Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
The Gathering Storm [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

3 posters

The Gathering Storm [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

The Gathering Storm [Closed] Empty The Gathering Storm [Closed]

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 am

The Gathering Storm [Closed] Header20_zpsuslc4ux9

Revenge. It was what she wanted. She didn’t want it for herself, but for the woman she lay next to. Yua had become attached to Kei, and she deeply cared for the woman. It was strange, something new and yet familiar. As she looked down upon the sleeping woman’s face, Yua felt nothing more than warmth, but there was a strong festering anger that boiled within her. Memories of that night, of Kei’s attack, flooded Yua’s mind on a daily basis. She was not there to aid her friend, and so her mind ran wild. She imagined the worst of what could have happened, unaware that her thoughts were not far off.

Yua had taken to staying awake while Kei fell asleep next to her. She couldn’t sleep as she worried for her friend. The man that hurt her was still walking around safely. Lilith had explained the situation, the stupid laws behind not taking that man down. They needed evidence, to confront him, to gather more information before they tried anything brash. This only angered Yua more. Kei was stuck here, hurt and scared, and yet that man walked free? Thinking about it made things worse every night.

Yua could not take seeing Kei like this anymore. She wanted Kei to feel safe, to go home, to smile. This wouldn’t happen while others sat idly by, festering in their own ignorance. As Kei slept, Yua slipped out of bed and through the window with her Zanpakutō fastened at her side. Without a single glance back to Kei, Yua darted through the Seireitei, a strange feeling welling within her. It wasn’t just the excitement of revenge or the relief of finally acting. Something inside of her was growing and she vaguely remembered it’s nature.

It did not take long for Yua to enter the Seventh Division grounds. The lack of Shihakusho forced her into the shadows to move silently passed the guards. Luckily, no one of substantial skill was on duty or she’d be caught in seconds. “Hidan, Lieutenant of the Seventh.” She recalled the name mentally as she arrived in the higher-up’s barracks. He’d be here, in his comfortable little apartment without a care in the world. His freedom was going to come to an end on this night, so Kei can continue her life.

This shouldn’t have been so easy. She could sense him in the other room, probably lying in bed. He wasn’t moving and apparently did not sense her. Odd. A Lieutenant should have seen her coming, especially in his own home. Yua maneuvered her way through his home carefully, making it to his bedroom and over to his bed. He was snoring, fast asleep. This was going to be easier than she thought. Yua unsheathed her Zanpakutō and raised it above his sleeping form. She was ready to stab down into him, to end his life for Kei’s sake, but she hesitated. She was killing a man in his sleep, so the hesitation was founded. However, that hesitation may just have cost Yua her own life.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

The Gathering Storm [Closed] Empty Re: The Gathering Storm [Closed]

Post by Tsubine Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:42 am

Tonight was the first night in a while that Hidan had been able to sleep. Well, it was the first night he remembered falling asleep. He could remember waking up. He could remember the day before. But even he was starting to get concerned about these memory lapses. He knew if he told Captain Montgomery about it, he'd just say "Go see the 4th Division about it." Like hell would some pansy look at him because of something like that. For all he knew, he was just getting drunk off his ass. No need to let himself worry too much. And with him being able to fall asleep, now he was feeling A-okay about it. It had passed.

When someone points a weapon at you, you just feel it. The hairs on the back of your neck stand up as your body recognizes danger your mind can't quite place. Tonight, Hidan was awoken by that same tingle. His eyes shot open to see the glint of steel in dim moonlight. With a swear, he rolled to the side as the blade stuck deep into his mattress.
    "What the fuck, you crazy bitch?!" Hidan stumbled to his feet, looking at Yua in rage. "What the fuck did I to you? You a one-night stand I didn't call back or some shit?! That isn't a reason to stab me, dumbass." Hidan grabbed his Zanpakutō from his dresser and drew the jagged-edged katana. He turned to what he would call a defensive stance. An expert, however, would call it a poor stance at best.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:08 am

It didn’t cost Yua her life, but it cost her the immediate kill. She regretted her hesitation immediately as her blade sunk down into the mattress instead of Hidan’s flesh. Anger flickered in her eyes like a raging fire as she saw he dodged. Yua yelled angrily as she pulled her Zanpakutō from his mattress. She did not hear his words, only the heart beat in his chest. It needed to stop. As he went to grab his Zanpakutō from his dresser, Yua did not make the mistake many people in the past had. She charged him immediately, swinging her Zanpakutō straight down as if trying to cleave the man in two. “YOU WILL DIE FOR WHAT YOU DID TO HER!” Yua’s voice rang out in a terrible shriek.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:19 am

Hidan gave Yua quite the look at her exclamation.
    "What the fuck are you talking about?!" His sword rose in the nick of time. He was being pressed backwards. This bitch was strong. He put his hand on the blade for more leverage as he pushed her back. He groaned as the battle of strength went between them. But he prevailed. As she recovered, Hidan lept past her. He broke his door down with his shoulder as he clammered to the porch. He looked down one way and the other, then took off towards the stairs. If it were more in the open, he could fight better. More importantly, it gave him more of a way to wake people up. Yua came barreling after Hidan. He swore and simply vaulted over the railing. He tumbled to the ground in a cloud of dust. Hidan stood, coughing from the fall. Yua came at him again, and Hidan rolled out of the way. He grimaced in pain. His sword rose again, this time in a swing towards Yua. "Bitch, stop trying to kill me!"

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:32 am

The battle of strengths between them ended with Yua being pushed back. She recovered quickly, immediately going on the attack again, but he rushed off. “GET BACK HERE!” Yua screamed loudly, not caring if she woke anyone up. She wasn’t thinking logically. Her anger at just seeing his face had sent her over the edge. This was the man. He was the one who beat her, violated her, and stole her smile. Hidan was not allowed to live and Yua was going to make sure of it. She chased him down as he fled. They ended up on the porch. She went to attack as he jumped over the railing and her Zanpakutō hit metal. “STOP RUNNING FROM ME!” she screamed as she leapt over the railing after him.

Yua’s next attack was dodged with Hidan rolling away. “Damn it.” She cursed angrily as she watched him. She was about to charge again when his sword came out toward her. It was his first attack and almost caught her off guard. If she had actually been charging, she would have gotten hit. However, a quick change of direction allowed her to back out of his Zanpakutō’s reach. “Why the hell would I do that? You think you’re allowed to go around hurting people? You think you can do whatever you want and go on with your life like nothing happened?” Yua’s rage increased more and more, and an energy within her began to grow. Her reiryoku swelled and swirled around her as a Lieutenant level reiatsu pressed down heavily over the area. “You did it. You raped her. You beat her. YOU WILL DIE FOR IT.”

