Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] Empty Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Grumpy. That's exactly what J was. He was grumpy like a kid who didn't get to see Mickey Mouse at Disney World. It wasn't harmful or particularly hurtful, but dammit did it get annoying. Not to Maaya though. What annoyed Maaya was that this all seemed to be over a misunderstanding. Kazuo and J were brothers, but sometimes a woman's finesse was needed to understand something. And although they had hair better than most women, they were not, in fact, women themselves. Maaya, a ripe young woman with a heart bigger than most, was perfect for difusing the situation. She had the tongue and understanding of J to know what he felt and express it better than he could. Now if only she had the confidence to talk about it...

Knowing where Kazuo was staying, Maaya had the idea to get one of the more sane women she knew to attempt to help. She needed someone with confidence, a gentle touch, and the balls (metaphorical ones in this case) to say 'you're wrong.' So obviously two people were out. Lilith Antonovich and Solas Foiche were not gentle, even if they had the other two. Same with Captain Yamanaka. Lieutenant Makabe only had the balls, but none of the other things. The rest of the high-ranking people she knew were men. And men were, well, men. So that left only one person. Maaya timidly knocked on Midori's door after she had seen Kazuo (but not Midori) leave. She waited for the best doctor in the Soul Society to answer.

Maaya greeted Midori with her same smile, warm as could be. It was tiny, like her own body. But that smile carried with it genuine warmth and kindness, the kind a grandmother carried for all of her little grandchildren.
    "Captain Hayashi," Maaya spoke politely and with a confidence she didn't have six months ago, "I apologize if I am intruding. I was wondering if we could speak. There's something that requires... more finesse and confidence than I have." Maaya thought for a second, then continued. "It is not a medical emergency or anything medical at all either."

Serenity
    Serenity

Maaya the Negotiator [Closed] Empty Re: Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Kazuo had left for the day and Midori was preparing to get some reading done. It had been a while since she just relaxed and read one of her medical manuals. It wasn't entirely relaxing, but she wasn't in the mood for some romance novel or anything else she had on the other shelf. As she went to pick up a book, she was stopped by a knock on the door. Midori made her way over to the door and opened it up, surprised to see Maaya standing there.

"Lady Maaya?" Midori blinked with her surprise and stepped to the side, "Please come in. Is everything okay?" Midori motioned for Maaya to sit down on one of the couches that the front door opened to. The modern day look of Midori's living room spoke to her need of keeping up with not only trends, but the recent technologies of the Soul Society and World of the Living. She sat down on the couch opposite to Maaya and crossed a leg over the other as she listened.

Midori was an observant one and did note the time Maaya chose to arrive: Kazuo had recently left. Maaya's explanation for her being here only confirmed Midori's suspicions. She nodded and sighed. "Thank god. Yes." Midori ran her hands frustratedly through her hair and then set them in her lap, "You're here to get the brothers to stop fighting like children, right? I would love to help you with that. Kazuo is stubborn and doesn't seem to be getting over anything t hat happened. He hasn't even attempted to talk with J about it either. Men are so stubborn."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:00 pm

Maaya could not help but to marvel at Midori's home. She hadn't seen an actual house like this before. It was so vastly different from the Saionji Manor, the Ishino Manor, or even the apartment she stayed in while in the World of the Living. It was so... square. Sure, things in the Saionji manor had hard angles, but the decor and style called away from the angles. In Midori's house, it was almost as if the angles themselves were decoration. Maaya sat with her arms in her lap, feet crossed. She explained as best she could what she might require without actually going into details. Midori was a keen woman, and Maaya felt thankful that Midori had the senses to pick up on her situation. Maaya sighed with just as much relief she confirmed the subject. It was time to negotiate.

"I am glad you understand. Although, given the current situation... I can not entirely blame them for putting off talking about it. However... and please, keep this private, but J has been almost insufferable since Master Kazuo decided to live here. Part of it is the fact that their morning routine has changed. J really enjoyed breakfast with Master Kazuo, so it has upset him that he hasn't been able to do so. I also think that J is perhaps confused or not fully understanding Master Kazuo's intentions, as I do believe Master Kazuo was well-intentioned in his leaving. I just... I need J to stop being so grumpy." Maaya spoke very matter-of-factly, nodding with a small 'hmph' to confirm herself.

