Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Released [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Released [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Released [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Released [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Released [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Released [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Released [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Released [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Released [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Released [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

Released [Closed] Empty Released [Closed]

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:00 am

Hanae had been trying to see Ryuusei since he was arrested, but no one would allow her in. She had given up after a while, but kept up with his case. Last night, she found out that he had been cleared and was going to be released the following morning. She felt bad that he had to stay in there so long and didn't entirely understand why either.

When morning came, Hanae rushed through her morning routine and made her way to the Sixth Division's cells. She wasn't allowed in still, so she decided to wait outside for Ryuusei to come out. Of course, they delayed his released by a couple of hours and Hanae was forced to wait there until he finally came out. Each time the door opened, her head shot up to see who it was, her hopes dashed each time. She ended up complaining to the main guard for twenty minutes before he decided to get off his ass and check in out. It turned out Ryuusei's file had been misplaced.

"I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T RELEASE HIM LIKE YOU'VE BEEN ORDERED I WILL GO STRAIGHT TO CAPTAIN SAIONJI!" Hanae's voice rang out with anger that shook the building. At first the threat didn't work, but Hanae's glare convinced him. The guard went back and began searching for the file to get the release form. After a few minutes of looking, he found the file and went back to released Ryuusei like he should have been in the first place. Unfortunately, this didn't happen until it was almost lunch time. When he came out, Hanae was sitting on a stone bench. She saw him come out and stood, rushing to his side. Without thinking, she went in for a quick hug, "Finally! Are you okay?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Released [Closed] Empty Re: Released [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:19 am

Ryuusei had not been informed he was going to be released. The same officer who had misplaced his file had forgotten to tell him the good news. Ryuusei was given his own cell, unlike other prisoners. He was afforded some luxuries the others weren't as well. His meals were nowhere near as luxurious as he was used to, but they were damn good compared to regular "prison food." Ryuusei also had a guard posted near him at all times for if his illness acted up. And so far, it had. Ryuusei's body even now was under a lot of stress from the incident before. They said if it acted up again, he would instead be placed within the Fourth Division's clinical cells. Ryuusei hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Ryuusei had just bitten into the sandwich when his cell was unlocked. He was told to go and that someone was apparently there to pick him up. Ryuusei raised an eyebrow, but shrugged. He scarfed down the remainder of his sandwich and left the small side of mashed potatoes for someone else. Ryuusei's haori had been sent back to the Saionji manor, but his Zanpakutō was kept at the recieving desk. He took it back, thanked the receptionist for looking after it, and left. Well, he tried to leave. He was instead blocked by an attempted hug. Ryuusei stepped slightly backwards, not recognizing Hanae at first.

Once he did recognize her, Ryuusei caught her before she fell. He held her up briefly. "You should probably not look like you're trying to attack me, you know." Ryuusei gave a bit of an apologetic smile. He didn't mean to dodge a sign of socializing. He had avoided a percieved attack. After what he did, he wouldn't be surprised. Plus, he didn't recognize Hanae. The sun had made her only look like a black shadow. "Yeah, I'm okay. Miss... uh... I think I forgot your name." Ryuusei blinked as he tried to remember her name. "I know who you are and all, but I just can't place your name. And were you the one that the guard said was here to pick me up? I mean, I live only about two blocks over... I don't really need someone to pick me up. I don't mind the walking company though."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 am

She probably should have given him some warning, but she was lost in the moment. She almost fell forward, but was caught when Ryuusei realized it was her. Hanae looked guilty for a moment and nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. Normally she'd give him some space, but she had been so worried about him. Before he got a chance to talk again, Hanae took that extra step to make sure she got her hug out of it. He didn't really return the hug, but that's okay. Not everyone liked them, so she appreciated that she was allowed to do it. She let him go and then continued.

