Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade

A forum-based original AU Bleach RP.

Staff

Top posting users this month

No user

Latest topics

» Tsubine's Code Testing
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 am by Tsubine

» Rumors and Alternative Facts [Private]
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 7:58 pm by Snopy

» Ryuunosuke Asakawa [WIP]
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am by Tsubine

» Maaya the Negotiator [Closed]
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:29 am by Tsubine

» Promise of a Good Time
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:45 pm by Serenity

» Training Day [Private]
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm by Serenity

» Gotei 13 Hierarchy
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 6:40 am by Tsubine

» His Time in the Sunlight [Private]
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:42 pm by Serenity

» Snopy's Template's V9001
Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 am by Snopy

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 2339 messages in 271 subjects

We have 57 registered users

The newest registered user is Zampakto

2 posters

Babysitting [Closed]

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Babysitting [Closed]

Post by Genpaku Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:39 am

Genpaku slept like a dead man, which was appropriate in a fashion.

It was one of those strangely blessed sleeps beyond the touch of dream or nightmare, the sleep of the well and truly exhausted. It was probably the first good night's sleep he'd had in close to a month by this point. Beyond the curtain of sleep he stayed through the turning of the day, through the deep shadow of night, and into the morning thereafter. Despite the comings and goings of his apartment, he didn't stir. Sometimes, you simply need to sleep.

Luckily, he eventually awoke. Slowly he became aware that he was awake as his room came into focus around him. His bed was warm and comfortable, and there was a small part of him that simply wanted to turn over and see if he could return to that quiet place beyond thoughts. He blinked the sleep from his eyes, grumbled a little, and finally sat up. He cast a glance around the room, finding a glass of water at his bedside. He picked it up, took a drink, and started to think. After a bit he finally pulled himself out of bed; he stripped out of the clothes he'd been in for entirely too long and walked into the shower attached to his room. A long shower later, he felt at least closer to human. He fished out fresh clothes, and made his way out into living room to see what exactly he'd missed in the twenty or so hours he'd been dead to the world.

Babysitting [Closed] - Page 2 GenpakuPostTemplateFooter
    Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:53 am

Almost a full day passed them by, too slowly for Kaminari's liking. Her worry kept her awake for hours longer than she normally stayed up. When she finally fell asleep, it was with a book in her hand and stretched along the couch. When Genpaku woke up, she did not stir. However, as if it had been planned, the book she had been holding slid slowly from her fingers and hit the ground below with a small thud. Kaminari's eyes shot open and her head up to look around. When her eyes fell on Gen, she stared for a moment with relief in her eyes and then covered a yawn.

Kaminari turned her attention to the clock hanging on the wall and noted the time. "Good morning. Did you just wake up?" she asked through yet another yawn. She had barely slept for three or four hours herself. She needed more, but she was 'on duty' now. She stood up and walked to the kitchen sink, splashing some cold water on her face and then wiping it down with a clean towel. "Twenty hours. That's a record for you." she said as she went to the fridge and began picking out quite a bit of food, "I'll get breakfast going quick. You're gonna need to refuel after that sleep..." 

With everything prepared and the food on the stove to start cooking, Kaminari remembered one of the few things that Lilith had instructed her to do when Genpaku woke up. "Right." she mumbled, still trying to wake herself up. Today, a morning person she was not. She pulled out the folded note Lilith left and handed it to him. "Lilith left it for you."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:21 am

“Just under an hour ago,” he said, giving a small smile as she yawned. She rose, and headed into the kitchen to start making breakfast; he noticed she didn't move along with quite the same amount of energy she normally did. If he had to guess, she hadn't slept much last night. Guess he wasn't really in a place to scold her though, given what he'd put himself through recently. He'd throw into that fight later.

Kaminari seemed to remember something, and handed him a note from Lilith. He raised and eyebrow and went to read it while Kaminari turned back to the food she was making. He gave a small disgruntled smirk at Lilith's threat before getting to the last bit. He felt the color rise up in his cheeks; he folded up the note again and let out a huff of a breath, reaching up and rubbing at his eyes. What was with everyone playing matchmaker lately?

