eyes went wide. "What?!" Ryuusei looked around. "How did I..." Ryuusei moved the left hand, trying to pull the sword out of the right hand. He had regained control over that. Ryuusei's right hand ripped the sword out of the left, and the left was left dangling. Ryuusei could only control his lower arm. "Damn it, I don't have much time left... I'll just have to settle for you!" Time slowed as Ryuusei opened what could be called his third eye. A red ribbon left Hanae's body, same with Ryuusei's. The sky, once grey, was now soaked scarlet with wriggling ribbons. Ryuusei noticed one that did not match. It was stark black, leading from his body. Ryuusei used his left arm to grab the ribbon. His right arm fell. His left arm pulled.

Blood.

Ryuusei's Zanpakutō clattered to the ground, and he knelt. He was breathing heavily, blood leaking from his mouth. There was a hole in his Shihakkusho. It was small, but it was there. "That... hurt... ow..." Ryuusei fell onto his stomach, facing downward. He could barely move his body now. "Uhh... sorry... I... uh, yeah... I can't talk right right now, but again, sorry... Didn't mean to... do all that... Ow, this hurts..."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:35 pm

Hanae thought she was done for, but even when that sword stabbed through through her body she knew it was okay. There was a strange shift in that man's aim. He didn't strike her like she expected and because of that she was going to live. Was this mercy? Was he playing a game? Hanae clenched her jaw shut tightly, her teeth showing as she tried to deal with the immense amount of pain. She gasped heavily as the sword left her body and took in a few deep breaths as she watched this strange scene before her. His own body was fighting him. That was it. Okay. Hanae understood what was going on.

"It's okay, Ryuusei." she strained to speak through her pain, but she still smiled at him. She reached over and pat his shoulder lightly. "I know. It wasn't your fault. Give me... y-your hand." Hanae waited a moment, but nothing happened. "I'm trying to move my hand. It's not moving is it?" Hanae shook her head and smiled weakly at him. She felt a little bad and scooted over to him, pulling his hand into her own and holding onto it. "There... Hopefully that'll show them... you're not bad. I'll... s-stick up... for you. I promise." Within a second of her promise, five Shinigami and Hiro came to see Hanae pass out.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:02 pm

Ryuusei was extremely happy to have control over his body. He just wished he could actually move his body now. But no, he was face-down and lying on cracked tile. He was even bleeding. Hanae reached over to him, and that comforted him. Ryuusei inhaled deeply as she spoke. She tried to comfort him. It sort-of worked. He was a little too worried about the pain and his illness flaring up. The latter he could feel happening now. As Ryuusei tried to move his hand as she requested. He couldn't feel her hand reach his. "I'm trying to move my hand. It's not moving is it?" Ryuusei tightened his fingers around hers and nodded. Ryuusei heard the approaching footsteps and sighed. "As you can see, we are holding hands." Ryuusei then corrected himself. "Well, she's more holding my hand... I can't move my body right now. Just so you know, that means I can't resist."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:54 pm

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Header10_zpsxjxwwpfg

It's been four to five hours since Hanae Jukodo and Ryuusei Saionji were brought in. Even though evidence suggested Ryuusei's innocence, until things were confirmed he would have to be restrained and guarded at all times. Hanae was free to do as she wished, though her condition wouldn't allow her to do much. Normally, the Saionji would have been called in on this much quicker, but Midori was hesitating quite a bit. She had discovered something that she didn't know how to explain. She checked it again and again, and each time it ended up the same way. Hanae Jukodo was the younger sibling of her boyfriend and the Captain of the Sixth Division. After deliberating for a while, Midori gave in and called Kazuo in about it. She gave little detail about the situation, but asked for him to come quickly.