Hanae smiled and giggled at his inability to remember her name. "We've only spoken once, and it was on the same day we met. I do not expect you to remember me, Ryuusei." Hanae comforted, but made sure to add his name to pick on him a bit. It was like she was saying 'I remember yours' in a teasing way. "I'm Hanae, Hanae S-... Jukodo. And before you ask, I know that was weird. I'm having a bit of an identity crisis right now, so until I figure it out just call me Hanae. You don't need to say Miss either." Hanae took a moment to stare at him. It may have been a little odd, but she soon explained. "It's like I'm seeing a friend for the first time in years. I've been worried about you being in there. I made sure to testify for you. I don't know what the other guy said though. How was it? You sure you're okay?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:42 am

Ryuusei sort-of let the hug happen. He didn't care too much about the hug. He had seen people give hugs to friends, family, and sometimes even strangers for no apparent reason. Maybe she was just one of those weird people that did the latter. No, she obviously saw him as a friend. Which was odd, as Ryuusei could not even remember her name. He tried hard but to no avail. But of course, she had to remember his name! Rude. She was picking on him. At least it wasn't because he was shorter than most men. "Hmm, fair point." Ryuusei nodded and listened to her introduction. She definitely was an odd one. "Alright, Hanae." Ryuusei spoke with enough clarity that it was as if he were saying her name for the hundreth time.

"I was only in there for two weeks... And if we met once, I'm a little confused as to how it felt that way for you..." Ryuusei gave a bit of a shrug. "But it wasn't too bad. I was only in the actual cell for a week. The first week I was still in the Fourth Division. They did a lot of tests on me and monitored my condition. But I'm fine, I guess. I miss the food at the Saionji manor, but I think they gave me better food than other prisoners because I am a Saionji." Ryuusei nodded to himself. "How about you? How have you been since I—since then?" Ryuusei, despite not having much social tact, knew that he probably shouldn't say "since I attacked you."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:36 am

"That's better." Hanae said cheerfully when he spoke her name. Hanae was going to comment on his confusion, but let him continue. When he ended with a question, she put up a finger. "Hold that thought." she said and then motioned with her hands for him to rewind, "Don't let it confuse you. I know it wasn't that long and we've only met once, but I felt bad! You were being controlled; I knew it. I could see it in your eyes and when you came back to being yourself, I couldn't imagine how bad you must have felt knowing what happened. I was worried because I'm not mad at you and I'm not scared of you. I just wanted you to be able to go home and put all of this bad stuff behind you."  

Hanae let that sort of settle in his mind. She gave him a chance to reply and once he was done, she used her hands to motion going forward this time. I've been fine. No injuries, no scars, no pain, nothing. Captain Hayashi fixed me up quicker than I thought possible actually." Hanae explained as she pushed her hair behind her back. She looked back toward the Saionji Manor and then to him again. "Well, I'm here to walk you home, so... We've got a bit to catch up on." Hanae gently grabbed onto his arm and sort of tugged to get him to start walking. Once he did, she let him go and just walked beside him like normal. "Mainly the fact that I'm now living with the Saionji. I didn't know who should tell you, so I asked J. He gave me permission to, so I guess that's another reason I'm here. Promise not to tell anyone, okay?"

Hanae had no doubt in her mind that Ryuusei was loyal to the Saionji, but she had to bring it up anyway. Once he promised, she took a deep breath and looked him in the eye. "I'm sort of they're younger half-sister. I grew up with my Mom, but she died a while back and I came to meet my family. At first I wasn't ever going to say anything, but when I got hurt..." Hanae glanced away because her getting hurt was because of their incident, "... Captain Hayashi noticed the similarities in our DNA and... Well, I kind of wanted to thank you. Because of our meeting, I can have a family."

"Oi!" Hanae ran in front of him to stop him from walking, placing a hand on his chest for a brief moment to fully stop him, "I know this is a lot to take in. I hope it doesn't overwhelm you. I should have eased into it... I'm sorry."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:34 pm

Ryuusei was surprised to be interrupted. Only J, Kazuo, and Yurina had ever done that to him. Her explanation was calming to him and made him understand her a bit better. He gave a large nod. "Well, thank you for not being mad at me. Or scared of me. No offense, but it'd probably be a bit embarrassing to be scared by me." Ryuusei gave a small chuckle before continuing. Hanae was a nice girl, and he didn't feel necessarily wrong talking with her. She was genuine with her intentions, and he could be genuine too. Although, his bluntness would probably cause problems later on...