“Kaminari, what exactly were Lilith's order's to you?” he asked after a few moments. He wasn't entirely sure she'd give him the full answer, depending on what Lilith had said, but it would be nice to know what the terms of his apparent house-arrest were. While he had initially agreed with Lilith's statement about needing a break, this was a little more than he had agreed too.

Truth be told, sitting idle in his apartment wasn't actually the most relaxing of activities to him anyway.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:15 am

There was a loud clash as Kaminari fell, dropping a muffin pan as well. She shot up from the ground with a small hop and picked the pan up quickly. She stared at him for a moment, blinking in shock. "How did she..." Kaminari turned away, set the muffin pan on the counter, and kept her back to him for a bit. Her mind was in panic mode as she recounted the orders that Lilith forced her to memorize. Lilith stayed for ten extra minutes just to make sure she drilled them into her head. Kaminari had felt so awkward saying that. "Your Mother knows you too well..." Kaminari said sheepishly and then turned around to face him, "Well... I... Ugh. There were a few of them, and well, she said..."

Kaminari's face went deep red. There was no way to hide such an obvious blush beyond putting her hands over her face, so she did. She whined and talked into her hands, making it come out slightly muffled. "It is extremely inappropriate, embarrassing, and she predicted that you would use the word 'exactly' to ask about them. Lilith said that if you asked 'what exactly were your orders,' then I would tell you that: One, I am required to be with you at all times. Two, you are not supposed to leave this apartment. Three, if you try to leave, I have to do whatever I can to keep you here, even if..." While she was explaining, she grabbed a piece of note paper and began writing something down.

Kaminari handed it to him, "She didn't say I couldn't write it." Kaminari couldn't even look at Genpaku at that point. The note she gave him read, "Even if I have to hold you by the testicles balls to do it." Kaminari rarely used bad language, let alone anything sexual. "I told her she couldn't be serious and she confirmed that she was dead serious. I even called out the vulgarity of it and how she could say that about her son, but... she said 'I'm not a Mom right now. I'm a Captain. You have your orders.' Roar, roar, stomp, stomp and left after saying something I was not ordered to repeat, so I will not. I-I just... No, I can't." Kaminari shuddered at the thought and went back to the kitchen.

"Anyways... I know you don't like sitting around, but please don't leave. I can't keep up with you and the punishment for failing this mission is kind of up there. Captain Antonovich," Kaminari spoke formally because Lilith was being extra mean, "... gave me these orders officially and even said she'll be filling out the paperwork for it. It's an actual mission. Mean, I know, but she's worried about you. I mean, I am too, but I wouldn't go to this extreme. I feel sort of sabotaged actually. Why not have a Captain watch another Captain? I can't keep up with you, so if you run, what the hell am I supposed to do?" Kaminari sighed after her stressful ramblings and continued cooking, "This is gonna be a long day."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:29 am

Genpaku blinked a few times are Kaminari's initial reaction, and remained silent as she went down the rather extensive list of things that Lilith had ordered. Which wasn't to say he gave no reaction; a deep frown marred his features as Kaminari explained. While the extreme embarrassment was funny, cute even, he couldn't really bring himself to be all too amused with the situation.

He hadn't counted on being placed under house arrest.

Lilith knew that threatening him had little effect at this point, so threatening punishing of one of his was about as good a way as she was likely to get to trying to strong-arm him into co-operating with what she wanted. While Genpaku could agree that he needed rest, this was going way beyond what was needed. Besides which such a restriction would go a long way to making sure that he exactly couldn't relax. While he had furnished his home to be comfortable, he didn't spend much of his limited free time (when he did have it) here. He preferred being outside, going wherever whim took him. He let out a huff of a sigh, and remained quiet for a bit while Kaminari cooked.

Besides, he wasn't likely to get to relax when one of his major concerned was in the room.

He pushed that thought and its logic chain away; he didn't want to deal with that just yet.

“I do so hate it when she goes overboard like this,” he grumbled, for a moment sounding very little like the normally composed captain he worked hard to be. He shook his head.
    “Anything else she ordered you to do?”