When Kazuo arrived, Midori was sitting in her office chair with her hair sprawled everywhere. It looked like she had been messing with her hair a lot. "Oh, hello Kazuo. Thanks for coming so quickly, um..." Midori hopped up from her chair and looked around quickly. She grabbed a glass of iced tea and put it on her desk in front of where he would sit. "Please sit down. I need to talk to you about something... important." Midori said. She was obviously nervous. Ever heard that phrase of not shooting the messenger? Well, she was afraid of that kind of backlash here. "I-I-I... don't really kn-know how to tell you this, um..." Midori walked around to her side of the desk and sat down, grabbed a folder, and held to him. The folder contained a sheet of his, J's, and Hanae's DNA sample. "I checked it six times."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:27 am

Kazuo had been called in to the Saionji manor first. He had been briefed on a bit of the situation—or at least what J knew. Ryuusei had attacked someone. That was quite hard to picture to Kazuo. Sure, he had form. But actual combat? Kazuo honestly didn't think Ryuusei would be able to go through that without falling over, wheezing. He liked Ryuusei sure, but the kid was sick. But J assured him it was true. It was not long after that Midori called him. As he had not told J about them yet, he accepted it in a professional manner. Kazuo bade his brother farewell and made his way to the Fourth Division.

Kazuo smiled as he entered Midori's office. "You rang?" Kazuo was always happy to see Midori. She was so pretty and cute and nice... and his. That last part made him smile even more. However, she was not so pretty or cute right now. She looked exhausted. His smile dropped and turned to worry. She spoke up before he could say anything. Kazuo eyed the tea warily. "Uh, okay... Are you okay?" Kazuo asked while he was sitting down. He was beginning to be very concerned about her. She held out a folder in response. He read it carefully. It took him a minute to understand it. "This isn't a funny joke, Midori." Kazuo spoke with an underlying coldness. But she confirmed it wasn't a joke. "Then check it again. That isn't possible, Midori." Kazuo's coldness dissipated into anxiety. This... this was not going to go over well.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:34 am

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Header9_zpsx0zbgqar

Midori watched anxiously as he read the file. When he accused her of joking, Midori's eyes widened and she looked sadly offended. "I wouldn't joke about this!" she said and he told her to check it again. Again? Again!? Was he serious? Midori stood up angrily, slamming her hand on the desk before walking over to a bookshelf that had a small blood drawing kit on it. "Again? A seventh time, Kazuo? Because I'm obviously too stupid to understand the results the first six times? Fine. Blood, now!" Midori demanded and tossed the kit on the desk. She had spent the last few hours scared to death of what his reaction was going to be. Her own anxiety was through the roof. Being called a liar and a failure within five seconds of each other by the first man she ever let claim her was not making Midori happy.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:43 am

Fuck. Not good. Kazuo leaned forward, rubbing his temples as she slammed the kit on her desk. It just wasn't that simple. Right? "It's not that, Midori..." Kazuo sighed, then stood. He began pacing anxiously back and forth. "It's... Midori, if this is true, it means one of two things. One, she was exiled from the family and it was kept from me. Or one of my parents cheated on the other. And the latter is..." Kazuo turned to her, his face more worried than before. "The latter is a scandal, Midori. That's something none of the noble houses—let alone our house—needs after the bullshit with the Ishino. It could ruin us." Kazuo began pacing again. "And the former... If the former is true, then that means both my parents and perhaps even J have been lying to me this entire time." Once again, he turned to her, his arms spread wide. "Hell, what do I even do with a sister?! The only sibling I have ever had has been J. And he's... different," Kazuo said carefully, "than most people. I can't treat her like I do J. And..." He finally sat down, slumping back into the chair. "I just don't know, Midori. The only thing I know is that J has to know, and I have to be the one to tell him. I don't even know how, when, or even where I should tell him..." He let out a defeated one-breath chuckle and shook his head. "I'm going to need something stronger than iced tea..."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:58 am

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Header8_zps4suvfmic

Mission accomplished. Midori watched him intently. She listened to his words carefully, paying attention to how he said them, which words he chose. She needed to understand his true feelings on this matter and she got it. Once he finally calmed down, well... sat down, she walked up in front of him and bent over. She placed her hand under his chin and smiled lovingly at him as she made him look up to her. "Honey, you have no reason to panic and you do not need anything stronger than tea." she assured him as sweetly as she could, leaned in and kissed his cheek before brushing his hair behind his ears. She loved the feeling of his hair and snuck in a reason to touch it when she could. "Now think..."