Ryuusei's eyes widened in shock as she told him the truth behind herself. She was... a Saionji? And not only that, she was part of the main branch? "Ohh, I see it." Ryuusei briefly interrupted her. Looking at her now, he saw some of the Saionji traits within her. Not just the eyes and hair, but the way she was shaped and all. There was resemblance to J in there, as well as some from Kazuo. Ryuusei nodded along, then looked quite confused as she thanked him for this. "Eh?" Ryuusei listened further, still eyeing her confusedly. Hanae... didn't know, did she?

"Well, you're welcome for allowing the Saionji to recognize you, but I think you might misunderstand something... Or well, might not know it. I'm not a blood Saionji. I carry the name because of my sister's marriage—as well as Lord J's kindness and generosity. I can wear the haori because I worked my way up through adverse circumstances. I'm probably the Saionji they can most easily cast out, truth be told." Ryuusei shrugged. "Hanae, it didn't overwhelm me or anything, so I don't see a need for you to apologize. You're sort-of like a cousin-in-law to me, if we're going by familial ties. So, I don't know how much you becoming, well being a Saionji is going to affect me." Ryuusei held up a hand to stop her from saying anything. He wasn't done talking.

"All that said though, I think it'll be a good thing. For me, that is. There's someone else that's new to the family. Someone I can... relate to? I think? I also don't want you to feel obliged to get to know me just because we were blood-related, so that's why I told you we weren't. There's too many people that tried to get to know me just because I carry this surname. Didn't care about me, just my name." Ryuusei gave Hanae a very small, but gentle smile. "Another thing to be thankful for is that you don't seem to be like that kind of person. You seem... genuinely nice. I mean, you met me once under very... strange circumstances, and the first thing you do when you see me again is hug me? Yeah, you seem like a good person. You're a very good fit for the family."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:10 am

Hanae chuckled once when he did. She didn't get why it'd be embarrassing, but she wasn't aware of his sickness at the moment. That was something J and Kazuo had not mentioned to her yet. She explained herself as nicely as she could to get the point across without revealing as certain aspect of her birth. That was something that embarrassed her and sometimes makes her wonder whether she should even exist. Ryuusei seemed to take the news pretty well; she kind of expected to be accused of lying. Luckily, he was a sweetheart and did no such thing, so she was relieved.

Hanae moved to his side again so the two of them could start walking back home. Most-to-all of her attention was on him, so she took in every word he said. She was going to speak up once, but was stopped. She put her hand over her mouth shyly and let him continue. When he smiled, she did too. It made her feel much less like an outcast. She put her hands behind her back, her cheeks turned red, and she couldn't really look at him. "You're making me blush..."

Hanae looked away from him for a while, trying to get the blush to calm down. It took a bit, but once it did, she turned back to him with a small bit of pink still on her cheeks. "I know you're not and I don't care if you're not blood-related, Ryuusei. I'm not talking to you because I might have thought that or anything..." Hanae rubbed the back of her head, brushing her hands through her hair a bit, "To be honest, and don't repeat this to anyone, I've been more interested about getting to know you than my own brothers... J's scary to me and I'm sure Kazuo dislikes that I exist." The mood turned more depressing after she said that, the sadness showing in her eyes, "They're both wonderful people, but they are still men. They're people and my showing up is a pain and a stain on the Saionji reputation. I'm sure J's invitation to live here is only because he didn't want bad publicity. Otherwise, they would have taken longer to decide."

Hanae sighed and put her hands over her face. She probably shouldn't have in that moment because she ended up tripping over a raised slab of concrete and went tumbling forward. She yelped as she was about to hit ground, but never made it. She turned to look at Ryuusei and quickly got back to her feet with his help. "S-Sorry! Heh, I'm not usually that clumsy." Hanae said and then glared back to the concrete like it was her worst enemy, "I just realized how bad everything I was saying sounded. I don't want people to think I don't like them; I just understand they're leaders and extremely important to the Gotei and noble houses." Hanae sighed in frustration. "I suck at talking..."