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:00 am

The silence that followed her explanation was welcomed. Kaminari did her best to finish cooking up a rather big meal for Genpaku and herself. "I agree, but people tend to go overboard when it comes to those they love."  Kaminari chuckled and gave him a 'isn't that obvious' type look. She brought everything from the counter to the table and set it down. "Breakfast is ready. I got most of it put together last night so I could make it quicker this morning. This was one of the other orders I was given." Kaminari sat down at the table. There was quite a spread of 'westernized' food. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, hash-browns, country fried steak, country gravy on the side, and toast with jelly on the side. It was quite a spread and quite a bit more than the two of them could eat.

"Enjoy." Kaminari made her plate and sat in silence before she began eating. She recounted all of the orders she was given, trying to make sure she didn't forget any of them. She wasn't keen on being punished by Lilith. "One, attached. Two, trapped. Three, leash. Four, fed. Five... I don't think... Was there another one? I can't remember. Thi-... Oh, right. Three hours of training, but how am I supposed to do that if we're stuck here?" Kaminari was mostly mumbling to herself, but she was easily understood. She looked to Genpaku and gave a tooth baring smile, "I had to name the orders to remember them since I didn't get time to write 'em down. Attached is you stuck with me. Trapped is not being allowed to leave here. Leash is me informing her if you leave. Fed is, well..." She motioned to the food, "And I'll call the last training for obvious reasons. Since we can't leave, I'm not sure how to do that one, unless we use your backyard..."

She barely touched her food and hadn't put that much on her plate in the first place. She sat in silence, staring off while she thought of a way around Lilith's rules. Unfortunately, she couldn't think of one. "You don't have to stay; I won't call her." she said and shrugged when he'd look to her, "You don't like staying in one place, so go where you want. I just think you should let Captain Antonovich do the work she promised you. And I'm not going to snitch on my best friend and Captain, even if I do get in trouble. It's not like she's going to kill me. I can take whatever she throws my way, so if you leave... just keep yourself safe. I'll have lunch ready at one and dinner at seven. You need to keep your strength up."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:14 am

Genpaku took in Kaminari's explanation of the orders, and seemed to roll them around in his head a bit.  He busied himself eating the food, which she was generally good at making though she also didn't usually make this much food.  He thought about the orders that Lilith had given and the threats she'd laid out.  When Kaminari spoke up again, he shifted his gaze.  He let her talk out her thoughts before he shrugged.
    “Nah, if I go somewhere I'll just drag you along with me,” he commented, going back to eating his food.
    “And you could use the backyard as a training ground,” he commented a minute later.  He seemed to think about it for a few moments before he looked back up at Kaminari.
    “Why have you never asked for training from me in the past?” he asked.

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:32 am

Kaminari replied only with a weak smile about being dragged along. She'd go with him, but she'd likely feel in the way, slow, and like she was disobeying orders. It's all she had been recently. "Oh. Are you sure? Thank you." she replied. The backyard would be perfect for minor things, like practicing her form and energy control. Anything bigger would have to wait, not only for her skill but for Genpaku to no longer be on Lilith's overbearing leash.

His question came at a bit of a surprise. She looked up from her plate at him and stared for a moment, frozen mid-bite. She sat up, finished the bite, wiped her mouth, and looked around the table for something else to distract her and give her time to collect her thoughts. "Well." she cleared her throat and took a drink, "I don't ask because..." Kaminari searched for an answer she could give that would be the truth, but not reveal everything at the same time. Anything she came up with felt like way too much of a lie, so after some silence and her dazing off, she spoke up.

Kaminari looked away from him, ashamed and embarrassed. "It's... because... I... suck..." she said, drawing her words out slowly. Kaminari turned in her chair to face sort-of away from him and brought her feet up to the seat, her knees hugged to her chest like a shy young girl. "You're good at everything." she spat out, hints of annoyance and jealousy in her tone, "You're so fast, strong... good at Kidō too. One of the few Shinigami that can perform Kaidō and put out such destructive power. The only thing you suck at is keeping still. Me? I suck at it all. Why would I waste your time?" 
    Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:42 am

It took her some time to come up with a proper answer, and when she did he found it odd. She went down the list, and he didn't miss the hints of jealousy and annoyance in her voice. He listened to her breakdown, and he couldn't help but smile as she finished.
    “You think I'm good at Kidō?” he asked in the silence that followed her comments.
    “Kaminari, I struggled at Kidō in the Academy,” he pointed out. “I had to search out the top Kidō user in my class and bribe him into helping me out. Ever since then I've had to work twice as hard to keep up a passable level of skill. There are seated members that I suspect have a higher level of skill and control than I do,” he said, and gave her a pointed look.

