Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

3 posters

The Gathering Storm [Closed]

Serenity
    Serenity

The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gathering Storm [Closed]

Post by Serenity Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:37 pm

The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 Header6_zpsdlfbfpnq

Lilith took her queue and calmed down. Though her yelling was more of a 'show some respect,' it may have been a little loud because of the emotional ties she had to the case. Lilith would not apologize, but she took a deep breath and regained some control over herself. As the conversation shifted to the youngest in the room, everyone turned to him. His reasoning was sound and he spoke more logically. J was impressed to hear it from someone so young. He agreed that Yua should be punished, but death was not needed in this case. The sheer emotional stress that both of those women were going through was beyond his ability to understand. Midori glanced to Gen, and if he happened to look up, she gave a small nod to him. In reality, she did agree, but she wanted someone to speak up for Yua.

Midori returned to her spot in the lines of Captains. Captain Montgomery spoke up and surprised everyone as well. Midori giggled at the statement, finding the semi-pout a little cute. Lilith smirked. J nodded. Reika sighed. And that was settled. Well, people thought it was settled until Reika spoke up.
    "Actually, yes." she stepped forward, her hands in her pockets, "If we are going easy on someone who attempted to kill our own, I request that we show our own the same treatment. I have evidence gathered from nineteen of the attacks. In each attack, the attacker was plagued by an unknown source of reiryoku. If I test Lieutenant Gen-whatever, I can almost guarantee that he will have the same results. If he does, I can say that the reiryoku invades the body and mind. It wasn't his fault."

"And so if I can prove my findings, it would mean that Yua Ichinose attacked an innocent man. Not only that, but she's a trespasser in the Seireitei. I've already had my people checking and there aren't any records of her getting a pass into the Seireitei. In fact, the only record of a Yua Ichinose is over two-hundred years old and it's pretty much empty. Haven't been able to find the original record, so far. My people are still working... However, as I said, if we're going easy on a stranger, if I prove my findings... the loud-mouth is completely innocent." Midori was stunned. J was intrigued. And Lilith was pissed. She stepped up behind Reika, who only turned as the hair on her head quite literally began to stand up in reaction to Lilith's reiatsu leaking out. "Are you implying we go easy on the man wh-..."

"Raped your daughter. Yes." Reika pushed her glasses up her nose and put her hands back in the pockets of her lab coat. Her Captain's haori hung like a sport jacket over her shoulders. She never liked wearing that thing. "As I said, if I prove my findings then Lieutenant shit-talker is actually innocent. He may be a dick, but if I'm correct, which I usually am on... well, everything... It means that he was not in control of his body when it occurred. He may not even know what did happen that day. He could have blacked out and been used as a puppet. That we are unsure of at this moment... Either way, in finding out what occurred that night. Do we punish someone who did nothing? Who was used? I understand your attachment, but it does not matter what Hidan's body did to her if his mi-..."

Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:04 am

Tsubine was the first one to react to Lilith. He disappeared before anyone could see him, and he was soon in-between Reika and Lilith. His hand caught her fist. Damn did that hurt though. He was getting pushed back before finally coming to a stop. He felt the bones in his arm ache. "LILITH. STOP." Kazuo, reacting at nearly the same time as the Captain-Commander, appeared behind Lilith. His arms went under hers in an attempt to pull her away from Lilith. "Lilith, stop." Tsubine's eyes, while glowing with energy, continued with a "please." "If you wish to duke it out with Captain Yamanaka, do so after the meeting."

"We will avoid execution on Lieutenant Genshiken. But that isn't to say that we wish to just abate the charges." Tsubine shot a glance to Lilith to show that he wasn't done. "Except in the cases where someone was not severely injured or the victim otherwise wishes not to press charges, they will still be punished even if they were controlled. Honestly, punished is not the correct word. We will take preventative action against them being able to be controlled again. We will pierce their Hakusui and Saketsu." The room fell silent. Everyone knew what that meant. It would be the removal of their Shinigami powers. Permenantly. "It is extreme, but it is not as extreme as execution or whatever experiments would be done. Until we can figure out exactly how this is being done and how to stop it, that is what will be done. I understand many of us will be uncomfortable with this. However, I feel as though this will be the best middle ground between those that want leniency and those that want punishment. Ah... this is a suggestion, by the way. I know it sounded like an order, but this is something I would prefer some other peoples' thoughts on before it is... instated."  
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:27 pm

The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 Header8_zpsoi10fc3s

Lilith's fist did hit something, but it was not Reika's face like she wanted. She had put so much force into that punch. It would have likely killed Reika without a doubt. Seeing Tsubine stand there though, with her fist caught in his hand, her eyes widened for a brief moment of shock. If had had fucked up even by the smallest of movement, did he have any idea what that could have done to him!? Lilith instantly calmed down and realized another was holding onto her. She looked back to see Kazuo and raised an eyebrow. Lilith's expression immediately turned flirtatious and she leaned back into him, "Well then... I haven't been this close to you before." Well, that's what went through her mind for a brief moment. With a certain young Captain in the room, that wasn't happening.