Yua vanished with a nicely executed shunpo and reappeared behind him. She suddenly shot forward with full speed and swung her blade down his back. Once again, she was trying to cleave him in two. She wanted this done and nothing was holding her back. In fact, with every passing moment, she felt herself getting stronger, faster, and her body was remembering exactly what it needed to do.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:48 am

Damn this bitch was crazy. She was not letting up. Hidan hated having to jump over the railing. He was still shirtless and wearing his sleeping pants. He was lucky to still have a hold of his Zanpakutō. She slid out of the reach of his Zanpakutō and that annoyed him. How the hell did some little unknown bitch do that? She wasn't a Lieutenant. He knew all of them. And then... the Reiatsu pressed down. She may not be a Lieutenant, but she should be. Hidan took a step back from her as she explained it. Well. Explyelled.
    "What the everloving fuck are you talking about?" Hidan gave her a chuckle of disbelief. He wasn't that much of an asshole, c'mon.

Hidan didn't dodge her second cleave. It cut his back open as he stumbled forward in his attempt to dodge.
    "You fucking bitch..." Hidan looked at her, anger in his eyes. "You sure you don't have me confused with someone else? Or maybe your friend just said that because she regretted having sex with me." Hidan gave her a shrug. "I didn't do it, so I suggest you stop before you get hurt. Well, more hurt than I'm going to make you for payback." Hidan spun his Zanpakutō around in his hand as he charged, trying to go for her legs.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 am

His denial was only angering her more. Yua believed Kei over anyone. She did not care if this pathetic son of a bitch wanted to pretend it didn’t happen. Yua saw the look on Kei’s face when she first found out what happened. Yua heard the seriousness in Lilith’s tone. Yua sees it every single day. Watching Kei walk around like a ghost of herself, stuck in that apartment because she feared leaving. Yua hated seeing it and despised this man more because he was the one who caused it.

Yua cut him and that made her feel damn good. The smile on her face proved it. She wasn’t done though.
    “Oh, I’m sure. I’m not mistaken. The same way I wasn’t mistaking when I saw her bruises, her blood, the fear… Hidan of the Seventh Division. It was you.” Yua’s breathing became a little heavy with the excitement of tearing this man limb from limb, “You will die for what you did to her, Hidan of the Seventh Division. You do not deserve to live freely while she stays trapped!”

Yua was ready to be on the offensive again, even when Hidan charged her. He was going for her legs, but the movement was a little too obvious for Yua. She took this moment to swing her legs around in a jumping round-house kick. As his blade went under her, her well-aimed kick came around in an attempt to strike him on the side of the head. If the first attempt were to miss, Yua would continue the motion by spinning around as her first foot lands and fling her second leg around quicker than the first now that the momentum had built up. If the first hit, Yua will merely land and ready her next attack.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Hidan snarled in pain. She was saying he did this? Foolish. Stupid. Impossible. He was going to make sure he hit her a couple of times before actually stopping this fight. He couldn't let his face be on the line. If some random bitch with a sword was able to best him, there's no telling who would try to fight him for his position. He cracked his knuckles and stood up as straight as he could.
    "You and your friend are fucking psycho." And so, Hidan charged at Yua. Yua, in turn, charged at Hidan. She dodged his first swing. He brought his fist up to try to punch her. Her leg spun towards him. The blows both connected.

But not on their intended target. A tall, scruffy man with a doctor's coat tucked into his lieutenant's badge stood between them. He did not look as happy as he normally did. He had caught Hidan's hand with his own. Yua's kick landed right on his arm. Both hurt. A lot. Seiji Isobe, Lieutenant of the Fourth Division, was in minor pain right now. He exhaled.
    "I don't think I could've gotten here any sooner, haha." With a minor movement, both Yua and Hidan were pushed away from one another. "Now you two need to stop this at once. If you have a problem, take it out on each other with wooden swords in a training area. Not in the middle of the night with—" "Get out of my way, Isobe." Hidan interrupted with a snarl. Seiji gave him an almost sarcastic look. "Nope, can't do that."

Hidan attempted to charge past Seiji. It didn't work as Seiji's imposing form stood in his way again. Hidan, furious now, was done. He had been woken up, his bed destroyed, his back cut open, and he was losing a fight to some no-name bitch. Hidan turned his Zanpakutō to the side, and Seiji's eyes went wide.
    "Reap, Bakushū!" The blade grew and twisted, eventually becoming a multi-bladed scythe. Hidan shunpo'd behind Seiji and took a sweeping swing at Yua. Seiji spun around, drawing his own Zanpakutō in the process. "Root! Nagei Yanagi!" The handle of his Zanpakutō grew over the blade and extended further down. As it grew, the wood became old and gnarled. It quickly became a wooden staff that attempted to dive between the fighters...

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:55 am

An interruption. That is all Yua saw this newcomer as. Her foot slammed against the man's right arm. Seeing that their battle was being interfered with. Yua took that moment to shunpo away from the both of them, appearing twenty feet down the path. He was not getting the chance to push her back. She gripped her Zanpakutō tighter, her rage growing even more. "LIKE HELL!" Yua shouted angrily toward Seiji, his suggestion to use anything more than a deadly weapon was insulting. Seeing Hidan charge, Yua was ready for him, but this man was getting in the way. "Let him pass!" Yua demanded, but it only met on deaf ears. She heard Hidan releasing his Zanpakutō and her grip on hers only tightened.

"If you want him dead, remember my name." Yua heard a voice at the back of her mind. It was kind and strong, and it spoke like a Father to his child. As Hidan charged her, Yua's eyes began to glow a bright golden color, their make-up changing rapidly in appearance. "Bare your fangs, Minarai no Ryū!" Yua shouted mid swing as she went to block Hidan's strike. The blade instantly transformed in her hand and by the time her blade clashed with his, the transformation was complete. Yua's entire body was enhanced. Faster, stronger, and more durable, Yua was likely more than a match for him. However, a wooden staff of some sort slammed between the two of them, forcing their separation. Yua shunpo'd back and glared at Seiji. "KEEP OUT OF THIS! HE DESERVES TO DIE! WHAT IS UP WITH YOU PEOPLE!? WHY ARE YOU PROTECTING HIM?!"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:08 am

Boy, this was a pain in the ass for Seiji. Hidan released his Zanpakutō. And then... so did this lady? He had not heard of this Zanpakutō before, nor did he recognize her. Her reiatsu said she was around his own level. Seiji was going to need to stop this fight soon. He couldn't fight two Lieutenants off for an extended period of time... Seiji gave Yua a sad look as his staff blocked a strike from Hidan.
    "Calm down, miss." Seiji spoke in a gentle, fatherly tone. "Listen, I don't know what you're accusing him of, but Hidan... does not deserve to die as you put it. And the only way that can be proven anyway is for him to undergo a trial for whatever it is you're accusing him of. So you're going to have to wait until he's proven guilty, if he even is. Until then, I can't let you kill him. That's just how the law is." Hidan grunted against Nagei Yanagi's body. Seiji turned to Hidan this time. "And I can't let you kill her either. You should know better than this, Hidan. Show some restraint. You're a Lieutenant, not a hooligan in the Outer Districts."