“As for the rest of it; you're not wrong. It didn't come easy though,” he said, and some of the laughter left his expression. “I had to learn fast, and I got lucky. In more than a few ways. As much as I was gifted with some aptitude, I've worked my ass off every day since to reach what level of skill I have managed to get to.” His comments held only a small bit of derision for his own abilities, and truth be told he didn't even really notice it. He watched Kaminari for a few moments before he suddenly smiled.
    “Besides, you're not giving yourself much credit in your assessment. Your fundamentals need work, there's no two ways about that. However, I've seen the reports on your skill with Kidō. I've seen the few times you've actually made use of it. You've got a knack for it. I think you've got the potential for a lot more too, if you put your head to it.”

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:08 am

"Of course I do. You're good at everything." Kaminari spouted, now sounding more disappointed in herself than anything. She glanced over her shoulder at him briefly, able to catch the smile he had. She raised an eyebrow. "What are you smiling at?" she asked before he continued. She didn't catch what that look meant and turned away from him again. She kept her back to him throughout their conversation, curled up in the chair, and staring at the ground.

"I don't have that type of motivation to work twice as hard and I'm not gifted either." she muttered, once again comparing the two of them. Kaminari sighed and spun in her chair to face him. As she was about to speak, he smiled again and caught her off guard. She blinked and waited for him to say what must have just come to his mind.

"I have very little credit to give." Kaminari retorted, eyebrow raised. To her, the statement was obvious. "You know... Recently, people have been saying that I'm more than I am. Lilith hit the nail on the head though." Kaminari lightly struck her head with a first and sighed again. "I don't think you get it... If you wanna do the comparison thing, we're around the same age and studied a similar amount of time. You're a Captain, I'm a Fifth Seat and I'm no way near good enough for that. I haven't found someone who can really train me. I spent years watching Solas and Midori before the Gotei began recording my abilities as a Shinigami. That is where any skill I have in Kidō came from. Midori couldn't train me; she said that her methods and I didn't mix and, I was never asking Solas."

Kaminari stood from her chair and began pacing back and forth, grabbing at her hair in frustration and rubbing her face. "Dai's too mellow and I'd never get anything accomplished. Kazuo is too busy, and we can't train enough to get where I want to be. His brother is scary. I am not asking that golden-eyed-mongoose." This was a nickname she often gave Tsubine behind his back, "Reika, Kurisu, and Nobuharu are all insane. I don't even know Captain Montgomery, yet. Kei doesn't like being around me. Hanae avoids me because Nina hates me; I know that now. Aizen teaches everyone! Professor Nakahara creeps me out. I want to ask the invisible Lieutenant of the Sixth, but I can't find him!!! Lilith won't train me now, for some sudden reason, even though she had just said she would! It was probably just an excuse to hit me and not make people mad! And I just cannot repeatedly fail at everything I do in front of you!"

When she got into these rants, unless someone stopped her, she kept going until everything was out. She had a habit of flailing her arms and hands about, pacing, tugging at her hair, covering her face, and speaking quicker than normal. When her rants came to an end, she usually had to catch her breath because she'd say it all in one, maybe two. This time, she just froze and rolled her eyes at herself. "Ugh. That's why." she admitted and leaned her back against a nearby wall. She slid down the wall and kept her head leaning back against it, looking up at the ceiling.

"I can handle Lilith calling me weak. I can handle  Midori telling me I'm being an idiot. I can handle Kazuo laughing at my failures. I can even handle Solas patting my head, shoving her boobs in my face, and calling me adorable...  But... Every time I have been on the battlefield, I've failed. Every time. ...I have failed the only person whose opinion is important to me. So doing that on the training grounds too? Where my life isn't in danger and I should be getting better, but I'm just not? ...That." She looked to him and shook her head, "That I can't handle."

"I can't keep failing you..."

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:26 am

Genpaku sat quietly, letting Kaminari go about her rant. The smile slowly faded from his expression over the course of it though. He'd known her long enough to know that when she'd worked herself up into one of these kinds of rants it was, generally, better to let her work through it as best she could. Her rant wound down as she sank to the floor, notes of resignation and despair in her voice.