Midori lightly pushed him back and slid herself into his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck, and laying her head on his shoulder. "The first thing you said... If she were exiled, you have no obligations. There was a reason for it and that's fine. If your Mother or Father were unfaithful to each other, then who cares? Yes, it would be a scandal if it got out, but that's something someone with your skill and resources can take care of easily. Maybe you don't even want to go about it that way. If you did not know about her, you could simply invite her home. Yes, home. As in, let her be with her family..." Midori raised her head from his shoulder and smiled at him, "You don't even know if she knows anything. She might have no idea and if that's the case, just take care of your little sister."

"She is younger than both of you, by the way." Midori told him with a light nod, "What to do with a sister? Nothing special. Treat her like you would a close friend and slowly a relationship will develop. You have to get to know each other. You didn't grow up with her like you did J. Everything takes time, and in a case like this I think being friends comes first. You're both adults, so it's not like you have to teach her; maybe train because from what I can tell she's no way near you or your brother's skill level... Oh, and don't be afraid of some scandal. The Saionji are a bit deeper in the Gotei Thirteen than any other Noble family. We've got your back." Midori winked playfully and kissed his cheek. "Okay?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:13 am

Midori had spoken well. That was another reason he liked this woman. Kazuo gave her a few apologetic looks that said "It's not that simple" or "That's not up to me." Kazuo might currently be the second-in-command of the Saionji, but there are some matters only J could decide on. As she spoke more, his arms wrapped around her waist to keep her on his lap. She had soft skin. It was almost as soft as his hair. As she finished, Kazuo sighed and leaned backwards. "All that advice... and you avoided the toughest part." He smiled at her playfully. "J has to know about this, Midori. And I have no idea how the hell I'm going to tell him." He sighed. "So we're going to do it." Kazuo leaned in and kissed her forehead. Then he slapped her ass lightly. "Stand up, we've got to get to my house two hours ago." Kazuo winked at her.

Once they were at the Saionji manor, Kazuo strode in with importance. The staff quickly got out of his way. At J's office, Kazuo told Midori to wait outside. He knocked twice. "J, it's Kazuo. I'm coming in." And Kazuo entered the room. Even if J told him to stop, he continued. "Sorry for the sudden intrusion, brother. We have a situation. A... big one." Kazuo inhaled, and his mouth drew into a fine line. "The Shinigami Ryuusei attacked. Hanae Jukodo is her name. She... she's our sister, J. She has... Midori's file calls it 'familial DNA' that matches ours. She said she ran it six times, and she was about to run it a seventh. I have her right outside if you want her to explain it better, but..." Kazuo handed the file to his brother. "I think what is written here will be more persuasive."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 am

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Header%203_zpszxwrwqpx

"Nuh'uh. That's the easiest part. Your brother will take the news well... Well, better than you think." Midori kissed his cheek after she got her forehead kissed and then squeaked as her ass was smacked. She blushed a little, giggling as she got up. "Alright, let's get going then." Midori grabbed her Captain haori and threw it over her shoulders, trying a string across to keep the sides together. She rarely wore the haori normally; she thought it was cuter this way. The two arrived at the Saionji Manor and Midori nodded to Kazuo when he asked her to wait outside, but not without playfully pouting at him.

Kazuo's announcement was acknowledged with a deep "Mhm." J was at his desk, reading through paperwork, and leaning back in his chair. Once Kazuo stepped in, he set the papers down and looked to his brother. Out of the corner of his eye, right before the door shut, J saw Midori waving at him with an oddly dorky smile. J blinked at her and then raised an eyebrow at Kazuo. "Explain." J said coldly, his voice hard. Kazuo's claim was almost unbelievable, but a few things flashed through J's mind very quickly. He couldn't entirely deny it. J took the file and read through it, his expression never changing.