In reality...

Lilith jerked herself away from Kazuo and adjusted her haori.
    "Thanks." she said generally, but it was directed toward both of them and walked back to her spot in line. She didn't look at Reika at all. "What a temper..." Reika shook her head and sighed as Tsubine went on. Lilith's fists clenched tightly at what Tsubine was first saying. As he continued on, she had to admit that the idea was okay with her. The idea of that happening to Hidan was fine. J crossed his arms and nodded once to show that he agreed, but that was after he repeated the Commanders words a few times. Hanae wouldn't press charges against Ryuusei, so that he was safe. However, Midori was absolutely appalled by the idea. The moment Tsubine said he wanted more opinions on the idea, she had no problem speaking her mind.

"I think you're insane!" she exclaimed horrified by the suggestion and stepped forward, "These people had no control over what they've done, yet people are willing to take away their very way of life over it? Yeah, sure. There will be those few who say they won't press charges and there were many cases that people weren't severely injured, but who is to say that some of them don't press charges merely because they want their own form of revenge? Using the more well-known case as an example. What if the situation were reversed? Kei was the one controlled and Hidan attacked." Midori put a hand up toward Lilith to prevent her from saying anything so she could continue, "Hidan is exactly the type of person that, even if he understood the circumstances, he'd want his own revenge and press charges."

"How many of those eighty three cases were of higher ranking Shinigami?" J spoke up finally. Midori made a few motions with her hands to show she was counting. "Tenth Seat and higher... Five, but what does that have to do with anything?" J waved that question off for the moment, "How many cases resulted in heavy injury or..." he thought on the word, "...emotional trauma? I know not all r-... Violations are violent, so were they all that way?" Midori took a moment to think on that. "Out of all eighty three cases, there were seven of them that I have recorded." "There is a major difference in being stabbed and having your body violated by another person. I believe it would be best to bring these people in and interview them. Keep their attackers imprisoned during this time though."

"Why?" Lilith asked in defense of Kei. "Anyone who had a sword swung at them needs to get over it." J said bluntly and shrugged, "That is what we train for. That is what we are meant to deal with on a daily basis. Yes, being attacked by someone you trust sucks, but when you take into account that they were used as puppets, they need to man or woman up and get over it. However, the ones who had their sanctity violated deserve some sort of closure. I doubt that Miss Makabe can feel safe walking around knowing Hidan is free and of power. He needs to be dealt with in the suggested manner. We need to make sure the other incidents aren't just people wanting revenge and a deserving punishment. If Captain Hayashi had been one of those controlled and forced to do an act similar to tha-..."

"No one would mind that, but I do understand what Captain Saionji is saying. I do agree with it as well." For the first time since the meeting begun, Sosuke Aizen stepped forward and spoke up, "If to the victim what happened to them is something they know they do not have the capability of overcoming, then the attacker should be dealt with. I do not agree with the possible eighty Shinigami having their lives destroyed because of someone else's work. Taking their power kicks them out into the Rukongai. Everything they've worked for will be wasted and it's unfair. I move to what Captain Saionji has planned. It feels like the better choice to me." The room fell silent for a moment, each Captain looking around at the rest. Midori was stuck for a bit, thinking carefully about what J said.

"... WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO ONE WOULD MIND THAT!?" Midori suddenly blurted out, having not caught onto what Captain Aizen had said before. He put both of his hands up, motioning for her to calm down. "Now, now... Captain Hayashi, I only meant that with how sweet and beautiful you are, if you were the one to commit such an act, given the actual circumstances of control and puppetry going on, I don't think anyone would ever want to throw you in prison or take your powers." Sosuke explained kindly, a sweet smile on his face. Midori blushed and looked away. In that moment, Aizen looked to Captain Solomon and winked. He had obviously meant it more inappropriately, but he had a nice and well-thought cover. "So what do you guys think on what Captain Saionji has suggested?"

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:08 am

The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 GenpakuPostingHeaderBB

“I think it is a crazy idea, both as originally stated by the Captain-Commander and in its alteration by Captain Saionji,” Genpaku spoke up, looking along the line with a measure of calm.
    “When someone is cut you don't punish the knife for the action.  Much as some of us may not agree with it, Captain Yamanaka has a more valid point on this.  What is the purpose of punishing Hidan Gushiken for actions he was not aware of or contribute willingly in?  I agree the victims need some form of closure, but I don't think this is the way to accomplish it.”