When he moved from the chair to directly in front of her, crouched down on his haunches, is pointless conjecture. With deliberate precision he reached out and flicked her forehead enough to focus her attention back on him. He stared back at her, sympathy and resolve in his eyes.

“The only time you fail anyone, Kaminari, is the time when you hit the ground and decide its not worth getting back up,” he said simply, the words formed from a bedrock-firm belief in the statement even as it was said. Like it was something he said to himself every time.
    “Before the events of the last year you had nearly forty confirmed bounties turned in, varying in levels of strength. You say you don't have the power to hold your position, yet no one has managed to displace you. You have neglected your training, especially in the last year, and you have a long way to go until you reach whatever goal you've set for yourself.” Genpaku leaned a little closer to her, and gave a 'matter-of-fact' smirk. “Welcome to the club.”

“Besides, maybe even if I can't train you I might able to help you figure out who can.”

Serenity
    Serenity

Post by Serenity Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:05 am

She lifted her head to look at him, only to get flicked. Kaminari closed her eyes, wincing more at that action than the pain, and then rubbed the spot with a pout. "And what was that for?" she asked, though she knew the answer already. His kind words did bring a light to her previous accomplishments. A year ago just felt so far away for Kaminari, and anything she did since then had been a failure and even endangered the people she loved. It was not a good year.

That little lean in of his caused Kaminari to withdraw just a bit, though only her head slightly turned away and moved back from him. She couldn't go anywhere with the wall behind her, so this was satisfactory. She stared at him, that pout still slightly placed. His actions and words, mostly him leaning in, brought a tint of pink to her cheeks. That tint was quickly accompanied by a narrowed-eyed glare. Kaminari brought her hands to his face and grabbed onto his cheeks, pulling at them a little roughly, but not enough to actually hurt him. She didn't think she was strong enough to hurt him anyways. "You're making me nervous!" she said, letting him go a moment later, "But fine. I get it."

Kaminari sighed and relaxed into the wall before putting her hand on his chest and pushing him back so he'd be sitting and not crouched in front of her. "So, I'm training with you then?" she asked, looking to a spot on the floor she was scratching lightly at, "You're not allowed to make fun of me... or laugh at me. No patting my head or insulting me! Don't judge me or tell me that I'm messing up again. Don't do the," she crossed her arms and straightened her back, "'Do it again' stuff that so many trainers do. And... don't... Just don't. I don't know what else, but don't do it if it's going to make me feel stupid." Sighing, she relaxed back into the wall once again, "I am so tired of feeling stupid..."  

Genpaku
    Genpaku

Post by Genpaku Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:27 am

He smiled when she reached out and tugged at his cheeks, though it was mostly hidden by him complaining about it before she released them.  A few moments later she visibly relaxed; that was better.  Kaminari looked better wearing a smile than a frown.  She reached out and shoved him back, and he let himself tip back until he was sitting as Kaminari started talking once more.
    “I can't promise that,” he said when she was done; as she looked up to protest he raised a hand to stall her, and looked at her with serious eyes.
    “I won't pat your head, I won't laugh at you, and I won't call you stupid.  That all said, Kaminari I also won't sugar-coat it when you need to hear it.  You don't want to be called stupid, and you're not; that's fine.  However, I'm also not going to treat you like a child because you aren't.  You're a grown woman, a warrior, and a friend.  I'll do what I can to help you, but if you want to really get stronger and go further than you had then it means you're going to have to get pushed past your current limits.”

He gave her a smile after that though.
    “I'll be tough on you because you need it, but I'm not going to judge your skill as a judgment of your character.  I know you've got the potential to be more than you are, and much stronger than you think you can be.  It will take work, and hard work at that, to get there.  I can push all I want, but at the end of the day you're the one that has to want to go.  If you don't, then it won't matter how much anyone tries to train you; others can show you the road, but you're the only one who can walk it,” he said with a sympathetic smile.  He was her friend, so he wasn't going to lie to her about it.  Frankly, it was better she knew that upfront.
    “I'm not going to break you down; the point is to build you up.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:39 am