Last edited by Serenity on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:12 am

Ryuusei, honestly, didn't know how he was making her blush. It was something that he didn't understand about women. They got blushy over the weirdest things. He was surprised to hear that she knew about him. A lot of people didn't realize he wasn't a blood-related Saionji. Then again, you don't question someone with the surname "Saionji" unless that, too, is your surname. "Good." Ryuusei nodded. He was glad to hear that she didn't talk to him because of that. He was, once again, surprised by her being interested in getting to know him. "Why?" Ryuusei interrupted her, his tone one of complete confusion. It was like she put up a quantum physics equation and asked him to interpret it.

J was scary, but he doubted that about Kazuo. From what Ryuusei knew about Kazuo though, he didn't very much like sudden change. He also respected the house more than anyone else (other than J). So maybe she threw a wrench into his thoughts, but he didn't think Kazuo disliked her. Unbeknownst to Ryuusei though, Kazuo had not been at the Saionji manor since the attack on Hanae. "So... I'm not a man?" Ryuusei raised an eyebrow as he interrupted her again. He was genuinely confused about that. She continued on, and Ryuusei replied. "Lord J probably let you in because it was the right thing to do. Master Kazuo is the one that forces him to keep up the face of the Saionji more than he'd probably like. Lord J probably just wanted to make sure everything was okay with adding you in... Noble houses are far more complicated than anyone on the outside realizes. It was very unconventional for them to accept me into the house. My sister was, thankfully, my legal guardian at the time so they were able to use that as leverage."

Ryuusei caught her the best he could. He was still not 100% (well, what 100% for him was). He couldn't perfectly catch her like a prince would. No, it was a little rough and clumsy. "No you don't. And I should know. I suck at talking." Ryuusei nodded, then continued on. "I don't think you do understand that. Well, I mean you understand the fact that they are, but you don't understand what it is they can and can't do. Also, I can't fault you for being afraid to criticize them. It is almost unheard of for someone to do that. So being a bit more able to by being their relative is... frightening, I imagine. I don't talk to people much, so I haven't had too much to complain about when it comes to them. Though, this isn't a critique, but a fact. Lord J is scary." Ryuusei looked at her seriously so that fact would get imprinted onto her. "So... why didn't you come to Lord J or Master Kazuo before? I think hearing that from you might have eased them into it a bit better. Well, from the way you're talking it sounds like they're not taking it well."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:45 am

Taken aback by his interruption, Hanae stared dumbfound at Ryuusei for a moment. "Wait, what? Are you asking why I would want to get to know you?" she questioned almost as confused as him, and then went on when she got his answer. The look on his face was hilarious. She couldn't help but giggle. "You're kinda cute." she said and then cleared her throat, embarrassed by the compliment she had just given him. "Because we met in the crappiest of situations and I'd rather not leave it that way? And because you're the only person at home that doesn't look like they'll eat me. Also, because I like your face. You've got a gentle way about you and it's extremely refreshing when you set my brothers by your side. I don't feel so... judged, I guess. Besides, I could use a friend since most of mine are in the Tenth."

The conversation went on from there and she was once again confused when he interrupted her. She blinked in surprised at the implication and then retraced her words. Face-palming herself, she waved her hands in front of her. "That's not what I meant, ugh!" Hanae shook her head at herself and then waved the problem off so she could continue to try and get her point across. When he replied, Hanae received a bit more of his story. She knew that he had been adopted into the Saionji, but not why or how. "Wow. Sounds to me like the Saionji are more open than most families are. I kinda like that." Hanae's gaze went soft for a minute as she thought on what her brothers' actions meant.

And then she pulled a clumsy and almost fell on her face. Hanae didn't care how graceful the catch was. Her nose was still intact and that is what mattered! "You do?" Hanae replied with a bit of surprise. She thought their conversation was going well, so she may not have noticed it. She was someone who could accept many different mannerisms as well, so maybe he had a few she hadn't noticed yet? "I probably don't understand it. It's something I'll have to learn or just keep my nose out of. It will be up to them what I do and don't do." Hanae nodded to herself and then she ended up giggling a lot when he called J scary. It was his serious look. She couldn't really take it... well, serious!