“Besides, there are other factors contributing to this that are intrinsically tied with the other issue of the night,”
    Genpaku said as he switched the files in his hand, flipping open the new one.  “On a hunch a few days back I investigated a location within the Seireitei and found traces of a strange energy signature.  After confirming with the Fifth Division Captain, the conclusion was reached that the energy originated from an Arrancar.”  He let that information sink in for a moment before continuing.  “It took place at a location near where the late Captain Fujiki was seen acting strangely.  I don't have all of the evidence to prove it myself, but it seems to me this control is originating from an Arrancar.”

“That isn't the worst of it.  Here in my hand are a collection of reports from Tenth Division patrols.  Within the last eight months the Hollows of the world have been acting stranger.  Several have displayed tactics that do not fit with the normal operating patters Hollows follow.  Several others are incidents in which Hollows acted together to bring down a group of Shinigami, a rare tactic as Hollows are always more interested in personal power.  The timing of these things feels too much aligned to be coincidence.  These don't feel like the actions of individuals; this feels like a group waging war.”
     He once more let the silence emphasize the enormity of that statement.

“If I am even half right on that count, that means an enemy will have successfully gotten us to excecute one of our own, and one of substantial power garnered over generations, for actions he was neither aware of or willingly participating in.  I don't speak for Hidan Gushiken's behavior or attitude, and I do believe that his position should be forfeit at the very least though that is not my call to make.  I'm not sure what action should really be taken, considering for all his faults he was not the one who committed these actions.  Yet it doesn't feel right to just absolve those involved of their involvement due to the pain inflicted on the victims.  There do not seem to be any good choices.”

Last edited by Genpaku on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tsubine
    Tsubine
    Better Red than Dead

Post by Tsubine Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 am

Tsubine had prepared for someone to speak out against it. Midori, however, was not the one he expected. He felt bad about that. Midori and him were decently close. He hoped he hadn't screwed up another friendship. J, thankfully, was more wise on this subject than he was. J was right, and he had a better, more thought-out and less reactionary suggestion. It ended with the same result. He nodded in approval. Tsubine's mouth twitched with Captain Aizen's introduction to the conversation. Oh, that was funny. Kazuo gave Midori an apologetic look saying although it wouldn't feel right, he was a man too.

Solomon was the first to speak out after Genpaku.
    "Captain Arishima has brought up some very true concerns. Frankly, this conversation would be more convoluted in the case of the late Captain Fujiki. Unlike former Lieutenant Genshiken," Solomon was keeping to his word of removing Hidan from power, "Captain Fujiki was a more integral part of our entire society here. A Captain is quite different than a Lieutenant. What would we have done with him had he been captured instead? He raped a young woman in his division. She would most likely press charges, as she should. So under Captain Saionji and the Captain-Commander's reccomendations, he would have his powers forcibly removed. We are still having trouble filling in the late Captain Tokuma's position. If this is war, as Captain Arishima suggests, we would be down a Captain because of something we could have avoided doing."

"And yet we are still down a Captain either way, Captain Montgomery. My brother and the Captain-Commander's suggestions are harsh, yes. However, I know best our detention capabilities and our prisoner composition. As my brother said, those that had a sword swung at them is different from what was done to Lieutenant Makabe. However, Captain Arishima spoke true. We shouldn't be without Lieutenant-level and higher Shinigami because of what the Arrancar, if it is indeed Arrancar, have done." Kazuo sighed and crossed his arms. "We should do more investigation on the Hollows and the Arrancar energy signatures. I suggest we postpone the severe punishment proposed until after that investigation has concluded."

Kazuo lifted a hand to show he was not quite done.
    "But in the meantime, something has to be done. Those that have been accused of the types of violent crimes that happened to Lieutenant Makabe should be at the very least demoted. I would prefer keeping them imprisoned, but in reserves. If we need them in combat, we would be able to release them. Otherwise, they stay away from the general population. We could observe them better that way as well, so we could perhaps get more information on exactly how this is occuring. This would allow victims to not have to deal with their rapist or molestor," Kazuo spoke bluntly as the words were common to him, "while also acknowledging that perhaps the perpetrators did not have control over themselves. On that note... I move that we do not let this get out to the general public. Inform your Lieutenant at most. Think of all the crimes that could be committed if someone could just go 'Oh, I wasn't in control of myself. It's that new thing going around.' The victims should also be informed, but sworn to secrecy. Anyone else shouldl be informed on a need-to-know basis only." Solomon and Tsubine nodded in agreement to Kazuo's final point.