"But I can't say such a thing to J, for one. For two, even if I were to say such a thing, it would not fix the situation. Although Master Kazuo living here is of no issue to me, I think it would be better if he moved out on better terms." Maaya's eyes lit up as she remembered something. "Oh, I should also congratulate you. J let it slip that you and Master Kazuo are together. I am happy he has found a wonderful woman such as you, and that you have found a kind man such as him. ...even if he can be stubborn." Maaya sighed again. "I think it must be something in their blood..."

"But as for why I came here... I can't do this on my own. Master Kazuo would probably come to the manor if I asked him, but... I think you would have better control over and understanding of him and his actions. I feel confident in my ability to understand J's meanings and to translate social items for him, but I can't say I feel the same about Master Kazuo. So I would like to ask if you would mind being there, and bringing Master Kazuo, to the manor where we will try to get them to stop... as you said 'fighting like children.'"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Midori and Maaya had never sat down and talked before. Besides the incident with her sister, there was practically no real interaction between them at all. This, to a certain degree, was Maaya's first impression on Midori, and vice versa. Maaya was very lady like and extremely proper. Her choice of wording was very respectful. It was so respectful that Midori couldn't help but wonder if this girl had the ability to loosen up. She could easily see why J. had chosen Maaya as his. However, Midori preferred the more outgoing people - Lilith, Solas, Kaminari to name a few.

"I would be glad to help you, Lady Maaya. I usually meet Kazuo a little after noon for lunch, so why don't I bring him around then? Instead of bringing him something or going out, we'll head to the manor to eat lunch. Do you think the Saionji cooks could have their favorites prepared? It'd lighten some of the mood at least, since I will not trick Kazuo into following me. I'm sure tricking J wouldn't be safest either, so you shouldn't. If he gives you a hard time, just... cry." Midori smirked a bit and nodded, "The one thing a man cannot stand is seeing the woman he loves cry, especially if it's his fault. It may be a little manipulative, and definitely do not go crazy with it, but... looking upset and covering your face like this," Midori gave a quick example, "will help a lot. We'll need it for this."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Maaya had heard stories of Midori. She had met her only once before and under adverse circumstances. This was their first actual meeting, and Maaya did feel guilty about asking a favor so soon. The situation demanded it though. She needed Midori for this. Maaya's eyes shone as Midori agreed to further help. She even offered her own idea on how to get Kazuo there. Tricking the two brothers was, of course, out of the question. Maaya knew that. She was going to be up front and explain to J that she had invited Kazuo over. She would work out the details of what she was to say to him on her way back to the manor. Maaya agreed that the Saionji's chefs would prepare their favorites. It might make them some irritated since it was such short notice, but Maaya had the type of puppy-dog eyes to make anyone agree with her if she had the gall to use them.
    "Cry...?" Maaya's head tilted like a dog seeing a new ball for the first time. 'What's that? Why would I use that? What could I gain from that?' were simplified versions of the questions rolling around. "I will take your advice to heart. Even if I don't use it now... I'm sure there will be a time and place for it."

Maaya stood, more pep in her step than usual.
    "I will send a Hell Butterfly to you when I have an estimate of when lunch will be ready. Is there something you would like as well? I'm not sure how you'd like Master Kazuo and J's tastes in food..." Maaya took notes if Midori would want something, and then bowed slightly. "Thank you for your help, Captain Hayashi. I really hope this works." Maaya excused herself and walked thoughtfully back to the manor. She thought about everything Midori had said, and knew quickly that this was going to either work stupendously... or fail horribly.

Maaya knocked quietly on J's office door. If he was in there, great! She could talk about this in private. If not, she'd risk it being overheard. Maaya had three vocabularies for J. One was for when it was only the two of them, one was public, and the last was when she had to explain something to him. Of the three, she hated the last one the most. She always had a nagging feeling that it might come off as her patronizing him. That was why this plan needed Midori. With Midori there, she'd have an extra support, so to speak. Maaya inhaled sharply when she heard J call for her to enter. She did so, putting on an air of general cheerfulness. Closing the door behind her, Maaya's heart raced. She had spoken to him before leaving, so there was no usual "how are you doing?" or anything.
    "J... please hear me out."

"I know you have not been your usual self since Master Kazuo elected to leave for an unspecified amount of time. I also know that he is... well, to put it bluntly, stubborn." 'Just like you,' she thought. "I spoke with Captain Hayashi. She agreed with me in that you two need to sit down and have a conversation. Based on what I know, I think that a calm conversation when the issue is not pressing would be best. I think that Master Kazuo acted rather emotionally, and I assume he has most likely calmed down by now. So I have invited him and Captain Hayashi over for lunch. I invited her because I think Master Kazuo would take a second and think before saying or doing anything too rash." Maaya looked at J with an almost pleading look. 'You can do this, and you're not alone. I'll be there for you.' That was what her eyes said, but she knew there was a chance she might have to translate.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Midori was glad to help Maaya with this; Kazuo was becoming a bit of a pain herself. Certain urges that a woman can't entirely help in the presence of a man like him were flaring up and she didn't feel comfortable with releasing them while he was a wall away. When it came to the food, Midori needed nothing special. She'd be happy eating at the Saionji table, which was gonna be a new experience for her. It wasn't often that she got to sit at a nobles table. She was kind of excited.

"Come in." The silence of his office was broken by a light knock at the door. J looked up from his work, placing the Sixth Division stamp to the side once he saw it was Maaya. He looked curiously at her for a moment and then sat straight in his chair. "Is everything alright?" he asked, knowing she rarely came to him at this time of day because he would be working. The first sentence out of her mouth caused him to stiffen. He raised an eyebrow and braced himself for whatever was to come. His mind went every which direction, mostly positive to be honest. Did she want to go somewhere? Want to buy something? Maybe she wanted to visit someone? Maaya didn't come in so calmly if it was something bad. She may have been nervous, but not enough to cause him actual worry, so he kept himself calm as she explained.

J stared at her for a few silent moments once she finished speaking. He allowed his thoughts and emotions to hop around for a second before he took a breath and sighed, rubbing his face. "Alright. From what you've said, this has already been done. If he actually arrives, then I will do what I can." J said and then motioned for her to come over. Once she did, he slid his arms around her and pulled her onto his lap. "I did not know it was effecting you enough to feel the needs to take such an initiative." he kissed her cheek and looked apologetically at her, "I apologize, but also thank you for worrying about me. You are right; Kazuo is stubborn. It's a thing with the males of our family. I pray we have a daughter." J let that little bit slip and then went to stand up, gently guiding her from his lap, "Shall we get ready for their arrival?" J made his way too the door, holding it open for her to walk through.

"And Maaya. That was a show of strength and confidence I had yet to see from you. Beautifully done."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:09 am

Maaya wanted to reply "yes, everything is okay." But that wasn't true. J's mood was very unlike J. He was stiff, grumpy, and had even been somewhat cold. Not to her, of course. J was never particularly cold to her. Even if he had been, Maaya would never be cold to him. Unless, of course, he royally fucked up. But she didn't quite have the authority to make him sleep on the couch yet. Soon though. Soon. Maaya explained with confidence what she was planning on doing. Well, as much confidence as she could muster. Maaya sighed in relief as J agreed to it as well. Her shoulders slackened, and she briskly made her way to J's side. As she was put onto his lap, Maaya's cheeks pinkened. She was still unused to this. She loved it of course. J was perhaps the most caring man if you actually knew him. He was just unable to show such things. Maaya knew that, and she loved him even more. Only she got to see him express that care. Maaya nodded, smiling as they walked to the door together.
    "That sounds splendid. I've already informed the chefs of the orders." And then, Maaya smiled with confidence. J had complimented her in such a way that she felt emboldened. As they walked, she took his hand. 'And there is more to come...' Maaya felt herself thinking.