"Oh my goodness. That was so rude. I'm sorry." she wiped a small tear of joy from her eye before looking back to him, "Someone as sweet as you shouldn't fear anyone. From what I can tell, my brothers like you more than anyone else in the house, so you don't have to fear either of them. I guess I can't see you fearing anyone; I don't know why. It's probably the eyes. You look like you've dealt with more than most people." Hanae took a moment to think on his questions. He was right. She should have came forward on her own, but she didn't have the courage to. "That's a little hard to answer. I didn't plan on ever coming forward. Well, I did, but not any time soon. I wanted to wait until I was strong enough to call myself a Saionji. I didn't want them to be disappointed in who I was. I thought 'if they meet me and see a powerful Shinigami, then they can accept me easier. I'll fit in better.' It just didn't work out that way..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Cute? Him? Yeah right. It didn't stop the blush though. It was only a minor hint of pink, but it was there. Ryuusei shifted mildly uncomfortably, then continued on his way with her. "I can understand most of that. It will be nice having someone else that's new here... Lady Maaya is a bit hard to approach about befriending despite her being so new..." Ryuusei was simply intimidated by how close she was to J. One screw up and he would be toast. No need to complicate matters. Ryuusei spoke up quite a lot more than usual with Hanae. It was odd, but it felt mostly right. He did interrupt her (something he'd have to be told to stop doing) of course. Though, why would he not? She said some odd things.

"If you are looking for tradition-bound, I believe the Nakahara are the family you should talk about." Ryuusei nodded, knowing full well that they were quite beyond the scope of a half-sister. The Nakahara and Saionji had... a working relationship. They did not hate one another, but they did not like one another either. "Mmm, I suppose I have. There have been a few times I nearly died due to my illness... I guess that might give me the sort of look you describe, although I can't see it myself."

What caught Ryuusei's attention the most, however, was her answer to his question. His eyes widened. His lips parted. And he nodded along. He understood her reasoning more than anyone could know. "That is more than a respectable answer." Ryuusei nodded, showing his approval. "That is the start of why I can wear the Haori, truth be told. I wanted to prove that I was worthy of the surname I was given as well as the chance Lord J gave me. I worked hard through times I probably should not have even left my bed. It was with hard work and determination I rose to where I am now." Ryuusei looked at her, gentle as a breeze. "But that is because I had to prove myself. You don't. Lord J is, perhaps surprisingly, understandable. He may have high expectations, but they are still reasonable. He understands that circumstances—whether it be age, birthright, or even a different teacher can influence how good someone is. What I'm saying is that you shouldn't worry too much about that. Even if you don't blow him out of the water so to speak, he is a stickler for people who want to better themselves. That's why he lets me wear the haori."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 pm

"I haven't been able to meet her yet. Well, I've seen her around, but haven't really been introduced. It feels weird to just walk up to her, and I don't know why." Hanae explained and followed it with a shrug. She said nothing about the Nakahara because she had no real opinion on them. She wouldn't want a more traditional noble family because they always cause problems for other people. The openness of the Saionji were probably why they were trusted and almost loved in the Seireitei. Even if their members are on the scary side, the Saionji seemed more like people, not royalty. "Huh?" Hanae caught that illness thing and decided to poke at it a bit, "What illness? You don't look sick to me."

When they got on the subject of her reasons for not coming forward, Hanae was more than happy to hear his feelings on it. It was something that he had apparently been through, so he understood her feelings more than most. He even respected her for it? That was a bonus! Maybe she'd fit in more than she thought. "Well, that's good to know, but it doesn't really help me now." Hanae sighed as a thought came to her head, "If it had succeeded, they would have seen me at my best and been impressed there. Now, it's not like I can go up to him and tell him what I told you. It'll make me feel like I'm seeking attention and I don't want that. I have to figure out another way to get them to be happy with me."