"She's young, inexperienced, and conveniently was attacked by Ryuusei." J spoke as if he had been offended by this. His brow furrowed for a moment as she set the file down and pinched the bridge of his nose. "And you're sure that this is correct?" J asked and Kazuo probably felt a tingle in the back of his neck because of Midori. Once J got confirmation, he took a deep breath and sighed. "Then we have a younger sister. Has she been made aware of the situation? And how serious are her injuries?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:50 pm

Kazuo did feel that tingle. His mouth drew into the same fine line as before. "I..." Kazuo paused and thought for a moment. There were good ways and bad ways to answer this question. Kazuo chose what he felt was a non-commital answer. "I am confident in Midori's findings." J sighed and Kazuo's eyebrows rose in surprise. He was just... accepting it? No questions? No new information? Just... accepting it? Alarm bells rang in Kazuo's ears. "And... you're accepting it. Just like that?" He asked skeptically, as if he didn't believe his ears. "Okay then... No, I haven't told her. I felt that was something that... well, if it were going to happen, you should be the one to tell her. I don't know the extent of her injuries, except that she hasn't been able to move. Midori can fill you in on that." Kazuo then turned to the door. "Midori, come in here." He called out loud enough that his girlfriend would be able to hear through the wall. "J wants to know about her injuries. I told him what I knew, but I know you know more than I do."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:46 pm

"Accepting it? I asked you if you were sure this was correct, you said you were. I hope you would not lie to me, Kazuo." J's eyes narrowed almost threateningly toward Kazuo. He trusted his brother's opinion and valued Kazuo's advice and knowledge above anyone else within the Seireitei, so his brother's question came on as offensive to him. Once that was settled, he began asking about their apparent sister. "If it were to happen? If we have family, I prefer them under our roof. We will be going to see her soon." Within moments, Midori entered the room cautiously. She knew J would handle Kazuo talking to him well, but her? She was a different story. "Hello, Big Saionji!" she squeaked cheerfully.

"Hanae's injuries are not fatal. She's bruised in a few places, bumped her head when she fell so there is a pretty big knot, a cut on her cheek, and the worst injury is a stab wound through the chest that quite surprisingly missed every vital organ and went between the muscles. My examination said he ripped something out of him during the fight; I'm not sure what it was yet, but that is being dealt with. I do know that the two were also holding hands?" Midori raised a curious eyebrow at that, wondering what exactly that was supposed to mean, "Did you know her before hand?" "No. I did not. I've never met a Hanae Juk-..." J stopped mid-sentence and sighed, "Kazuo... There's something I need to tell you. Captain Hayashi, please leave me and my brother to speak with one another."

Midori nodded and hurried back out of the room. J stood up and looked directly at his brother. "Please forgive me for keeping this from you for so long. It was our grandfather's wish." J explained, sighing as he walked around his desk to stand near his brother, "Our Father had an affair with a woman from the Rukongai when you were very young. I over heard the conversation, which is the only reason I am aware of it. It is because of that event that he was executed..." J kept out a rather important detail of this for his own personal reasons, "... and I became the Head of our Family. Again, I am sorry. Mother, Grandfather, and I agreed that it would be the best if you did not have to carry that burden."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:59 pm

Kazuo frowned when J asked Midori to leave. So he was hiding something... He crossed his arms as J spoke. This was... Kazuo's expression didn't change. It was annoying to say the least. The most was... "So... that's how we have a sister, huh?" Kazuo asked, his voice slightly tinged with annoyance. After getting confirmation, Kazuo nodded. "And so you were never going to tell me, that it?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. His tone had an underlying scathe to it. "The younger one can't handle the truth. I get it. Back then, yeah, you all were in the right for that."

And then, Kazuo un-crossed his arms and pointed at himself. "But now? I'm an adult. I can handle that burden. That's something you should have told me, now that I'm, oh I don't know, older. I'm glad to know what happened to Father, but I should have been told this sooner than this." Kazuo then sighed and held up a hand to keep J from commenting. "And to make sure you're not kept in the dark any longer. I'm dating Midori now. About a week ago, I asked her out and she said yes. So you're the first I've told." Kazuo turned around, still slightly annoyed. "C'mon. We have a..." Kazuo had trouble saying the next word, "sister to meet."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 pm

J said nothing. There was a lot Kazuo had said and much more he didn't understand. Part of it, J had no ability to admit. It was a secret he would keep to himself forever, at least he hoped so. As Kazuo mentioned Midori, slight surprise showed in J's eyes, but everything else stayed stoic. Kazuo walked off and J stood still. It took a few moments for J to move. He stared at the spot Kazuo had been for a while. When he finally moved he grabbed the is sisters file, his Captains haori, and swung the cloak over his shoulders before walking out. He passed both Midori and Kazuo without looking at either of them and continued his journey without a word. Midori noticed this and looked worriedly at Kazuo.