Kazuo did not have anywhere particular to be. No one needed killing. No information needed to be gathered. Hell, his paperwork was even already done! So Kazuo was sort-of stuck on what to do. He settled by sitting out on the balcony that led from his office. Kazuo had a second-story office, allowing him good visibility around the Second Division. He lounged on a bench, reading a newspaper. It was about current events in the Rukongai, mostly the Lower Districts. There were no classified ads or anything, just news. He liked that about the Soul Society's newspapers compared to the World of the Living's. There was just too much junk in theirs.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:21 am

With Maaya having left Midori with that request, thoughts on how to complete this mission came to mind. She wasn't exactly a subtle woman, but Kazuo's stubbornness forced this particular quest to require a certain amount of finesse. She made her way to the Second Division, taking a bit of time so lunch would actually be ready when they arrived. As she made it to Kazuo's office, she watched him for a short bit from behind a tree. He was up on the balcony, relaxing and enjoying the paper. Midori smiled to herself at the sight and was going to love the thought of destroying that relaxation. With a quick step, she vanished and reappeared behind him on the balcony.

"Boo!" she quickly tapped his shoulders as she reappeared in an obvious attempt to startle him. With a smile, she stepped around in front of him with her hands behind her back, like a shy school girl, but without any of the shyness. Midori leaned over in front of him, putting her face about an inch away from his. "You seem bored. Because of that, we will go to lunch, okay?" Midori grabbed onto his shihakusho and tugged on him to get him to start moving, "Come, come. We have places to be, darling." Midori attempted to lead him out of his office.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:25 am

Midori was lucky in more ways than one. The main way was that she was dating one of the former most eligible bachelors in the Gotei 13. Kazuo was handsome, kind, and generally seen to be a nice guy. He could make many women swoon, even if he did not have the raw good looks or mysterious factor his older brother had. The second way she was lucky was that Kazuo was a smart man. Instead of attempting a subduing technique, Kazuo recognized Midori's voice. His muscles had tensed to spring. He was ready to attack. Midori's voice and form was enough for him to relax. He sat his paper down, smiling at her.
    "You probably shouldn't try to sneak up on the Captain of the Second Division like that," Kazuo teased. "He just might try to hurt that pretty face of yours. I wouldn't want him to have to buy you flowers or a nice dinner for reparations. I'd get jealous."

Kazuo couldn't help but to turn somewhat red in the face as she neared him. She was beautiful, and he was in love. Well, that's what he thought at least. Midori was rather forward today.
    "Uh, okay..." Kazuo let himself be pulled through his office, grabbing his Haori as he left. Kazuo thought about things she said. Once they were out of the office building, he finally had gathered the words. "You sound like you had this planned... Where are we going, darling?" Kazuo gave her a knowing smile. It was the first time she had called him that. He was going to pick on her once about it, then revel in it every time he heard it again. She was his, and he was hers. Besides potentially jealous men and women, there were no issues there at all to Kazuo.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:41 pm

It wouldn't take long for Kazuo to realize the direction they were going. Midori wasn't being sneaky about that. They made their way straight to the Saionji Manor and as they approached, Midori's smiles got more stern and her posture more serious. Once they arrived, she stopped at the main gate and turned to him, arms crossed along her chest. She stared silently at him for a moment, collecting her words and then clearing her throat.

"Kazuo." she stepped up to him and tapped his chest lightly with her index finger, "We're having lunch with J and Maaya today. She came to me for help because, apparently, J has been a pain in the ass since you left. We both want this cold war between the two of you to end and neither of us know how to handle it anymore, so... You're going in here with an open mind and an actual desire to make things right. If you refuse to even try, find another bed." There was a heavily pained look that came with that last statement. Giving Kazuo and ultimatum felt horribly wrong.

With guilt settling in, Midori led Kazuo into the Manor on time. "I don't remember ever being in this place. It's beautiful." Midori complimented, mostly trying to ease her guilt than anything else, "So where do we go from here?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Kazuo was, in fact, more oblivious than Midori thought. It took him far too long to realize where they were going. After a certain turn he had become accustomed to making, Kazuo realized. Dammit, I'm going home. He didn't bring it up. Surely there was some reason Midori brought him here. Maybe it was to tell him "Go home, I don't want you on my couch!" Which was understandable. He had said it'd be only a few days. Unfortunately, the war complicated matters. Not what was between him and J, but just overall. Frankly, Kazuo could have gone back home any time in the past few days. He was calm enough to approach J about it. He just didn't. Kazuo had wanted to be with Midori—not just as a lover, but as a protector. Midori could take care of her self. She was a Captain like he was. However, she was a healer, a doctor. Kazuo was one of the most adept in the art of killing in the Soul Society. Other people were better at killing, sure. But few could match the art Kazuo could muster when it came to a kill.