"God, just shut up, Isobe! She's accusing me of raping some chick or something. She came in to my bedroom and tried to kill me in my sleep, dammit. So just let me beat her up some and then I'll turn her over." "Well, did you rape someone?" "Fuck off. Of course not." Seiji turned to Yua, his gaze harder now. "That is a serious accusation, miss. I suggest you turn this over to..." Seiji thought about it for a moment. "I guess the Seventh Division wouldn't work for this one, would it? Take it to the First. They should be able to handle this impartially... But until then..." Seiji spun the staff to push Hidan back. He crouched down as the two began to charge at one another. "Stop. Fighting." Seiji slammed the butt of his staff onto the ground. The shockwave sent up cobblestone as he attempted to stop this...

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:58 am

The Gathering Storm [Closed] Header8_zpsoi10fc3s

The air quickly became thick with the feeling of reiryoku raging about somewhere near the Sixth and Seventh Divisions. A battle was going on. Head Captain von Zarkonheinz and Twelfth Division Captain Lilith Antonovich had their conversations cut short by the sudden increase in power. Lieutenant of the Tenth Division, Kei Makabe, quickly pointed out who the reiryoku belonged to and Lilith immediately had a bad feeling in her gut. The three raced through the Seireitei, closing ground quickly when suddenly Lilith darted forward to get ahead of the rest. She recognized the second and third reiryoku as she got closer. The three energies mixing with each other made it difficult at first, mainly because of the distance between them. Once she realized who it was, Hidan of the Seventh Division, Lilith was not going to take any chances. She ran ahead, leaving the two in the dust as if she had a new found goal.

Yua was having a hard time justifying her actions right now. Every time Hidan denied hurting Kei like he had, her anger grew bigger. The fact that he could deny something like that was disgusting.
    "Of course he'd deny it!" Yua yelled at Seiji as the man tried convincing her to stop, "He's a fucking psychopath! He's not going to admit it, especially in front of another Lieuntenant!" Yua gripped he Zanpakutō and brought it up in front of her. "He deserves to die and so he will. With my hands and power, I will avenge her! Hidan, you will never get the chance to attack anyone again!" Yua tunnel visioned onto Hidan in that moment. She was pretty much looking through Seiji to get to her target. When the tiles of cobblestone were disturbed by a strong shock wave of energy, Yua found herself flying back. She recovered only to attempt the attack again, her hand behind the eye of her Zanpakutō. "STOP PROTECTING HIM! ANYONE WHO PROTECTS A RAPIST MIGHT AS WELL BE-..."

It happened in a flash of red. Yua was cut off by the sudden blast of rock and wind that flew in all directions upon her arrival. Lilith appeared with her hand on Hidan's skull. She pushed him into the ground, fighting the urge to crush his head in her hand just to watch his eyes pop out. "For your own safety. I suggest you keep your head right here." Lilith spoke with a looming dark threat in her voice. It was as if death itself was knocking on Hidan's door. She hoped he had the guts to answer. "I won't hold back again." she promised and then brought her eyes from Hidan up to Yua, looking beyond Seiji in that moment. "Lower your weapon, or I will have to kill you. Understood?" Lilith commanded as she let go of Hidan's head and stood up. Yua nodded, her heart skipping a beat in fear. Yua lowered her weapon, it's power fading as her shikai re-sealed. "Good evening, Lieutenant Isobe. Nice night, isn't it?"

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am

Seiji thought the crimson he saw was blood. His doctor's instincts began sounding. He wanted to immediately rush to Hidan, to assess his injuries. But there was something... not right about it. Then, like a sound wave, Seiji felt it. He staggered as Lilith's reiatsu finally hit them. His grip tightened on his staff, though he had to plant it into the ground to make sure he was standing upright. The Reiatsu soon passed, and Seiji let out a relieved breath. Hidan was mumbling, his mouth full of stone.
    "Have to say I disagree, Cap'n Antonovich." Seiji's jovial tone barely concealed the fear he felt. "I'm a doctor, not some schoolyard watchman." He cracked his neck as his Zanpakutō rotted back to its sealed state.

"Yua!" Kei was somewhat behind Lilith, and she immediately ran up to Yua. Her arms wrapped around her... well, not-girlfriend. Her black hair bunched against Yua's chest as Kei held her tightly. "What are you doing out here? Wha—" "Goddammit that hurt..."  Kei froze, her head turning before someone stopped her from looking. Her eyes were wide in shock. She looked at Yua, her grip turning painful. "Get me... get me away..."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:32 am

The Gathering Storm [Closed] GenpakuPostingHeaderBB

It was far from a quiet night in the Seireitei it seemed, and people from all around were beginning to take notice.  Little surprise then that if those in the Eleventh Division managed to take note of the events unfolding several Division Districts away, that a few in the Tenth would notice too.  Considering that Genpaku was up later than normal with thoughts on his mind, it was going to be hard for him to miss it when two Vice-Captain level powers began to clash, then a third.  He'd started the night in his living room, looking over some paperwork while his eyes were far away.  Once things began to heat up though he took real note of it, and stepped out of his home to stand on the wooden walkway.  He looked out over the Tenth Division and off towards where some kind of battle was certainly taking place.  It was apparent that others had began to take notice as well.  He considered making a move to see what was going on.

And that was when there was furtive noise as a certain someone tried to slip out of a window unnoticed.  Kaminari had made it halfway out of the window by the time she thought to look around, and froze for a heartbeat when she saw Genpaku standing there, looking expectantly at her.

“Uh...hi,” she said, smiling brightly.  A little too brightly you could say; it was the guilty smile of a child caught up past bedtime?  Maybe just with the hand in the cookie jar.
    “I'm just gonna go.”  She made an attempt to quickly vault out of the door and begin to flee before her foot caught the window sill and she instead met the wooden walkway with her face.

Genpaku covered his face with his palm for a moment, shaking his head.

Then he was at her side, a soft glow rising from his hand.  Mostly to make sure she didn't tear open something from the other day, and so he face didn't hurt too much.

“I'm not gonna really talk you out of this one,” he grumbled, more a rhetorical statement than any kind of question.  He helped her up; best to keep her in sight then than have her running off in the middle of the night.
    “Then hang on; we wait any longer and we'll miss whatever is going on,” he commented as he took her arm and put it over his shoulder.  It looked like he was going to help her walk along, as though she'd twisted her ankle or something.

Then he took a step.  A second.  A third.  A fourth.

They arrived on the outskirts of the scene just as Lilith took command of the situation.  Genpaku's eyes narrowed, however, when they scanned the scene.  He didn't comment however, merely taking in the scene before him as he tried to piece together a few different issues that had cropped up.

And he'd not even heard anyone talk yet...

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:09 am

The scene was becoming more active as Shinigami after Shinigami made their way here. Multiple lower ranked and seated officers arrived over time, flocking to the area like birds to scattered bread. Nina and Eri from the Tenth had arrived. Hanae came from the direction of the Fourth and Midori appeared moments after her as well. Midori figured she would have been called anyway, especially with recent events. J had not made it all the way here. He instead stood on a taller building and watched from above, not caring to get too close to the action. The amount of arrivals intrigued him enough to push him to come and observe. Even Erina decided this was something she wanted to take a look at, but she was too shy to get involved, so she kept her distance the best she could.