"Captain Saionji the Elder has proven that I am still young and have much to learn. I retract my original statement as, as Captain Hayashi said, it is insane. I think Captain Saionji the Elder's modification is reasonable. If we must, we can find promising members of the Divisions and give them extra training to get them to Lieutenant-level. The lack of Captains, however, is a problem that should be addressed first before any of those personnel changes take place. But that is for later tonight. As for what Captain Arishima said, if this is indeed war, then we are at a disadvantage at this time."

"There really are no truly good options here." Tsubine sighed, but Solomon spoke up once more. "Actually... With the help of the Twelfth Division, I may have a solution. The idea just came to me as I was thinking of what restrictions are released during times of war. One of which is Genteikaijou. As we all know, that prevents Captains and Lieutenants from using too much power in the World of the Living. What... if we modified that seal to be stronger and to work in the Soul Society as well? These six Shinigami would have their powers sealed—perhaps almost completely. Their Zanpakutō would be confiscated or even sealed themselves to require permission from their Captain or the Captain-Commander to release them. This would allow them to continue to work as Shinigami while also allowing the victims to know that their powers are sealed. Putting them under soft surveillance would also work as well. Perhaps one of each of the perpetrators is transferred to a different division. The Captain makes sure that they are surveilled. Ah, I would suggest that my former Lieutenant not be transferred to Captain Antonovich's division. I fear that he would end up a bloody mess whether intentional or not." Solomon gave Lilith an apologetic look, showing he understood her temper.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:13 pm

The Gathering Storm [Closed] - Page 2 Header9_zpsodnarkgk

It seemed that the older and more experienced Captains were being out spoken by the youngest of the group. The information he presented caught the attention of everyone here. An Arrancar was behind all of these attacks? Lilith's reaction was expected. She scowled angrily as it all set in. Midori fell silent and into her own thoughts, recalling the attacks she had been personally called for. The brutality of them wasn't strange, but the actual action was. Who expected an Arrancar's desire to be to violate someone sexually? That sort of behavior was off. Sosuke could only raise an eyebrow at the issue, debating on whether it was a single Arrancar or many that orchestrated these events. Having spent enough thought on the actual violations, J was more intrigued by the maturity of Captain Arishima's words. Reika ended up not paying attention and whispering to someone over an ear piece.

Reika's attention was re-caught by Captain Montgomery as he seemed to volunteer her Division for something. Barely coming back into the conversation, she raised an eyebrow at Captain Montgomery as she listened to what he was saying. As Captain Montgomery finished, Lilith rolled her eyes. Yeah, yeah. Don't let the bastard in her Division. She already knew that wasn't going to happen. Reika just sighed.
    "For one, pretty sure that's more up Captain Foiche's alley, not mine." Reika shrugged, "I can help with the surveillance, but you might as well put them in prison instead of wasting resources. Constantly having them watched over is a waste and taking away their powers keeps them stagnant. They won't be able to develop and will forever be frozen in time. Not much difference than prison. Might as well put them out of their misery and kill them now if that's the direction we're going."

"Captain Arishima is right. There are no right answers here." J sighed as he spoke up, his eyes narrowed as he arranged his thoughts, "We need to figure out our priorities. No matter what, someone is going to be punished when they shouldn't be. If we do nothing, the victims get no justice. Killing the attackers is an overreaction. Taking their powers is extremely harsh and brands them weak for life. Surveillance is a waste of resources and prevents them from having any sort of private life, which is a violation of natural rights, especially when I doubt there will be more than one Hidan on that list. I still believe we need to collect each of the victims and discuss the situation carefully with them. If we cannot come up with a viable solution..." J took in a deep breath and looked to the Commander, "It may be best to wipe their memory, whether victim or attacker. You can't fear what never happened."

"Why don't we make it a combination of everything we've suggested. Captain Saionji is right about rounding up the victims of the more violent crimes." Sosuke Aizen decided it was his turn to speak up here, "If we do that, then we can interview them. Ask them how they feel about the facts that have been presented. If they still feel the person that harmed them needs to be punished, then they can choose which one they feel their attacker deserves. Depending on their reactions as well, we could also bring victim and attacker together, only with the victims permission, and even allow apologies to flow. It could be that simple with most of the cases." "That's not a bad idea. Most of the victims are kind and level-headed people. I can see them understanding the circumstances and forgiving those who attacked them." "I don't see that happening on all of them. Maybe some, but not all."

"So what happens when someone doesn't want to forgive and does desire their attacker to be punished?" "Nevermind that." Reika spoke up, interrupting the meeting with a wave of her hand. She chuckled, sighed, and shook her head. Yamanaka brought her hand to her ear and spoke up over whoever the hell was talking at the time. "Hehehe... I knew I wouldn't be the one regretting not letting me talk. You idiots should have let me talk earlier..." And with that, Kaminari had been taken again...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:09 am