Midori's protection was not the only reason Kazuo hadn't returned. Kazuo had one other problem with reconciling with J. He may be calm enough to speak to his brother, yes. However, J required specific vocabulary. It wasn't like speaking to a child, but rather a foreign businessman who only understood certain words in one's own language. He had to tread carefully and lightly with words to match. All he lacked were the specific words. And now, apparently, he was being put on the spot. With Maaya being bothered about J, and J being... J, Kazuo knew he had no choice in the matter. He'd have to help out with this right now. Plus, getting kicked out was far from something good for his reputation. With a smile, he relented.
    "I'd sure hate to get kicked off of your couch... That's a joke. I mean, I would hate that but... You get what I mean. I'll do it, don't worry. Using the right vocabulary with J will be the hard part..." Kazuo scratched his head and showed Midori to the place he and J would meet. She may not have said it, but there was only one place for a meeting like this...

Kazuo walked right past the dojo and into the small sitting room that he and J ate breakfast in. It hadn't been used by the both of them in some time. Kazuo's sitting pillow had been there since he left, however. That was a request by Maaya. Maaya sat next to J, her legs crossed with ladylike grace. She smiled at Midori and Kazuo. Kazuo nodded in greeting, his expression trying to be warm.
    "J. Lady Maaya." "Thank you for coming, Master Kazuo. And thank you for making sure he came, Captain Hayashi." Maaya spoke calmly, but there was a hint of a nervous speed in her voice. She wanted this over as quickly as possible. There was a moment of silence before anyone spoke up about the matter at hand. Kazuo was the one to speak first. "Well, I better get started with with this..." Kazuo inhaled sharply and began to speak. He was letting his tongue do the thinking for once.

"J, I want to make it clear that I am not opposed to Hanae being our sister, nor am I opposed to bringing her into the house. What sent me off is that apparently you knew about this and neglected to tell me. I know it was Mother and Grandfather's will so as not to tell me... but that was how many years ago? I looked at her file, she's just shy of eight centuries old. I've been a Captain for three-fourths of that. I may have been a little brash when this came to light, but it had been long enough. You could, and should, have told me. What if something had happened to you before this came to light and I had been the head of the household? What, was I to go to Mother and ask what this meant? I don't know if you just didn't think about that or didn't think I was capable of 'handling' knowing. But because of the reasoning Mother and Grandfather gave, at least at the time you told me, it seemed like you didn't think I was a capable, functioning adult."

Maaya, knowing full well that some parts of what Kazuo said were not of J-approved vocabulary, spoke up to try to explain better.
    "What I believe Master Kazuo is saying is that he felt more insulted rather than revolted. I and he both understand tradition. However, he believes he had a right to know as... well, before you have a child, he would be the one to take over the house if something were to happen to you. If he does not know what there is to know about the family, he could perhaps not be able to control the house properly. It isn't his capability that would falter, but his knowledge of the situations. I believe that Master Kazuo could, perhaps, run this house efficiently." 'Not as efficiently as you though,' was the implication. "However, his capabilities would be called into question by those around him—even when that is not what failed him. Beyond that, I believe Master Kazuo felt belittled at, as he put it, not being able to 'handle' the information. While we are all young once, we do mature. Young ones learn there is no Santa Claus, older ones learn about the darker side of one's family." Maaya looked to J, hoping her words helped ease any issues Kazuo may have brought forth....

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:03 am

The dining room was quiet, but not empty. J and Maaya sat patiently, waiting for Kazuo and Midori to arrive. J more nervous than usual, which was why he kept silent, his eyes closed, and his nicely trimmed nails tapping melodically on the table. When they arrived, J raised his attention to greet them, nodding to his brother as normal while slightly bowing slightly from his sitting position toward Midori as a show of respect. J did not think this conversation was going to go well and the silence that followed their initial arrival only made his assumption more accurate. He sighed lightly, never making eye contact as he waited for someone to begin. J wasn't one to allow another to lead, this was rare for him, and only showed how much the situation bothered. Luckily, Kazuo took initiative and spoke up.