Within moments of Lilith's arrival, Yua's attention was grabbed by Kei. Yua's eyes widened in horror at Kei showing up. Yua looked to Lilith in shock that Kei was allowed to come here. Did Kei not recognize Hidan's reiatsu? No, but she recognized his voice. The moment Yua saw that shift in Kei, her arm swung around Kei's waist and pulled the woman in tightly. She grip on her Zanpakutō tightened as well.
    "Haha. Oh, you know that can't happen." A voice that not many heard often slipped in from behind Kei and Yua. She popped into the scene out of nowhere and even with her standing there, no one could sense her reiatsu. That was normal. Well, not normal for most people, but for Reika Yamanaka it was.

"This unknown specimen, Lieutenant Hidan, and Lieutenant Isobe all fought without permission using their shikai." Captain Yamanaka shrugged lightly, completely uncaring toward the situation, "Not to mention that I do not have this one in my current database. Anyways, I expect these three to be placed under arrest soon enough. Releasing your Zanpakutō within the confines of the Seireitei? Foolish. Oh, and you... Girl. Who the hell are you?" "Uh, well... I..." "That is none of your business. The only thing you need to know is she is under my care and you will leave her alone. Understood, Yamanaka?"

"Fine. Fine, but that only makes me more curious I'm sure our Head Captain will want to know why some strange woman with unrecognizable reiatsu is at the level of a Lieutenant, within the Seireitei, and attacking one of our own though. Oh... Where is Captain Montgomery. I need to speak with him and Captain Arishima sometime very, very soon. It's actually quite important." Reika always seemed to come around with the intention to bother everyone else. She wasn't exactly disruptive, but her interest in anything that another person was doing was very low and her condescending mannerisms were frustrating as hell to deal with. Needless to say, most people thought her weird, ignored her, or (like Lilith) put that bitch in her place. "You wanna talk to Montgomery, do it on your own time." "Oh? And Arishima." "Yeah, you don't go near the Tenth. Ever." Reika just sighed and shook her head, pushing her glasses up her nose. "Fine, fine. I won't be the one regretting it."

From the moment of arrival, Kaminari was excited. She was looking around like she wanted to talk to everyone. The moment Reika showed up though, Kaminari was pretty much hiding being Genpaku and looking over his shoulder, even if she had to be on the tips of her toes to do it. Nina and Hanae stepped up beside their Captain and just listened in, whispering to each other about what was going on.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:40 am

Kei spun around to try to see the source of the unknown voice. Ryuujin Jakka began feeling warm again. It was such a threatening voice. The sight of a white haori was enough for the Zanpakutō to seal itself away. Kei was not going to fight a Captain. Seiji gave an apologetic smile and wave to Midori as she arrived. He was going to be stuck with desk duty for a long time, even with Midori's influence. He had already placed his Zanpakutō back within its sheath. Hidan still grumbled about on the ground. Kei eyed her Captain, but didn't give much of a look to him. She was more focused on staying calm and with Yua right now. With so many Captains appearing, she knew she was safe.

J was not alone on his rooftop. Maaya stood next to him, trying to get an eye on the situation. Midori also did not show up alone. Kazuo was not too far behind her. After hearing some of the rumors of what was going on, Kazuo had already positioned members of the Executive Militia on the perimeter. Kaii was heading that up, as he needed someone he could trust to prevent more people from entering or leaving. Despite that, even more Shinigami were eyeing this situation. As Lilith had ran past the barracks, Setsuna had awoken and followed her Captain. She arrived and would have punched Reika, but there was a bit of a look from Lilith saying not to. Defeated, Setsuna crossed her arms and waited. Nobuharu was too involved in his research to detect the reiatsu out there. And even a low-ranking member of the 5th Division seemed to look at the spectacle with awe. Seeing a Captain was one thing. Seeing two Captains was another. Seeing five? That was impressive. And soon, number six left the office.

"Well, Captain Yamanaka, your request may be granted sooner," Solomon's calm voice rang through the cobbled courtyard, "rather than later." Solomon Montgomery, the Captain of the Seventh Division, neatly closed the door behind him. He adjusted his gloves and continued with a nonchalant stride. For once, however, he lacked the small smile he kept up. He was not feeling too friendly today. Hidan shot up to try to speak, but Solomon's gaze caused him to fall down again. "I advise you not to speak at this moment, Hidan. You two as well." His gaze turned to Seiji and Yua before scanning the entire crowd. "You know, I didn't quite expect this much of a turnout."

Before long, the man of the hour flashed into existence beside Lilith. She was a good enough beacon he could locate. Tsubine had gotten, of course, lost on his way to the Seventh Division. It wasn't hard for him to get lost like that. As his gaze panned over all of the onlookers, his eyes narrowed at one specific person. He even looked up and caught a glimpse of J and Maaya in the moonlight. Was he trying to be Batman or some shit? More importantly, Tsubine noticed the hostility. Some was directed at Lilith. Some at Hidan. Some at Reika. Some at Yua. Tsubine even felt a tinge of some directed at him! Rude. Tsubine sighed and rubbed his temples. His haori began to actually materialize on his shoulders. This was becoming official. He looked at Lilith and Reika specifically as he spoke again.
    "Captain Antonovich and Captain Yamanaka, do not let this hostility develop further tonight." That was not a request, but an order. He was not going to have any of this tonight. "Will someone just tell me what the hell is going on."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:38 am

Well, this certainly was becoming a much louder situation than anyone had probably wanted it to be. So much for these incidents being kept under wraps much longer.

Genpaku scanned the arriving people, while trying to keep an eye on those already present. Soon three more Captains arrived on the scene, with at least one more in sight. This news was going to spread like fire in dry field. However, that wasn't something Genpaku was really worrying about at the moment. His eyes had focused on the Captain of the Twelfth Division; she'd finally bothered to come out of hiding in her labs it seemed. There was no love lost between that woman and Lilith, that was certain. Lilith was always one to speak her mind, and this time proved to be no exception.

“Yes, I do believe we'll need to talk soon,” he said clearly, breaking the silence he'd held since his arrival on the scene.

As was normal, Reika Yamanaka treaded over the situation like a goat in a garden; completely uncaring of what she stepped on or trashed. This would be part of why her reputation around the Gotei wasn't the highest regarded. However, true to her nature she had some valid and pressing points. Use of a Shikai without permission was a major violation of the laws that kept the Gotei running, though there were some statutes in place concerning self defense. This was likely a case where that was going to get in the way. Genpaku had noted the way Yua had acted towards his Vice-Captain, and perhaps more importantly how Kei had responded. Or maybe it was more accurate to say how she hadn't. He'd have to move quick if he wanted to take care of that situation before it spilled out of control, but he'd have to step lightly where it was concerned. He'd have to pick his time for it too.

Before much longer Tsubine made his appearance on the scene. The Captain Commander looked less than thrilled with the situation he'd arrived to find. With how much hostility was floating around, little wonder that. He asked the question that probably was on most people's minds; it was almost a reflex on Genpaku's part to shoot a look back at Kaminari at that question. Good natured as she was, this wasn't the time or place. Their only real involvement in this was because Kei was here, what had happened to Kei, and now what fate befell Yua Ichinose. Frankly, they were as much in the dark about the specifics of this exact event as Tsubine was.

Then again, this wasn't an isolated incident now was it?

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:32 pm

The Gathering Storm [Closed] Header22_zpsn0qlooxj

It was becoming too crowded. Midori watched as people who had nothing to do with this showed up. There were a few here that Midori was glad to see, such as Kaminari. However, there was one that she hoped to see, but Sakura Hayashida had not shown up. Seeing that there were a large number of Captains that showed up, J let his guard down and sat on the edge of the roof, patting the spot next to him so Maaya would join. The two could continue watching from afar. J was pretty curious about what was going on. Hanae and Nina were curious as well, but about different things. Nina didn't exactly like how close Kaminari was to Captain Arishima. Though she stayed silent about it, her eyes returned to the back of Kaminari's head every now and then. Hanae was too wrapped up in the action to notice.

When the Captain Commander showed up Kaminari, Erina, Hanae, Eri, and Nina all wavered, Kaminari the least. They weren't used to his presence and were automatically intimidated by it. Hanae felt the need to turn and leave, knowing this was none of her business anyway. However, she was kind of wrong. Tsubine's request was going to be quickly answered by Kaminari, but Genpaku shot her a look. She just withdrew her hand and nodded. "Okay, okay." she whispered to him, though she was mostly joking, "Party pooper. When do I ever get to talk to this many people at once?" Genpaku knew about her desire to befriend... well, everyone. This was the perfect opportunity, but she wasn't stupid enough to think it was a good time. She turned her attention back to the scene at hand and kept herself quiet.

"Well, I-..." Captain Yamanaka was willing to speak up, but she was quickly interrupted by someone that probably had a better chance of not getting people mad. "Before we go into what has been occuring, there are a few people that should just not be here right now. They do not have anything to do with the situation, and until the Captains have gotten to talk it over and decide what to do, they should leave." Midori shunpo'd next to Captain Yamanaka and lightly nudged Yua and Kei away from her in a protective manner. Once Reika got the hint, she sighed and leaned against a wall, arms crossed along her chest. "Now... Captain Saionji." Midori spoke to him first, my characters turning their heads up to see J sitting with Maaya, "I am sorry, but Lady Ishino should not  be here right now."

J narrowed his eyes, but seeing the stern look on Midori's face calmed him. He looked to Maaya and motioned for her to go. "I'll be home as soon as I can." he said before vanishing in a shunpo and reappearing beside his brother. "Yukina and Eri of the Tenth, Erina of the Sixth. Please, go." The three immediately did as they were told. "Lieutenant Isshiki and Seiji. I'm sorry, but you two as well. Go." If Seiji attempted to resist, he'd receive a 'do not argue' look from Midori. "Beyond the Captains, those that are able to stay: Lieutenant Makabe, Lieutenant Hidan, Third Seat Jukodo, Sixth Seat Hatakeyama. As for the rest of you, if your name was not called, I expect you to be out of the area within five seconds." Midori gave some time for the stragglers to make their way out before talking again.

Midori muttered an incantation and sent out a square barrier that surrounded those that stayed. The barrier kept all sound from getting out, so the group could speak in private. Midori looked to Tsubine, her expression hard. "What is going on here is hard to explain. As I'm sure Captain Yamanaka has things she wants to say, we all know she won't reveal anything until an official Captains meeting has been called." Midori said in annoyance, but that is how Captain Yamanaka was. She chuckled and just shrugged. "Anyways... Kei Makabe, Hanae Jukodo, and Kaminari Hatakeyama are three victims of recent attacks that have occurred throughout the Seireitei. There have been many more, but most were not as... destructive, or were in the unseated member ranks." Midori gently grabbed Yua's arm.

Yua was going willingly, so if Kei fought or tried to hold onto her, Midori just glanced to Lilith. "Kei." she'd speak up sternly and just stared at her. This was an official situation now. Everything needed to be laid out on the table. "This woman's name is Yua Ichinose." Midori said, showing that she had known the entire time, "She is the one who provided us with the information about the poison that afflicted both Sixth Seat Hatakeyama and Lieutenant Daigoro. She's been here for some time and both Captain Antonovich and I were keeping it hidden until it was time to reveal. We obviously did not see things playing out like this, so we do apologize for lying." Midori just glanced to Liliith again, who nodded in agreement. "Now, explain yourself quickly. Keep anyone waiting any longer and it'll be an issue."

"He was the man who attacked Kei." Yua spat angrily at Hidan and finally sheathed her Zanpakutō, "He can deny it all he wants. It's not like anyone would admit to that shit he's done. Since nothing was getting done, I decided to deal with him myself before he hurt someone else! It's not fair that the victim of his crimes has to walk around on eggshells, never able to leave her home, while the criminal gets to walk freely. He deserves to die for wh-" "That's enough." Midori interrupted Yua's emotional rant, "You're already going to jail for releasing your shikai and the attempted murder of a Lieutenant; keep talking and you'll make it worse." "W-Wait..." Kaminari spoke up uncharacteristically nervous, and stepped up, "So you know what the poison was that almost killed me and put Dai into a coma?"

"Well, not rea-..." "Kamina-..." "W-Wait! I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I was attacked too, twice now. Once a year ago and again just a few days ago. Kei and Hanae were attacked too from what you said, so why are they still happening? Why hasn't anyone done anything about them?" Kaminari was shocked, confused, and scared all in one, "You are all Captains. The most powerful people that even exist, s-so why hasn't it been stopped?" "Kaminari. It isn't that simple." "You say that, but you weren't the one attacked. You're powerful enough to fight off anything that comes at you." Hanae stepped forward suddenly and stood at Kaminari's side, "We're not. And something weird is going on here too. The person who attacked me is someone that would never have done so. It was obvious he was being controlled, especially when I watched him regain control of his body. If you're saying these attacks are connected then I'm smart enough to see the Gotei's been infiltrated. No one is safe."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:22 am

“Your smart girls, think it out the rest of the way,” Genpaku said from behind Kaminari and Hanae. “Whoever, or more likely whatever, has been perpetrating these attacks has been doing so from behind puppets. Furthermore, they have been doing so with discretion up until recently. They've chosen small-scale targets, and generally avoided attracting too much attention from anyone high enough up that would have a chance of putting a stop to it. They've been taking their time, consolidating their power and position and moving in the shadows. These aren't the random attacks of someone out for a bit of fun; this is calculated. Most of this has only really spilled out into the light recently.

When Captain Antovich says it isn't that simple, that's not just air. She's right. Someone is using our own members to launch these attacks. It shouldn't be any wonder why such news hasn't been made public on this subject; it could ignite chaos in the Seireitei. It would breed mistrust between division members. It could tear the Gotei apart. On top of that, as far as I'm aware we don't have a way of detecting who is being puppeted until they've started acting out of the ordinary. Granted, I was only informed on most of this in the last few days so my information may be out of date,”
    he said with a look towards the Fourth and Twelfth Division captains; he certainly hoped they had a better idea of how to find out what exactly was going on. He was going by hunch right now, but it felt like it fit right.
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:57 am

Maaya sighed and gave J a look that she wanted to know what happened tonight before leaving. Setsuna gave Lilith a look that said that Lilith was the only one who had control over if she left. Lilith nodded, and Setsuna simply turned around and walked away. She wasn't in too big of a hurry. Seiji did try to stay, as he was involved in tonight's incident. Tsubine interrupted Midori for a moment.
    "Lieutenant Seiji Isobe, simply return to your barracks. There will be someone to speak with you about tonight's incident there shortly." He then motioned for Midori to continue without providing more input. Soon, everyone had dispersed who needed to disperse. Kazuo had kept Kaii at a distance, so he would be fine.

'So that's her informant,' thought Tsubine. He recalled the meeting he had with Kei earlier this month. This young girl was the reason this was all coming down apparently. Kei did let Midori pull Yua away. But Kei still slowly scooted up closer. It was slow, but she was practically beside her before Midori had finished speaking. Tsubine found Kaminari's outburst understandable, but Lilith was right. This wasn't a simple problem. Hanae Jukodo's outburst, however, was quite annoying. These two girls were innocent and naïve enough to think that Captains could solve ~anything.~ Annoying.

Captain Arishima, thankfully, was more productive. He nodded along, and then spoke up first.
    "Based on the information given to me by Captains Hayashi and Antonovich in a previous meeting, as well as what I have heard about the Shinigami-on-Shinigami violence in recent weeks, what Captain Arishima said is most likely correct. There is no telling who is or could be controlled. However, we can still take precautions. We mustn't let this foe tear us apart. The Gotei Thirteen might have once been thirteen separate entities, but we are not them anymore. We reign in unity, and we can not let that change because of person or persons." Tsubine turned to some of the assembled Captains. "Captain Saionji."

Tsubine immediately regretted it as both J and Kazuo responded in unison. Those two practiced that shit.
    "The younger," he replied, annoyed. "I was only made aware of the incident with Lieutenant Hidan tonight, and I was going to pass this order to you tomorrow morning. You are to arrest him pending an investigation into his attack on Lieutenant Makabe of the Tenth. As he is most likely going to need medical attention, that takes priority." Solomon interjected into Tsubine's order first. "Sir, with all due respect, we are the division that handles internal affairs, we are more than cap—" "And he is your Lieutenant, Captain Montgomery. In normal cases, I would trust you to be impartial. I honestly trust your judgement. However, I can not risk even the tiniest bit of impartiality when it comes to this investigation." Solomon sighed, and nodded. "Do you have any objections to your order?" Kazuo shook his head. "No, sir."

Tsubine nodded and continued with his.
    "The investigation in tonight's events will be handled by the First Division. My Lieutenant will head the investigation. Yua Ichinose is to be taken into the First Division's custody pending the investigation on tonight's events." Kei looked ready to challenge that, but Lilith prevented it. "Lieutenant Seiji Isobe of the Fourth Division will also be questioned on the incident by the First Division as well." Midori objected to that, and Tsubine found her objection reasonable. "That is fine. It will be done in the First Division, however."

"Which will not be too much of an issue as I am calling an emergency Captain's meeting for... two hours from now. This should allow you all to go home and get changed for it. Attendence is mandatory. Captain Hayashi, if you wish, you can go ahead and report to the 1st Division's questioning room. I'll have it known that is where Lieutenant Isobe is to report as well." Tsubine looked to Midori on if this was acceptable. "Before we adjourn this interim meeting, I am hereby requiring all Lieutenants to carry their Zanpakutō with them at all times. Captains, I advise you do the same, but it will not be a requirement. One last order. All victims of previous attack will be assigned someone to watch them, and all perpetrators of previous attacks will be placed under house arrest for the time being, unless they are otherwise detained such as the case of Lieutenant Hidan." Tsubine looked around. "Are there any further questions or comments?"

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:52 am

The Captain Commander finally spoke out, and he handed out orders to be followed. For his part Genpaku had no objections; the orders concerning the victims was something he was going to do anyway, soon as he figured out how exactly he was going to accomplish that. With Tsubine's dismissal, he turned and motioned his Division members to follow him out. Granted, it didn't seem that only his Division members were following him on this one though; Lilith had opted to tag along as well. On top of that, Hanae brought up a surprise request to head back to the Sixth Division, stating that she felt safer there. However, after Genpaku asked her to remain at least until he returned from the meeting she agreed to hold off. He made a motion for the group of them to head back, and shortened his flash steps to keep up with the group as they moved back towards home territory

During this time, he was otherwise quiet as he wrestled with what exactly to do.

There had been a third attack, and again it had been on someone in his Division. It was like someone was targeting his Division in specific, and that aggravated him. Yes, now a meeting had been called and hopefully things would start to get worked out but it left him with a problem. Even if Tsubine hadn't called for protection detail around the victims Genpaku had wanted to do something along those lines anyway. However, most of the stronger members of his Division were the victims. How exactly could he put protection around them if they were his best bet for that protection? Normally, he'd have taken the job up himself or called in a favor and asked Lilith to stand in for him; they both had to be at the Captain's meeting, and Lilith's Vice Captain was going to be busy on her own.

This was going to be something the Tenth was gonna have to take care of.

They arrived at the Tenth Division and Genpaku set to organizing the best answer he could think of. After Kaminari's attack the normal guard had been bolstered to prevent, as best they could, greater loss of life. He sent for several other ranking Division members to set on guard duty, and requested that those who had been attacked remain in one of the common areas until he had returned from the meeting; he wanted them to watch one anothers backs in case anything went down. The group he'd had rounded up he ordered to keep quiet and keep watch on the common areas. If they noticed anyone acting strangely, they were to be detained. If any of them grew violent they were to subdue them as best they could, preferably alive. Even after the orders were set in motion and people started to move about though, Genpaku was uneasy. It was the best he could come up with, but it didn't feel like it was enough.

As far as he could figure it, there wasn't a way for him to do enough on this one.

They had already lost a Captain to this situation. Multiple vice-captains were involved, and unseated members had been affected that hadn't even been brought to light yet. No one was above suspicion. They didn't know the nature of this control, where it originated, how it was maintained or established, and what limitations it had. How many people could be affected? Was it instantaneous or could it be seeded and waited to be initiated. What were the limits on the control, if any? More questions, and hopefully they'd get more answers. The more this situation grew though, the more uncertain things were becoming.