The pair soon came on the Saionji gate without Hanae even realizing how close they were to home. When she saw the gate, she smiled, "Home sweet home." One of the guards at the gate saw them approach and instead of wait for there arrival, he turned and ran inside. "Uh..." Hanae blinked when she saw it and looked to Ryuusei in confusion and even a bit of worry in her voice, "Are we in trouble? He looked like he was going to tell on us or something."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:49 am

"You'll see soon enough." Ryuusei did not like his illness. "It's uncurable and pops up when I'm under a lot of stress. So needless to say, I've been close to being hospitalized again since the incident." Ryuusei nodded and left the subject there. It wasn't something to discuss here. He enjoyed the remainder of their conversation. Hanae was far more respectable than he imagined. He would respect her because she was a Saionji of course. But her answer gave him a glimmer of himself in her. "Why? What is keeping you from proving yourself as you wanted to? You can do it quietly, then announce your reasonings. I think that will still make a major impact on Lord J."

Ryuusei didn't understand the guard's actions either. "I don't know." Ryuusei quietly continued through the manor gates. "I think they may have wanted to inform Lord J or Yurina that I'm back. ...I honestly don't know which they would inform first." Ryuusei decided to continue moving towards his room. As he turned to open his door, he realized Hanae was still with him. "Well, thank you for walking me home. It has been a pleasure to get to know you."
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:05 am

The tone of his voice made Hanae not ask anything further. She didn't want to bother him about his illness since he seemed to not want to talk about it anyway. The subject was left there and Hanae went to contemplating his question about her reasons for not still working on her goal. "I honestly don't know. I could, but it feels different for some reason." Hanae rubbed the back of her head while trying to collect her thoughts, "I guess... it's because... he has... my file? I'm transferring to the Sixth, so he knows what I can do. Since he already knows, how will it impress him? I mean, I am trying to gain my shikai, but it's happening much slower than I like. I don't know how long most people take to gain it, but it feels like I'm taking way too long. Standing by their sides, or yours, or my friend Nina's... I'm.. lacking."

Hanae seemed like she had more to say about the subject, but the guard had caught their attention and the conversation switched. Hanae continued walking with Ryuusei until she got to his room. Once they got there, he looked back to her and she pushed herself onto the tips of her toes to try and see into his room over his shoulder. Luckily, Ryuusei wasn't that tall so she almost could. "Aw, I wanna see your room." Hanae said, playfully pleading with him. She didn't see J walking up behind her until her ribs were suddenly tickled. "AH!" Hanae squealed and skittered forward a couple feet before she turned around to see J standing there. As he had turned the corner, he put a finger over his lips to signal Ryuusei to stay quiet and got a little trick played on his younger sister. "You scared me!"

"I did. Your reaction was entertaining." J said with very little note of him actually being entertained in his voice. J turned to Ryuusei and examined him for a moment. "I assume your stay in the cells was made comfortable enough?" J asked with slight concern. He had made sure that Ryuusei was getting decent meals, but was still being treated as he was, a prisoner. He used Ryuusei's illness as an excuse for higher quality meals, an extra blanket, and a more padded mattress. Some of that Ryuusei may not have even noticed since he had never been in jail before. "It's good to have you home. You will be getting a check-up in the morning, giving you the night to catch up on lost sleep. Make sure you get a decent meal as well." J then eyed Hanae before turning back to Ryuusei, "Did Hanae walk you home?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:09 am

Ryuusei wanted to explain to her that the files were not everything. They were a basic personnel document. A small psych evaluation, their overall physical capabilities, what was known about their Zanpakutō, and any health problems. That was mostly it. Some had more than that due to special commendations, important missions, or even arrest records. Ryuusei's was more thick due to his illness as it turned out. Some had less too, as they may be new graduates without anything special. Hanae probably had a very standard-sized file. Besides the psych evaluation (which was mainly for determining combat readiness as well as mental stability among other things), there was nothing showing the potential for growth. There was nothing detailing "a desire to learn and grow." That was to be expected. So Hanae's current state might be documented, but what she wanted to be wouldn't.