Unfortunately, J's assumptions were correct. He mostly understood where Kazuo was coming from and Maaya kindly made it clearer. However, during Maaya's explanation of Kazuo's meaning, J did not turn to her. He kept his eyes shut and then opened them to look at his brother once she finished.

"This is going to be more difficult than I thought." J admitted and sighed in frustration, "Firstly, brother, if you're okay with Hanae's presence in the manor, it is not me who you need to convince. It is her. It was my decision to bring her home and that would not change." This was an example of J's authority. It did not matter whether Kazuo liked her here or not, J's familial values were extremely high. Hanae was his sister; he would not abandon her. Kazuo was his brother; J would not abandon him. His decision on Hanae was final, whether Kazuo argued against it or not and his mind would never have changed.

"On to the more pressing issue, however, your being insulted by my inability to speak on the matter of Hanae's birth is not my concern." J stated quite blatantly, though the tapping sound his nails created on the table sped up, "I was given strict orders, ones I did not intend to disobey. The reason given to you are requests of our Mother and Grandfather, not mine. It does not matter whether you've gotten older, a promise does not fade with time. The only reason the information is out is because she was discovered. Until Captain Hayashi came forward with the information, even I did not know where or who Hanae was. If I had, I would have hunted her down years ago and this would not be a problem."

"You would have told Kazuo earlier if you knew of Hanae?" Midori questioned with a surprised curiosity. "Of course. The situation would have changed. She would have been home, not out there alone. Grandfather did not give me the information about where Hanae was living. He only stated we had a younger sister born by a woman during the time Father and Mother were married. I later found evidence that Grandfather was supporting Hanae up until the death of her Mother, which I'm sure you can guess my opinion on." J was obviously angry about that last fact. The tapping of his nails stopped and his eyes narrowed in anger. He didn't like that Hanae had gone without the support of her family.

"Kazuo..." Midori spoke lightly, setting her hand on his shoulder and giving him a concerned look. She wanted him to stay calm, but didn't know how he would react to his brothers reaction, which brought something to her mind. "J..." Midori turned curiously to him again, "Why was it so important that this stay hidden? I mean... to your Mother and Grandfather." "Because Hanae's birth was what lead to the execution of our Father. It wasn't our sister and her Mother that they were worried about Kazuo not liking the news of. It was that our Father had been executed..." For a moment, there was something lingering on J's lips. He had more to continue that sentence with, but held his tongue. However, the challenging look he gave Kazuo in that moment would tell his brother to press that issue. There was no other way that J would finish that sentence. It was up to Kazuo and whether he'd notice.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:42 pm

Maaya was the first to wince at J's words. He didn't mince them. That wasn't J's style. It was just a big pile of curt bluntness. Maaya was stuck at how to bring out the meaning of it without angering Kazuo. However, Kazuo's expression went more blank than she was used to. Kazuo was remembering as J spoke. As J finished, Kazuo's eyes focused more. He had seen much, heard much. It was time to act instead of listen. "I need to know. Was it Mother and Grandfather's request, or was it Mother's, Grandfather's, and your agreement that I should not be told?"[/color][i] Kazuo's voice was quite matter-of-fact. There was no underlying vehemence towards J. There was no hidden agenda. This was a fact that needed to be sorted out before anything further could be done.
    "I know it may seem like semantics, but I'm a man of underlying meanings. The former sounds like you were bound by an oath—which is backing up what you say now. The latter, however, carries no such connotation. It simply seems as though you three kept me in the dark. You said the latter to me when this came to light."

Kazuo continued after J answered. It was more of an explanation of his thoughts than anything.
    "The way you broke the news made it seem like you knew a hell of a lot more than you're telling me now. I mean, I suppose I understand where your information came from—the evidence from Grandfather—but you presented what you knew like you knew it all except for her name." And that was when Kazuo lightened up. His characteristic light smile returned. His decision had been made. "I'm not faulting you for it, J. It's how you are. Well it's more how I see you, honestly. There are things I know you don't know. But when you have a shred of knowledge on something, it's safe to assume you know all there is." Maaya nodded shyly, knowing it's how she felt too.