And this wasn't even taking into consideration the situation Yua, her ties to Kei, and so on. That was a whole different bag he'd have to open later.

He headed back to his place and got himself ready for the meeting. He made sure that his Zanpaku-tous came with him; he stopped and made sure everything was quiet before he started off towards the First Division; he didn't travel alone either, as Lilith had hung around the Tenth Division until he'd started out. This didn't come as a surprise in the slightest. They talked amongst themselves on the way; at the end of the conversation neither knew much more about what was going on than when the started. This meeting would hopefully shed some light, and point them in the direction of who they had to remove to solve it.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 pm

With orders given out from the Captain Commander, everyone scattered. Lilith followed Kei and Genpaku back to their Division. She had no intention of letting Kei out of her sight since Yua had been detained. The entire group was quiet on their way back, excluding a momentary conversation between Genpaku and Hanae. The request she made was denied and she gracefully accepted. Hanae knew her Captain was right, even if she was worried out of her mind right now. Kaminari was lost in thought and was only able to keep up with everyone else because of recent training she had undertaken with Kazuo Saionji. If it weren't for that, she'd have been left behind. Lilith actually walked behind the entire group, making sure no one lagged behind and having to nudge Kaminari once or twice on their way back.

Upon arriving at the Tenth Division, the group was greeted by two others. Nina and Eri stood patiently with welcoming smiles as the group returned. Their moods were quickly dampened by the worrisome tension that hung in the air. Captain Arishima soon gave everyone orders to stay together and the group agreed. They were to watch each others backs, but how was that going to happen if someone here really was under the enemy's control? What happened if it was Kei? If Hanae and Nina worked together, they had a small shot of beating her, but that was pushing it. In all honesty, the people everyone was least scared of was Kaminari and Eri. Eri was more of a secretary anyway; she rarely fought and only trained for the basics. Kaminari was merely the weakest of those that stood here and everyone knew they could take her.

The group was soon left alone with each other, the tension thickening the moment that the other Captains left. They all stayed in a room, but seemed to keep to their own little corners. Hanae and Eri ended up talking to each other. Kaminari sat in her corner, watching the others while she thought of the events that had occurred. Nina was the one that was acting different. She sat away from Hanae and Eri, curled up in her own corner and ignoring everyone. Hanae had called out to her, trying to get her to come over, but Nina only glared back to Hanae. The behavior was strange, and it did catch the attention of Kaminari. There wasn't a moment that Kaminari ever thought that Nina was just angry. Nina was too nice. She was cheerful, fun, and one of the harder working members of Division Ten, so the behavior was suspicious...

When the orders had been given and J was able to hurry back home, he did so without hesitation. On the way there, he ran into his usually hidden Lieutenant and gave him a few orders. Joshua was to wake up Erina, since he had not sensed her back in the crowd of more powerful Shinigami, and a few others to create a light but powerful guard around the Sixth Division. J also gave him a personal request that he made sure Joshua understood was not required, but would be appreciated. J wanted someone to watch after Maaya and his Mother while they were off at the Captains meeting. If anyone harmed either of them, J'd start a fucking war. When he got home, he explained this to Maaya and his Mother, also asking Maaya to keep an eye on Yukino as well. In private, J also explained what he knew of the situation in the Seireitei.

Midori was off with Tsubine in order to interrogate Seiji. Over the next hour, both of them asked Seiji exactly what went on. What did he sense? Was anything out of the ordinary? What was his reasoning for interfering? Why did he activate his shikai when he knew the laws against it? Most of the answers were obvious, but questions needed to be asked and recorded. When the interrogation was done, Midori had no problem revealing to the Captain Commander of what he would be hearing from Yua. She explained that if he needed proof of what Yua was going to be accusing Hidan of, Midori already had it in a file. The samples she had taken from Kei were accurate and repeatedly done until there was no doubt. The Lieutenant of the Seventh Division had done exactly what had been accused of him.

When the Captains meeting got close, Midori warned she would be late. She needed her files and hurried back to her office. The first to arrive at the Captains meeting was, shockingly, Sosuke Aizen. He had little need to prepare and wasn't entirely sure what was going on in the first place. Second came Lilith, with Genpaku right at her side. Reika came in seconds after the Mother and Son duo with a couple files in her hand and a smile on her face. A minute or two later, J stepped in with his brother. Whether the two were made at each other or not, J waited for him to arrive and walked in beside him anyways. And the last to return to the area was Midori with a couple of files held to her chest like a school girl carrying her textbooks. Every Captain took their spot and waited for the meeting to begin.

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:46 am

Tsubine was mostly quiet while Midori asked her questions. In fact, he only asked a single question—if Midori allowed him to. He was only there because he wanted to talk to Midori further about what she knew of these events. The single question was:
    "Before I arrived, was there anything any Shinigami said or did that you felt was... different than normal or important, but not strange?" Seiji thought for a moment, but there wasn't anything that special. He brought up Reika asking to speak with the 10th Division and 7th Division Captains. The only other thing is that he thought Captain Antonovich took this very personally based on how she slammed Hidan into the ground. Other than that, there wasn't anything important brought up that he could think of.

Tsubine told Midori to gather those files and to have copies prepared to be made for Kazuo for his investigation. The originals were to stay with her during the investigation. Tsubine was mostly dressed as normal. He threw on an actual shihakkushou for once too. He sighed and knew this was going to be a long night. He walked out to the meeting hall to surprisingly see Captain Aizen standing there. He looked around, almost startled. He blinked, shrugged, and took his place at the front of the room.
    "I, uh, appreciate your promptness, Captain Aizen." The two did not converse much as not long after, Lilith and Genpaku showed up. Reika followed with J and Kazuo shortly behind them. Captain Montgomery was understandably near last. Tsubine couldn't help but look at the now-empty spot between the 7th and the 11th.

Once Midori had arrived, Tsubine ordered the doors shut and barred. With a brisk movement of his hand, the assembly hall was wrapped in golden ribbons. Shōchoku was a custom Kidō created by Tsubine. It was quite similar to the one Midori used earlier, except it also prevented people from seeing within. As he was nowhere near as skilled with Kidō as she was, it had specific restrictions. It couldn't be cast in the open. It had to be within a room with walls and a ceiling. It also had a time limit of 12 hours. Afterward, the effect would dissipate.
    "I hereby declare this Captain's meeting to begin. As usual, information shared here is to be given out to your Division as you see fit unless otherwise noted."

Before he spoke to anyone in particular, Tsubine knew he had to now catch some Captains up.
    "This emergency meeting is to discuss and develop a plan of action against the recent attacks within the Seireitei. We currently have a count of eighty-three accounts of Shinigami-on-Shinigami violence. Five of them in particular were quite severe, including one on a Lieutenant and another resulting in the unfortunate death of Captain Okitsugu Fujiki of the Ninth Division. These attacks fall on our hands to stop. This has culminated in paranoia and strife within even those not affiliated with the Gotei Thirteen. Before panic reaches the Rukongai, we are to put a stop to this."

"The first order of business, however, is on related, but more pressing issue. Tonight, Lieutenant Hidan Genshiken of the Seventh Division was attacked in his sleep by a Shinigami of no current affiliation with the Gotei 13—a Yua Ichinose. It is my understanding that she is the close friend of one of the victims of one of the more violent attacks, Lieutenant Kei Makabe of the Tenth Division. Lieutenant Makabe had pointed out Lieutenant Genshiken as her attacker, and Yua Ichinose went on a vigilante hunt for him. This resulted in the attack tonight, of which many of you saw the aftermath of." Tsubine turned his head to Midori. "Captain Hayashi, you have files on the attack on Lieutenant Makabe, do you not? Present their findings to the Captains."

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:46 am

The meeting began and the Captain Commander informed everyone of what was going on. Captains J Saionji, Antonovich, and Aizen were shocked at the announcement of a Captains death. Everyone's demeanor hardened when realizing how deep this actually went. Midori was called on right out of the gate, and like a nervous student giving her presentation, she stepped up to the Commander and handed him a copy of the file. From there, she went to Kazuo and handed him his, about five or six other files still in her possession, but none were about this situation. "From Lieutenant Makabe's report, after a meeting between the Commander, Captains Kazuo Saionji and Antonovich, and Lieutenant Nadeshiko... Lieutenant Makabe was struck on the back of the head and knocked unconscious. When found by Captain Antonovich, she had been brutally beaten and raped. When I questioned her, she said without hesitation that it was Lieutenant Hidan Genshiken. I took the samples needed and confirmed that yes, Lieutenant Makabe had been raped. There were many signs of forced entry and vaginal bruising. And yes, evidence of Lieutenant Genshiken's DNA were on her face, in her hair, mouth, and vagina. I have no doubt in my mind that he did commit this crime. The proof is in the file before you."

"Oh. Can I ta-..." "SHUT. UP." Lilith shouted angrily at Reika. She was not in the mood for Reika's shit right now and wasn't going to tolerate her antics. Lilith looked to Midori and motioned for her to continue on. Midori nodded in thanks and turned to the Captain Commander. "I know we're here to discuss the reasons behind Ichinose attacking Lieutenant Genshiken, so I am moving to have all charges of her attacking a Lieutenant dropped. Considering Kei's relationship to Lieutenant Makabe, and the image of Kei that even I cannot get out of my head..." Midori rubbed her forehead and looked away, taking a moment to regain her regular composure, "I would have done it too. Had it been someone I cared about like Yua cares for Kei, I would have killed him sooner. I hate to play the emotional game, but..." Midori looked to Captain Aizen, "Imagine it being one of your students?"  She skipped Reika intentionally, skipped Lilith for obvious reasons, and went to Genpaku, "Or Kaminari." To J, "Or Maaya." A swift glance to Kazuo and then spoke to Tsubine, "Or me. Could any of us really be patient enough to just sit back, relax, and wait for the rest to get off our asses? It's been over a week and nothing had been done. The politics behind dealing with it are understandable, but seeing things from Yua's point of view? I'm honestly surprised someone with her power waited as long as she did."
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:44 am

So the Captain's Meeting began; for his part, Genpaku stood around calmly and quietly while the Captain-Commander caught those out of the loop up. The issue that they actually needed to take care of though was put on hold; granted, solving this little mystery was probably the smarter choice given that it would be the quicker of the two options. In this case, Midori was not the only one to have brought files with her. As the subject of Yua was brought up Genpaku reached into his clothing and produced a file of his own. He didn't open it however, instead listening as Midori spoke and called for the charges of this particular assault to be swept aside given the circumstances.

Which put Genpaku in an odd place.

On the one hand, he certainly agreed with Midori's reasoning. The call for blood was certainly understandable. And yet if the law was to be that, the law, then to some degree it should have been upheld with impartiality. Who it happened to should not affect how long it should take to bring about justice for a crime. To say it would be okay simply because the Captain's deemed it so didn't seem quite right. Tsubine turned to him then, and asked for his opinion on the subject which left him in a strange place.

“Frankly,” he said at length, choosing his words carefully, “I think this situation is incredibly murky at best, and this attack in specific is tied to the other topic of tonight's meeting. The law is the law, and should be upheld as best we can; that said, I think this situation warrants some exceptions. I can't in good faith though say that I agree with all of the charges being dropped, but I think the usual sentences for her actions do not apply either. She acted out of compassion for someone she cared about, out of determination to see a wrong righted, and out of fear that nothing was being done. All of these things are true, but their truth does not erase the fact that she attempt to murder not only a member of the Gotei 13, but a Vice-Captain who is intrinsically involved with our other topic of the night.”

He seemed to come to some kind of conclusion after a moment.
    “I move that sentence on her crimes be reduced, pending opinion in relation to the other topics of the meeting as their resolutions play a pivotal part in what drove Ms. Ichinose to take the actions she took.”
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:08 am

Solomon's expression grew dark as the proof was presented. At the very least, Hidan was no longer suited to be part of the 7th Division, let alone its Lieutenant. He'd have to find someone else for that. He was already undergoing mental calculations of a few names off of the top of his head. Kazuo's mouth drew a fine line as he read the papers. It wasn't going to end well for Hidan, even if he was being controlled. Kazuo knew of one punishment he'd go with most likely, but even that would be extreme. Tsubine stood quiet, taking in Midori's information. At least until Lililth snapped at Reika. He shot his friend a small look that said to calm down. He understood Lilith's apprehension against Reika, but there was a time and a place to be at Reika's throat. This meeting was not it.

Tsubine sighed as Midori played the emotion card on nearly everyone there. She wasn't wrong. The difference between them and Yua was they had the power and authority to make something like this go away. Yua didn't.
    "Before I state my opinion on the matter... Captain Arishima. Considering your Lieutenant's involvement, I would like to hear what you think on this and what should be done with Miss Ichinose." Tsubine apparently caught Genpaku off-guard. Not his intention, but a little funny nonetheless. What Genpaku said was understandable. "Captain Montgomery, your thoughts as well?" Solomon gave a single-breath chuckle. "About what?" "Your Lieutenant's attacker." "As far as I am concerned, that position is vacant at this time. I plan on removing Hidan Genshiken from the position immediately after this. At the very least, the fact he was involved, wittingly or not, is proof that I can not have someone like him in a crucial position. As for the attacker, she is not under my jurisdiction. I can't speak out against or for her. Though, I do see why she would do such a thing."

Tsubine shrugged and gave a small sigh.
    "Fine then. Unless there are objections, I agree with Captain Arishima's suggestion. We will lower the crimes and she will not be under risk of execution or extended confinement. As she is not a member of the Gotei Thirteen, I cannot put her under house arrest. For the time being, she will be held within the First Division's holding cell instead." Tsubine waited for any objections, and would respond to them in kind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:04 am