Ryuusei's safe place was his room. Only Lord J, his sister, and his nurses could enter usually. Master Kazuo could, but Ryuusei had asked him to respect his wishes. As Ryuusei never asked for anything, Kazuo obliged. Unless it's an emergency, he'd stay out of there. Ryuusei's height was his weakness again. He tried to block Hanae's view, but alas he could not do much. "I-I don't like people seeing my room," he protested. Of course, he was too distracted at first to see J slide in behind Hanae. Ryuusei's mouth dropped open. It was like Yurina had taken off a mask to reveal herself as an evil villain. His body slumped forward slightly as all feeling left him. He could not believe he just witnessed J Saionji being playful.

Ryuusei rubbed his eyes multiple times. He was so sure that this wasn't J. It couldn't be. J wouldn't do that. He was so out of it, Ryuusei didn't respond immediately to J. He shook his head, snapping out of the daze. "As comfortable as it could be, yes." Ryuusei nodded to the request of a checkup. J seemed to actually care about Ryuusei's wellbeing, so he would abide and keep himself in the best condition he could. "Yes, Lord J. She did. She nearly fell on her face when she tried to hug me as soon as I left the building. I thought someone was trying to attack me, so I avoided it. When I saw it was her, I did catch her though. We had a nice talk on the way home. It was... enjoyable to say the least. Ah, right..." Ryuusei looked serious and worried for a moment. "Lord J, I heard the alarm being sounded a few nights ago... What happened?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:59 am

"And yours was a bonus." J gave a little addition toward Ryuusei after commenting on Hanae's reaction. He knew he'd shock both of them, but in different ways. The mouth gaping surprise made it worth it. J accepted Ryuusei's answer on the comfortableness of a jail cell. There was only so much one could do about that and J had done a lot. J raised an eyebrow at Hanae as Ryuusei explained, causing his little sister to sort of hide behind Ryuusei. While the two of them talked, Hanae realized this was the perfect time to steal a glance! She had no intention of stepping into his territory, but she turned around to look inside. The room was almost as she expected, but a bit neater with less stuff.

"The alarm was sounded beca-... Hanae." Busted, Hanae quickly turned around and acted innocently. J reached around Ryuusei, grabbed Hanae by the collar of her shihakusho, and picked her up. "Eep." Hanae just hung there as she was slowly swung around and placed at J's side. The placement surprised her and so did the following pat on the head. The pat on the head was met with a dull expression. "How embarrassing." she muttered. "As I was saying... The alarm was sounded because Kaminari Hatakeyama of the Fifth was kidnapped again. Multiple Captains went into Hueco Mundo after her right after the Captain Commander declared war. We will be preparing the Division for the upcoming battles. I expect you to be ready." Hanae looked confused at J and then to Ryuusei. She had no right to say anything, but the look on her face was caught by J. "Is there something wrong, Hanae?" "O-Oh, no. Just worried about the war."

"You'll be fine. Your transfer to the Sixth will be completed by tonight, so welcome aboard." J nodded to her and placed a hand on her shoulder before glancing to Ryuusei as a way of saying goodbye. He then walked off and Hanae lightly waved before turning back to Ryuusei. "He doesn't actually expect you to fight right? I mean... you're not going to be on the front lines or anything, right? W-Wouldn't that make your illness act up?" Hanae's concern was quite evident. She wasn't fully aware of what his illness did to him, but she was obviously worried about that. She hadn't said anything in front of J in order to prevent any sort of 'you insult me' implications it could have caused.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:11 am

Ryuusei turned slightly pink as J recognized his reaction. Ryuusei did not notice Hanae sneak up behind him to take a peek in his room. It would be something that would cause a schism in their blossoming relationship if he found out. J thankfully stopped her before she got too much of a glance. Ryuusei simply shrugged it off. Ryuusei tensed as J explained the situation. War. Ryuusei had never really fought before. Now, war was declared. "Once I am rested, I will be." Ryuusei nodded, not believing in himself for once. He didn't know if he actually would be ready. It might have shown on his face, but Ryuusei was going to try to be ready. No matter what, he'd damn sure try.