"Now, I must offer an apology to Lady Maaya." Kazuo bowed his head far more deeply than he should have. Maaya was taken aback, blushing almost furiously at the gesture. He had hampered her and felt like an ass for it. "I am sorry that this disagreement has affected you. I should have seen to settling it sooner, but the current state of affairs had me set it aside for the time being. That is, truly, my fault." Maaya did not waste time in replying. "Your apology is accepted," Maaya nodded knowing full damn well this was mostly his fault. Kazuo had the same problem Maaya had. J was almost flawless in their eyes. He had quirks, sure, but very few actual flaws. He was omnipotent and omnipresent. He knew all he could and was damn fucking strong. But they both knew, deep in their brains, that this was not the case. The draw of a duel between him and the Captain-Commander was proof enough.

Kazuo leaned upwards, thankful he didn't have to stay like that for long.
    "J. Before we continue this conversation... I would like to know if you would like Maaya and Midori to leave. My preference is for them to stay. At the very least, I know Midori is capable of keeping information secret... and to be blunt, I think Maaya will be a fine addition to the family—and she would deserve to know when that happens." Kazuo was doing his best impression of J right then. No bullshittery. No beating around the bush. No being meek. Kazuo was damn blunt. Whatever the answer, Kazuo accepted it. Maaya would as well—although she was blushing far too damn much at that point to really comprehend anything said. "J. I ask this as your brother and, at this moment, the heir to the family. You were going to speak further. I want to know what else you were saying"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 pm

J raised a curious eyebrow as to why Kazuo's question was important. It seemed more like needless information until Kazuo explained the reasoning behind it. "Both." J's tapping of the table stopped and he leaned back in his chair, laying his arms along the arm rests, "It was originally a request, discussed, and then agreed upon by the three of us." J assumed that wouldn't be a satisfying answer.

The conversation was going better than J originally thought it would. Nerves calmed, moods raised, and J no longer felt the immense amount of tension between him and his brother. He was thankful for that. As Kazuo bowed to Maaya, J raised a curious eyebrow and glanced to the blue haired beauty next to him. The blush was expected and as cute as he thought it would be. J's attention quickly turned to Midori, who was sitting silently. She caught that he was looking at her and the two shared a respectful nod, their way of showing gratitude to each other while the other two were dealing with the situation.

"I do not see a reason why either of them would have to leave; they called this meeting and deserve to be a part of it." J explained, unaware of the upcoming question. However, when it did come, it wasn't the other two's presence that made him give his answer. It was more the atmosphere of the room and the light mood everything had fallen to. "Nothing that you need to be worried about." J answered clearly and without hesitation. Though it was not entirely the truth, J did not see the need to sour what was a comfortable interaction. "Is there more that we need to discuss? And are you returning home?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am

Kazuo was silent for a long moment after J gave his answer. It was a lot to ponder. Although his reply was the same, a bit of the joy he had was lessened.
    "That's better, definitely." Kazuo explained his point of view the best he could. It was reasonable, for the most part. Kazuo had always been the type of person to pick and play with words. He'd joke around with other young people if they misused "can" and "may" to the chagrin of his friends. "Well you didn't say..." was also his best excuse to avoid trouble. It was also how he operated when it came to delicate operations. Kazuo knew words like J knew the blade. Sometimes those words just happened to be "right hook" and "left hook."

Kazuo raised an incredulous eyebrow towards J. He didn't believe a damn word of that. However, Kazuo didn't want to press it right now. Whatever it was, J was keeping it tightly bound. It had to be family secrets. That was something Kazuo did not press too far on, although that would be changing.
    "There's a lot I have to worry about." Kazuo's eyes told J he'd want to talk later, in private. J decided to ask a question Kazuo had been wondering about for a while. "Honestly, I don't know." Kazuo scratched his head. "On the one hand, coming back would be nice. It'd make defending the Saionji easier if something like the Incident," Kazuo was referring to the Ishino incident, "happens again. On the other hand..." Kazuo glanced to Midori. There was a hint of pink on his cheeks as his eyes turned back to J. "I'd like to be closer to my girlfriend. Besides her surprisingly comfortable couch, if something happens, I'd like to be there. Maaya is here, so you don't have to worry about that." And then, Kazuo fully looked at Midori. His eyes were expectant and filled with boyish charm."Of course, Midori, you could always stay here with us."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:27 pm