Midori followed the two to Hanae's room in the Fourth Division. She was the first who went into the room and when she got this look at Hanae, she could see the resemblance quite well. Hanae was still asleep, but her vitals were all looking good. "She's not sedated anymore. You can wake her." Midori smiled to them both and went to step out of the room. Before she did, she snuck a quick kiss onto Kazuo's cheek. "Just smile at her." she whispered, "You'll do fine." Midori left them in the room and J stepped up to one side of the girl, sitting down on the one chair on that side. There were two others on the opposite side of Hanae's bed. As if on queue, Hanae began to wake up and J stood back up.

Hanae woke when she felt a strange presence. She moved in her bed a bit, whimpered from the pain, and then opened her eyes. She was shocked as all hell to see J standing over her. She sat up quickly, only to feel a sharp pain in her stomach. She winced and laid right back down. "Ow, ow..." she whimpered and looked to see Kazuo as well. Hanae's heart began to race, and the machine let both of the brothers know it. The beeping from the machine just kept speeding up as she looked back and forth between the two in a panic. "U-U-Um... H-H-Hell-Hello? A-Am I in trouble? I-Is Ryuusei okay?" J was actually stuck. He stared a little too intensely at her, his mind everywhere and none of it calm.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:28 am

Kazuo leaned in to Midori during his walk to her Division. "Later, I'd like to talk." He didn't say much more after that. There was a cloud over him, and it was not a pretty one. Kazuo saw the resemblance too. It was eerie. It wasn't right to say the least. Kazuo shift comfortably when Midori kissed his cheek. "I'll try." He watched her wake, trying to smile. It must not have looked too convincing. Her concern for Ryuusei, however, was what brought a small, genuine smile to his face. "No, you're not in trouble." Kazuo shook his head. "As for Ryuusei... The doctor said he's going to be fine. Health-wise, at least. Anything more than that is..." Kazuo almost said none of your concern. But it was now. She was a Saionji, at least in blood. His mouth drew back into a line briefly. "Under investigation. We'll have top men from the Seventh Division look into this. But that's not why we're here." Kazuo looked to J. "You're the one to tell her, J." It's not my burden, Kazuo nearly spat.
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:21 am

J did not smile or attempt to comfort the girl while she panicked. His mind was elsewhere and his brother's tone toward him did not help in the end. J did not look to Kazuo and kept his attention on his little sister. She was so small, completely opposite to Kazuo and himself. She had the black hair and their Father's eyes. This young girl really was their sister. J did not know how to handle that now that he was here. He was confused, nervous, and even a little scared. His expression showed that for a while, even after Kazuo had told him to speak up. He truly was stuck. Hanae stared at him for a few moments, looking to Kazuo as if she wanted to ask his help, but turned back to J again when she realized. Hanae lowered her head in shame and put her hands over her face as she held back tears.

"Momma said not to tell. She said it was better for both of you if you didn't know I existed. I can tell you know!" Hanae said slightly muffled, but clear enough to be understood. She lowered her hands and looked at them, crying as she explained herself. "I wanted to come see you so many times. She said I couldn't and then when she died, I was alone. I tried talking to you, but you were so scary. I thought you'd hate me. I thought you'd want nothing to do with me, so I wanted to make sure I was worthy of your name first! I know what happened. I know how I was born, so... I understand if you do hate me." Hanae kept talking through her sobs the entire time. J stayed stuck, his mouth open to speak, but nothing ever came out. He just stared at her, unsure of what to say or even feel. Finally, he reached out and placed his hand on Hanae's head making her stiffen and look to him. "No tears."

"It has taken me some time to understand something m-... our grandfather told me years ago." J moved his hand from her head and then wiped her tears away before brushing her hair back, "Like pristine glass, we all absorb the prints of our handlers, but those prints can be washed away." J let that sink in for a moment. His expression softened as he watched Hanae wipe the rest of her tears away. "I do not hate you Hanae. You have done nothing wrong. What our parents did does not have to effect where we go from here. The fact is, you are our little sister. How you came into this world does not change that fact. No matter the situation, I would like you to be part of our lives and I'm sure Kazuo feels the same way." J left that there for Kazuo to speak up. Hanae glanced shyly to him too.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:37 am

So she knew too, huh? Kazuo's brow furrowed, and he felt more and more uncomfortable here. His smile waned as she continued. He could understand her want to meet them and all. That didn't stop his wanting to simply stop this and walk out. The one thing keeping him there was Kazuo's duty as part of the Saionji. That was it. J's speech was all correct. He couldn't counter anything there. But he still didn't like this situation one damn bit. J passed the torch to Kazuo, who was still not smiling. He stayed silent for a moment, then sighed. "I would like to get to know you as well. As J said, you did nothing wrong." Kazuo nodded to himself. "It wasn't your fault how you were born. I won't hate or dislike you for something you can't control. On the same vein though, I won't automatically like you just because we are related. As I said, getting to know you would be good for all of us."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:50 am

Hanae was surprised by both of them. She had only heard about J's strictness and how he is unapproachable. She had witnessed it multiple times, but he was almost warm here. Kazuo was also the opposite. He was supposed to be the outgoing one that was easy to talk to, but right now he was making Hanae feel insecure. She said nothing to either of them. She looked back and forth between them again and then picked up her blanket. She wiped her face a bit and then pushed up the best smile she could conjure. "O-Okay." Hanae said softly and moved her blankets so she could stand up. However, she was quickly met with a finger to the forehead and was pushed back down into the bed. "No. Rest. We'll take you home when Captain Hayashi gives you the clear." J explained and sat down in his chair after scooting it closer to the bed, "Now, if you don't mind... Explain to me what occurred between you and Ryuusei. Every detail that you can remember, while it's fresh in your mind."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:00 am

Before Hanae could answer, Kazuo interjected. He spoke to J first. "I'm going to step outside and speak with Midori. See how Ryuusei's doing." Kazuo turned around and gave a somewhat forced smile towards Hanae. "It was good meeting you. I hope we can get to know one another soon." And so, Kazuo left that room. He stood outside the door, scowling. He shook his head, sighing. He saw Midori down the hall and walked to her. "Midori..." Kazuo sighed, and leaned in to speak with her quietly. "I know it's really sudden... And we haven't been dating too long, but... can I stay with you for a few days? I..." Kazuo's face twitched in discomfort, "need a break from J right now. The only thing that kept me from punching him during the time he asked you to leave was because you were right outside. So... yeah. If you don't want me to, that's fine too... I just thought I'd ask."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:19 am

Overcoming the Odds [Closed] Header10_zpsxjxwwpfg

As Kazuo left, J said nothing and Hanae waved to him with a kind smile across her features. "I hope so too." she said sweetly before he left and then turned to J to explain. Outside, Midori was dealing with a few bits of paperwork and organization issues while waiting on the Saionji Family to finish their business. She hadn't expected Kazuo so early and turned to him concerned. "Yes? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly. She turned her ear to him as he leaned in and was surprised by his request. She blushed immediately, but the concern on her face didn't fade.

"I feel like something bad happened between you two..." Midori sighed and rubbed the back of her head, "The answer is obviously of course, but are you sure it's what you should do? You did find out a lot today," Midori motioned toward his sister's room, "And you doing that may send a wrong message. As I said, the answer is yes, without a doubt, but I want you to be sure about this, okay?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:27 am

Kazuo furrowed his brow, then sighed. "He knew about... the situations leading up to Hanae's birth. And he kept it from me. And she knew too. I was the only one left out of the loop. That has pissed me off." Kazuo sighed. "And I need a few days away from J. If I don't... I might end up saying something very wrong. And none of us, including Hanae, need that. It might send the wrong message to them, but... I know that in the end, it'll be better. And I'll explain it to them once I'm calmer. Right now though, I'm anything but calm. And if I'm going to have to learn how to have a little sister, it's damn well going to be when I don't feel like decking my older brother."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:53 am