Ryuusei nodded goodbye to the head of his household, still deep in thought. "I could say the same to you." Ryuusei raised an eyebrow. "Women and men, young and old, healthy and ill... There's a chance we'll all have to fight. And as long as I am able, I will fight even if Lord J does not expect it of me. At the very least, I imagine I'll be tasked with defending this manor and its occupants. Lady Maaya will probably be tasked with that duty as well. I doubt I will be on the frontlines. My Zanpakutō and specializations are ill-suited for direct combat, and there is my illness. I have a dose of medicine that I'm only supposed to use in emergencies. It temporarily suppresses the effects of my illness. However, it acts a dam, so to speak. When the medicine wears off, what was kept behind the dam will rush back. Or at least that's what the doctor told me." Ryuusei tried to give her a reassuring smile. It wasn't going to work because he himself wasn't confident in this. "So you're transferring to the Sixth? This really is turning into the Saionji Division... What division were you in before?"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:46 am

Ryuusei's explanations were sound and did reassure her a bit. J wouldn't do anything to put Ryuusei in too much danger; she was confident in that even if she didn't know her brother that well. It was more of a hope that J wouldn't do that. The medicine he talked about didn't make things better. That sounded horrible, but Hanae kept her mouth shut. She may have been blood-related to J and Kazuo, but she still felt that Ryuusei was above her. He deserved respect and not for some new woman to question his motives and likely insult his honor. "I understand..." she said weakly.

"Oh. Yep! I was a part of the Tenth, under Captain Arishima. When everything came out, I decided I want to be with my brothers." Hanae's expression distorted to a bit of fear and disgust, "I couldn't fathom me becoming part of the Second. Mainly because I don't think my Zanpakutō would be suited for it. I haven't found it's abilities yet, but I get the feeling it's something... sort of dramatic. I keep seeing pink, thousands of pieces of pink fabric about the size of coins... It's blurry, so I don't know yet, but that doesn't sound stealthy at all" Hanae giggled a little and looked down the hallway, "Does the manor have a training ground? I still haven't memorized this place. I think... I wanna train."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:01 am

Ryuusei slowly slid his door closed as they talked. He wasn't going in anytime soon. "The Tenth, huh?" Ryuusei was somewhat surprised by that. She looked a better fit for the Fourth or the Thirteenth. The Tenth was not as dangerous or rough as some of the other Divisions, but they were definitely not without their battle scars. "Ah, the Second... I hear things about the Second. And... Master Kazuo is always extremely distant and secretive about his work as a Captain. I think he's trying to protect the Saionji from being involved in his profession." Ryuusei looked reflective as he spoke of Kazuo's captaincy. Ryuusei wasn't good at reading people normally. However, he knew that Kazuo was hiding a lot more than he let on. "Well, there is a dojo... It's in the back near the gardens. There isn't a proper training ground here though. The dojo is mainly used for hakuda, zanjutsu, and inner reflection. Anything else, I think Lord J and Master Kazuo go to their division's training grounds. So for you, I guess it'd be the Sixth's. I can show you to either... although if it's the training ground, I'd like for that to wait a bit. It's a bit of a walk, so I want to rest a little bit."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:18 am

Hanae thought to herself for a moment. She remembered seeing a building to the back of the manor's grounds, but hadn't visited it yet. Maybe that was what Ryuusei was talking about?  "No, don't worry about it." Hanae gave Ryuusei a sweet smile and put a hand on his shoulder, "You get some rest. Maybe I'll come talk to you again later tonight? Maybe tomorrow morning. Either way, I'll see you around. For now, we part ways. Sleep well Ryuusei." Hanae's demeanor changed as her mind went to something else. She now had something she wanted to do and she couldn't do it while following Ryuusei around. Once she left his side, Hanae made her way to the back of the manor and looked around for the dojo. It took her a couple of minutes to find it and luckily no one was around. She had stopped off at her bedroom to pick up her Zanpakutō. She sat in the middle of the dojo and placed the sword in her lap...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm